New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Default Re: (3.5) For Want of a Nail... (Red)

Gušleifur walked faster towards the. Wait for me he called The Door and the Doc.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

From the outside, it seems nobody is there. There is no light coming from any of the openings, nor is there any noise indicating anyone is inside. As you approach, however, there's a very distinct smell coming from it. The animal carcasses outside almost overpower it, but from right outside the building you can smell something else. It smells dense and musty, with a hint of earthiness. It's an uncomfortable scent, hinting at cold determination, cunning, and malevolence.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

This doesn't seem so right... Mason said, wary of the feeling he was getting from the building

((Casting Detect Evil on the building))
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

4. - Top - End - #274

The hut is not evil.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Clockyard View Post
    "It is better if you stick to the others if you don't want to end like one of them, little Imp" The Door says to Snar. Then he wanders off, slowly, towards the hut, keeping close to the Doc.
    "YOU... HAD... BETTER... BE... JOKING!!!" the little "imp" said with clear anger and malevolence. His tone was a quiet scream.
    "I just rushed over to save you from the vines that you would have NEVER run into if you had stayed on the path! You don't even bother to say 'thank you' for me risking my life to SAVE YOU you j*ck*ss!!! And now, you find a bunch of corpses and you decide, hey lets go over and play with them, I bet it's save. And now, you want to LECTURE ME ON SAFETY?!"

The little man was shouting, clearly heated. The sword in hand let you know he was about sick of the party's stupidity and lack of gratitude.

Spoiler: OOC Snar's point of view
    Show
    Snar is NOT a fiery personality. Door's comment is extremely rude.

Here's why:
    Snar didn't volunteer for this mission: the now dissolved blue team rudely cut him off then wandered into the forest and he had to save several of them. Now, he heard screams, and rushed over to help save at least two people in this party. No one has said 'than you', no one has asked him his name, no one has even bothered to acknowledge him when he talks. So Snar sees himself as risking his life to save a bunch of people who are now being quite rude to him.
    Last edited by Brian_Gishlover; 2018-03-05 at 10:16 AM.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

The Door scratches his armored glove on his helmet. It doesn't look much like a natural gesture, more like something practiced. He has a hard time understanding the fast and high pitched voice of the halfling.
    "Yes, safety." he said after a while of thought. "I would rather walk into this house with the others, than strolling alone through a forest where snakes and spiders the size of carriages try to eat you alive. Maybe we can find some food for the soldiers on the street. Maybe it was the spiderladys home, and she is now dead anyways."
    Then he lowers his voice, or at least he tries. "You didn't answer my question, how did you know I am no human? What am I doing wrong?"

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Stop arguing, come on and lets investigate the hut, ya?
    Gušleifur tried to be diplomatic but it wasn't even worth to call it so.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Agreed Mason said, taking bold steps towards it. The hut isn't even evil, so surely there is nothing to fear.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning

9. - Top - End - #279

DwarfClericGuy

From his cover, Joe readies an arrow to fire at anything that attacks the party.

"Door, do you want to try the...uh...door?" It seemed awkward asking that question.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

The Door looks at Joe, as if he didn't quite understand the joke.
    Then he shrugs, aproaches the front door and knocks.

Spoiler: next
    Show
    in case nothing happens in a minute or two he will try to open the door.

11. - Top - End - #281

Quote Originally Posted by Clockyard View Post
    The Door scratches his armored glove on his helmet. It doesn't look much like a natural gesture, more like something practiced. He has a hard time understanding the fast and high pitched voice of the halfling.
    "Yes, safety." he said after a while of thought. "I would rather walk into this house with the others, than strolling alone through a forest where snakes and spiders the size of carriages try to eat you alive. Maybe we can find some food for the soldiers on the street. Maybe it was the spiderladys home, and she is now dead anyways."
    Then he lowers his voice, or at least he tries. "You didn't answer my question, how did you know I am no human? What am I doing wrong?"
    Snar stood dumbfounded. He would have looked less shocked if Door had turned into a moose or claimed to be his mother. "That's what just happened to you... and you... and you?!" He was wheeling around, a mixture of confused and frustrated that could potentially lead to a stroke.

After a few seconds of confusion, his temperament completely changed. He said "The folly of man extends to robots!" as if he had just solved the riddle of the century. He instantly stopped being angry and regained that goofy little bounce in his step.

When the Door opening a door joke happened, Snar gave Joe a little winky wink. He started following behind Door being extra sneaky... he actually looked more like he was sneaking up on Door than providing support to him.

12. - Top - End - #282

The door is made of wood, and mostly rotten. When Door's massive fist hits it, the sound is more of a crunch than a knock.
    Nonetheless, there is no response. Eventually, Door simply opens the door, revealing the interior of the hut.
    There is no flooring; the floor is simply well-trampled dirt. There are no light sources, save for the holes in the walls, but the clearing around the building leaves enough sunlight to see by.
    The whole hut appears to be one room, and the only furniture inside is a circular table in the very centre, with one very roughly made chair. Along the ground, you can make out a number of snakeskins that have been shed - the largest are the size of the ones you fought earlier.
    There is also an alcove along the wall to your right, large enough to fit the whole party and covered in straw. Directly across from it is what seems to be a fireplace, judging from the coals lining the floor - it doesn't look well-ventilated, but perhaps the holes along the roof serve as a chimney of sorts.
    Finally, above you, there are 6 wooden beams that span across the entire room, intersecting in the middle, about 12 feet high. Right where they intersect is a nest of some sort, though you can't identify the material without a better look.

That's all you can see from the outside.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

The Door steps back and says "Nobody home". The sound is muffled from underneath the helmet, but loud enough for all to hear.
    Then he walks inside, looking through the alcove and the fireplace.
    Spoiler: search
    Show
    (1d20-1)[4]

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Moments have passed, everybody was doing their stuff as Gušleifur started laughing. The door opens the door. Hahaha. Funny.

He wiped a tear away and changed his aura. Then he casts a spell and let the mage hand knock the nest down. Catch it! he shouted, hoping that somebody could get it.

Spoiler: EDIT
    Show
    I forgot to mention what Gušleifur's doing...
    He changes his draconic aura to “Senses“ (+1 spot, listen and initiative for everyone in 30ft radius)
    Casting mage hand, dropping the nest down
    Last edited by Fliggl; 2018-03-12 at 10:14 AM.

15. - Top - End - #285

Door finds nothing of any interest in either the fireplace or the alcove, while the nest is pushed out of its lodging and is now falling toward the ground. If anyone wants to try catching it, just make a Reflex save at DC 10.
    The nest appears quite large; larger than expected, in fact. It's almost the size of a small room.

16. - Top - End - #286

d6 Re: (3.5) For Want of a Nail... (Red)

Snar's ever intrusive presence immediately extended to the hut the moment Door entered the door. He started looking around. He whispers, "What are we looking for?"

When the nest started to fall he instinctively caught it, then peek up to Door from underneath and asked "Why am I holding this?" He looked confused. He turned to Big G "Why are you touching it with an invisible hand?"

"What do I win for catching it?" He still looked confused, but now seemed eager to know what was inside.

Spoiler: Rolly Rolls
    Show
    Search
    [roll]1d20+2[/roll]
    Catch= auto success
    [roll]1d20+9[/roll]

OOC: I have no idea why the roller is not working. I copy. I paste. I write it carefully. Nothing.
    Last edited by Brian_Gishlover; 2018-03-12 at 12:51 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_Gishlover View Post
    Snar's ever intrusive presence immediately extended to the hut the moment Door entered the door. He started looking around. He whispers, "What are we looking for?"

When the nest started to fall he instinctively caught it, then peek up to Door from underneath and asked "Why am I holding this?" He looked confused. He turned to Big G "Why are you touching it with an invisible hand?"

"What do I win for catching it?" He still looked confused, but now seemed eager to know what was inside.

Spoiler: Rolly Rolls
    Show
    Search
    (1d20+2)[18]
    Catch= auto success
    (1d20+9)[15]

OOC: I have no idea why the roller is not working. I copy. I paste. I write it carefully. Nothing.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    That is peculiar. I was going to say you can't use spaces, but when I replied there were none.
    Just in case this matters, I don't think you can edit them; you have to get it right the first time.

Search: (1d20+2)[20]

The nest is extremely light for its size. Upon inspection, the reason becomes clear; it's made from spider's silk, which is very strong and incredibly light; even Snar can hold it over his head.
    The inside of the nest is lined with fine velvet, with gold floral patterns embroidered on it. There's also a small box, about 8 inches wide and 6 inches long. It's made of wood, but the top has silver engravings, and the clasp has a large pearl set into it.
    Inside, you find three potions and a small silk pouch.

From where the nest was, things begin falling; an assortment of boxes and small barrels, as well as several humanoid figures that fall downward, only to be suspended upside down by more of the spider's silk.
    They are pale and motionless, with their arms and legs bound.
    Last edited by Strigon; 2018-03-12 at 01:22 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

the Door looks at the hanging figures and takes them down. He still doesn't have a knife, so he tries to rip up the spiderweb in which they are caught by hand.

"Doc", he then calls, "I think these ones need repair as well"

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Gušleifur was very interested in the boxes and barrels. One by one he put up, shaked it and listened if something was inside.

20. - Top - End - #290

There are five boxes and two barrels. The boxes all make different sounds; it seems each one contains a number of different items. The barrels, however, are different; one sounds like it contains coins, and in the other you can hear liquid sloshing around.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

There's some kind of liquid inside. If someone wants it... Gušleifur mentioned casually while he was pointing at the barrel and tried to open the other one. If it doesn't open easy he will take his heavy pick and “open“ the barrel with it.
    Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    Or destroy, ya he will destroy it

22. - Top - End - #292

The lid is reasonably easy to remove, and reveals a large group of coins; altogether, they're valued at 800 GP.

23. - Top - End - #293

Snar sat down the nest and watched things falling, catching things with surprising speed. "Look at me! I'm playing catch with a building!"
    Spoiler: Trying to catch everything
    Show
    (1d20+9)[14](1d20+9)[27](1d20+9)[24](1d20+9)[25]

"It's raining corpses, gold, and booze?! Well, I guess it IS the pirates life for me after all. Gotta come up with a good pirate name." He spend the next few minutes saying names, most of which had the word beard in them, which is strange considering Snar is clean shaven.

When Snar sees a moron (Snar's words not mine) trying to open a barrel of booze with a pick, he springs he rushed over to save the booze. He holds back the pick with one gentle hand, while placing another Gušleifur's iron covered heart; in the moment's pause the followed, it was hard to miss the tenderness in Snar's eyes, like a mother trying to protect a child from itself. In a tone that began tender saying, "Hold it tender," then his eyes and voice turned to fear as he continued,"We don't want anyone asking why the rum is gone." He looked around from side to side after saying it, as though he was afraid someone might already be listening.
    Last edited by Brian_Gishlover; 2018-03-16 at 10:55 AM.

24. - Top - End - #294

Show
    First off, glad to see you've solved the dice problem!
    Secondly, I believe Gušleifur is opening the coin barrel; correct?

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Show
    Snar should look closer, Gušleifur is opening the other barrel. That's why he asked if someone wants the one with liquid inside.

Uuh, there's Gold inside. I'll take it, ya?!
    Let's see what's in this boxes...
    he took the first one while whistling a random music and opened it.

26. - Top - End - #296

The first box contains, of all things, clothes. Clothes of all shapes, sizes and styles.
    The majority of it is simple and practical; the kind you'd use for a day's work on the farm, or on the road. There are, however, a few finer items of style or comfort. None of them are kingly, per se, but most decidedly nicer than simple peasant garb.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

hmmrpf... Gušleifur made this sound to show his lack of interest over the clothes. He opened the remaining boxes hoping something more valuable's inside.

28. - Top - End - #298

The boxes appear to have been well organized; in addition to the clothes, there is a box of weaponry, all fairly common - things like daggers and shortswords, mostly, and nothing more interesting than a crossbow.
    The third holds gear and equipment; ropes and lanterns are in abundance, as are locks. It seems to be the sort of things that might come in handy on the road, rather than exploring uncharted lands or delving into a dungeon.
    The fourth contains a rudimentary collection of art. Some of it is obviously worth very little; crude iron medallions, and the like. However, there are some items that may fetch a price. In particular, there's a silver ring set with topaz, a beautiful porcelain swan crafted to scale, and a painting of a ship setting sail into a stormy sea; the scene is just after sunset, or just before sunrise, with just a hint of orange on the horizon. The perspective is from the top of a grassy cliff that takes up roughly the bottom third of the painting, and if you look closely, you can actually see the lights on the ship flicker, and the sea-spray around her hull dance back and forth.

The most interesting box, however, contains only a few items. Two alchemists fires, and a vial of acid are the items you can immediately recognize. There are also three delicately crafted and engraved arrows, a pin made in the shape of a pair of wings, with an emerald set between them, and another, small vial of liquid you cannot identify.

29. - Top - End - #299

"Looks like the fat man is still going to go hungry."

Show
    It just occurred to me our quests might have started on different notes. Is this group trying to find food for the overweight mayor too?

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Gušleifur took the alchemist fires and the vial of acid.
    Hey guys, you need this... stuff right here?