New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default [DBitP] Iron Man

On the great plateau of former volcano of Mars, Olympus Mons, an honor guard of one hundred and seven armored giants stand in attention. A black-clad man in a billowing white cloak, barely half as tall as them, floats down from the starlit sky, causing rust red dust to billow as he sets down on the barren environment.

He looks at the woman before him. "Good evening, Jade Refera. I take things on Earth have quieted down now that you've found time to pay us a visit?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [DBitP] Iron Man

"Yeah. I don't particularly see why your ok with this, and maybe there some form of thing I could've come up with to make you useful for something else, but honestly I have my own plans to make a widespread Earth defense, a self-sustaining one at that. If Age 1000 is any indication.....earthlings are perfectly capable of understanding and dealing with ki. I say? Let them know. Let earthlings imagine up whatever martial arts they can to defend themselves. The best way to make sure forces like you or I aren't necessary is to make sure everyone knows how to do it themselves. Whether that be through weird steampunk cybernetics, new robots they make themselves anyways, or legit martial arts. Whatever works.

But of course, out with the old first.....forces created by what? Some god with a petty agenda perfectly willing to sacrifice the planet? Can't have that. Not to my standards of justice. But just to make sure: your ARE not sapient right? Cause if this is some sort of trick to make me commit a sin to send to me to hell later....that'd be a real jerk move. Just saiyan."

She takes a ready stance, preparing to power herself up. Not that her history hasn't probably been shady enough already, but she has to look out for that kind of thing on some level. Wait how would it work? At least 19 years of her life had been spent in a completely different timeline, how would Yenma judge her, based on the last two? Did he have trans-timeline papers? Did delinquent behavior in high school count?
    Gamikai she hoped not. Younger self was a jerk and an idiot.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

"You are quite wordy today. But I guess you always are", Calcifer the Second replies. "Sapience. Such a funny word you people of future past came up with. I take it is in the same vein as your earlier question, do we have souls?" He gestures to a juggernaut behind Jade. "My question to you would be: why does that matter?"

In less than blink of an eye, the juggernaut lifts up a giant iron kanabo and dashes towards Jade, swinging the weapon towards her head.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

"Its a complex idea-"
    She quickly dodges the iron kanabo by jumping out of range. she had to remember that these guys don't like or pause for speeches.
    "-but basically: its this concept where if a person can feel and wonder about themselves and so on, all that complex this or that, that their life has a value that animals do not because technically they're just biological machines that eat and have sex, because people like humans and so on think of more than that-"
    She keeps going out for range to keep dodging. she needed some way of communicating this faster.
    "-No still too complicated. Basically its a complex concept that determines whether I have any right to kill you because abstract thought stuff. Or um....Me hunt animals cause no like human.
    Me no hunt beings who talk because like human. See?"

She draws on her transformation and her prismatic aura bursts forth and covers the skies in rainbows again. Hopes and Dreams begins playing again, not as intense as last time. But no heart windows come this time, and Jade herself remarks as her PL goes up to 150 million
    "Huh. Less intense than last time. Guess super forms follow the same principle as any other experience."
    She frowns at the display, it was still too flashy. Was this light and song show going to happen every time? She need to control this form, regulate its energy. Might take years until she gets that down though.
    "Star blazing!"
    Various big stars rain down upon all the juggernauts and explode into smaller five pointed stars as they impact, in radiating spheres and criss-crossing each other as they do so.
    "I guess another simple way to put it is that we like reasons to not kill beings that are similar to us because then the logic is that we can't be killed as well because of the same reason? Its a consistency thing."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Dodging the blows from the kanabo is a close thing, at first. Spending too much thought on words is indeed taking its toll. Jade gets quicker as her expressions get shorter and more focused. To counter this, two more juggernauts join the fray, swinging axes and swords at her.

Then, she manages to activate her new transformation. The juggernauts almost catch up with her when she's distracted by flashiness of her own powers, then she drives them back with her multi-color bombardment. One of the pursuing juggernauts is hit square in the chest and explodes into pieces. Another has its axe-wielding arm torn off by a smaller star before managing to dodge the rest.

Down below, the 104 other juggernauts are forced to scatter. The surface of Olympus Mons is rapidly filled with small explosions and craters and the surface is obscured by an expanding cloud of dust.

The only one who stays put is Calcifer the Second. The stars just seem to curve around him and fly into another direction when they get near, leaving a large half sphere volume entirely unmolested. "I am obviously capable of talking in a natural language!", he shouts over the chaos. "I presume most people of future past would consider that proof enough of my sapience. But what about that, Miss Jade? You have killed or doomed into suffering beings whose sapience you did not question for a second. Did it make you feel guilty? Is that why you wish for a guilt-free rampage? If not, what difference does my sapience make?"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

She shouts
    "Chaos Sabers!"
    and keeps them ready, parrying and blocking while she talks
    "Not really, its about justice. If your sapient, justice applies. if your not sapient....well your just like an animal: only able to follow the commands of this or that, not really a person, basically
    if you make a robot that only follows orders and doesn't really think or is aware of itself, all it is a very complex machine, an object with movement. You technically didn't do anything worthy of just punishment. So if your not sapient, I'm good you never had any thoughts or feelings in the first place and there is no morality applying to whether you get destroyed or not other than ones relating to property. But if you are, well that means you have rights and thoughts and dreams and that I screwed up and agreed to destroy you all because a god and his musical chairs adoption namekian child wanted it, rather than any GOOD reason like I should have.

Currently, your the one who has the most signs of sapience. Thats why I haven't attacked you. but then again, maybe your a really sophisticated algorithm whatever that can replicate a response without actually being sapient, who knows? Its whole lot of theory that just goes over my head about this sort of thing that I didn't really bother to remember because the whole question is kind of creepy and terrifying to contemplate in general. Though I'm really weirded out that your okay with this, I mean if you had protested I would've not done it, but you didn't. So why? You not programmed with self-preservation?"

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

In what is best described as raw irony, the act of drawing her sabers is what gives two of the juggernauts time to get past her bombardment and into close combat range. First of them swings a flaming chain, the second a golden trident, with which they try to get past her parries to snare and impale her. It's a good thing she's an android, keeping up the talking subroutine along with combat is much easier that way.

"It is simple, Miss Jade! Neither us nor our mission were meant to last forever! We do not define worth of our existences by how long they last!", Calcifer the Second shouts from the ground. "Whether we qualify as sapient or as having souls makes no difference for that! Maybe we will cease to be. Maybe we will find ourselves before Lord Yenma. Both are acceptable!"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-12-16 at 04:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

She lets go of the sabers and flies out of range again, to evade the trident, the thing stabbing only rainbow-colored after images
    "Okay. Guess that is one thing you have that I don't: certainty of purpose. But I'll take my freedom. Anyways,Shocker Breaker"
    She skips any further commentary for just blasting a chaotic surge of rainbow electricity at the juggernauts, trying to make it much more varied and random than when it was being fired at Hailing, then to follow up with something new:
    "Prismatic Saturn!"
    She suddenly forms a rainbow disc much like a kienzan.....but it has a ball of ki in the middle when she throws it, the rainbow colored Saturn will slice through anything in its path then detonates into a sphere of stars flying everywhere.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

The lightning strikes the two juggernauts after her and stops them in their tracks. Then her new attack bisects them both before disappearing into the dust cloud below. A moment later, a prismatic explosion makes the entire Olympus Mons quake and sees a hundred juggernauts flying out of the dust, doing their best to dodge or deflect the smaller stars.

Then she feels something strange. It feels and looks like she's falling towards what remains of the ancient volcano. But if she looks into the horizon, she'll realize the mountain is actually falling up towards her!

"It is more than just clarity of purpose, Miss!" Calcifer the Second shouts, standing on a monumental block of stone getting closer to Jade at accelerating speed. "It is knowledge that, ah, our 'hopes and dreams' will not be destroyed with us! You are still waffling back and forth between whether we are or were your enemies! We know you were and are not one of ours!"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

She isn't bothering to answer anymore. Looks like Jade is taking your advice too much to heart. Or maybe its because your throwing Mars at her. Whichever one. She decides that your her enemy based on the fact that your trying to kill her now. Friends don't throws Mars at friends. THINK! What did she have that could work around this!? Having a rule to not destroy planets is kind of difficult when someone is throwing a planet at you. But dang it, this was her ONE RULE, and she was going to uphold that one principle even if she didn't really uphold any others all that consistently. Maybe... she could borrow an ability?
    "Rainbow Friend Remembrance: Hailing Kinesis!"
    It was questionable to count Hailing as a "friend" but she did have a connection to him based on some understanding and respect of each other and they could've been friends if things were different. So a phantom image of Hailing forms next to her and she imitates his telekinetic movements to stop Mars itself in its tracks. She most certainly did not expect this move to be used this way. She had been expecting to like, use it on Hailing himself to pull out a bunch of attacks from friends she met along the way in a barrage but that never happened.

She then use telekinetic movements to throw Mars back AT them. She really needed her own counter for planets being thrown at her. Definitely develop and master her Instant transmission more so that she can use it to simply dodge something like this. The Hailing phantom fades.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

It's not the entire Mars that's being thrown at her - which she realizes when stopping Mars causes it to be left behind, effectively shooting Jade into high orbit!

The monolithic rubble of Olympus Mons and the Red Planet Army are still flying closer to her, just slower now. Apparently, they are using their own powers to push against the telekinesis to keep pursuing her. When she starts throwing the fragments back at them, they have to scatter again, leaping from fragment to fragment as they collide with each other and shatter into ever smaller pieces. Soon, they are no longer fighting above a mountain, they are fighting in an expanding cloud of space debris high in the orbit of Mars.

Calcifer II himself is visible in the eye of the storm, his foothold cracking and splintering untill it is just a thin pillar of stone. He reaches towards Jade with a closed fist, then opens it. "Planetary transformation!"

A black sphere shoots towards Jade, the cloud of dust and stone pieces warping to follow it. As it gets closer, she feels that strange sensation again...it doesn't feel like the black orb is coming towards her, it feels like she's falling towards it. Her inner ear and other sensors are telling her that "towards the black orb" is her new "down", exceeding meager gravity of Mars at least hundred-fold and increasing.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

OH COME ON! a Black Hole!? One, she could NOT leave that here, and two she COULD NOT be falling in! Ok, Jade time to figure out how to get rid of a black hole. She guessed even her gravity-regulator had its limits. She put her two fingers on her forehead. She was going to attempt something that as far as she knew, never has been done before. If she just Instant Transmission'd away, it would just keep growing as it sucked in matter. So instead she knew, that given that both techniques to manipulate time and techniques to manipulate space were both possible and that time and space were related to one another, and that black hole is a singularity, a warping of time and space.

Wait! Its possible for Black Holes to evaporate, Artic or Beryl once told her. Not even they last forever. It takes like, an incredibly long time, but its possible. For someone determined like Jade, thats all she needs. There is a process to it: pairs of quantum particles and anti-particles can pop in and out of existence for very brief periods of time, now imagine for a brief moment that one of the pairs falls in while the other remains outside. and that these are virtual particles that all for intents and purposes don't physically exist but live for limited amounts of time as long as they obey all conservation laws. and that basically if two pairs has one anti-particle and one particle fall in while the two escape and form a photon. Then the other half of that pair that fell in- stops existing. Even black holes can't cheat the system and have it remain. Small black holes like this one, lose energy even faster this way.

So what she does is reach out with all her magic over space, time and matter -remember her Knight of Time Cosplay does have a technique to stop time for a single object as a ranged block, in addition to her matter Materialization and Instant Transmission techniques have things to do with space- and weave a great lattice of said virtual particle-anti-particle pairs so that they all fall in and block anything else from coming in, half of that lattice falls in and the other half join together and becomes photons, and thus making a flash of light radiate outwards and subtract the mass from the black hole, powerful enough to equal the small black holes mass, thus making it evaporate.
    "Black Hole Evaporation Technique!"
    She then turns to the Juggernauts. She looked a little angry that you tried to suck her into a black hole, but did take a big effort for her to do that. Energy requirements and the fact that it took some mental energy to understand the physics involved.
    "I just......*pant* successfully destroyed a black hole by exploiting....quantum mechanics with a completely new technique......you can all go SUCK IT! "Star blazing!""
    She fires another barrage of shattering stars into smaller stars at the juggernauts and Olympus Mons to destroy it, more furious and powerful than ever before, making their worlds fill with scattering cartoon stellar objects.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-12-17 at 09:23 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

The approaching black sphere indeed disappears in a flash of light, with all that remains being a loose cloud of dust which blows over Jade. Calcifer the Second shrugs. "Technically not a black hole, just an artificial gravity well with superficial properties of one. But congratulations, I suppose." She might notice that while she was working to overcome the technique, the juggernauts used its pull for their benefit to slingshot themselves towards and past her. They're no longer all in one direction, instead they have nearly surrounded her. When she begins firing her stars, they charge towards her, dozens of iron arms swinging flails, hammers, picks, morningstars and such at her. The closer they are to her, the easier time they actually have dodging her stars - it is the more distant juggernauts who get peppered full of holes by the criss-crossing patterns of her projectiles.

Meanwhile, Calcifer floats in the dust cloud, checking a display screen on his arm. <<Full system rundown process has begun. Time till parting: 280 seconds>>, it reads. The stars that fly close to him veer oddly to the side, untill they seem to settle flying in rings around him. Makes him look like a miniature spiral galaxy.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Jade thinks quickly: It was clear that he was constantly trying to keep her off balance and off guard. Keep her on the defensive, pressing the attack, the more time she spends defending herself, the more time she wasn't destroying robots. Good strategy. She felt like she was learning things just by fighting him, did the juggernauts have Yama's skill at fighting somehow? Regardless, she had to break this constant offense. If she just kept being defensive, she'd run out of energy and be unable to use this cosplay to its full potential, as well as die to these robots.

So lets get offensive and unexpected. Jade focuses energy into her feet, forming a prismatic force field around her then yells:
    "KALEIDOSCOPIC SUPERNOVA CHARGE!"
    Instantly she blasts forward, leaving a rainbow trail behind her propelled by the rainbow colored explosion radiating outwards to hit any Juggernaut coming towards where she was by a solid wall of prismatic ki while she bursts through any robot unlucky enough to be in her path of her sudden launch out of the sphere of juggernauts, then using the momentum to speed towards Calcifer clearly up to something, so yells
    "Chaos Sabers!"
    As she gets near and swings at him in a furious chaotic attack of her strange yet smooth dual-sword movements, the dazzling curves and artistic weaving of the blades being punctured by sudden lightning-fast thrusts and jerky out of nowhere chops while the various after images of colors confusingly overlap and cross each other and her movements randomly.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

She actually rockets through the torso of one juggernaut that was just about to hit her head with a giant morningstar. The other juggernauts surrounding her are pushed aside and away from her by the after-effect of her charge, some of their weapons bending or breaking as they crash against the sudden prismatic wall.

Calcifer II sees Jade coming and opens his palms, two hatches opening at his wrists. "Rods of God." Two metallic rods eject from the hatches and he grips them like batons, using them to fend off Jade's onslaught.

The rods soon begin to chip and Jade manages to get a few hits past them, gouging and denting her opponent's armor plating. Jade also coincidentally breaks the clasp that held his cloak in place, and the garment is shredded into pieces which go floating off to space. Calcifer II is hardly less skilled than her, but her speed's keeping him from counter-attacking.

That's when a roughed-up looking juggernaut aims a massive crossbow at her and pulls the trigger, shooting a huge barbed bolt at her.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"Wait, I'm confused can I be hurt by crossb-OOW!! I deserved that."
    She says as she notices the crossbow out of the corner of her eye but given that she knows that ki fighters can defend themselves easily from bullets, doesn't react to the bolt in time and it get stuck in her stomach.
    Note to self: assume big crossbow can hurt you when someone in the know uses it. Seriously was this thing made by Exalts or demigods or something? Did he infuse ki into it? was it magical?

What was even the POINT of using a crossbow or a gun rather than just firing a ki blast in this combat!? Your basically giving the enemy another target to shoot, the ranged weapon requires reloading, you still need to infuse ki into it to make it hurt anybody important, and anyone who sees it would know your packing a weapon and mean to hurt somebody. So the whole thing would be going to a lot of trouble just to fire an arrow and catch someone off guard maybe once! Its simply impractical. And they chastise people for being wordy.

So she turns to the crossbow juggernaut and swings her sabers
    "Chromatic Slasher!"
    Sending out crescent rainbow beams, razor sharp while the juggernaut inevitably reloads to cut it in half. She then flies away from Calcifer and looks at the rest of the juggernauts. Hm, the blunt force just pushed them away? Given that her stars destroyed them just fine, she guessed that she needed to use attacks to pierce through the juggernauts armor. Too diffuse and it wouldn't work. So she sent another barrage of rainbow sword beams at them in sweeping crescents radiating outwards as they get farther outward, thinking the edges will do more damage than the blunt force.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

She's fighting machines designed by a human who invented a perpetual motion machine and a god who invented hyperdimensional architechture. Just the alloys used in the bolt would make Arcosian spaceship engineers salivate. And in near-vacuum like they're in, even a simple-looking mechanism can propel something to disturbing velocities. If the same mechanism had been deployed in an atmosphere like Earth's, friction due to air resistance would've set something on fire. Or possibly cause something to undergo nuclear fusion.

However, as much raw strength as the weapon might've had, perhaps even more important was Jade's own confusion. As her fighting style has evolved, she has increasingly moved from relying on her Android physiology to relying on mystical solutions of Ki and magic. And the thing with those is, the defenses they grant are more active than passive. They require the user to keep their wits about. So when Jade stopped to wonder, for that brief moment, it was mostly just the protections Dr. Gero installed offering resistance to the projectile, rather than her new transformation.

But enough of that. As she tries to take vengeance against the juggernaut who shot her, she finds out she underestimated her opponent. The shooter is well aware of the drawbacks of its weapon and doesn't stop to reload, instead dodging the rainbow arcs with surprising ease.

All of the juggernauts aren't so lucky, Jade manages to bisect one as it is in the middle of fixing its leg. Wait... fixing its leg?

As Jade takes her attention away from Calcifer II for a moment, she sees that the rest of the army weren't standing idly by. The juggernaut that had lost its arm detached an intact one from the juggernaut that had its torso destroyed, then took that juggernaut's helmet/head and attached it to a third juggernaut that had its head blown off. Others captured pieces of their broken comrades and used them to repair and reinforce their weapons. Some juggernauts clearly went from simple fixes to on-the-fly upgrades, as there now seems to be some juggernauts with three or four arms and several faces.

Of course, her sword slashes force them to stop their work and focus on dodging.

Meanwhile, behind Jade, Calcifer II points up with his left baton, chipped as it is. "Stellar Transformation!"

Suddenly, all of the bright little stars that were still orbiting him rush and collapse towards a single point apparently above his head. Once again, Jade's senses kindly inform her of her new "down", though the feeling's not quite dramatic as last time since she's further away. Looking that way might not be wise, as Calcifer II's technique apparently cleared a sphere of space from debris and lingering Ki attacks, fusing them into a big ball of plasma that's as bright as Taiyōken.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. This was getting insane. Self-upgrading juggernauts, an attack she can't look at, and now more gravity shenanigans. They can repair themselves fast enough to do it combat, that was bad. But the Stellar Transformation was what took priority. She sheathes her Chaos Sabers, and brings her palms together while close her eyes to keep herself from being blinded. She draws upon a lot of her power and calls out:
    "Ultimate Technique: Hyper Goner!"
    Suddenly her hands became a great vacuuming force in a big cone, the power draining attack expanding to encompass a bigger and bigger area, the stellar transformation or big ki ball finds itself being drawn in, energy caught in the vacuuming force just falling into her palms and re-energizing her, the light from the sphere being the first signs of this happening, the light being visibly sucked in and beginning to darken the area around her, you also observe that matter caught within is starting to lose energy at a slower rate, after all drainer hands can drain things from matter as well, the juggernauts of course with infinity engines won't run out of energy from this but that just means Jade can just infinitely re-energize herself by sucking energy from them. Thing is, Hyper Goner is much more powerful and faster than normal draining, so once she is fully re-energized the excess will spill outright into permanently raising her PL.

She anticipated that she would use it against Hailing to prevent him from blowing up a planet, but he used telekinesis and what she wasn't sure whether telekinetic energy counted for sucking in using Hyper Goner. So she went for the safer bet of using that beam. That and she hadn't much time to use this attack given that people seem to be catching onto her drainer hands defense and just not using ki attacks when around her, which was advantageous but also annoying.

Though since its such a powerful vacuum it might suck in matter as well and convert it to energy by tearing it apart through the sheer pull of it. Jade wasn't actually sure, this was technically the first time she used the technique at all, so there was a lot she wasn't sure about it yet. She knew that it would suck in big ki blasts and that it was probably too dangerous to use when allies are in the way since they would get caught in the draining effect to, which was another reason to be careful about using this. This attack wasn't discriminating. Heck, it might not even be a good idea to use it within a living planet's atmosphere. One things for certain, once she got powerful enough, she'd have to be careful to not point it at any planets or stars.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

The Red Planet Army stare as Jade absorbs the miniature star. For metallic constructs that have very limited ability to change facial expressions, they manage to look surprisingly disappointed.

"Well I suppose it was about time you remembered you could do that", Calcifer the Second says. This is actually biggest of reasons why the Army has been relying on projectiles and weapons instead of Ki blasts or lasers: they expected Jade would just drain them.

But, maybe they can benefit from this. Calcifer II points both rods towards Jade. "Planetary Transformation!" Jade ought to feel a bit funny. It's like she suddenly became center of the goddamn universe, with everything revolving around her. She might realize that by drawing in the star, she also draw its artificial gravity core closer to herself. Now, Calcifer II is using that to make her into the core of the technique. Sure enough, all the loose bits of Olympos Mons, all the leftover debris from the destoyed juggernauts, and all lingering Ki attacks start to fall towards her at accelerating speed. Her Hyper Gones actually amplifies the effect. If it can't tear apart all the matter, she will soon become center of a hyperdense sphere of superheated rock.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah "superheated" nothing, all that heats getting sucked in faster than it can heat up. As the Hyper Goner gets stronger from her PL going up little by little. Kinetic, thermal, sonic, spectral, all forms of energy just fell into her palms, and when those were done all thats lefts was draining energy from the atoms themselves- you see, matter holds actually a lot of energy. The weak, the strong nuclear forces, these are energy too, and when nothing else is left, those little bonds are drained away at to, all the energy fading away from the atoms until the bonds that hold them together simply fade away, losing cohesion and form. The matter disappears into dust, the Hyper Goner an ever devouring maw. One could realize that this power was more terrifying than it first seemed. In it held the potential for all matter, all energy to be devoured, the entire universe drained away, until not even coldness is left and all things ending with not a bang but a whimper. No more heat and no more radiance, at the end of the day there's just silence.

There was something foreboding about it, as if it was a hint of what was to come, a hint of something that the juggernauts will never see at this rate.

"Did you honestly think I wouldn't remember? I get a notification every day in her eyes telling me to drain more energy to replenish herself, its basically how I EAT. Does anyone just forget to eat food? I thought not." She spins around, draining more matter into nothing to make sure she got every side, draining them all apart until she is sure she got them all and stops. It seems she is now a little more powerful and re-energized from that. The downside of the technique is that she couldn't do anything else while doing it of course, and her fighting style had gotten pretty ranged based to exploit the fact that she can fire ranged attacks and her foes cannot so she had to stop eventually to fire blasts again.
    "Well. Now that I proved my own fears right about my draining abilities and the fact that I'm basically a universe vampire, lets get on with it, shall we? Chaos Buster!"
    She conjures the floating white cannon and begins firing off big rainbow beam after rainbow beam at the juggernauts, taking advantage of her new gravity to pull them into her beams while she flies about nimbly leaving a rainbow trail behind her, focusing on making it stay around as a consistent weapon this time.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2017-12-22 at 02:48 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

"What, you were afraid of your powers?", Calcifer the Second says with honest surprise. "What you do is just what all other lifeforms do, just on a grander, more efficient way. Well, okay, I suppose we don't do that. If it bothers you that much, we can just turn you back into a human." He is stopped by a sudden beep coming from his arm display. He quickly checks it. <<Full system rundown in progress. 60 seconds till parting.>>

The other juggernauts have surrounded Jade while she was chewing down the matter falling towards her. As she correctly estimated, they are invulnerable to her energy draining ability - they apparently emanate some sort of force field which is constantly replenished by their perpetual motion engines. She can siphon energy from that, but it's peanuts compared to what she got from devouring the ministar and remains of Olympus Mons.

Then Jade gets on the move again, her shots dispersing the absolutely cold dust still clinging on her. She might notice a funny effect: her own, personal gravity is so great that her rainbow beams arch and start falling back towards her. However, as she is so small and moving so fast that they all inevitably miss by a bit - so they end up forming rainbow ribbons around her.

The juggernauts are unaffected by her gravity. She might figure out that they all, like Calcifer II, have some sort of gravity control devices which allow them to fly. However, as the orbits around her get more and more crowded, the army is pushed further and further back. There's not enough space for them to maneuver through.

A projectile might get through, however. And it seems Jade can't absorb projectiles and shoot at the same time. And her increased gravity is pulling everything towards her.

Well then.

The army start shooting at her, starting with any kinetic weapons they still have left and then continuing with repulsor beams shot from their palms when they run out of those. Calcifer the Second throws his rods towards Jade and then ejects dozens more untill he has none left. Then: "Jettison cargo!"

Hatches open across his body - not all, though, some got jammed because Jade hit them earlier. Out of them, loads of capsules get ejected - and then those capsules open, spilling out thousands of black cubes with red dots on the surface. They were made put of spare spaceship parts Calcifer II had leftover from the fleet Slushie bought him. So what does an army-leading machine man make out of leftover ship parts?

Why, bombs, of course! Lots and lots of bombs!

Space is soon filled with explosions caused by Jade's beams meeting with projectiles, beams, bombs and the occasional juggernaut that was too slow to dodge. It would be quite a sight to see from surface of Mars.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Jade swore inwardly and then did the only thing that would get her out of this: Instant Transmission. She teleports away from the trap to the other side of Mars, though she has sustained damage from some of the projectiles hitting her as she focused on getting out.
    "Oh-kaaaaay, that was a close one. Yeah, that was stupid of me, I did not account for how the gravity would affect my own beam. What do? I've been doing everything I can yet there is
    still too much of them. If only I could find a way to reduce their numbers more..... But then Calcifer keeps doing things that throw me off.....

I got distracted by the fact that he is the one that talks. I should went for him first the moment he told me why they were ok with this. None of the other juggernauts seem to be doing his gravity shenanigans, so he is the one to take out."

She unsheathes her Chaos Sabers, then Instant Transmissions again, pushing her limits to appear behind Calicer and try to bisect him in half with her blades in a sneak attack.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

When Jade uses Instant Transmission to escape the trap, all the various things orbiting her go flying off on various tangents. Calcifer the Second takes a moment to ensure nothing really disastrous will hit Mars. Majority of the surviving juggernauts instantly get to reassembling themselves, while the dozen that still are relatively intact scan the surrounding volume of space. "This unit cannot discern where he went", a four-armed juggernaut wielding four different kinds of swords transmits.

"She's on the other side of Mars. I can track her increased gravity", Calcifer II replies, his eyes wandering between his arm display and the rainbow beams disappearing into dark expanse of space. "Don't worry. She'll be back."

How pretty they are, those beams. He wonders if one day, some starfaring civilization will see them passing by and wonder, where did they come from? Or will they eventually disperse and fade into the cosmic background radiation, just like all signals eventually do? Like every moment of beauty, swept aside by the grand hand of entropy?

A beep from his arm display snaps him out of it. <<System Rundown 99.9% complete. Time till parting: 10...9... 8...>> Calcifer the Second shakes his head and closes it.
    "Wake up. Time to die."

That's when Jade appears behind him and cuts him in half. The four-armed juggernaut is immediately on her, using the moment when her vision's blocked by Calcifer II's body to strike through the very wound she created, aiming to stop her from recovering her sabres from the strike while stabbing her in the chest with one motion.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2017-12-24 at 08:18 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"To answer your question as quick as I can:"
    She says as she hears him count down, she gets stabbed then jumps back a little.
    "Fear and courage are two sides of the same coin. Its a mistake to think they are opposed. A healthy fear keeps me responsible and away from the dangers of pride and overconfidence."
    She didn't know whether Calcifer heard her, but she liked to think that she answered the question in time for him to hear.

She then says
    "Chaos Buster"
    Once again and begins firing upon all the juggernauts left, starting with the one in front of her then firing more and more outwards.