The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony: The War Of Seasons OOC: Maneville's Dinning Hall

I dont want to annoy, but Anonmas?
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yes? Did I miss something?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

An update?

4. - Top - End - #244

No? I haven't missed that at all. There's just nothing for me to reply to. Whispering Light is so far out of it that does things aren't exactly going to do anything but make him sob.
    Last edited by anonomas321; 2018-07-25 at 02:39 PM.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Ah. Ok.
    So please, next time write in the OOc at least, so I would know.

Irl, I can just look at you, and you will nod.
    Here, I have only what ever you let me read, so you'l have to write
    "Nod" or something.

Then, I hope to work on new jpdate today.

6. - Top - End - #246

I did say earlier however, that until whispering light recovers, it's unlikely he's going to contribute to the story much

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Fair enough.
    I tried to uodate, but the computer kept crushing on me.
    Yay.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry to hear that, man. Computer troubles are no fun.

Any idea what the problem is?

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Probably my electro magnetic aura.
    But it still not scienctifcly confirmed.

Or maybe because I am moving, the universe decided I need more shoot to worry about.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Rolls!

Spoiler
    Show
    Heart for details! (2d6)[9]
    Mind to detect traps! (1d6)[4]
    Body to...do something else! (3d6)[9]

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Um.. you should roll 2d6

Also, I have opened roll thread. linked in the opening post

Ummm and also..I need to think of ooc activity
    Last edited by igordragonian; 2018-07-28 at 03:55 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252

Hmmmm... might make a reply this time. Don't wait on my through, its going to be a busy next few days.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

The Story of Courage The Paranoid Guard. (everyone can read it actually, I think, but Lantern more likely to remember it)

Spoiler
    Show

You remember a bit vaguly. It's actually a tale, your father didn't enjoyed to tell. He wasn't proud of it at all.
    But when few children kept throwing snow balls at him, when ever he went out and mocked him, he gathered them all, inculding you to tell Courage's tale.

He was a skillfull ranger, and when a band of foalnappers has kidnapped a little filly, he led the chase.
    But they had to stop, and the rested in a cabin. Windigoes came, making the guards fight each other, frozies hoarded around the cabin, and an Ice Knight watched from a far.

Courage has overpowered all the other guards, sending them galloping away away.
    They never found the lost filly, but they have survived.

Courage has returned after two years, but never the same pony.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey everyone! Just got back from my vacation. Had lots of fun, though today I've pretty much slept through the entire day due to jetlag. Will try and get back into things soon-ish.
    Always look for white text. Always.
    That's how you do it! Have a cookie!
    Quote Originally Posted by ezekielraiden View Post
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Good to have you back, hope you had even more fun than you said!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

Knock knock*
    Is somepony still here?

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

I am, I have been moving into an apartment, though, so not too chatty I'm afraid.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm certainly still here too. Been waiting on the others to do their things.
    You don't win people over by beating them with facts until they surrender; at best all you've got is a conversion under duress, and at worst you've actively made an enemy of your position.

You don't convince by proving someone wrong. You convince by showing them a better way to be right. The difference may seem subtle or semantic, but I assure you it matters a lot.

19. - Top - End - #259

Alright, sorry for the delay, but finally got around to posting!

.... Really hope this RP isn't dead.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. Wow. I was sure I had to give up on this. Hopefully, update tonight.
    (Moscow time zone*)

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

I would certainly love to keep going. Had been worried that the game was gone myself.

Sorry for the late reply by the by. My internet died recently and I had to take what few chances i had to write replies and PMs on mobile.

22. - Top - End - #262

Well that's two players at least, better than one. Why don't we give some of the others a quick PM, see if they're still interested? Would hate to lose the dynamic trio already!

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Iím still in. Gonna post tonight.

24. - Top - End - #264

Consistency. The eternal challenge...

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by anonomas321 View Post
    Consistency. The eternal challenge...
    I'm happy to see this game update, at least. I wanna keep the RP going to the point it hopefully speeds up a little, though I can't play out a scene on my own.

26. - Top - End - #266

Agreed. I need to put replying to this higher on my priority list by far.

27. - Top - End - #267

BardGuy

Hi! There seems to be an equal distribution of tribes so I thought I'd put forward a unicorn to the GM/players consideration?

Spoiler: Moonflower Memory
    Show

Name: Moonflower Memory Gender: Colt Tribe: Unicorn Age: 14

Cutie Mark: Stylized, pink blossoming moon vine wreath

Mane & Tail: Fashionably shaggy lob of soft violet hair Coat: Platinum Blonde

Element of Harmony: Honesty CXP: 30

Description: A sweet-faced youth of Maneville that always carries a presence of their own. Head always held high. With a posture carried by an effete poetry of movement wherever he trots that is typically reserved for only nobility so certain of their regal nature. Dressed as if always prepared for a show, and certain where that the limelight will fall upon. Slight of build and taller than most ponies his age gives the impression of gentry in their youth within a fair kinder world, as opposed to someone actually built to survive the cold of this one.

Outlook: It would be unfair to simply underwrite Moonflower as narcissistic, rather one might say that he believes the world and ponies in it should occupy a more neoplatonist stoicism of treating their participation in the world as first and foremost method acting. They are living lives with perfect scripts, already. They should invest themselves utterly in the play of their lives. Taking solace in the role they are delivered, the means to strength to find heroism and success, or meet failure with sublime grace, and achieving what he considers true beauty with the part that will immortalize them forever.

This is not to say he is callous about what happens to ponies. He often grounds himself in the joy and sadness of other ponies' stories. From which he holds them dear to heart, and seeks to bring it into his performances.

Goals: Above all else Moonflower seeks to be a thespian. As anypony, anywhere, with any crowd. And so he lives to create the perfect stage of their 'performance' not just for himself but for others, whether on set or not.

History: Moonflower was named after a legendary nightblossoming flower back in ages past when the world was warmer. Something that would bring colour and vibrancy in the dead of night under pale moonlight when all was otherwise resting and still. An only child, both of his parents operate a local trading charter company. Much to their disappoinment he has little room in his head for tax law and stocktaking, however.

From the earliest of ages showing a keen interest in costume design, cosmetology, theatrics and music. Theatre was the place where anypony could be heroic, beautiful, tragic and depraved. The idea of a pony selling so convincingly the pain of ancient princesses, their follies, and doing so as if merely a mask they wore once the curtain fell felt like the only real magic in the world.

While he quietly studies bookkeeping and trading with his mother, his free time and the stipend he gets from whatever tiny slice of the business operations he is responsible for goes almost entirely to paying a tutor who before retiring ran a performance troupe that toured the wintry lands of Gallopardia. Whatever else is spared is funneled into watching various performances.

Fatal Flaw: Histrionic. Moonflower treats life as a play, and him emulating the duels of ancient Princesses and mythical heroic ponies as if merely a script with a foreseeable conclusion in tandem with the stability of his parents' affluence has bred a level of softness that is wholly exploitable by the evils of the world.

Minor injuries are treated as life-threatening. Petty arguments are sensationalized. Personal rivalries whereby he is caught between he 'suffers' as if a Mercutio brought low betwixt the Montagues and Capulets.

Mind: 2 Body: 1 Heart: 3

Fortitude: 25 Willpower: 35 Valour: 4

Edges:

Special Purpose: To channel anypony, anywhere, for any crowd. Everypony is my muse!
    Paragon's Gift: +1 Heart
    Heroic Heart: +1 Valour
    Power of Knowledge (Acting)
    (Free) Telekinesis

Gifted (Heart + Mind) 10
    Wizardry 5
    Skill Training: Acting 5
    Job Proficiency: Acting 5
    Lead Pony 5

Possessions:

Walk-in wardrobe
    Cosmetics travel case
    Journal packed full of famous actor's signatures along with some cameos of their likenesses.
    Blunt (faux pointed) stage longsword
    Jewelry box
    A trader's precision scales and weights
    Bolts of fabric
    Sewing kit

Last edited by Schismatic; 2018-09-23 at 04:33 AM. Reason: Changed Musical Number to Lead Pony as that fits best with their outlook and behaviour...

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ettin in the Playground

Huzzah! The game continues! And...hello, new person?

29. - Top - End - #269

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Miltonian View Post
    Huzzah! The game continues! And...hello, new person?
    Hiyas! hopefully a new person to the group. I figured if we're going Medieval with it I'd make a theatre drama queen... see if no one has a problem with the build at all?
    Last edited by Schismatic; 2018-09-21 at 09:10 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

DrowGuy

Hey all! Well, I already know half of you guys, but still

I discussed with Igor and he approved me to join a little while ago (Aegis)...I wasn't really sure when to jump in though, so I didn't actually post to the OOC thread until now ^^;

I figured this was as good a time as any, so I look forward to playing with you all!

Constructive criticism? Comments? Smart remarks?

EDIT: oh hey Schismatic! Fancy meeting you here XD

You have a gift for thinking up fun character concepts, I must say! Moonflower Memory is quite interesting, and I love his Fatal Flaw--and the way you wove his overly-dramatic style and poetic affectation into your descriptive prose is very nice!
    Last edited by The_Iron_Lord; 2018-09-21 at 09:28 PM. Reason: whoops there's another person XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    English is actually a very precise language in a lot of ways, and American English in particular has a habit of following other languages down back alleys, clubbing them over the head, and rifling through their lexicons that I think is very healthy for its evolution.
    My extended signature!

My PbP info

78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% who didn't, copy/paste this into your sig.
    Mine started in the battle arena of the capital city