New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Tenno! A new alert has begun, and will be marked on navigation!

Warframe.

It has a lot of words in it's description; free-to-play, third-person, PvE, MMO-shooter with an advanced parkour-based movement system, wherein you play a cyborg-robot-ninja. In space.

This is a link to the Warframe Wiki. You are going to need this if you're wanting to make any kind of significant progress through the solar system. If you find the Wiki full of detail but a bit more vague about direction - WHERE you should go, rather than how you should get there - please consider browsing The Warframe Handbook, a home made (and far more newbie-friendly) guide to the Solar System.
    If you simply need a quick answer to a question, or are looking for a squad or need a Clan to join, there are plenty of active Tenno in The Playground who can guide you.

Spoiler: PC Tenno
    Show
    GitP Username Warframe ID Clan Name
    Brother Oni BrotherOni Black Lotus
    FireJustice FireJustice SomethingWeabu no Tenno
    Grif Grifen88 -
    IFenrys Fenrys Consortium of Shadow
    Lethologica Lethal_Logic Eidolon Memorial
    mangosta71 Thasaidon -
    McDouggal McDouggal Space Ninjas of Love
    thatSeniorGuy thatSeniorGuy Void Zeroes
    Wraith TheInfernalContraption Union J
    Recaiden Recaiden -
    Tome TamsinPrime -
    AmberVael AmberVael -
    Archpaladin Zousha Belshamin -

Spoiler: XBox Tenno
    Show
    GitP Username Warframe ID Clan Name
    Beowulf DW MechaBeowulf DW -

If you wish to be added to the list of active players, please feel free to add your details in the thread and it will be added to the OP.

PLEASE NOTE: that we try to keep the thread SPOILER FREE regarding missions and lore, so if you want to know about the Quests or the "5th Ability" then please be considerate and do so within spoiler tags.

FREE STUFF! In your Lander, go to the Market Screen and look in the bottom right for the button marked "REDEEM CODE". Once open, type in the code to receive a free gift.
    Spoiler
    Show
    FREESWORD - Free (and I think potato'd) Heat Sword with weapon slot
    FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N - Vectis skin (expires on 15 Feb 2018)

Glyph Codes:
    TACTICALPOTATO
    BIKEMAN
    SP00NERISM
    ADMIRALBAHROO
    PROFESSORBROMAN
    IFLYNN
    MOGAMU
    SKILLUP
    ORIGINALWICKEDFUN
    STRIPPIN
    TOTALN3WB

Spoiler: Previous Threads
    Show

What were we just talking about....?
    • Where to find Juggernauts, and the best way to kill them?
    • Are you looking for a Clan? Do you already have one with room for new members?
    • Mirage Prime is the newest Warframe - a worthwhile 'frame, or would you have preferred someone else?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-12-03 at 10:31 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Best way to kill Juggernaut is to go to a low level Infested mission, wait for him to rear up and shoot him in the belly. At higher levels, his spines will one shot you (I once got shotted through a 6k hp Rhino Iron Skin), have a dodgy hitbox and a nasty tendency to glitch through cover.

To that end, ideally fight him on Grineer tilesets as they tend to be more open the Corpus maps - Eris is probably one of the worst places to fight a Juggernaut, outside of a Sortie.

To Wraith: Do we want to mention the referral links system, or is that regarded as a bit of an unfair advantage, since any Tenno that use your referral link with be your recruits; any platinum that one of your recruits buys, you get a free 10% added straight to your account.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Any suggestions for unlocking this? Best idea I have is Rhino and run around like a maniac for 5 minutes.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

4. - Top - End - #4

NinjaGuy

Yeah, Rhino would be my first thought. Nova's 4 is also an option, they can't kill you if they can't move.
    Or Loki/Ivara. They can't kill you if they can't see you. Actually Ivara might be even better, you can use her prowl to steal life support modules off of enemies without killing them.

To add to the OP: Username is thatSeniorGuy, clan is Void Zeroes. Also, should we add in timezones/regions to that table? Might make it easier for people to play together.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2017-12-15 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post

Any suggestions for unlocking this? Best idea I have is Rhino and run around like a maniac for 5 minutes.
    Nidus or Inaros might work, too?

Also, If I could have MechaBeowulf DW added as part of an Xbox One Tenno section in the OP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Ivara all the way for that Riven. With a really weak melee weapon so you can pop containers for more chances at modules but don't have to worry about accidentally hitting an enemy. You can use the wiki to find a list of survival missions sorted by enemy level, and you only have to last 5 minutes. Do it solo, because you'll also fail it if anyone in your group kills an enemy.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

7. - Top - End - #7

Ivara, a Sentinel (for vacuum) and a suppressed weapon or two. break all the containers you see for drops and pick pockets.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Also recommending solo Ivara, sentinel with Vacuum and either a supressed or a short range melee weapon for crates. I also highly recommend Adaro on Sedna since it's Grineer; Infested have a bad habit of spraying poison everywhere even when suspicious and Corpus Nullifiers pop their shields on the same alert status (Scrambulus mess up your UI on proximity but only turn your powers off when suspicious or above).

Don't forget to take the weapon/attack protocol off the sentinel (you don't want to risk that killing anything if you break stealth by accident) and don't forget to equip the riven (don't ask me how many times I've forgotten to do that... ).

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Any recommendations for a Riven requiring a solo interception mission with level 30 enemies?
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

If you have no trouble killing lots of dudes: Nova, any grineer planet but Uranus, and wormhole between towers.

If you do have trouble killing lots of dudes, Zephyr, same planet considerations. Her 3 will keeps you safe from bullets, and enemies affected by 4 essentially count as "not there". You can capture a tower full of enemies without firing a shot, and they need insane luck to recapture it before the tornadoes expire.

My preferred method of mass murder of mid-level Grineer would be a long whip (like Atterax) and/or AoE gun (like Amprex).
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

11. - Top - End - #11

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    To Wraith: Do we want to mention the referral links system, or is that regarded as a bit of an unfair advantage, since any Tenno that use your referral link with be your recruits; any platinum that one of your recruits buys, you get a free 10% added straight to your account.
    I didn't know anything about that until you mentioned it, but sure! It's hardly cheating if that's what it's for, and if it helps out Playgrounders then it takes all of 5 seconds to edit the tables

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Any recommendations for a Riven requiring a solo interception mission with level 30 enemies?
    I honestly found this one surprisingly easy. The mission I chose was a Syndicate mission, which I'm reasonably sure scales the amount of enemies to single player better than normal missions - or at least I felt like it does. If anything, by the halfway point of each round I found myself actively hunting for things to kill, as they were arriving in such slow trickles!

I did it with my 4* Soma Prime so I was one-shotting everything that wasn't a Bursa, but any kind of crowd-control weapon will work just as well; Synoid Simulor, Secura Penta, or even a Sonicor so that what enemies you don't kill, you can move off the capture points with the blast radius.

The warframe that I used was Hydroid and it seemed very well suited. His 3 let me recharge my shields and stop enemies from conflicting when I was capturing, and his 1 and 4 kept a point clear while I worked on another, but you can do the latter with any 'frame that has a persistent power that can kill enemies while you are elsewhere. Vauban, Frost, Limbo, Zephyr and Ember are all ideal.

If you're still getting stuck, there's plenty of YouTube videos showing how to do it in real time. This one is pretty comprehensive, though it pre-dates Plains of Eidolon. There's a couple of tricks that you can do on the plains that make some challenges especially easy, but otherwise it's fine.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2017-12-16 at 02:22 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    The easiest option would be slow Nova and a big gun as theMycon said, although the only Grineer Interception mission with a high enough starting level is Berehynia, which is has a very open map; this makes it good for wormholing but bad if you can't kill them quickly as there's very little cover between the points on the upper levels.

Other options include a high power strength/reach Ember (kill everything with fire), a range and duration Nyx (control and tie everybody up while you cap), a Repelling Bastille/Vortex build Vauban (lock down each point when you're not there), Ivara (lure things with your noise arrow then sleep arrow them while the capture points rack up) or Limbo (Cataclysm each console as enemies in the rift can't interact with real world objects.

If you're still having problems, then take advantage of the AI (How to solo Interception missions), but I prefer shooting and stabbing things.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I didn't know anything about that until you mentioned it, but sure! It's hardly cheating if that's what it's for, and if it helps out Playgrounders then it takes all of 5 seconds to edit the tables
    Here's the details of the referral program.

Other goodies that could also go into the first post: these links for free stuff are also still working as far as I know (enter them on the main Warframe website):

FREESWORD - Free (and I think potato'd) heat sword with weapon slot
    FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N - Vectis skin, expires on 15 Feb 2018

Glyph Codes;
    TACTICALPOTATO
    BIKEMAN
    SP00NERISM
    ADMIRALBAHROO
    PROFESSORBROMAN
    IFLYNN
    MOGAMU
    SKILLUP
    ORIGINALWICKEDFUN

I honestly found this one surprisingly easy. The mission I chose was a Syndicate mission, which I'm reasonably sure scales the amount of enemies to single player better than normal missions - or at least I felt like it does. If anything, by the halfway point of each round I found myself actively hunting for things to kill, as they were arriving in such slow trickles!
    I didn't think Syndicate missions met the level 30 requirement for that riven, unless they're multiple round interceptions.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2017-12-16 at 03:06 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

NecromancerGirl

My riven was for a heat sword. At least it was easy to unlock.

Here's the details of the referral program.

Other goodies that could also go into the first post: these links for free stuff are also still working as far as I know (enter them on the main Warframe website):
    Nice. I wish I'd known about this back when my brother switched from ps4 to pc.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

14. - Top - End - #14

Griffon

Good call, will add it as soon as I get chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni
    I didn't think Syndicate missions met the level 30 requirement for that riven, unless they're multiple round interceptions.
    *shrug* Don't know what to tell you. I did a Genius-level Syndicate mission for Suda, and ended up with a crappy Riven for a Torid. It wasn't particularly worth the effort, but I distinctly remember it have level 30 in the title - either 25 to 30 or 30 to 35.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

My Riven mod demands I kill five sentients. I'm guessing my options are either to do the Plains of Eidolon or to run the Natah quest. Unfortunately I refuse to do the Natah quest until I complete Sands of Inaros. So I guess I will start trying to get a taxi to Eris.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    My Riven mod demands I kill five sentients. I'm guessing my options are either to do the Plains of Eidolon or to run the Natah quest. Unfortunately I refuse to do the Natah quest until I complete Sands of Inaros. So I guess I will start trying to get a taxi to Eris.
    Plains won't help you anyway, you need to clear War Within to get the thing to actually kill vomvalysts.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Spamalot in the Playground

Can we add that Warframe Handbook from the last thread to the OP?

I'm still chipping the rust off my Tenno and finished the Jackal boss with generous help from a pretty powerful party. Now I'm starting the Once Awake quest. Thanks to Twitch I have a free Frost Prime that I'm leveling, complete with a sweet axe and machine gun. My sidearm (kunai) sucks, but I'm crafting something that I hope will replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

...or Limbo (Cataclysm each console as enemies in the rift can't interact with real world objects)...
    Okay. Limbo is one that I actually have, though I don't use him much. I just can't seem to figure this frame out.

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

Speaking of the Kunai, I rerolled that riven a few times and ended with +119.8% Toxin and +181.2% Multishot when ranked up to full (and +129.6 ammo max and -51.5 damage to infested, but that's not too relevant) and it was kinda hilarious seeing mooks on Hydron dying to a Kunai of all things. Thanks to its miserable crit and status values I don't think it will every be useful in sorties, but it's still funny to watch

@Beowulf, if you're so inclined there's this video on how to use Limbo. I use him as a "lock down an area" frame; Cataclysm + Stasis means, for example, that nothing's ever going to touch that mobile defence objective (or interception console) if you don't want it to.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Speaking of the Kunai, I rerolled that riven a few times and ended with +119.8% Toxin and +181.2% Multishot when ranked up to full (and +129.6 ammo max and -51.5 damage to infested, but that's not too relevant) and it was kinda hilarious seeing mooks on Hydron dying to a Kunai of all things. Thanks to its miserable crit and status values I don't think it will every be useful in sorties, but it's still funny to watch
    Given that you can fit Concealed Explosives on a Kunai, you can always give it to an operative.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

'Ey, new thread!

Mind adding me to the PC Tenno table again? IGN is Fenrys, clan is Consortium of Shadow.

Oh, and there's one more thread for the Previous Threads section, the one that started it all: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...the-Playground
    Last edited by IFenrys; 2017-12-17 at 12:19 PM.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

22. - Top - End - #22

Today I learned that operatives DO use mods, how to play with my dog while running a sortie, and that it's easier to reach the alternator belt tensioner on a Honda Accord from underneath.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, operatives and hostages seem to get the benefits of all the mods you have installed, and don't seem to have a maximum ammo cap. Also, I think your weapon gains affinity from kills they get.

The Riven that I got was for a Plasma Sword. It features making slide attacks guaranteed crits and reducing crit damage practically to 0.

Also, yeah, these Rivens from Gift of the Lotus alerts still assume that you've done the quests that enable you to obtain more. To kill Sentients you need access to either Lua or spoiler-mode, both of which you would unlock before obtaining a Riven normally. I imagine it's pretty frustrating to get one with a challenge that's literally impossible at your current stage of progression.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Also, yeah, these Rivens from Gift of the Lotus alerts still assume that you've done the quests that enable you to obtain more. To kill Sentients you need access to either Lua or spoiler-mode, both of which you would unlock before obtaining a Riven normally. I imagine it's pretty frustrating to get one with a challenge that's literally impossible at your current stage of progression.
    I think of it as a goal to aim for, kinda like how Rhino used to be unbuildable until you reached approximately Jupiter, barring lucky alerts (these days, you can get him just after Phobos), but you could get his components as early as Venus.

If there's something that Warframe needs to help the New Player Experience, then clear goals to aim for would be one of them; the 'new' Start Chart and the Junction requirements is a very good framework, it just needs a bit more interaction with the lore (or just bringing back the old events as storyline quests that are rewarded from Junctions, like The Second Dream or The New Strange).

That said, a decent tutorial for some of the basic game mechanics would be far more worthwhile in my opinion. They've made steps in the right direction (e.g. introducing the gear wheel and codex scanners in the Saya's Vigil quest, which is in the 4th node from the very start), it's just that somebody needs to sit down and put them together as a connected whole. Steve Sinclair, DE's creative director, restarting his Sunday playthrough streams, would be an excellent endeavour to that end.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2017-12-17 at 03:21 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    The Riven that I got was for a Plasma Sword. It features making slide attacks guaranteed crits and reducing crit damage practically to 0.
    Sad Trombone sound.

I have had no luck with Rerolling Rivens recently ~ two lots of Kuva from Sorties have ended with two mediocre rivens being slightly less or more mediocre after 5 rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #26

NinjaGuy

27. - Top - End - #27

Griffon

Some good news for me today. I decided to 'what the hell' it and asked Digital Extremes about the possibility of being set as the Warlord for my nigh-empty Clan. There's no official provision for it, and their usual policy is to leave Clans to sort out problems amongst themselves, but since some of my clan haven't been online in over 250 days it seems they took pity on me: I'm now Warlord of my own Clan, thanks to having single-handedly researched over 50% of the tech available and not wanting to abandon my investment!

I need to do a bit of remodelling since the current layout sucks, so I'll be farming Forma like a madman for a couple of weeks, but I can now approve of new members to Union J. If anyone would like to drop in and pick up some blueprints - we have just about everything apart from the Hema and the Ignis Wraith (even *I* couldn't muster up enough solo playtime to qualify for that when it can around ) - then you're welcome to do so, commitment free.

We're *not* the official Warframe Clan-in-the-Playground, but it's an open invite to Playgrounders to stick around as long as they like, if they wish.

28. - Top - End - #28

They tend to do that if you ask them, the clan I'm a Warlord for had enough of an absent leader so they asked and had a new one installed and then made me 2iC. The original clan leader has been back twice since then (most recently after a 540ish day break....) We also changed our name which i believe caused a bit of consternation with him but you leave for a long period of time then you have to accept that people are active will do what they feel is better.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #29

Griffon

I considered asking to change the name of Union J, but I'm very much aware that I have usurped command of someone else' Clan without their permission, and they had to be notified of that by DE. I doubt anything will come of it, but I thought it at least polite to wait until any objections were raised and dealt with before I started gutting the place and completely rebuilding it in my own image

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

If anyone would like to drop in and pick up some blueprints - we have just about everything apart from the Hema and the Ignis Wraith (even *I* couldn't muster up enough solo playtime to qualify for that when it can around ) - then you're welcome to do so, commitment free.
    Speaking of which, if anybody on PC would like an Ignis Wraith BP, just catch me in game and I can provide it free of charge (well, a common module since the mechanics requires that something has to be exchanged in a trade).

Unfortunately the Hema can't be traded and my clan is currently full up.

I considered asking to change the name of Union J, but I'm very much aware that I have usurped command of someone else' Clan without their permission, and they had to be notified of that by DE. I doubt anything will come of it, but I thought it at least polite to wait until any objections were raised and dealt with before I started gutting the place and completely rebuilding it in my own image
    Especially since these people come to mind when I hear your clan name...

Spoiler: Union J
    Show
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2017-12-19 at 11:02 AM.