The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default My Little Pony: The War Of Seasons OOC: Maneville's Dinning Hall

"Welcome dearies, to the Dinning Hall of Maneville! Please feel free to eat and-"
    Mama Porridge frown all of the sudden and flag your hooves with her ladle.
    "Ah! Ah! No wheat cider for you dearies! The hot milk is over there..."
    --------------

Well, finally we here! I will start the game soon, hopefully.
    For now put her your sheets, pick a color, and if you have any requests or anyhting.. here is the place.
    You could also, expand of your characters, NPCs, and make up new Npcs

OOC: If somepony know how to make tables, it would be quite helpful...
    Players:

anonomas321/Wishpering Light

Derjuin/Diamond Dust

Theobold/Silver Lining

Miltonian/Lantern Light

Astral Flare/Schismatic

Aegis

IC Thread:http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?544461-My-Little-Pony-War-Of-Seasons-The-Flower-has-blossomed&p=22652310#post22652310

Chapter II: Shattered Ice

Rolls thread

Spoiler: Recruitment info
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Opening Theme

Are the doors locked? Have you closed the curtains?

Very well then. I will tell you this story, but only once. Blizzard Weeps has her eyes and ears everywhere, and her knights would put us to the sword for telling these old, tired tales.

Long ago, Galopardia was ruled by four mighty princesses who all shared its throne. They were very old, and very wise, and to avoid arguing among themselves they ruled our land in turns of three months each. These were what we called the seasons.
    Vesna of Spring, beaming with hope and youth, an eternal filly at times and a young mare in love at others. She melted the snow, and flowers bloomed in her wake. Oh? Yes, you are right, little one. Flowers looked just like the protective wards on our door. There were many kinds of them, in all colours that you can imagine! But where was I? Ah, yes.
    Letta, Princess of Summer, passionate, powerful and hot headed. Always playful and always competetive. Every summer was filled with adventure and memories, as the grass grew higher than our heads could look!
    Dysis, Princess of Autumn, she was timid, calm and wise. As the leaves grew red and yellow, she sang her songs, preparing all nature for the long hibernation. Hers was a quiet time of rest and preparation.

And of course, there was Princess Tundra of Winter. Hers was the cold time that is now our life, one of rest yet also one of judgement. Those who failed to prepare in Autumn and Summer would not survive her reign, whenever it came.

Long ago, a High King has rose to power, more foolish than any pony else, who carried the crown before him. He failed to prepare his subject for winter, and instead of owing up to his mistakes, ordered Princess Tundra to revoke her winter on his city. And when she refused, as was her right, he and the other princesses betrayed her and banished her away.

But without winter, there was no rest. Without rest, there was no strength. Animals became restless, and plants stopped growing. Gallopardia was dying. The ponies begged Tundra to come back. But her heart had become scarred. She returned not by herself, but with an army of cold dragons, set on vengeance and conquest. In the end, three of the princesses and the foolish king were gone.

And Tundra wept for what she had done. In her Tower of Tears, locked away from all sight, she mourns to this day. For this, we call her Blizzard Weeps.

For the snow is her tears, and they cover the world.

---------------------------------------------

Welcome to Gallopardia! This is a pony land, completely alternate to Equestria.
    This is also medival-ish land.
    This is land of eternal winter, but luckily, you are living at safe and pleasant village called Maneville.
    In Maneville, all three kinds of ponies live in harmony, which allow them, to raise enough food-
    Pegasi, clearing the sky, unicorns warming the field with their magic, and earth ponies make the plants grow.
    You are bunch of foals(teens), which Princess Blizzard Weeps and the monsters of Gallopardia, are just scary rumors for you.
    You can make up anything you want about Maneville and it's characters- just with approve from me. This is your village after all.

feel free to ask anything.

Sources of inspiration: Tolkien's works, Narnia, The Black Cauldron, Frozen, Slavic Mythology and of course, The Cycle. (which in need for players as well, by the way)

Spoiler: big 16
    Show
    1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Roleplay Is Magic Season 4.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?
    Gallopardia- an alternate pony land, which in under eternal winter.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?

3-6

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?

PbP right here on GITP forums.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?

30 XP. Paragon Pony

6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?

Not relevant at Rim

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed.

the edges which I have homebrewed.

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?

Base races only.
    9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?

by XP
    10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?

nope

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?

n/a
    12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?

Players will role for themselves. Passive rolls would be made be me

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

Paragon Ponies, homebrewed edges. Epic Experience. There would be rules for dealing with the cold, which you'l meet during play.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Yes. Please. and concentrate on personality.
    You are all from Maneville
    15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?

there would action, roleplaying, and mix of all above. Inspired by epic kind of fantasy, like Tolkien or Narnia.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?

RUM 4...

Spoiler: Homebrewed edges
    Show

Fluffy
    You have fluffier coat than usual. You always considered as at least decently clothed, for the sake of cold checks. Or +1 for such rolls, if required.
    Cost: 5 xp.

Puffy
    You are even fluffier, than the fluffy ponies. You always considered as at least clothed well, for the sake of cold checks. Or +3 for such rolls, if required.
    requirement: Fluffy
    Cost:5 Xp

credits of the pic to Ziom05. And huge thanks to Theoboldi for helping with the teaser and so much more

Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-03-03 at 08:19 PM.
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: The War Of Seasons OOC: Maneville's Dinning Hall

Reserved for Maneville Mayor- me!

Personally Known Npcs:

Mama Porridge The cook of the village's Dinning Hall. Because of economical reasons and will to unify the ponies even more, most of meals are ate together at the Dinning Hall. Mama Porridge is middle aged mare, who handling it with firm and motherly hoof of iron.

Diamond Dust's Aunts: Spring Step and Cold Snap; while Cold Snap is related to Diamond Dust's mother (Bracing Breeze, who has passed away), Spring Step is from another family entirely and so isn't biologically her "aunt" but Dia still calls her that. Cold Snap herself isn't related to those knights, retainers etc. that Diamond Dust's father's family was famous for; she doesn't know much about it except what Dia has told her.
    Spring Step tends to what gardens the town can manage and is an earth pony, while Cold Snap is a retired member of the weather team/scout patrol and is a pegasus. She is missing the bottom 2/3 of her hind right leg, having lost it to frostbite.

Nightview- Astronomer- unicorn adoptive mother of Cloudy Stormfall, which seems to be too much for her. easily distracted.
    Stormfall- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ruk/edit#gid=0

Hypno Clock Silver Lining's Grandfather. Wise unicorn wizard, calm and reserved. The unoffical sage of Maneville.
    Early Bird- Earth Pony. Silver Lining's mother.
    Dust Trail Pegasus. Silver Linings' father.
    Zoom Glide and Earth Clash Twins
    Fleethoof Silver Lining's brother
    Silver Medal Silver Lining's lilttle sister. Unicorn. Member of the Cutie Mark Hunters

Lantern Light's fatherSun Light, retired watch pony. , a greying stallion with a bad hip but bright mind and quick wit.
    LAntern Light's Mother Morning Glory, the mare who turned the land around their small cottage into a garden worthy of royalty. Sometimes worries more than she should.
    LAntern Light's older brothers: watch ponies. Blazing Torch: The oldest brother. Broad-shouldered, quick-tempered, but loyal to a fault.
    Thunder Hooves: The younger brother. Lantern thinks he should be named ‘Thunder Lungs’ because he snores at night. Very quick to voice his opinion, right or wrong.
    Lanetn Light's two sistersSugar Spice: The oldest sister. Swears that, if she just has the right ingredients, she can perfect this mysterious thing called ‘ice cream’.
    Sky Gazer: The younger sister. Has dreams of being a poet, (and a cutie mark for it) though due to the family’s social position that may not be likely. Still, when the village needs someone to recite the deeds of ponies long gone, they need look no farther than her.

Snowy Justice An Earth Pony Staliion, brave and seriouse. White coated and cyan maned. The Captain of Maneville's guard

Wishpering Light's Mom?
    Honey Tongue An earth pony merchant mare. Known for her silk words, and her goods, she mostly bring from Clover River(the biggest City of Gallopardia) if you want something you can't create yourself, or can get from your friends- you should probably be prepared to come to Honey Tongue, with prepared wallet- or alternate ways of payment. Since she is one of the only constant travelers of Maneville, she also carry messages across the land.
    Creaky Wagon Her quite and humble husband who carry her wagon.
    Gold Hoof Their son, 15 years old. With special talent for fixing things, he also stay at Maneville, maintiaing the family's shop.

Nobility Stock up fluffy unicorn. Her parents are rich jewelrs who left Clover River because of.. reasons. She is proud of paying instead of working, and for some reason, hold special hatred toward Silver Lining.

Cabbage Head Your official Maneville's Derpy.

Ginger Grain- The Inn keeper.

Sunset's Meadow's family living a bit farther then the others, and proud at their ability to grow plants anywhere. Sunset Meadow is sort of outcasted because he can't meet their standards.

Midnight Wind "Her eyes are the prettiest blue. They sparkle like a clear blue stream when she's happy. They also peirce your soul. Keep you on the straight and narrow. Her wings cut throught the air like blades and she disappears in the night." (described by Sunset Meadow)

Courage-An Ex Guard. Today expert paranoid, and equally expert trap maker.
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2019-02-23 at 03:17 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hello and thank you!

Here is my sheet, Lantern Light.

And as for color, I don't tend to use them, but I can if that would be your preference.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Cloudy Stormfall Will be speaking in this color

Also to Clarify: Nightview is a unicorn, and she is kind of a poor parent. Not because she doesn't love/care for Cloudy (she does) but she's easily distracted and just simply wasn't prepared or capable of being the best parent, especially for a pegasus who can fly away from her and create monster weather. Nobody else would take in Cloudy but her, and this colored her perceptions of the rest of the town.

She wasn't able to give her adopted daughter enough to eat all the time or a home that was always warm... the best protection, but she did instill in Cloudy her sense of self-control and helped her find her center.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Hello hello!

Diamond Dust will speak in Igpay Atinlay Indigo.

Diamond Dust's aunts are Spring Step and Cold Snap; while Cold Snap is related to Diamond Dust's mother (Bracing Breeze, who has passed away), Spring Step is from another family entirely and so isn't biologically her "aunt" but Dia still calls her that. Cold Snap herself isn't related to those knights, retainers etc. that Diamond Dust's father's family was famous for; she doesn't know much about it except what Dia has told her.

Spring Step tends to what gardens the town can manage and is an earth pony, while Cold Snap is a retired member of the weather team/scout patrol and is a pegasus. She is missing the bottom 2/3 of her hind right leg, having lost it to frostbite.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Table? Unfortunately table code is unsupported. I can however try to jury rig one....

(If it's not looking right i am trying to fix)

Wishpering Light..... Fort: 30/30..... Will: 30/30..... Valor: 5

Diamond Dust......... Fort: 30/30..... Will: 20/20..... Valor: 3

Cloudy Stormfall..... Fort: 25/25..... Will: 25/25..... Valor: 2

Silver Lining............. Fort: ??/??..... Will: ??/??..... Valor: ??

Lantern Light........... Fort: 40/40..... Will: 60/60..... Valor: 3

The best i can do

Most code tries to form new paragraph.
    Last edited by Alcore; 2017-12-08 at 11:48 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Barbarian in the Playground

Reposting Whispering Light's profile, and as someone already took the blue, I'll be going with a Teal instead

8. - Top - End - #8

Alright then! I suppose it’s time to get cracking on Lantern Light’s family.

First, the parents.
    Father: Sun Light, a greying stallion with a bad hip but bright mind and quick wit.
    Mother: Morning Glory, the mare who turned the land around their small cottage into a garden worthy of royalty. Sometimes worries more than she should.

And then, the children, in order of birth.

Blazing Torch: The oldest brother. Broad-shouldered, quick-tempered, but loyal to a fault.
    Thunder Hooves: The younger brother. Lantern thinks he should be named ‘Thunder Lungs’ because he snores at night. Very quick to voice his opinion, right or wrong.
    Sugar Spice: The oldest sister. Swears that, if she just has the right ingredients, she can perfect this mysterious thing called ‘ice cream’.
    Sky Gazer: The younger sister. Has dreams of being a poet, (and a cutie mark for it) though due to the family’s social position that may not be likely. Still, when the village needs someone to recite the deeds of ponies long gone, they need look no farther than her.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

And here's a repost of the sheet:

Diamond Dust
    Morning Star

10. - Top - End - #10

So, shall we get to know each other a bit before the game starts?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

You mean ourselves or our characters?

I've been around the Playground for more than a few years and really got into MLP after feeling that the Dragon Shy episode reminded me alot of Lambert the Sheepish Lion, which is a favotire Disney short of mine, and I tend to favor pony characters who are DJs and/or reformed villains.

Cloudy is a bit clumsy; she has the imperfections of childhood still hanging around her even though she acts calm and stoic most of the time. Silver is her best friend, Diamond Dust is *a* friend but Cloudy gives her almost the same level of respect, but I don't know if otherwise parents tell their kids to avoid being friends with that awful pegasus who can't control her powers. She's lightning-bolted her home ( a grain silo refurbished into an observatory) and nearly set it on fire or iced it over several times growing up, and probably wrecked other things in town...

I've imagined that Lantern Light is everybody's friend on some level or another. He seems helpful and congenial enough that he is by default popular and dependable by his piers. Whispering light, on the other hand... I'm kinda unsure about. He and Cloudy are both orphans of sorts but maybe he's scared of her due to the poor reputation she has?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

12. - Top - End - #12

Both I guess.

I've not been around all that long. I've had the account for a bit, but only starting seriously posting after I got into MLP. Actually, the Out of Context Quotes thread encouraged me to check it out, since some of those were hilarious. Now, I GM two games, Celestia's Finest (which kind of clogs up the IC forum because of all the side-threads and whatnot) and Discord's Discs. Both run off GURPS and are set in a future-Equestria where the Elements are immortals alongside the alicorns. The first is a military campaign of high-action and adventure. The second was meant to be a co-op but turned into a solo and involves hopping between video games to find clues Discord left in them. Once assembled, those clues lead to a Marelantean artifact of great power.

Lantern Light would try to be everyone's friend, or at least be friendly with them. They're all members of the town, after all. It's strangers and outsiders that he'd be wary of, at least initially. And as for his fear of the dark, I think he'd be spooked but alright so long as he had his lantern. But if he's ever in total darkness (save for his room. You don't leave a candle lit at night, after all) he'd struggle not to panic.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

..When did you start a second game?!!? Arrgh, I wish I had seen the recruiting thread for that one...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

I got into the Pony fandom around 2011-ish; I remember seeing people with pony avatars and pony t-shirts and such, wondering what in the world was going on. I actually remember watching it like a social experiment, and then I ended up falling head over hooves in love with it. Season 1 was pretty good to me, and Season 2 hooked me (suited for success and sweet & elite were my two top episodes for a VERY long time). I'm still a hardcore pony fan to this day, and Season 7 has really been an awesome ride. The Perfect Pear is currently my favorite episode, and I've watched it more than I have any other episode in the entire series; I still cry every time, from the song forward.

To be honest, I think MLP saved me. I was heading down a really cynical and uncaring path, when I guess MLP taught me again how to care and openly, honestly love and feel real emotions again. Thanks, pony!

Here on GitP, I like to homebrew Magic: the Gathering cards, write probably horribly balanced D&D 3.5 material, and run and participate in RPs.

I'm currently running the critically acclaimed (by like, 8 people) MLP game, The Cycle. It's kind of like my baby, something I've been writing and brainstorming over the past 4 years. It's inspired by a great many games and stories that have affected me to some degree - the core Shin Megami Tensei series (primarily 4/apocalypse), Homestuck, MLP itself of course, Earthbound/Mother series, even Dark Souls a bit. I like to change each iteration of the game (each "cycle") to be different from the previous, but about the same story. Events from previous iterations actually affect future iterations, as players who participated in both The Cycle I and The Cycle 2: Eclectic Twist-a-loo can attest. It's never the events you'd expect, though

=============

Diamond Dust is primarily interested in protecting others as her knightly heritage would have her do, but having grown up around a manipulative stepmother and a washed-up father and not having known her mother at all, she has little guidance except what she's experienced herself. Cold Snap and Spring Step try their best with her, but her negative attitudes often give them a tough time.

In her home in Clover River, her father would muse about the legacy they'd lost and how their fortune would dwindle away to nothing, leaving the children with nothing to their name. However, he also displayed no intentions of ever trying to change it, and her stepmother would use both Dia's father's ennui and her own disdain for the filly to manipulate her into relying on the family for anything she could need, thus effectively "owning" the child. Dia soon broke away and escaped to Maneville where her aunts lived.

Having grown up knowing nothing but disdain and disappointment in her life, she clings to her legacy as both a shield against criticisms of her path and also as a path to have, as she knows no others for her. Her aunts would attempt to suggest less controversial paths, such as farming or weather management or magical assistant, but these attempts would rarely progress beyond acknowledgement.

Deep down, friends are Diamond's most important treasure, but at the same time, she has a very difficult time making sacrifices for her friends, always having had to make sacrifices for the burdens of an uncaring blood family. Without friends, Diamond would be alone again, with only aunts that can't understand her desires and parents that refuse to make something more of themselves.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2017-12-08 at 12:59 AM.
    Morning Star

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Guess what character has his own character sheet now? In any case, Silver will be using Gray for his speech.

Anywho, about myself. I've been on these forums for at least seven years now, and have been watching pony since the very first season. I actually ended up watching the show because I had noticed that not only was there a dedicated pony thread on several forums I went to, but also that several of these threads were in their 10th rendition or had more than a hundred pages.

After I read that these threads were sprouting up because of a new tv show, I naturally had to check it out and see what the fuss was about myself. And because I liked the characters and humour after watching the first few episodes, I naturally had to continue watching. Which I have done to this day.

I actually have run a Roleplaying is Magic campaign on these forums as well, focused on mostly episodic slice of life adventures with a big focus on trying to feel like the show itself. Sadly, it's long over at this point, but I am still quite proud that it actually got a concrete solution, and was also the place where I got to know Derjuin. I actually met Igordragonian for the first time through her game, as I played in it with him for a long time.

As for my character, honestly I'm not sure what to say that I haven't already written down. He's actually a character I have played before, but which I brought back for this game since I greatly enjoyed him and figured his character makes a good fit nearly everywhere. Of course, there have been several changes to make him work better in this particular setting. The original Silver Lining, for instance, was a stage magician who had taken up his profession in an effort to emulate his grandfather.

Either way, however, he's kind, but outspoken and very straightforward pony. He's likely to go with his gut in a given situation, and will usually speak his mind if he encounters a situation he considers unjust. In a way, while he has more discipline and can help Cloudy stay in control of her feelings, he himself can use her help to stop getting himself into trouble when he gets too invested into taking sides and getting involved in other ponies' business.

The exception to all of that being, of course, his latent jealousy towards unicorns and the magic they wield. Silver himself is not even fully aware of this jealousy, and is likely to justify his dislike for them in other ways. Not that it's such a heavy issue for him that he'll instantly dislike any unicorn characters, of course. It's merely going to increase his dislike of the ones he already doesn't like, and also make him a bit more openly competitive to the ones he does like or feel ambivalent about. His grandfather excluded.

Speaking of his family, I've not actually had too many plans for them. There is Hypno Clock, of course, who I always imagined as a very calm, gentlemanly kind of person with a great amount of love for his family and his grandson in particular. He's the person who Silver got his firm sense of morality from, and probably also his generosity. In fact, while his drive and firmness are tempered with patience now, I imagine that in his youth Grandfather Clock was just as rough as Silver is now.

As for the rest of Silver's family, I imagined a rather large collection of farmers, mixed from all three of the pony races. They're cheerful and hard working ponies, who generally have taken the village's philosophy to heart. Perhaps even a bit too much so? (I dunno, just throwing out plot hooks here.) For Silver's parents, I'm thinking of the names Dust Trail for his pegasus father, and Early Bird for his earth pony mother. Mostly because I think the names fit his kind of family.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

ah. Hello.
    Ehh... I always loved Roleplays,. but my IRL friends were never into it, so I have roleplayed online mostly.
    At military I have dmed 2E D&D group in secret. Fun times.
    After military, I thought I go big and joined this forum.
    As you might have guessed- English isn't my mother language.

Working on opening. We might have sixth player, but it shouldn't be a problem to let him join.
    Prepare your robes- we soon starting an adventure!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

18. - Top - End - #18

Well, now you have me curious. What language is your native one?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Well, now you have me curious. What language is your native one?
    Nothing too exotic. Lol.
    Russian.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Posting on my end may have to wait until tomorrow. Just came down with a rather nasty cold, and I'm not in a good state of mind to do decent RP.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

reposting..... Boldly i might add.

Name: Sunset Meadow

Background: Sunset was born and raised on the Meadow estate a part of a family prided on being able to grow a plant nearly anywhere. The estate was located on the outskirts of Maneville, just a simple hours walk away. Unfortunately his foreponies genes for growing things had deserted him and usually kills any plant he is given. Things were tense when he finally started helping around the fields and while his father tried Sunset never really got good at growing crops.

When he was but a teenager of thirteen he was kicked out of the house. Those are his words on the matter and his parents have neither confirmed nor denied it. In fact they barely said anything about the matter being the quiet withdrawn people they were. They saw him whithering on the fields and sent him to the city to find something that he could be good at. So Sunset found himself as an apprentice to Ginger Grain at the local Inn in under a week.

Personality: honest to a fault, he does what he says he will do. This doesn't mean he doesn't fib about detail or even outright lie on occasion. Most readily forgive him when he does for even blind ponies see right through his lies. Little in life can make him happier than when he is baking pies and if in a good mood will even share freely with strangers.

Appearance; coal black mane and tail. His hide starts a deep dark red at the top and slowly shifts through various reds end in a vivid orange at his hoofs. Like all his family is powerfully built and sporting a heavy coat. His cutie mark is a pie with a bit of steam coming off it.

Special purpose: spreading the joys of baking and cider to all the land. Gained his cutie mark when he shared his pie with a quarreling couple. At his prodding they talked out their differences over a quiet meal.

Spoiler: the sheet
    Show
    Name: Sunset Meadow..... Age: 16..... Race: earth pony..... Gender: Male

Guiding Element: Honesty.

Fatal flaw: perfectionist. Everything must be perfect or good enough to fool him or he's not happy.

Body: 2, Mind: 1, heart: 2
    Fort: 30/30, Will: 20/20, Valor: 3

Edges
    The Earth Pony Way
    Special purpose
    Fluffy [5]
    Gifted [5] +1 heart
    Job proficiency (baker)[5]
    Resilience [5]
    Improved Resilience [10]

Last edited by Alcore; 2017-12-11 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Removing useless code

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Nothing too exotic. Lol.
    Russian.
    Ah-ha! I speak English (which is my native tongue) and German, though not very well. A lot of my family is from Germany/Austria, so it made sense to learn it.

On a sidenote, we seem to have a good number of fluffy ponies around here.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

A third paragraph is needed for Sunset's backstory i feel but i would like to ask a few questions first;

1. Just how bad is the famine in Maneville? It is implied to be a paradise by comparison with nearby lands.

2. Is the dinning hall a soup kitchen of sorts?

3. In the vary first post the narrator npc said "put to the sword" so how grim are we talking?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Ah-ha! I speak English (which is my native tongue) and German, though not very well. A lot of my family is from Germany/Austria, so it made sense to learn it.

On a sidenote, we seem to have a good number of fluffy ponies around here.
    I envision mine looking like a Skyrim hourse (pony)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Alcore View Post
    A third paragraph is needed for Sunset's backstory i feel but i would like to ask a few questions first;

1. Just how bad is the famine in Maneville? It is implied to be a paradise by comparison with nearby lands.

2. Is the dinning hall a soup kitchen of sorts?

3. In the vary first post the narrator npc said "put to the sword" so how grim are we talking?
    1. at Maneville Ponies don't starve to death.. fat ponies are very rare, if exist at all. Let's say that.
    2. Soup, or anything Mama Porridge wish to make, or the ingrdients that she has.
    3. changes. Think like old fashioned fantasy

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

I feel god aweful this weekend

I think I'll manage a post tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll be ghosting on you till tuesday (or my health returns).

As others have done I'll tell you a little about myself; started tabletop RPGs in late 2014 usually a variant of DnD. This will mark the first time in over a year of playing a rule light game.

As for mlp i can say i have yet to watch a whole episode. Back when i was growing up it was in it's most girly state. So instead i watched powerpuff girls, dexters lab, courage and samurai jack. Then I moved on to more manly things (including anime).

One day looking for a unicorn for a DnD game i saw her; Vinyl Scratch. Until i found this game system i had only admired the artwork but i found this system and dove into the world in it. I even discovered the nightmare fuel page on tv tropes. This Christmas I'll be getting season one.

Have you heard? Jack's back!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel god aweful this weekend
    Well, guess we share that misery. Been sick this whole week, still feeling kinda off-kilter.

Interesting to see we've got someone who's not yet really watched the show, though. You're heading for a pretty wild ride there. And it's cool that a decidedly non-canon setting like Igor's can attract someone like that.

By the way, Igor, Silver did totally take his cape outside with him. I'll still go along with what Honey is saying for now and say that he left it inside, but I just figured I should let you know.

28. - Top - End - #28

Indeed! Jack is back.

I'm terribly sorry, Igor, but I can't quite decipher 'sfroll' and I don't want to post in case that is something important that Lantern would comment on.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Theoboldi View Post
    Interesting to see we've got someone who's not yet really watched the show, though. You're heading for a pretty wild ride there. And it's cool that a decidedly non-canon setting like Igor's can attract someone like that.
    YouTube and tv tropes has been educational.

I'm not really seeing the wild ride as you do. Instead of human orcs and elves i have ponies with various appendages. And not being in canterlot would be a blessing as i don't know that place. We all have to learn this one.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not really seeing the wild ride as you do. Instead of human orcs and elves i have ponies with various appendages. And not being in canterlot would be a blessing as i don't know that place. We all have to learn this one.
    I was referring to the show itself, actually. It can be crazier than some of the fan creations at times.

As for this game, I'm looking forward to getting to know this setting better. I personally know how creative our GM can be at times.