New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Hearthstone 21: We DO take candle!

Had the reduce cost to 5 upgrade and got nothing above a 5

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Happened to me too, that was an awful run...

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Up to 7 of 9 now, after a very near thing against Xol. Had permastealth, so Xol couldn't trade into my stuff, and dropped down to 6 health remaining before I managed to stabilise with a flood of jades (and Xol only getting random removal 3 times). Dropped to 2 from a Soulfire, but then managed to dodge the other soulfire and the other doomguard for two turns to pull off the win.

Last 3 games of this run were actually pretty brutal. Had upgraded Hamm, Upgraded Mogark AND Xol. Xol remains the cheatiest.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

up to 6 now

beat with warrior..wax elemental with double deathrattle makes sooo many fights rather trivial

7th boss was lava chamber so wax elemental train got rolling early
    and final boss was easy mode dragon

lock, hunter, and rog still to go
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

5. - Top - End - #185
    Bugbear in the Playground

Good thing about Idol Brawl: Druid card quest.
    Bad thing about Idol Brawl: Game went into fatigue, with opponent roping a lot.
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

just started a warlock dungeon run

treasure offerings are:
    +3 spell damage--no
    double health
    or justicar ring

thoughts?
    tough to choose between em when I'm this tired so I think I will hit the rack and get some input from here
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

full size avatar

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    just started a warlock dungeon run

treasure offerings are:
    +3 spell damage--no
    double health
    or justicar ring

thoughts?
    tough to choose between em when I'm this tired so I think I will hit the rack and get some input from here
    My successful dungeon rum with Warlock involved two double health upgrades, a bunch of demons, and 3 death knoght Gul'dan.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'll second the health bump. A lot of higher bosses can force you to eat damage until you can stabilize, which can be nigh impossible without bonus health.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Spamalot in the Playground

Mine actually involved the spell damage buff. I haven't been able to play it too much though due to family stuff so I may have gotten lucky that run.

The times I won though involved the two free card draw treasure, and I really like the 5-mana scepter as well. And Wax Rager is OP as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

thnx for input..was leaning toward bonus hp and now am convinced

and yeah waxxy is fun...until you run into Kakashi(the one that copies minions) or the Darkness
    -------
    well...that didn't last long.....
    ran into Trogg and drew every single spell I had before getting a single minion(other than flame imp)
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2017-12-28 at 08:03 PM.

full size avatar

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Faced the Trogg and drew into Unstable Evolution after he played Millhouse. Shenanigans ensued.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    Faced the Trogg and drew into Unstable Evolution after he played Millhouse. Shenanigans ensued.
    I had that with my Priest run and Lyra Sunshard. It was hilarity incarnate, though I did end up filling my hand with removal spells I couldn't use because I ran out of targets to cast them on before I could mill his entire deck.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Well, it's over now. 9/9, 35 bosses defeated with Warrior. Second to last run I lost to the darkness while he was fatiguing, but my final run started with Captured Flag and I got a decent hybrid "Berserker" and "Pirates". Picked 4 patches, and then ran into Azari as the final boss so I just rushed him down over the course of 6 turns.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

next lock run i pulled a win with stealth/double battlecry/highlander/C'Thun

final boss was(again) the Darkness

tough start but an early double cry Kazakus helped...followed by the treasure that changed minions in my hand(Jaraxxus and the 9-cost that summons all demons from hand if highlander)on turn 5..took mostly 5 cost spells..i was able to stabilize between gaining armor/polymorphing darknesses/summoning 5/5 demons

got a wish off while at 13 health and after eating psychic scream twice i was finally able to get my board built up and steamrollered him down..even finished the game with one candle still in hand

hunter and rog still to go
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2017-12-29 at 05:33 AM.

full size avatar

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I put the Tribble Feral Gibberer in my quest rogue deck. It is phenomenal.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    I put the Tribble Feral Gibberer in my quest rogue deck. It is phenomenal.
    Do you drop it on T1, or T2 after a T1 Quest?

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Do you drop it on T1, or T2 after a T1 Quest?
    If I have the coin and a bounce in my hand, T1. Otherwise It's probably a T3 drop when I have Bilefin or a Novice Engineer. I don't want to risk it. before it gets a chance to attack and I want to always keep 1 in my hand.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

well, i am willing to say jade druid is dead as a viable deck for laddering

just went 15 losses in a row with it...to every variety of deck

full size avatar

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    and yeah waxxy is fun...until you run into Kakashi(the one that copies minions) or the Darkness
    You mean Waxmancer? Yeah she's a pain with it, but I also had double deathrattle that run so I ended up rushing her down when she insisted on trading.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

I like this expansion. Picked up Hearthstone last year and immediately lost interest to the usual CCG pay-to-win bull**** I have little patience for. But the game itself is fun, so came back to check out single player content and I'm loving it.

Currently beat Rogue and Druid dungeon runs. The former was a horrible stomp. Double Deathrattles + Jade Swarmer + Carnivorous Devourer (with Wax Rager as backup) meant I usually won by turn 6, handily.

I keep getting close with Hunter and Warrior but losing a 7/8 or boss. Paladin and Priest give me no love, and Warlock I can't find a good build for. Mage makes me sad because every time I play mage I immediately face Brandlemar and Gutmook in succession. I either end up with a magic build and wiping, or trying to pick up some minions and eating **** on a later boss due to lack of synergy. Bad day.

Keep hearing there are 5 bosses but have only ever encountered Azari. Is it random or based on what kind of deck you have or something?

Great expansion though.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2018-01-01 at 06:09 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

From what I'm feeling, its random with a bias based on what class you are/what things you pick.

So far I've encountered three of the bosses.

There are also many rare mini-bosses along the way, some honestly a reward if you know what you are doing, some are a real punishment to run into.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

I got my first loss to the Darkness as mage. Deck of Wonders played Explore Ungoro, and then I was sad. Still almost won, but I never got offered any AOE and the darkness mind controlled the good cards I did get. This after a loss to Candlebeard where I had picked the permastealth option.

EDIT: having the Mysterious Tome generate Counterspell vs Thaddock the Thief is hilarious.

EDIT: And we won that run, after a very close thing against upgraded Pathmaker. Penultimate boss was the Mothergloop, which I had never seen before and which I proceeded to snowball my way to victory against. Final boss was Azari, who it turns out is easy mode when you mirror entity his flame imp, amulet of domination his pit lord, and have permastealth to continuously smash face. The only AOE I saw from him was the dreadlord, which didn't do enough, and Demonwrath, which didn't kill the demons I stole.

Final tally for mage, 55 bosses defeated. Just Shaman left to go.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2018-01-02 at 03:36 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

I'm trying a Dungeon Run "challenge" where I try to finish all classes without the stealth buff. "Ironman" seems excessive, so I might call it Glassman or Smokeman.

So far so good, only Rogue is causing a bit of a trouble, but I think it is doable with double deathrattle Jade Rogue.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

I've found the Cloak of Invisibility to be a harsh double edged sword against a few bosses anyway, so deliberately going without it isn't a HUGE hit. It's great for some characters/builds but not being able to use Taunts means if your rhythm gets ****ed by something weird (like Brawl, or Voodoomaster Vex's Clown Fiesta no Jutsu) it can be hard to get your footing back.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2018-01-02 at 01:36 PM.

25. - Top - End - #205

Yeah I dislike the cloak too. Even if you're running aggro, not having taunts can be a big deal when you're up against enemies packing 40+ health and you need to survive long enough to get to your bombs. It does let you trade on your terms and it's not the worst treasure out there, but i generally have one I prefer over it when it does show.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that's 9/9 for dungeon runs. Just had a Shaman run that went about as well as it's possible to go. Offered a ton of jades and the double battlecry passive, and then the captured flag. Jade claws summoning a 2/2 and 3/3 is stupid. Managed to get past the ridiculous early board of Chronomancer Inara, and then finally hit Vustrasz the Ancient. Easy mode final boss is easy mode.

Final tally, bosses defeated per class before completing one run:
    Warrior: 8
    Shaman: 29
    Rogue: 14
    Paladin: 17
    Hunter: 15
    Druid: 8
    Warlock: 20
    Mage: 55
    Priest: 8

Of all of them, I only had real trouble with mage and Shaman. Funny enough, everyone says Warrior is hard, but that's one of the few I managed first try.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

Rod of Roasting is clearly a skill testing card. I was against Togwaddle but only at 40 health to his 47; Pyroblast got him down to 7 and me to 30... and then 3 consecutive pyroblasts to my face :( I could have played it a turn earlier when it was a true coinflip. Most annoying part was that it's Warrior and I've been struggling with Warrior. Previous run with Warrior I was one weapon swing away from lethal and he had Ysera Awakens for perfect lethal =P

Rogue was easy once I got offered Jade 6 out of 7 bundles and had 6 Jade Spirits, 4 Ayas, 4 Swarmers and double deathrattle.

My wife had a full-on Raza, Anduin, Kazakus, Reno deck. Against the last treasure dragon boss, Reno was in her bottom 2 cards, but we managed to fill our hands with Kazakus and kept getting 1 mana spells with armor to keep us alive and to kill off any minions he played. It was among the most epic games of Hearthstone we ever played. The previous game was against Gloop and Anduin killed off a combined 70+ stats worth of minions.

Then there's stupid runs like her Warlock run where she had 4 Mal'ganis and perma-stealth. Against the final boss (Beholder) her opening hand was Boots of Haste, 2 Mal'Ganis and an Argus... That game did not last long.

Edit: Got my Warrior win. Got synergistic treasures and picks: 5 mana minions + a boat load of legendaries + Boots of Haste (opening hand in 3 straight games) + Perma-Stealth against the Darkness final boss = easy win.

I was so mad that I lost another Warrior one where I went the Grimy Goons route: every card I picked was a hand-buff card + two +1/+1 treasures; the closest that Warrior can get to Jade. Then against Togwaddle, he got the poisonous weapon, cleared every minion I played and dropped a 9/12 from a minion + 2 hilts =P
    Last edited by Joran; 2018-01-03 at 01:50 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Yeah I dislike the cloak too. Even if you're running aggro, not having taunts can be a big deal when you're up against enemies packing 40+ health and you need to survive long enough to get to your bombs. It does let you trade on your terms and it's not the worst treasure out there, but i generally have one I prefer over it when it does show.
    That said, it's not all bad. Just beat my Hunter run with it after some close calls. Nearly wiped on 7/8 Blackspore or whatever (the one that evolves his minions) but a lucky Discover of Ghaz'rilla let me beat him with 4 HP left by oneshotting blasting with a 64 damage monster that had Windfury from an Adapt minion.

Vustrasz is baby mode boss. Hardest part was sobbing at my never-to-be-sated curiosity over "WHAT'S IN THE BOX?"

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I've found the Cloak of Invisibility to be a harsh double edged sword against a few bosses anyway, so deliberately going without it isn't a HUGE hit. It's great for some characters/builds but not being able to use Taunts means if your rhythm gets ****ed by something weird (like Brawl, or Voodoomaster Vex's Clown Fiesta no Jutsu) it can be hard to get your footing back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Yep, against improved Candlebeard, perma-stealth can almost be an auto-lose. Otherwise though, it can turn a whole run into a cakewalk, especially with the double health buff.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Firbolg in the Playground

I am so sick of Keleseth right now. I decided to try climbing some, and at rank 17 I have seen turn 2 keleseth 6 times in the last 4 games, with two of those games being against priests!
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?