1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Question Is everyone like this?

Hi! I'm new here (duh).
    When I came across the forum site I thought everyone was friendly and such but I've posted two threads so far and the replies I've gotten are extremely direct or forceful, but not unfriendly either. They either don't understand my post because I'm not direct enough or tell me that I'm wrong, at least, those are the replies that I've read so far. My first thread got too many replies for me to answer to and most weren't directly to me. Or is this just a random occurrence?

So, my direct question is: is everyone very direct and forceful (as in their opinion on what I'm really talking about or I should be talking about) with their replies?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Is everyone like this?

Sheriff: Definitely yes.
    Forum Rules

Roland as Jayne Cobb by Mysticaloctopus

3. - Top - End - #3
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Is everyone like this?

Sheriff: In all seriousness, it is what it is. I suggest you read the forum and decide for yourself whether people are nice or not, whether posters in a thread always respond directly and only to the thread starter, whether a thread starter typically responds to all posters, and generally how things go around here. One could write a doctoral dissertation on the sociology, communication, and psychology of this place. But I suggest you lurk a bit more and see if you can figure it out sufficiently for your own purposes.

I also suggest reading the Forum Rules.
    Forum Rules

Roland as Jayne Cobb by Mysticaloctopus