New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 21: We DO take candle!

I'm sick of mages and priests in general really. one just keeps healing forever, the other constantly says NO to everything I throw out as well as the stupid infinite fireball combo. I'm chugging along get to 20th rank on my Death knight Warrior and Quest Warrior decks, but I feel as if I need to get something better or more updated at some point.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Blizzard is giving out 3 packs to every player for Daily Quest issues. Log in to get the link or just click here.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/hear...ic/20760816674
    Last edited by Rocks_Fall; 2018-01-04 at 09:07 PM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    I'm sick of mages and priests in general really. one just keeps healing forever, the other constantly says NO to everything I throw out as well as the stupid infinite fireball combo. I'm chugging along get to 20th rank on my Death knight Warrior and Quest Warrior decks, but I feel as if I need to get something better or more updated at some point.
    You complain about reactive decks and Exodia Mage, yet you play the very very both of these decks (almost hard-) counter?

I don't get you honestly. Also , half the battle against a Priest is knowing their options and roughly what they have in hand (more reactive? more proactive? do they have enough dragons to play tempo? which deck are they? big spells? dragon? tempo? razakus?)

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    You complain about reactive decks and Exodia Mage, yet you play the very very both of these decks (almost hard-) counter?
    Wait they are!? I didn't know that! I need to research my warrior decks more, see if I'm missing any cards....

Edit: I did notice that my Quest Warrior deck is oddly effective on mages though....
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2018-01-05 at 12:32 AM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

5. - Top - End - #215
    Titan in the Playground

Edit: I did notice that my Quest Warrior deck is oddly effective on mages though....
    I mean if you play dirty rat chances are you can ruin the combo.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Finally got 500 ranked wins on my Shaman. It only took me...two years (downloaded the game on 4th November, 2015).

Wow, I was really taking my time on that one.

In my defense, Shaman's not that meta right now, and I kind of drifted off during the apex days of Midrange Shaman. I mean you can always put up a decent aggro/board flooding game, but others can do it better and others still can counter it hard.

Glowy, glowy Thrall.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Finally got 500 ranked wins on my Shaman. It only took me...two years (downloaded the game on 4th November, 2015).

In my defense, Shaman's not that meta right now, and I kind of drifted off during the apex days of Midrange Shaman. I mean you can always put up a decent aggro/board flooding game, but others can do it better and others still can counter it hard.

Glowy, glowy Thrall.
    Hey now, I've been playing since the beta, and still don't have a single gold hero. 500 wins specifically in ranked with a single class is a pretty high number to hit if you aren't the sort who plays a lot and sticks consistently to one deck at a time, nothing surprising about not getting there in my mind.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah, I only have warlock golden myself and only that because it is my favourite class.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

I've played since beta as well, before there even were golden heroes, still no golden heroes. I'm closest with Paladin at 359 wins. I don't play a lot of constructed.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I never really took to Arena, and in the first few months of playing I decided I would do better if I focused my dust on a single class, picking Shaman because I liked the look of it. And since winning ranked matches contributes to a kind of achievement, i.e. the golden hero, I decided to play ranked all the time. Bear in mind that I was still 100% FTP at this point.

After a while playing only one class got soul-crushingly boring so I deviated from the plan. Whispers of the Old Gods saw me abandon FTP, allowing me to expand my card collection faster (I managed to unlock 1 wing of LOE with gold grinding before getting tired). My best ladder performances, if I recall rightly, were actually with Warrior and Priest. It was only sometime toward the end of last year that I decided to resume my 500 ranked win push. My gameplay loop consisted of two steps: (1) Complete daily quests (2) Win some ranked games with Shaman. The daily quests and weekly Tavern Brawls gave me some variety, and the golden hero gave me a long term goal to slowly make progress on.

With that done, I'm actually at a bit of a loss. The whole "pick a class and stick to it" plan did end up giving me the golden hero but maybe I should be a little more flexible. There are neutral cards that fit into multiple class archetypes, so there's some savings to be made there.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post

Glowy, glowy Thrall.
    My Shaman still isn't level 60, I'm not sure how that's possible, although Shaman's hasn't been one of the really meta decks outside of that reign of terror of Aggro Shaman into Midrange Shaman. Heck, Priest is one of the lesser played classes and it's at level 60.

I've played basically the cheap decks that I could, which explains why my golden heroes are in order: Warlock (zoo, occasional Renolock), Hunter (midrange and aggro), Warrior (Tempo Warrior, Dragon Warrior, Pirate Warrior), and Mage (Mech mage, Tempo Mage, Secret Mage, and my first homebrews before I learned netdecking).

I hit rank 5 every month but once since they started giving out the golden epic, so I play a lot more than the usual player.

I've been playing since Naxx, so that's ... wow, 3.5 years.

Edit: Finally 9 for 9 in Dungeon Run. Unfortunately, I didn't record down how many wins each run had.

I faced down Ixlid (poisonous guy) twice, never saw Tad, never assembled the legendary weapon. I had the dream of Wish + the Hourglass in hand and didn't use it against the final boss because I didn't realize how good it'd be, because I'm a moron.

On that note, I guided my wife through winning against the Trogg guy with a 0 mana Unstable Evolution, milling him until he died, and discarding the quest with the Beholder with unleash the hounds + stonetusk board. I felt pretty smart after those wins.
    Last edited by Joran; 2018-01-08 at 12:00 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

My closest hero to gold is Warlock at 232, because I played Zoo solidly from release until Power Overwhelming went Legacy. But I've never tried to ladder past 20 or so, hit 15 maybe once or twice, so my net total ranked wins is very low.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

I started playing on the first day of open beta, and I'm nowhere near getting any gold hero. I don't think I even have all at level 60 (and no, I don't have a Zevox-like hatred for any specific class, although I don't like warrior very much)
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

14. - Top - End - #224
    Spamalot in the Playground

I have gold Maiev and Liadrin Honestly I'm fine with those kinds of "gold heroes" being the only ones I use. And the golden DKs of course, which I can craft.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joran View Post
    Edit: Finally 9 for 9 in Dungeon Run. Unfortunately, I didn't record down how many wins each run had.
    I didn't record it either, to be honest. If you want to check, you can start a run and concede against the first boss. It shows your total wins with that class on the screen after you lose.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

16. - Top - End - #226
    Dwarf in the Playground

8/9 for me, just finished Hunter. Double Deathrattle and Wax Rager made everything go well. Final boss was King Togwaggle and the only thing I was worried about was him grabbing a Wand of Disintegration. Once he Vanished four of my Wax Ragers, nothing stopped me.

Just Paladin left!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

I have every hero in gold, yet I was never legendary. I had a tendency to "farm" the golden heroes just because I really REALLY wanted them.

Shaman was my first, closely followed by Priest (what. a. drag it was!) and then Mage, then I started farming.

1) Pirate Warrior
    2) Midrange Paladin
    3) Quest Rogue
    4) Aggro Druid
    5) Zoolock
    6) Midrange Hunter

I farmed but I never chained concedes to lower my rank for it. 500 legitimate wins, if sometimes bolstered by the most cancerous decks.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Jesus, is it even possible to beat The Darkness without some dumb gimmicky Fatigue deck? I've hit this mother****er five times in a row and there's nothing I can do about it. Having multiple class' worth of **** you cards is ridiculous. If I ever get a good card, it gets Mind Controlled, or Sudden Betrayal'd, or when all else fails out comes the Twisting Nether and he just summons some more free 5/5s. It seems impossible to stall for any length of time because he has just about every card in the game to **** over anything you put on the board and the raw meat to tank or gank anything that makes it through those.

All of the other bosses seem fair and beatable but this is just frustratinga and un-fun. It's a slog from start to finish.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Jesus, is it even possible to beat The Darkness without some dumb gimmicky Fatigue deck? I've hit this mother****er five times in a row and there's nothing I can do about it. Having multiple class' worth of **** you cards is ridiculous. If I ever get a good card, it gets Mind Controlled, or Sudden Betrayal'd, or when all else fails out comes the Twisting Nether and he just summons some more free 5/5s. It seems impossible to stall for any length of time because he has just about every card in the game to **** over anything you put on the board and the raw meat to tank or gank anything that makes it through those.

All of the other bosses seem fair and beatable but this is just frustratinga and un-fun. It's a slog from start to finish.
    My understanding is either you have insanity or you have stealth or you lose.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Dwarf in the Playground

The only time I've queued against The Darkness was a loss, and it did get almost to fatigue. I agree it seems like you need to bleed it dry to have any sort of chance.

21. - Top - End - #231

Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    My understanding is either you have insanity or you have stealth or you lose.
    Amaz beat him without stealth. I could definitely see Stealth + Wax Rager + Double DR doing the trick quite well. though.

You'd still have Psychic Scream to worry about, but he just filled your deck with Wax Ragers.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #232
    Troll in the Playground

Double battle-cry Jades with druid did fine against him. Once the jades get big he starts really using his removal badly. Perma stealth is also very easy to beat him with as long as your deck is reasonably strong.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

I saw Toast beat him with a Paladin dude deck. Unending stream of Silver Hand Recruits (upgraded hero power) + buffs was able to grind him down.

Video: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/216450808?t=05h33m39s
    Last edited by Joran; 2018-01-08 at 05:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I've also beaten him with double Battlecry Evolve Shaman. You just present big board after big board, and eventually he runs out of removal. Having double HP to allow you to more judiciously remove his 5/5s definitely helps.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

I do have every hero at level 60 - except, obviously, for Hunter, which I think is low 20s. I got most of them there around the same time, too, it was mainly Rogue that took a lot longer than the others, due to it having never had a competitive deck that I've liked. Getting it to 60 is part of the reason I've tried so hard to make Jade Rogue work, actually.

I've beaten him a couple of times. Just takes holding your candles as long as possible and having built a deck that's strong in some way.

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

26. - Top - End - #236
    Titan in the Playground

The problem seems to be I keep hitting him without any of the goofier treasures, is what I'm hearing. =/

I had an Evolve Shaman as the most recent, but all I had treasures-wise was the +1 mana crystal one and Captured Flag. Which woul have been enough to beat literally any other boss, but nooooo.

Mind you I LIKE the goofier treasures but can never seem to get the right combo of treasure and deck (like I'll take Battle Totem and never get any good Battlecry minions. Or take Captured Flag and go Pirate Warrior but never get Patches or anything aaaaaa).

27. - Top - End - #237
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's a damn slog to play against one deck that is basically playing on solitaire. No matter what you do, unless you get lucky and mess up their combo by mill or pulling a piece of it down with Dirty Rat, you're wasting 30 minutes or more just to watch your face get pinged to death.

I beat it with a C'thun priest with double Battlecry and Spell Damage +3.
    Last edited by Mikemical; 2018-01-08 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

I'm 2/1 vs the Darkness, for my money Xul is far worse. Wins were with Big Stuff quest druid and ludicrously unfair dragon priest. Didn't have stealth on either of them.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    I'm 2/1 vs the Darkness, for my money Xul is far worse. Wins were with Big Stuff quest druid and ludicrously unfair dragon priest. Didn't have stealth on either of them.
    If Xul is the Beholder, yeah, he's been the roughest on me. I think he's the only one I simply haven't beaten so far - though I believe I've also only faced him twice.

30. - Top - End - #240

The one time I had a good C'thun Priest run going, I ran into Azari. He milled all 3 of my C'thuns before I could draw them and that was all she wrote.

Not that I have been playing Priest much in that mode as it is my highest-level class; I've been using DR to level the classes I never play in other modes like Hunter and Rogue.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy