New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Question on the Imperium

Let us say a group of Aliens started worshipping the emperor. By the time they are discovered, They already have temples set up and everything. What would be the Imperiums reaction?
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Question on the Imperium

Quote Originally Posted by Xenopax View Post
    Let us say a group of Aliens started worshipping the emperor. By the time they are discovered, They already have temples set up and everything. What would be the Imperiums reaction?
    Depends who finds them.

They might be bombed from orbit, they might be officially tolerated, the paperwork might be lost and they just carry on as usual.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Well ...

The Imperium isn't actively seeking war against the Eldar, for instance. Sure, it's hardly a relationship of brotherly love, nor even any kind of alliance, but the Imperium knows and ignores several Eldar enclaves.

So finding a non-chaos, Emperor worshipping alien race? They'd propably exploit that in some way, while keeping the entire thing safely away from public scrutiny and the vulnerable minds of the masses.

Of course, on the other hand, a cost/benefit calculation could change all that. If they have a highly attractive planet that humans might be considered to better occupy, they'd likely not last long, depending on the level of resistance they might offer.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

We have a 40K fluff discussion, you are welcomed to ask any question you may have :)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Remember that the Imperium is insanely heterogeneous.

For example, there are puritan and radical inquisitors. Imagine if these aliens were found were found by a Puritan inquisitor:

- the Emperor is for mankind, not for aliens to worship
    - the aliens are probably devious like Eldar and up to some scheme
    - the aliens may know about the emperor but their alien minds simply aren't human and we can't let them pervert emperor-worship like this.
    - aliens are inherently evil and disgusting, so it doesn't matter what they're doing with the temples, they need to be exterminated.

Then if a Radical Inquisitor found them:

- We can manipulate these aliens into fighting the orks in the same system for us.
    - These aliens clearly have no beef with us, let's leave them alone.

The game is set up with this massive setting specifically so that players can tell their own stories using it. Just about the only thing that would seem to be too far out there to me is if the aliens were welcomed into the imperium and treated as well as humans. The Emperor as a god is humanist in the way that Asuryan is Eldarist and Gork (or Mork?) is Orkist - he is there to be the patron and protector of the race.
    It always amazes me how often people on forums would rather accuse you of misreading their posts with malice than re-explain their ideas with clarity.