New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Disney buys large parts of Fox - Marvel get back X-Men/F4!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cikomyr View Post
    No, he is a villain. His regaining his agency in the first place is one of the movie's main subtheme.

The Winter Soldier is the biggest mover and shaker on the Villain's side in Cap2. He has a lot of screen time, solid presence.

He is about on par with the Terminator in term of agency; both are killing machines sent by others to execute the overall evil plot.
    Youre confusing villain for antagonist. And its true, he's the primary antagonist of the movie, because cap and his interactions with the Winter Soldier is the biggest focus. But just like the Terminator, he isn't the main villain. For Terminator, its Skynet, for Cap its Hydra and their boss who's name I cant remember at the moment. Theyre the ones with goals, motives, desires and plans.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    Is nobody else concerned by the terrifying monopoly on popular media these buyouts represent? I know that the conglomerate's output has been pretty good over the last decade or so, but at this rate it's only a matter of time before Time Warner and Comcast succumb.
    A little bit, yeah, though it's hard to be that worried when I'm enjoying Marvel's stuff, keep hearing good things about Disney's main work even though I'm not watching it, and Star Wars... well, they're at least one for two with me there, and even TFA was much better than the prequels.

Also, we might actually get the X-Men, Doctor Doom, and Deadpool back into Marvel vs Capcom now, which would be great.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Erys View Post
    But I bet we are the minority.

Most don't understand how less competition is a bad thing.
    To be honest, I'm less concerned about the effects on the fantasy-industrial-complex per se than I am about a single massive conglomerate owning multiple major news outlets. I suppose it depends on how the subsidiaries get parcelled out, but Fox technically owns Sky aside from Fox News itself, IIRC(?), and Disney already runs ABC and ESPN. Am I just getting ahead of myself, or is that a real possibility?
    Give directly to the extreme poor.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

To be honest, I'm less concerned about the effects on the fantasy-industrial-complex per se than I am about a single massive conglomerate owning multiple major news outlets. I suppose it depends on how the subsidiaries get parcelled out, but Fox technically owns Sky aside from Fox News itself, IIRC(?), and Disney already runs ABC and ESPN. Am I just getting ahead of myself, or is that a real possibility?
    Fox News and Fox Sports are not part of the deal and will be rolled into a new Fox company.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Youre confusing villain for antagonist. And its true, he's the primary antagonist of the movie, because cap and his interactions with the Winter Soldier is the biggest focus. But just like the Terminator, he isn't the main villain. For Terminator, its Skynet, for Cap its Hydra and their boss who's name I cant remember at the moment. Theyre the ones with goals, motives, desires and plans.
    I shall consider your words and revert. You make some good points.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Fantastic Four in the MCU is good. Marvel comics no longer having to crap all over FF and X-men is also good. My big worry though is with the X-men movies. Sure, not all of them have been amazing. But especially recently, they've been doing a ton to expand the genre. And that's what the genre really needs.

Integrating mutants into the MCU seems like a huge chore. You can't really go back and say that they've been around the whole time. A big cosmic event where reality changes and they just sort of exist now seems super forced. And the series is already an incredibly successful franchise. Soooooo... I hope they keep it separate. At least for now. Let it evolve organically. Let Deadpool make Disney and MCU jokes. But ultimately, keep it separate. Push the franchise. Because while the MCU has some great movies, I can't handle watching what is essentially Iron Man 1 for a forth time.
    Playing Pokemon Y

Friend Code: 4914-4022-6171

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    Given his explicit lack of agency in that movie, calling him the villain of the piece is kind of pushing the meaning of the term. He's a weapon more than a villain.
    Besides weapon the argument can be made he is a horror monster.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

I would say I'm happy for the Fantastic 4, which Marvel Studios could easily do justice and at this point would be the only ones who would and as far as comics and this deal goes are the big winners.

Though - while the main series X-Men were pretty much killed with Apocalypse - Deadpool and Logan are among my favourite movies in the genre, and I don't really see them happening anymore. That kind of risk came from a studio with not as much to lose, who were willing to make relatively cheap Superhero movies with out-there scripts.

Then again, you can't make another Logan, it was conceptually tied to a franchise that had been around since Bill Clinton was President and had actors embodying those roles for most of my life rather than just a dystopic western with superheroes. Deadpool 2's already done production I believe, so there will at least be that.

As to cheering further monopolization of the media, meh, I can't do anything about it assuming it goes through. At the very least I can see the upside to it.

Disney's going to have a lot of content when it gets its streaming service, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Also, we might actually get the X-Men, Doctor Doom, and Deadpool back into Marvel vs Capcom now, which would be great.
    To my knowledge, the Marvel video game rights were there own issue separate from the film/television/animation deals. There are recent Marvel games with all those X/F4 characters in it - like the Diablo-esque FTP game or the Lego ones - indicating that Marvel can still license them, but Capcom's specific licensing agreement doesn't include them.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    To my knowledge, the Marvel video game rights were there own issue separate from the film/television/animation deals. There are recent Marvel games with all those X/F4 characters in it - like the Diablo-esque FTP game or the Lego ones - indicating that Marvel can still license them, but Capcom's specific licensing agreement doesn't include them.
    Speculation/rumor mill had it that Marvel specifically didn't want to include characters Fox held those rights to both to avoid promoting their films and because Fox having some cut of the merchandising for those characters would be involved. And regardless of the details, it was certainly Marvel's decision, and given who specifically they left off there's no way it wasn't related to them being Fox's characters. So with this happening, that barrier should go down, and I'd fully expect Capcom to jump at the chance to add those characters in as DLC.
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

I would say I'm happy for the Fantastic 4, which Marvel Studios could easily do justice and at this point would be the only ones who would and as far as comics and this deal goes are the big winners.

Though - while the main series X-Men were pretty much killed with Apocalypse - Deadpool and Logan are among my favourite movies in the genre, and I don't really see them happening anymore. That kind of risk came from a studio with not as much to lose, who were willing to make relatively cheap Superhero movies with out-there scripts.

Then again, you can't make another Logan, it was conceptually tied to a franchise that had been around since Bill Clinton was President and had actors embodying those roles for most of my life rather than just a dystopic western with superheroes. Deadpool 2's already done production I believe, so there will at least be that.

As to cheering further monopolization of the media, meh, I can't do anything about it assuming it goes through. At the very least I can see the upside to it.

Disney's going to have a lot of content when it gets its streaming service, though.

I mean Marvel certainly can't do WORSE than the complete train wreck the last couple Fantastic 4 movies were.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

11. - Top - End - #41

Marvel always had the rights to Skrulls. They did not have the Super Skrull rights.

Anyways, industry chatter says that mutants will stay with Disney-Fox, but Fantastic Four is likely to be moved to Disney-Marvel, along with individual switches for those mutants who are also Avengers. Not sure what tea leaves they're reading, but it is what happened after Pixar was bought.

Disney loves having the subsidiaries compete, it seems.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Banned

Well, maybe next Fantastic 4 will be better Well done Disney

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Is nobody else concerned by the terrifying monopoly on popular media these buyouts represent? I know that the conglomerate's output has been pretty good over the last decade or so, but at this rate it's only a matter of time before Time Warner and Comcast succumb.
    I am. Being able to bring those franchises home is great and all (especially since other than Deadpool and Logan, most of the non-Marvel movies with Marvel characters were only so-so at best), but having fewer studios out there is never a good thing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    The MCU's villians are weak, only used as single movie roadblocks with no development. The only exception of Loki.

I would love to see a Malicifant- style villians-eye movie about Doom. I could take or leave the rest of the Four- cast them as single movie roadblocks for doom, even. but build doom up as a proper supervillian who cant be beaten in a 121 minute runtime
    I'm not really sure it's fair to single out Marvel here. How many times have Batman villains lasted longer than one film? How about Superman villains? James Bond? Star Trek?

Villains that remain relevant and dangerous throughout an entire film series is pretty rare, it seems to me. Star Wars is probably the best example, but after that I struggle to think of many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Those are two related but distinct problems.

a Marvel exec with a great deal of control 1: Wanted to Devalue the X-Men IP because the film rights belonged to Fox and 2: Is also a massive Inhuman Fanboy.

Trying to make the Inhumans come out as morally equal to or superior to the X-Man in their conflicts when they weren't* and making "Nuhumans" a replacement for mutants are basically the only place where the two things intersect.

But if this will stop people In-Universe from claiming that Main TImeline Cyclops is basically Hitler for the crime of... Telling people that the Terrigen was dangerous to mutants and taking actions to stop it, then being murdered in cold blood by Black Bolt for doing so(And it wasn't even realy Cyclops, it was Emma Frost after Cyclops died to the mists.)

*The Inhumans were asses in Civil War II, and the writing regarding the Mutant/Inhuman conflict was comparable to One More Day's The only good thing to have come from this Terrigin mist storyline is that they finally stopped pretending that Emma Frost wasn't evil.

Inhuman shilling will still happen. They just might not be an attempt to replace Mutants or the X-Men anymore.
    Ugh. I'm normally not a fan of reboots or retcons, but in the case of the X-Men, I'd be perfectly happy if they just excised the last 20 years' worth of stories entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Marvel always had the rights to Skrulls. They did not have the Super Skrull rights.

Anyways, industry chatter says that mutants will stay with Disney-Fox, but Fantastic Four is likely to be moved to Disney-Marvel, along with individual switches for those mutants who are also Avengers. Not sure what tea leaves they're reading, but it is what happened after Pixar was bought.

Disney loves having the subsidiaries compete, it seems.
    I'm okay with this, if it's true. I would actually prefer the X-verse to remain separate. The Marvel comic verse is a bit overcrowded IMO, and I think I'd prefer an X-Men universe to remain separate from the MCU.

Besides, at least the illusion of competition is better than nothing at all.
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2017-12-15 at 10:32 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

The other thing to remember with this is that it'll take at least a year for the Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission to review everything and accept or reject it. Or longer, given the two bureaucracies have to agree. Even if this goes through, we likely won't begin to see the effects until 2020.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Disney buys large parts of Fox - Marvel get back X-Men/F4!!
    Saw it this morning!! I think Sony/Spiderman is now the only remaining piece of estranged IP, and they are collaborating with Marvel..

Oh, and Disney also owns...

How is this supposed to be a good thing?

I saw the 2002 and 2004 Spiderman films, and they were good or okay, whereas watching Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and The Avengers bored me.

The Avengers
    had two highlights:

1) A character that looked good in tights.
    2) The "Puny god" line.

Robert Downey Jr. as a drunken Tony Stark was memorable, but not something I wished to see.

In contrast the X-Men had a very memorable scene of a young Magneto bending the bars of a concentration camp upon being separated from his mother, using his mind. That short scene was effecting, and I rate it high not just for "genre movies" but films in general.

Also X-Men had multiple characters who filled out their tights nicely.

I liked Big Hero 6, but what I've seen of live-action Disney Marvel films was inferior to the non-Disney ones.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'll be honest, not really. If they'd gotten Fox's broadcast and news arms, I would be much more worried, as I want as many available sources for my information as possible. Let me have CNN and Fox News and just maybe I can see the truth in the contrast between the two agendas. But when it comes to movie rights, the Mouse hasn't been a villain. They're ruthless with their rivals, yes, but when it comes to their customers they typically earn the comically large piles of money they make through actually enjoyable movies rather than screw them over every chance they get. They're not EA, in other words. I do not begrudge the money and power given to those who simply produce a superior product.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post

How is this supposed to be a good thing?

I saw the 2002 and 2004 Spiderman films, and they were good or okay, whereas watching Iron Man, Iron Man 2, and The Avengers bored me.

The Avengers
    had two highlights:

1) A character that looked good in tights.
    2) The "Puny god" line.

Robert Downey Jr. as a drunken Tony Stark was memorable, but not something I wished to see.

In contrast the X-Men had a very memorable scene of a young Magneto bending the bars of a concentration camp upon being separated from his mother, using his mind. That short scene was effecting, and I rate it high not just for "genre movies" but films in general.

Also X-Men had multiple characters who filled out their tights nicely.

I liked Big Hero 6, but what I've seen of live-action Disney Marvel films was inferior to the non-Disney ones.
    Look. I cannot dicuss with you if you didnt liked the Avengers. There has to be some level of common ground, and i think our tastes are just too fundamentally opposed.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    The MCU's villians are weak, only used as single movie roadblocks with no development. The only exception of Loki.
    To be fair, the great majority of the interesting Villains weren't owned by MCU before. I mean specifically those that are actually worthy of being in a movie (Apocalypse, Sinestro, Galactus/SS, Dr. Doom, Magneto, etc.). The MCU always suffered because they were left with less popular and less interesting villains on average. Loki and Thanos are the exception. It's basically a miracle what happened to the Vulture. And Red Skull was underused for obvious reasons (it would have been ridiculous to bring him to the present too).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    Will they actually be able to make Thanos into an interesting villain? Hard to say, with the mere glimpses we've gotten of him so far. But maybe.
    They better do, because there's a second part incoming. It's the first time they require the main villain to live up the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    If you don’t see how big a change this is you haven’t been paying attention to the lesson of the MCU.
    -snip-
    I said I wasn't concerned about it, not that I perceived no change. I think it's good news on the average. Like 90% good news; 10% fake

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    This is one thing I don’t think the merger is going to change. Disney’s plans to launch their own streaming service gives them a lot more money (100%) than putting their properties on Hulu (33%?) does. It might change what Disney puts up on thier own streaming service however.
    I think that's precisely why they did it. Now Disney has a real product to offer on streaming. What I meant is that "one big Corp" buying/handling a lot of other corp products is better than having one streaming service for each company (imagine Fox/WB/ScyFy all pushing to have their own service). I prefer streaming being more like Cable Service than a YouTube Channel. Less companies pushing for their special service is nice from my PoV.

That IS an issue yes. I thought you were referring back to OP (entertainment). In some countries where a significant portion of the media becomes monopolized a lot of horrible things happen. I know from experience

But I think in America the media is diversified enough to survive those problems at local level. Unless they take down every single NetNeutrality kind of law they currently have

Quote Originally Posted by monomer View Post
    Fox News and Fox Sports are not part of the deal and will be rolled into a new Fox company.
    That's good to know..

Quote Originally Posted by Ping Pong Along View Post
    My big worry though is with the X-men movies. Sure, not all of them have been amazing. But especially recently, they've been doing a ton to expand the genre. And that's what the genre really needs.
    Just because the later movies weren't a complete flop for fans, that doesn't mean the fact that they are still way below to MCU standards. There is a lot of valid criticism for X-men verse, for instance Rogue is still hideous!

I agree Logan was a bold move; but Deadpool... not so much. Ok, yeah... if MCU would have handled it, they wouldn't have "risked" the +18 rate; but other than that, I don't think they were "innovating" anything. In fact, the strongest point of the movie was his fidelity to the source material, and I think MCU is just as capable (if not better qualified) to do it. They said they will keep the rating and Kyle Ryner Barakapool Ryan Reynolds, so I think we're good for now.
    Last edited by Lord Joeltion; 2017-12-15 at 04:12 PM.
    (sic)

My English non trčs bueno, da? CALL: 0800-BADGRINGO

19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

So no one is going to comment on the fact that Mickey Mouse can now go Super Saiyan?

20. - Top - End - #50

His hair isn't spiky enough.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    His hair isn't spiky enough.
    He knows magic. He can magic himself some more S Cells

22. - Top - End - #52
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

The best things that can come out of this are that some of the best villains are returned. Doom can finally be done properly - Galactus, Annihilus and the Negative Zone. Silver Surfer could be amazing, we can actually see the (original) Defenders as a team - how amazing would a reality bending team-up with Dr. Strange, Silver Surfer, and Hulk be? The Shi'ar can be included in the cosmic world, and the Brood. Having justice done to the F4 and eventually a Future Foundation would be great, too. The Illuminati/Infinity Watch can actually be a thing, now, too - Xavier, Strange, Richards, Stark, T'Challa, Namor!, Black Bolt (let's forget this terrible TV show and have the Inhumans re-done properly by the movie sudio) - let's do it!

There could actually be a film version of the Strange/Doom "Triumph and Torment" mini series someday.

This is nothing but good for the quality of the MCU, and the viewing public.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Are there any outstanding Marvel properties that Marvel Studios wouldn't have access to after the Fox buyout? They still wouldn't "own" Spider-Man rights, but that's just a technicality and irrelevant to anything but what money goes where as far as movie-goers go.

They got Blade back a while ago I believe, and they clearly have the Punisher and Daredevil/Electra already. I don't think there was anything else.

24. - Top - End - #54

The biggest one is probably the Namor/Atlantis rights. They only have a piece of the Hulk rights, and Universal won't be releasing them without a serious quid pro quo. There's a few things from the Marvel UK imprint that are held by British studios, most notably Black Knight. And somebody, I forget who, has the Eternals and Deviants in their vault.

Oh, and they can't use the Winter Guard without the consent of one of the writers, because he locked in the media rights during a contract negotiation.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by joeltion View Post
    To be fair, the great majority of the interesting Villains weren't owned by MCU before. I mean specifically those that are actually worthy of being in a movie (Apocalypse, Sinestro, Galactus/SS, Dr. Doom, Magneto, etc.).
    o/` One of these things is not like the other, one of these things does not belong.... o/`

Good points otherwise! :)

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

So, since it's basically a given that there will be another Guardians Of The Galaxy movie, and it will of course have a Howard The Duck Cameo and likely have a Stan Lee Cameo because of tradition, what does everyone think of this.

Seedy space bar, the Guardians walk in for plot related reason.

In the back ground,

Howard The Duck, Predator, Alien Xenomorph, A Random Wookie, A Random Navi from the blue people Avatar Movie, and Stan Lee playing poker for about 2-3 seconds before the camera is off them.

Maybe faintly hear Stan Lee as he looks at Howard The Duck and goes "Got any three's?"

and Howard goes "I told you, were playing five card stud!"

Or something along those lines.
    "I Burn!"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

I say they declare sovereignty in about 10 years
    Before or after they merge with Google?

Anyways, I consider this good news so we can get better X-men, Fantastic Four that aren't total trash, and maybe even a recurring villain in the MCU in Doom.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by joeltion View Post
    Just because the later movies weren't a complete flop for fans, that doesn't mean the fact that they are still way below to MCU standards. There is a lot of valid criticism for X-men verse, for instance Rogue is still hideous!

I agree Logan was a bold move; but Deadpool... not so much. Ok, yeah... if MCU would have handled it, they wouldn't have "risked" the +18 rate; but other than that, I don't think they were "innovating" anything. In fact, the strongest point of the movie was his fidelity to the source material, and I think MCU is just as capable (if not better qualified) to do it. They said they will keep the rating and Kyle Ryner Barakapool Ryan Reynolds, so I think we're good for now.
    I'm not talking about MCU standards of execution. The MCU is fun, but god can it be formulaic. No movie better exhibits this IMO than Dr. Strange which is visually creative, but with an incredibly bland story that we've seen countless times before. There were no risks taken other than changing some character's races, which from what I read was largely to avoid the even bigger risk of backlash.

Contrast this with Deadpool, which is rough around the edges, pretty juvenile, and yet it's refreshingly different. Which is the better executed movie? Dr. Strange 100%. People have often talked about the "superhero bubble" and how it's just a matter of time before it bursts. And it's movies like Dr. Strange that edge us closer and closer to this.

Even if you didn't like Deadpool, it was great for the genre. A low budget, R rated superhero movie could be a financial success. Even forgetting about the specifics of the movie, that alone goes a long way. Logan was even better because it got such a great critical response too. We've got Legion on TV which opens the door to more trippy concepts and styles of storytelling. We've got the horror movie New Mutants movies coming out soon. If this genre is going to last, it needs to expand on what it can do which Fox was really starting to delve into. Sure, Apocalypse wasn't an innovation and fell flat and I doubt Dark Phoenix will really push the envelope regardless of whether it turns out well or not.

Not that Disney isn't trying to expand. Guardians was a pretty big departure when it came out. But the lesson they seemed to learn from that wasn't so much "try new things" as "do more movies like Guardians."

Something I want to make clear is that I'm a fan of both the MCU and the X-men franchise. But I feel like the diversity in style is of the utmost importance. It's clear we're not going to get this from DC who've panicked from one project to the next (generally with good reason).
    Playing Pokemon Y

Friend Code: 4914-4022-6171

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

I feel the need to point out Ant Man was a heist movie, and that Marvel also has there Netflix content, some of which is quite good and goes for being "Dark and Gritty and bad crap happens, sometimes to good people who have a super hero doing there damndest to help them even.".

As I understand it there taking a crack at teen centric stuff now as well with Runaway's on Hulu. Though I confess I've not gotten to watch it yet.
    "I Burn!"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    I feel the need to point out Ant Man was a heist movie, and that Marvel also has there Netflix content, some of which is quite good and goes for being "Dark and Gritty and bad crap happens, sometimes to good people who have a super hero doing there damndest to help them even.".

As I understand it there taking a crack at teen-centric stuff now as well with Runaway's on Hulu. Though I confess I've not gotten to watch it yet.
    They made Molly Hispanic, she's now Gert's foster-sister, and halfway through the mini-series they've still yet to actually Runnaway.

And there might be a different traitor or no traitor than in the comics because the traitor from the comics reason to be the traitor was renderned a non-issue in the first episode of the show, and that's all I'm gonna say to avoid spoilers for either.

Apparently the original author of volume 1 is involved in some way.

(Wait... If Disney owns FF rights now, that means Xavin's on the table if the Mini-series turns into a full series! Considering Xavin's comic treatment, that'd be nice.)
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks