New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default King Asgore's Court [IC]

You step out into the light, blinking as the sun hits your eyes. It's been a long time-possibly the first time-you've seen light this bright. As your eyes adjust, you see King Asgore standing outside, facing in towards the mountain. Isn't it beautiful? he says, gesturing out to the vast expanse beyond him. There are green fields and leafy trees, dotted with flowers, all expanding out below the mountain.

Take your time. I want you to appreciate what we've been blessed with today, he adds. Let me know when you're ready.
    Last edited by JNAProductions; 2017-12-07 at 11:54 AM.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: King Asgore's Court [I C]

RG-03 stands behind everyone, leaving the coven that separated both worlds long enough behind him. His eyes almost blinded by the light, he focussed the familiar sight of King Asgore. Staring at the scene, the king and his fellow guardsman Justin. He always had a thing for furry monsters, but it was never more apparent than now. He stares at both enjoying the sunlight.Uuuuuuh, yeah. Beautiful world, great....muscles. Umph, I mean meadows.

Brad blushes through his black armor.

3. - Top - End - #3

Default Re: King Asgore's Court [IC]

Asgore lets out a laugh, a booming, hearty sound, full of mirth and joy. I suppose the overworld isn't everyone's idea of beauty, but to each their own. I, for one, am gladdened by this sight.

Show
    Show

Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    One post in and we already have potential for a romantic subplot between two party members.

Spoiler
    Show
    This is going to be fun, I can tell

Justin moves forward, almost next to Asgore, but staying respectfully behind him. He stretches and takes a deep breath, tilting his head until a nigh-inaudible pop is followed by a deep sigh. The grey-furred minotaur rolls his neck and grins, eyes closed as he continues to take in the smell of the outside world. His nostrils flare slightly, and he snorts gently as he feels the prickling of a sneeze coming on, fortunately able to catch it before it forced him to disturb the serenity of the moment. "It smells nice too. I mean, the air at home is nice too but this is ..." He pauses for several moments as he tries to find an appropriate word to describe the idea. He eventually shrugs casually and simply says, "Different." His arms cross over his chest as he continues to survey the expanse, drinking in all the unusual sights and sounds. "A bit warm, innit?" he asks, unused to having the sun warming his fur. It wasn't uncomfortable, or even any warmer than what he had experienced underground, but the distinction was enough that his mind insisted that something was up.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Trusting in his armor to hide his emotions, Brad steps closer. He even smells nice. he thinks by himself. Yes, though not as fierce as Hotland. Nice even... Brad sighs. Will you think the humans will accept us this time?

He stands side by side with Asgore and Justin. Enamored and enarmored he wished this moment would never cease. The warmth of the sun, the Minotaur's fur brushing against his armor, the king, his idol and ruler finally at peace with himself. The air filled with birds and butterflies. Or is this that Pixie again? He could go for a spider donut right now but Parker was nowhere to be found. This might sound weird but maybe we have time for a picnic?

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

"YeeeeeeeeeeeAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

The group could have heard Eladriel approaching from a mile away. She shot between Brad and the king, narrowly missing his head. She continued by in a series of increasingly dizzying loops before returning to Brad. Zipping around his head a few times, she finally alights on his forehead, legs dangling between his eyes.

"Oh come ON, Brad! Enjoy yourself! It's sunny! There's grass! There's trees! There's blue sky! And I can FLY!"

She twirls around in the air once more before diving into the grass and weaving between the minotaur's legs.

"It's been AGES since I've flown through a meadow! YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
    Last edited by puzzler7; 2017-12-07 at 04:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualViking View Post
    Level 20 monstrous tristalt? No thanks, I already have a full-time job.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Brad follows the Pixie's flight and watches careless demeanor. You know the humans imprisoned us because they think we want to kill them, right? Maybe be careful? He tries to catch the small thing, being entirely too slow. They might catch you and He slams both iron gauntlets together and creates a clanking sound *squish* you're mush.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

"No one's around. Let El have her fun."

The green-tinted spider-person isn't far behind the manic pixie, despite coming on foot and wearing an old winter coat. It would be way too much for this weather were it not for the big holes in the seams that accommodate most of Parker's arms.

Parker squints up at the big orb in the sky for a moment, then recoils and opens two eyes to make up for the ones that were just blinded. "Uh. I don't know if my vision's adjusting right."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-12-07 at 06:22 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

She should be careful, Parker. the dragon says without looking at the spider. You do not know who lurks out there. Remember this kid with the pistol that went *pop* and the cowboy hat? Killed several good guardsmen before going down. Brad visibly shudders at the thought. They are merciless killers. We have to be careful. They killed the prin... Brad pauses and looks at the king. I am sorry. How do you think we should proceed?

Spoiler
    Show
    While I feel a bit of RP couldn't hurt to learn more about the characters I want the option to start. =)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Parker blinks a few times trying to focus on Brad. "Geez. I don't remember any of that. It must've been before I joined. Sorry."

Despite the apology, the spider seems to remain with Eladriel on Team Goofing Around and runs two hands through some of the local flora. Some of them even have inviting red berries. Interesting. They're probably poisonous. Eh. I'll pick some anyway.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-12-08 at 12:47 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by puzzler7 View Post
    She twirls around in the air once more before diving into the grass and weaving between the minotaur's legs.

"It's been AGES since I've flown through a meadow! YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
    Justin keeps still as the pixie flits between his legs, snorting in amusement as Eladriel's wings make just enough wind to create a gentle breeze against the fur on his legs.

He stays quiet as Brad and Eladriel discuss the humans and how dangerous they were. He'd heard the same stories as everyone else, how the humans had driven the monsters all the way to the Underground only to seal them in with the magic seal which had recently been broken. Asgore figgered a way out after all, he mused, causing a smile to spread on his face. He offers as much advice as he can muster, feeling his heart swell slightly, just as it did every time when he thought about what it meant to be part of the Royal Guard. "If they try to stop us by force, and they're really that powerful, then it's our job to make sure we're the ones who get stopped, and not King Flu-" He nearly chokes on his words as he realizes Asgore is still among them, having nearly defaulted to the nickname Asgore had earned himself after one particularly embarassing speech. "And not the King." For Justin, sacrifice was the ultimate form of duty he could display for his king and fellow monsters. Time in this new world would only tell if he would be able to hold onto that belief, however.

He adjusts the simple belt holding up his cargo shorts and exhales another long breath. He took one last look over the scenery ahead of them before stepping back and grabbing his shield from where he had left it on the ground only a few moments before, sensing that the picturesque moment wasn't the only thing on their itinerary today.

12. - Top - End - #12

As King Fluffybuns, Asgore says, chuckling, I decree that we do indeed have time for a picnic. Come on-let's go down the mountain and sit in the meadows for it.

As you all walk down the mountain, Asgore in the front, he motions Justin forward a bit. Justin, you should know I don't mind that name. If everything can be peaceful enough that the ruler of a grand and lovely people can be known as Fluffybuns? The world is in a good place, I think. That being said, he says a bit louder, addressing everyone, I expect you to NOT use any of my nicknames while we're meeting with the surface people. Respect is a valuable commodity, and easily lost sometimes.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Do you guys want to roleplay out the picnic, or are we good to move ahead?

Show
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Justin relaxes slightly at hearing the wise king chuckle and using the title himself, feeling the blood in his cheeks flow away back to other places now that nervous blushing didn't need to occur. At Asgore's request to use his formal titles when meeting with the others, Justin gives a quick salute without breaking stride and answers, "As you command, King Asgore."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm comfortable either way. The picnic scene could serve as more exposition as to what our first objective might be, but I wouldn't be against moving on either.

14. - Top - End - #14

Eladriel continues whirling about while the dragonborn drones on about safety and caution.

"It's a shame humans can't fly. They might have more fun. But like Parker says: No one's here. Besides, who could catch ME?"

She pauses midflight as the king speaks.

"A picnic? That's a GREAT idea! Let's goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!"

Show
    I'm for moving ahead, but I won't mind the picnic.

For El's background, I'll play her as a ~250 year old ageless creature, if that's good with everybody. That is to say, she doesn't get older, and doesn't get wiser, but she remembers the surface.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Are you sure? The meadow is a tactical disadvantage. I would not feel at ease removing my armor there. Conflicted between his thoughts of servitude and his rampant emotions Brad walks silently after Asgore's lead. Only the clanking of his armor is audible. Then, finally he confesses: Maybe a short one. I am sure we haven't come for sightseeing but for diplomatic reasons. Brad removes his helmet and smiles. Your fluffyness? After you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Justin topless? I need to know this for ... reasons.

Also I feel a short picnic could add to the tranquil atmosphere. Maybe JNA makes a post about the location, then everyone gets a single post on how they interact in said timeframe, then we are off.

16. - Top - End - #16

So it's decided! Asgore says.

You all descend to the fields and meadows. A small copse of trees stands in the distance, a few bearing round, bright red apples. In the meadow, as you lay on the grass and share a meal, flowers sway gently too and fro. The sun shines brightly, steadily moving its way past the midday mark and descending. It's maybe four o' clock, though admittedly, telling time based on the sun is not a skill any of you have much practice in.

As you eat, Asgore does take to talking more serious matters. I've had some of my magicians do divining rituals since the barrier has been down. Our home seems to comprise a border between three separate city-states. The one we're currently heading for is called Indos, and is ruled by a king. Unfortunately, that's about all we know at the moment.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Parker agrees to the picnic plan with a simple nod and raises an arm as an eye-shade before treading onward. The grass and dirt are amazing, and the gentle breeze is nice, but that bright light is going to take some getting used to. Once Asgore points out the picnic location, Parker quickly claims a spot in the shade before sitting down.

As everyone gets settled, a dozen spider donuts are added to the center of the scene for sharing purposes. They taste like spiders, which are obviously delicious and only a liar could possibly say otherwise.

"So. Once we get to Indos I guess the plan is to find someone and hope they take us to their leader. Let Asgore do the talking while we stand around looking mostly competent and hopefully no one wants to fight us. Right? Sounds easy enough."

18. - Top - End - #18

As the group settles, Eladriel eagerly claims an apple. It's an odd sight to see the pixie wrestling with and taking bites out of a fruit the size of her torso, but she manages. Between mouthfuls, she asks about the surrounding area.

"I guess we should go find out about it, then. What about the other kingdoms?"

She flits into the center to snag a spider donut, then returns to her apple, resuming the questioning.

"And what about - *mm, erm, cough* - these are - these are interesting..."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

After checking the perimeter for traps, scouts and the sort, Brad removes his chestpiece with the help of Justin. The dragon chooses a spot in direct sunlight on a stone. If any where familiar with surface biology you would be reminded of cold-blooded lizards in the summer, using the sun's warmth to raise their body temperature.

For the time he is happy, smiling at Justin and laughing all the more.

After a longer than expected break enjoying the sun alone, Brad adds in a droning timbre: Parker if I may suggest a bit more strategic advantage. The people have forgotten what monsters look like. Maybe you can sneak in and keep and eye out for traps or danger. We are the elite guard of the king and we are not to be toyed with. But I have heard of legends of old where a small band of kobolds has warded of a similar group of powerful humans with just traps and crossbows and the sort. Tactical advantage is nothing to be laughed at. They could butcher us. Having somewhat ruined the mood with eventualities, RG-03 picks up his torso piece and asks Justin to help him into it, intentionally fumbling around to feel Justin's warm hands on his backscales a bit longer.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    It has been quite a while since I've been asked about a character's specific wardrobe.

After helping Brad out of his armor, Justin sits back and grabs one of the spider donuts. Their bake sales were often heralded by the phrase, 'by spiders, for spiders, of spiders', but Justin was far from a picky eater. He takes polite bites from the donut, listening to the others until he finds a moment to speak. "Indos... You know, if you move the letters around and change a couple, you get Snowdin. Think it'll be anything like that?" He wipes a few stray crumbs from the blue t-shirt he often wore, which he had found while sifting through Waterfall. Whoever it had belonged to before must have had an impressive physique, because it actually fit Justin, albeit a bit tightly around the shoulders. It was decorated with a simple patch, a physically impressive looking humanoid flexing one arm, with the words 'No Pain, No Gain' underneath the design. Justin had modified the design slightly, adding several monster-features to the posing figure, finding the simple mantra something he could easily relate to.

When Brad asks him to help him back into his armor, Justin initially only snorts, amused. "This is why I don't wear armor," he teases, standing up slowly to move towards his draconic companion. "All this putting it on, taking it off again, putting it on again. Such a hassle." Nevertheless, he offers his assistance, moving to sit behind Brad. His fingers are a bit clumsy with the straps, not really accustomed to donning and doffing armor.

21. - Top - End - #21

One can only hope, Asgore says in response to Justin's comments about Indos and Snowdin.

The picnic continues, with conversations drifting away from more serious matters. Jokes are made, laughs are shared, and you're all feeling quite optimistic by the end of it. A few minutes of prep and clean-up occur, and you set off for Indos, which Asgore informs you is some three days away.

Near the end of the day, with the sun a glorious mixture of reds and yellows, purples and blues, you begin to set up camp for the night. However, the ground rumbles slightly-something seems amiss.

Show
    (1d20)[2]
    (1d20)[7]

Spoiler: Perception DC Equal To The Higher Roll
    Show
    The rumbles seem centered east of you, and are coming closer.

Show
    Show

Show

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Justin turns his head away from the mess of strings and lashings that kept his bedroll secured on his backpack as the rumblings start to get closer. He reaches for his shield and his flail and asks simply, "We expecting visitors, your Highness? Seems like we're about to get some."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

With the sudden stress of combat Brad's nature completely changes. He isn't the shy and modest guy but bossy to the point where he starts to even see Asgore as his equal, giving him orders.

It's coming from the east. We go into the gkg defense formation, Justin. Parker? Check the noise. Silently. Eladriel? Take the skies and tell me what you see. He picks up his glaive and adjusts his armor. He then offers the king a small platinum ring. I have a ward spell prepared. If you want?

Spoiler
    Show
    If Asgore accepts I'll cast Warding Bond onto him. He has +1 AC then, and I take half of his damage.

24. - Top - End - #24

I feel it too... he says. Have your weapons at the ready, but do your best to appear non-hostile as well. I won't stand for any of my subjects being hurt, but on the off-chance this isn't a threat, I don't want to scare it.

You obey, holding yourselves ready without undue threatening nature. The rumbles approach, until they're almost right beneath you. You can see small divets and furrows in the ground where it cracks and opens. Then, suddenly, you feel a rush upwards, the ground splitting beneath you, as something charges from below!

Show
    Everyone, roll initiative. (Actually, I'll roll for you, to save time.) The enemy's init is (1d20)[16].

If you beat it, you can ready an action to attack or something the moment it clears the ground. If you don't you'll have to wait.

Init for:
    Eladriel: (1d20+4)[23]
    Parker: (1d20+4)[22]
    Justin: (1d20+2)[21]
    Brad: (1d20)[8]

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Justin braces for impact, placing his flail back in its holster and eyeing the spot the earth seems to be parting. When whatever it is surfaces, he will attempt to catch it and force it as gently as he can to the ground. That counts as non-hostile, right?

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's ready a shove for when the thing appears, with the intent to knock it prone if Eladriel or Parker haven't already restrained it somehow.

Athletics: (1d20+6)[9]

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Parker has a good time just sitting on the soft ground and asking Eladriel how the Surface Apple tasting is going. Tart and Juicy. Huh. I wonder what you could make if you baked something like that. Maybe some kind of quiche.

The spider listens calmly as rumbling earth-creature approaches from below. "Huh. I've never heard of a burrowing human before. Is that a thing?"

Knowing that they can draw a weapon at any time in a pinch, the only action Parker readies is to withdraw from the creature without getting tackled. Monsters start accidental fights like this all the time, but it's obviously more dangerous when a human's involved.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-12-09 at 05:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27

Spoiler: Shove Resistance
    Show
    (1d20+4)[19]

From the ground, a massive, heavily armored beast, shaped like a bullet, rises up. It has a snapping jaw, that it focuses on Justin.

Spoiler: If It Resisted The Shove
    Show
    Justin's weak attempt to knock the beast prone fails, and it bites into him!

(1d20+7)[26]
    (4d12+4)[33]

Spoiler: If It Did Not Resist The Shove
    Show
    Justin, somehow, manages to knock the beast over as it comes up from the ground. It still tries snapping at him, but from its bad position, it does so much less effectively.

(1d20+7)[24] Disadvantage-use the earlier roll for damage and initial attack roll.

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

YOU WILL NOT HURT MY FRIEND! Brad growls in a lower tone with a determined face. Soon a flurry of stabs, turns and blunt hits lands upon the enemy. The dragonborn moves so quickly and each hit leaves a small glowing bruise or cut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Divine Favor
    Attack 1 (slash): (1d20+6)[23]
    Damage 1 (slash):(1d10+3)[10]
    Divine Favor 1 (radiant):(1d4)[1]
    Attack 2 (slash): (1d20+6)[24]
    Damage 2 (slash):(1d10+3)[11]
    Divine Favor 2 (radiant):(1d4)[1]

After the onslaught Brad retreats behind the tip of his glaive, waiting for any attacks or other movement.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

All four of Parker's eyes open up in surprise. "Jegus. Okay then."

The spider zips around to flank the wild humanbeast or whatever it's called. One hand quickly yanks the rapier from its scabbard and passes it to Parker's main hand, which in turn jabs the weapon right at one of the land-shark's gross watery eye-sockets.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move: get back into melee with the bulette

Cunning Action: Draw the rapier

Attack: Sneak attack.

(1d20)[9]+7 vs. AC

(4d6)[15]+4 damage on a hit

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Justin finds himself trying to stick his hand straight into some raging beast's snapping jaws. Too slow to pull back, he gives the beast a bash on the snout with his shield in order to free his injured arm. He shakes his stinging hand for a moment before drawing his flail. "Well then, if you're not gonna play nice," he growls, whirling the flail to prepare for a strike. His body seems to crackle with an otherworldly intensity as he embraces the challenge placed before him. "Then neither will I!" he exclaims, bringing down the bludgeoning ball towards the attacking creature.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bonus action to Rage; Activating Divine Fury
    Attack; (1d20+6)[9] for (1d8+5)[10] bludgeoning
    Attack; (1d20+6)[18] for (1d8+5)[11] bludgeoning
    Divine Fury; (1d6+2)[7] radiant

EDIT; ... Three 3s in a row. Apparently I should have bought lottery tickets.
    Last edited by WhismurWanders; 2017-12-10 at 06:15 PM.