New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: "Not secure"

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default "Not secure"

Hi folks, just curious about something. My browser bar is telling me that the login page for this site is not secure in any of the private pages. Just wondering if that's specific to me or a site issue and how concerned should I be? Normally any site you need to login comes up as HTTPS. Any light shed on this would be appreciated.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: "Not secure"

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Guard View Post
    Hi folks, just curious about something. My browser bar is telling me that the login page for this site is not secure in any of the private pages. Just wondering if that's specific to me or a site issue and how concerned should I be? Normally any site you need to login comes up as HTTPS. Any light shed on this would be appreciated.
    See this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    This is a relatively recent change on Firefox's end. Firefox is now reporting that every login box not through HTTPS is insecure.

vBulletin uses its own protection and does not require HTTPS. However, we still recommend that you use a different password to other sites (actually, you should never use the same password on multiple sites anyway).
    GW
    Interested in MitD? Join us in MitD's thread.
    There is a world of imagination
    Deep in the corners of your mind
    Where reality is an intruder
    And myth and legend thrive
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Ceterum autem censeo Hilgya malefica est

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: "Not secure"

Ah. Apologies for spamming.