New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,476 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Hearthstone 21: We DO take candle!

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Eh. There's a lot of decks with little to no counterplay. All the quests and Rin off the top.
    All the usable quests--even if you can't block the quest progression itself, you can usually play around what's being done with the quest if it's not a near-solitaire game like Quest Rogue. Paladin and Hunter quests are severely dampened by board pressure (Galvadon can't charge, so it needs the Paladin to have enough board to keep a clear path to Face open for lethal; Carnassa's brood is vulnerable to board clears especially without Tundra Rhino and don't reliably chain into each other indefinitely). Warlock quest is its own counter in that random discards frequently force inferior play and deckbuilding decisions.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Spamalot in the Playground

Questlock also lost Malchezaar Imp and Silverware Golem. Add that to legendaries like Lana'thel and Zavas that are, let's face it, unplayable outside of this deck and you have a recipe for mediocrity at best.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Three build-a-deck Brawls in a row now, annoying. I don't want to spend time making my Brawl decks.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Three build-a-deck Brawls in a row now, annoying. I don't want to spend time making my Brawl decks.
    Generally far preferable to what we usually get ("here's a deck of random cards, have 'fun'!"). Though in this week's case I make an exception to that, since this one just leads to some degenerate nonsense that ends the game by turn 2. Talk about boring...
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Generally far preferable to what we usually get ("here's a deck of random cards, have 'fun'!"). Though in this week's case I make an exception to that, since this one just leads to some degenerate nonsense that ends the game by turn 2. Talk about boring...
    Yeah pretty much. I went onto reddit, copied the first deck code I saw. Found myself playing druid with UI in my opening hand. 30 seconds later my opponent concedes. Easy pack, but not super engaging.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis