New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

I hope they don't wreck the UI It works well as it is and i have dire worries looking at that new one
    Last edited by Leon; 2018-06-11 at 11:15 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #392
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I hope they don't wreck the UI It works well as it is and i have dire worries looking at that new one
    There's been major complaints about the new controller UI on console and PC; however DE are taking all the criticism and plugging through improvements and fixes, so with the new shiny UI, I'd expect some teething problems for the first couple weeks before they fix it.

They couldn't make the market interface any worse than it already is after the last time it was tweaked (famous last words!).

3. - Top - End - #393

A bad UI can drive people away from a game ~ Ark used to have a nice workable UI and then it changed to the horrible blue mess it has now and the UI is one of the few unmoddable things so people cant even fix it.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #394
    Troll in the Playground

It would be nice to have an option to perma-toggle the squad display so I wouldn't have to turn it on every mission.

I'd also like to have fast travel to Maroo and Baro.

About the only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is the ability to put weapons in a custom order so I don't have to scroll through pages of mastery fodder in order to swap between the 3 or 4 that I actually use.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    It would be nice to have an option to perma-toggle the squad display so I wouldn't have to turn it on every mission.
    There is. I'll update this post with where the option is hiding when I get off work.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

7. - Top - End - #397

NinjaGuy

Warning: hype approaching critical levels
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

8. - Top - End - #398

Griffon

As there is a new story-driven expansion due imminently, I was curious to ask this of other players; when you are engaging in the story missions, does anyone else deliberately use the same warframe and/or wargear setup each time?

It's something that I've done since I decided on my favourite Warframe. I tend to think of them as "my character" in the same way that other games have a fixed protagonist, or a game like WoW has "your character" until you create a new alt. It doesn't bother me that my choice might be sub-optimal and that under normal circumstances I'd be better off changing it up to better defeat the enemies (especially the first time that I met Sentients in Natah!) but I very much enjoy the sense of continuity from mission to mission.
    In head-canon, my Tenno "is" Hydroid; *she* was the one who first discovered the Reservoir, was impaled by Stalker, and broke War through unexpected force of will.

It might be a strange act of projecting; Maybe it's the fact that Hydroid is one of the few Warframes with an actual face. But still... It's Hydroid who will take his Soma, his Sonicor and his Boltace after Ballas, and see where it takes us.

Anyone else?
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    As there is a new story-driven expansion due imminently, I was curious to ask this of other players; when you are engaging in the story missions, does anyone else deliberately use the same warframe and/or wargear setup each time?
    Yup, I do too. My 'Tenno' is Rhino (although I've since upgraded to Rhino Prime), with the Galatine (upgraded to Broken War then Galatine Prime now Guandao), Vaykor Marelok and Tiberon (now Vaykor Hek).

TL:DR: RHINO STRONK!

10. - Top - End - #400

NinjaGuy

THATSENIORGUY'S RHINO* ALSO STRONK, WITH TIGRIS**, TWIN GRAKATA*** AND ORTHOS****.

* Rhino Prime now
    ** Tigris Prime
    *** Akstiletto Prime
    **** At least, I think I was using the Orthos when I was doing stuff around TSD. Now I'm using a Plague Kripath based status Zaw.

I took Rhino into quests cause you could survive pretty much anything without having to be, you know, good at videogames . Now I RP that my operator just feels more comfortable using Rhino when going to unfamiliar areas.

Spoiler: Up to Apostasy Spoilers
    Show

And he's certainly going to need that comfort now, on his quest to get Spacemum back.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

11. - Top - End - #401

My setup has been:

Zephyr (now prime)
    Gorgon
    Seer
    Tipedo

Although with the Zephyr rework I might reconsider the guns.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

12. - Top - End - #402

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    * Rhino Prime now
    ** Tigris Prime
    *** Akstiletto Prime
    Well... Hydroid Prime, Telos Boltace and Soma Prime since they came out, of course. Frankly they can't release Sonicor Prime/Wraith fast enough for me

13. - Top - End - #403
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I am legion
    Or how I learned to stop fearing the nullifier bubble and embrace the space-ninja-murder-hobo lifestyle

In the beginning of the young Tenno's career, there was but one apparent frame to use. It was not true that there was only one frame, however the operator's acquaintances on teamspeak informed the operator that the other options were easier to farm and worse at fighting the first enemies one would encounter on the initial terminus of Mercury. With that in mind, the operator began his career in kicking butt and taking names as an Excalibur.

And that's as much rambley, vaguely Tolkin-esque writing as I can do at a time.

By the in game stats, my default setup is Oberon, Penta, Marelok and Orthos P.

I've been mostly using Frost P and Nyx P for running stuff lately (since I came back to the game a few months back), with the combination of a BFG (sancti tigris, vaykor hek, boltor p), a hand cannon (Lex P, Vaykor Marelok, Sonicor) and orthos P, Jat Kittag, Scindo P or Broken War as my stick to hit stuff with.
    Long-form Sig

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Hadn't thought about it in-character, but since my primary frame for when I'm serious about winning is Inaros, I suppose the same would be true for my Tenno. Statistically, my most used loadout is the Ignis Wraith, Vaykor Marelok, Jat Kittag and Helios Prime, though I've now got a couple of weapons that beat out the Ignis for room clearing, since I've got Rivens for the Amprex and Arca Plasmor.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ogre in the Playground

Well... Hydroid Prime, Telos Boltace and Soma Prime since they came out, of course. Frankly they can't release Sonicor Prime/Wraith fast enough for me
    Isn't Sonicor Corpus? That'd make it Vandal. An important distinction, I know.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2018-06-14 at 05:59 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406

NinjaGuy

IT'S HAPPENING

My launcher's updating at the moment. Unfortunately I must wait a couple of hours before I can jump on my computer again. Oh the horror!

17. - Top - End - #407

Massive, MASSIVE spoilers for Sacrifice. Seriously, it's HUGE spoilers.

Spoiler: DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT COMPLETED SACRIFICE
    Show
    Ballas turned traitor and joined the Sentients in an attempt to get them back for the execution of Margulis.

Warframes, at least the first ones (not necessarily the ones we build) used to be people. The Helminth Infirmary room in the Orbiter, specifically the equipment in it (or at least similar equipment) was used to transform the people into the masses of infested flesh.

Warframes themselves are grown, not built.

WHAT THE HECK IS THAT DEAL WITH SPACEMOM?

Umbral mods seem to have similar Endo upgrade costs to Primed mods (so, ridiculously expensive).

SERIOUSLY, THE HELL HAPPENED TO SPACEMOM?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

So, Umbral Excalibur is cool.

Unfortunately, now I need 200k endo. And I need to sink time into formaing exalted weapons, though I'm looking forward to playing with the combos for Excal and Valk.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

19. - Top - End - #409

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: Sacrifice Spoilers
    Show

WHERE IN VAY HEK'S FLAMING ULCERS IS SPACEMUM I WANT HER BACK NOW DE OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES

Cool story with Ballas and ... I can't believe I've forgotten Umbra's pre-Warframe name already. Komi? Or something like that? Not too surprised about the origins of Warframes, the theory has been floating around for a while now. Nice to get confirmation though, and it's nice to see what an ass Ballas is/was.
    Bit disappointed that we didn't see/can't interact more with Helminth now that we know it's role.
    And I think my thoughts about Lotus and her lack of not being with us are clear.

My wild speculation is that the Sentient "around" the Lotus was Natah herself. Since we know now that Ballas and Hunhow were all cosy, it's possible he made a deal with him/Natah to preserve Margulis? Or something like that? As usual, DE have left plenty of open questions.

So, some wild speculation: Lotus/Natah/whatevs said something about going into 'the big black' and returning home to mother (something along those lines, I'm going to rewatch the quest when I have the time). Umbra's "Umbral" mods have something called 'Tau' resist, and his Exalted Blades have the "Sacrificial" mods that do extra damage to Sentients. The reveal at this year's Tennocon will be that we're travelling to the Tau system and messing up some Sentients over there and we'll get Spacemum back OR THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES DE

At least all the Anasa sculptures that have been collecting dust were put to good use.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2018-06-15 at 01:51 AM.

20. - Top - End - #410

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Isn't Sonicor Corpus? That'd make it Vandal. An important distinction, I know.
    In over 500 days of playing, I had honestly never noticed that pattern. I mean, it makes perfect sense, but it simply hadn't ever occurred to me.

I missed the launch as I was on Daddy Duty and couldn't afford to play something that I couldn't pause, but I shall make time tonight, I think. I know so little about Umbra that I feel like I'm going to learn a lot all in one go.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm a little surprised Stalker didn't appear in this at all. It's looking very likely that he's one of the Umbra frames.
    =====

22. - Top - End - #412

NinjaGuy

I missed the launch as I was on Daddy Duty and couldn't afford to play something that I couldn't pause, but I shall make time tonight, I think. I know so little about Umbra that I feel like I'm going to learn a lot all in one go.
    You can pause the game while it's in Solo mode, if that matters. And don't worry, you'll be learning a lot about Umbra

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    I'm a little surprised Stalker didn't appear in this at all. It's looking very likely that he's one of the Umbra frames.
    Huh, me too now that you mention it. Definitely possible.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2018-06-16 at 08:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #413

Spoiler tags. Use them.

Spoiler: undefined
    Show
    I'm expecting more Umbral mods in the future - it looks like Umbral Intensity is going to be the Primed Intensify. It's entirely possible that we'll get an Umbral Streamline.

The Umbral mods are currently fairly balanced, since you can't forma to Umbral. Which is good, because Umbral Vitality and Umbral Steel would otherwise be strictly superior versions of Vitality and Steel Fiber.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2018-06-15 at 11:51 AM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Spoiler tags. Use them.

Show
    I'm expecting more Umbral mods in the future - it looks like Umbral Intensity is going to be the Primed Intensify. It's entirely possible that we'll get an Umbral Streamline.

The Umbral mods are currently fairly balanced, since you can't forma to Umbral. Which is good, because Umbral Vitality and Umbral Steel would otherwise be strictly superior versions of Vitality and Steel Fiber.
    Spoiler
    Show
    They also have a higher cost. To the point that I don't think I'll be able to actually fit them on any of my other frames once I have them maxxed out, even if all the other mods on the frame match the slots' polarities. Which is a real shame, since Umbral Vitality and Umbral Steel on a Gladiator Valkyr Prime would be godly.

Anyhoo, I looked up my stats. Apparently my most used frame is Ivara, so I rolled with her to do the quest. However, my most used primary is Sancti Tigris (because it's my default weapon on pretty much every frame except Ivara and Titania). Did not go that route; I used the Vulkar Wraith I built basically just for Ivara instead. Along with the secondary and melee weapons I'm currently leveling for mastery, because it's not like Ivara is ever going to pull either of those out anyway if she's rocking a silenced sniper rifle. Well, Vasto and Bo Prime are both perfectly adequate for stealth takedowns all through Adaro, but when I'm doing a quest I prefer something that will kill any standard level 100+ enemy with a single shot whether it's alerted or not.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

I have 2 questions about Sacrifice for people who have done it.
    Approximately, how long does it take to play through and how buggy is it?

Usually I give things like this a couple weeks to work the kinks out.
    But I haven't seen much in the way of complaining about bugs.
    (Though this is hard to look for while not looking at spoilers)

I kinda do the same thing.
    Volt was my first frame. And still my favorite frame. He has my favorite mix of shields, speed, stuns and nukes.
    I've semi-conciously decided to keep using it through the story .
    Last edited by sleepy hedgehog; 2018-06-15 at 01:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Options -> Interface -> HUD -> Show Player List ticked on.

Completed The Sacrifice now, so...

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Spoiler: Sacrifice Spoilers
    Show

Cool story with Ballas and ... I can't believe I've forgotten Umbra's pre-Warframe name already. Komi? Or something like that? Not too surprised about the origins of Warframes, the theory has been floating around for a while now. Nice to get confirmation though, and it's nice to see what an ass Ballas is/was.
    Spoiler: Go
    Show
    The game you play with Ballas as the pre-transformed Excal Umbra is Go and komi is the term they use for points, specifically the handicap given to the white stones player for going second.

From what I understand, in Warframe either the game itself is called komi or is the term used for captured stones.

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy hedgehog View Post

(Though this is hard to look for while not looking at spoilers).
    Spoiler: Time and bugs
    Show
    It took me about 3-4 hours to play through, although I wasn't rushing a lot of the time.

The only bug I encountered is the bit where you hunt after Umbra after building him and you can accidentally equip him before leaving the orbiter, resulting in you going after Umbra with Umbra. This isn't game breaking, just immersion breaking.

Aside from that one minor bug, I haven't encountered any other progression stoppers, although there's been 2 hot fixes already that have fixed progression stopping bugs that other players have had.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-06-15 at 04:29 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Troll in the Playground

(Though this is hard to look for while not looking at spoilers).
    I don't think I ran into a single bug during my playthrough of the new quest. I was very pleasantly surprised.

As for the length, I'd give it an hour or two, depending on how good you are with spoilermode. There were definitely some aspects that frustrated me, even after I figured out what I had to do, because I pretty much only use spoilermode for shooting Eidolon shields and have no other practice with it.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

I completed it in a couple of hours and wished it was longer. The only bug I ran into happened repeatedly because I refused to learn my lesson: My game freezing at the Arsenal screen because I kept trying to Upgrade my frame at times when the story progression didn't like that.
    =====

29. - Top - End - #419
    Troll in the Playground

Actually, I did run into one bug. At one of the puzzles, the clues didn't pop up until I'd exited and reentered several times.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #420
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I sorta do this. I initially used Mag for everything and completed all the quests up to War Within with her. Then I got Oberon Prime and he's been my main ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Spoiler tags. Use them.

Show

Spoiler: spoiler reply
    Show
    I'm not sure I agree on them being balanced. They are strictly better and can only easily be used on Umbra, making other frames, particularly Excalibur himself, frequently worse choices. I, and I may be alone in this, have no interest in using Umbra. I don't really like the way he looks. Is it impossible to use these mods on other frames? No, but it would require a lot of forma and grinding.

It took me just over two hours. I also did not encounter any bugs.

Now, my thoughts on the quest itself.

Spoiler: Sacrifice spoilers
    Show

There's a lot of great atmosphere to the quest, and some interesting lore. Fighting umbra as the operator was very tedious. As far as I can tell, you can't actually lose the fight, so why was it such a pain in the ***? The story was also disappointing in some ways. The connection between the Lotus and Ballas was only lightly touched on. What Ballas has been up to all this time (and why he appeared now) wasn't touched at all. The Lotus' motivation in going with Ballas... Well, it made for a great cliffhanger. But this was Umbra's story, not even really Ballas' and certainly not the Lotus'. Funnily enough, in light of Wraith's question, I felt kinda disappointed that I couldn't stomp on Ballas as my usual frame Oberon Prime. I had to use Umbra. As mentioned, I have no interest in him. I'd like his scarf as a syandana, but all the goofy bits on his arms, the unpronounceable nikana, and the powercreep mods, are all just meh.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.