New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    1) doesn't need to be - it's cheap enough to recast that it might as well be, in my experience, and it's not as restrictive on weapons and the likes. That's why I said that it's *my* preferred stealth frame - I suppose I don't have the knack and/or patience to use Ivara "properly", and Loki just lets me brute-force it instead. Also, he's slightly easier to get hold of than Ivara... or at least, he was when I went grinding.
    Yeah, it's cheap and with Hushed Invisibility you don't have to silence your weapons. The difficulty is that if you don't cast it pretty much immediately before you come across the scan target, it will expire before you get all 4. And then you're exposed while you try to finish, and Loki is squishy without his abilities.

We're not talking about in general (though to be fair, Ivara is my favorite frame overall). This is for a particular Riven challenge. Just like I wouldn't bother with the "3 headshots in a single aim glide" challenge with anything but Limbo (and I haven't played with him since the recent changes so I don't know if that's still viable). Or "get X kills without touching the ground" in anything but a wall-humping Ember. Sure, it's possible to do in any frame, but some just take the headache out of it.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

Any tips for killing a Dargyn pilot that's still in the air while sliding? That's the one giving me the most headaches right now.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Any tips for killing a Dargyn pilot that's still in the air while sliding? That's the one giving me the most headaches right now.
    I haven't had that one yet, so not positive. Look for the guys that spawn on the ground, aggro them, and freeze them while they're only a couple feet up with Limbo?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Get a Secura, equip it with Adhesive Blast, shoot it with a Secura, hit your slide and then detonate at your leisure. You can do something similar with a Tonkor or a Simulor, if you set up the bomb and get your timing right. Either method is far less stressful than trying to aim while sliding.

Alternatively, use something like the Kulstar/Angstrum/Ogris. Spec for Blast damage, and even if you hit the vehicle you're likely to kill the pilot with the blast radius.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-06-22 at 05:15 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

5. - Top - End - #455

Play Ember, turn on World on Fire, shoot the guy down when he's right above you and slide while he burns up in midair.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I very much appreciate your advice, but it still sounds like using Spoiler Mode to be able to use more Spoiler Mode. And I don't want to use Spoiler Mode.
    Nah, that advice was exactly how I upgraded spoiler mode without ever using spoiler mode. The Mote Amp is such a wretched piece of gear it makes the game actively less fun, and getting enough Quills rep to craft absolutely anything to replace it is one of the biggest quality of life upgrades I've ever had. The Focus Lenses you get from bounties reward you passively, and if I cared enough to get more upgrades for spoiler mode combat, I could give my operator enough health and armor to be worth something in a fight... but it doesn't really matter when the first amp you can craft to replace the Mote has an alt-fire that'll strip Umbra's defenses in a few shots.

Actually, that should be added to the list of things I wish I'd been told when I was new to Warframe: "You'll dislike the spoiler ability you get later in the game, and if you keep the default gear you're given for it, it gets much, much worse."
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

7. - Top - End - #457
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hitscan weapons with decent ROF and low recoil. Tiberon Prime is a good one for that challenge.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

8. - Top - End - #458

NinjaGuy

I *think* you can start sliding as Mesa, activate Peacemaker and still be sliding. So that could help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    I *think* you can start sliding as Mesa, activate Peacemaker and still be sliding. So that could help.
    I've tried that before, I haven't gotten it to work.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

So far I've tried sniping the pilots (Braton P, Vectis), AOEing them (Corinth alt fire), and Rhino Stomping them before they get in the Dargyn to lift them off the ground. Nothing's worked yet, but I'll keep at it. For example, maybe I need to stomp right as they get in the Dargyn. I do have Ember and a Tonkor, so I'll try them next; if not, I'll level Limbo and an Angstrum and try those. I could afford a Secura on the market but don't really want to spend the plat.

(I could have sworn I killed both pilot and vehicle at the same time while sliding at least a few times, but I guess not? *shrug*)

E: Forgot to add - thanks for all the advice!
    Last edited by Lethologica; 2018-06-24 at 03:10 PM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

Something just occurred to me. Castanas. Slap a few onto a pilot before he gets on, wait for him to take off, slide, trigger the explosives.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #462
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unless they've fixed it, you don't actually need to kill them before thye hit the ground.
    You just need to kill them in the air.
    If you use titania's 1 to cause them to float, it counts.
    Even if they hit the ground first. I think rhino 4 and bastion 3 would work too.

(At least it worked a few months ago)

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, after all that, what finally worked was just sniping better. Praise be to the Rubico, thanks again for the tips, etc. I can confirm that Rhino's stomp doesn't qualify, and that it's bloody hard to get the pilot to fall into World On Fire while sliding.

Incidentally, while chasing Dargyns around, I accidentally broke the Sleds of Sunshine achievement for sliding 500m uninterrupted. I was trying to slide-snipe a Dargyn when the mission timer ran out, and was teleported to the entrance chamber while still sliding. Apparently that qualified.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

So, Artemis Bow with Thunderbolt is kind of hilarious in low-level stuff.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    So, Artemis Bow with Thunderbolt is kind of hilarious in low-level stuff.
    Have you not tried the Lenz yet? Less arrows, but bigger boom.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

I have a Lenz. It's fun; I use it for Riven challenges that require me to kill guys on the Plains before they jump off their flying ships because the explosion radius will clear an entire Firbolg so I get 4 kills toward it off a single shot.

I was just pointing out that having 7 arrows, each with a high chance of exploding, brings me a special kind of joy. Also, since the explosions are immediate rather than delayed, enemies don't get a couple seconds to turn and shoot you.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I have a Lenz. It's fun; I use it for Riven challenges that require me to kill guys on the Plains before they jump off their flying ships because the explosion radius will clear an entire Firbolg so I get 4 kills toward it off a single shot.

I was just pointing out that having 7 arrows, each with a high chance of exploding, brings me a special kind of joy. Also, since the explosions are immediate rather than delayed, enemies don't get a couple seconds to turn and shoot you.
    True, more explody things are always good.

In separate news, two new glyph codes: STRIPPIN and TOTALN3WB (the latter in honour of TotalNewb's passing).

18. - Top - End - #468

Griffon

If you watch TennoLive 2018 on Twitch for half an hour on Saturday 7th July, you get Ash Prime for free.

There was a significant period wherein it was actually easier to get hold of Ash Prime that it was just regular Ash, which is what I did. I like him a lot - he's billed as a stealth frame, though his actual stealth powers pale in comparison to Loki and Ivara, but as DPS with a bit of utility he's pretty great. He also looks a LOT better than non-Prime Ash, who only has two large areas of colouration and almost no details for Fashion Framing with.

Absolutely worth 30 minutes of your time, if you don't already have him.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-07-05 at 04:16 PM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

Even if you already have him, it's a free warframe slot.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

20. - Top - End - #470

So.

Tennocon.

Venus open world reveal was great.

Only thing I'm iffy on is the animal rescue.

DE just put Anthem, Destiny, and Star Citizen on notice.

Also that main story tease.

21. - Top - End - #471

NinjaGuy

They outdid themselves. By a lot.

I can't get this intro out of my head. I reckon I've already played it 30 times today. I never knew I wanted chain-gang music in Warframe, and now I'm throwing money at the screen and I'm still not playing the update.

Railjack. Nobody was expecting that. I just really, really hope that it doesn't go the way of Archwing and get relegated to the sidelines. (I also hope they take the chance to do a second pass at Archwing movement.)

And yes, that ending teaser, pretty much what we were all expecting in some form. Realistically though I'm not expecting anything until the middle of next year, based on how the Sacrifice teaser at Tennocon 2017-> the release this year went. And that makes me sad
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

22. - Top - End - #472

Hey I just got a Switch. I can't wait to import my profile from Plays-

I can't even finish that sentence.
    Although starting over may be interesting. I rage deleted my game data a while back because of one of those missions where you have to use a trap that wear off by the time you can get your scanner out.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

23. - Top - End - #473

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    They outdid themselves. By a lot.

I can't get this intro out of my head. I reckon I've already played it 30 times today. I never knew I wanted chain-gang music in Warframe, and now I'm throwing money at the screen and I'm still not playing the update.

Railjack. Nobody was expecting that. I just really, really hope that it doesn't go the way of Archwing and get relegated to the sidelines. (I also hope they take the chance to do a second pass at Archwing movement.)

And yes, that ending teaser, pretty much what we were all expecting in some form. Realistically though I'm not expecting anything until the middle of next year, based on how the Sacrifice teaser at Tennocon 2017-> the release this year went. And that makes me sad
    You mean a 3rd pass at Archwing movement?
    (I feel like Experimental Archwing is actually really good for Free-Space missions, it's just the Corpus Ship battles that have problems.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

24. - Top - End - #474

Oh yeah, if you want to add me to the PC tenno list, I'm McDouggal in Warframe and in the Space Ninjas of Love clan.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Yknow, the fact that the Corpus keep the heads of Fortuna's prisoners as collateral is a strong reminder that the Corpus is one of the few surviving organizations from the time of the Orokin. It takes Orokin sort of thinking to be that ****ed up.

And whoops, I never posted my info for the PC Tenno List. In Warframe I have the name TheNeoVid, and I'm a member of VGO (RPGnet's clan).
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

26. - Top - End - #476
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

That was something else. I must have watched the fortuna opening a dozen times today. That Mag helmet is wicked, too. I can't believe I never noticed that skin before. Must resist urge to buy it before payday.

Garuda looks awesome, let's hope she's unique and useful enough to be worth it. I finally got Khora, and as seems to be the general opinion, was rather underwhelmed. Her 1 is pretty nice, and the way it synergizes with her other abilities is welcome, her 4 is useful, but her 2 doesn't seem all that worth it. Her 3 is eh... Let's just say I wish I had a button for attack/retreat for all my companions, even if they didn't come with an ability. Venari's polarities are also a touch odd. Two of them are for mods that you would most likely bring on your other companion if you wanted them at all.

Hystrix, on the other hand, is pretty amazing. I accidentally took it partially leveled and not fully modded into a sortie mission and it did surprisingly well. I've already put two forma into it, and probably will need a third for the build I have in mind. That it reminds me of the Halo needler, a gun that I loved, is just a bonus.

Speaking of, I've now started doing sorties. The difficulty spikes weirdly. Yesterday's the hard mission was the assassination because of the way the corpus bunch together with group buffs, debuffs, and nullifiers. Today the hard one was the survival, which was the first mission. What's also strange is how fragile my Oberon prime (with his regen buff and 400 extra armor) was compared to my brother's excalibur. Now admittedly, he builds tanky and my buffs just make him tankier, but I wouldn't have thought ~470+420 armor would feel so paper thin. For just the two of us, we did pretty well on our first tries.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

27. - Top - End - #477

I think Khora problem was having what she was going to be good at changed halfway through with the scrapped IPS changes and they had to scramble to give a theme
    Last edited by Leon; 2018-07-08 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Khora not gara
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

28. - Top - End - #478

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I think Gara's problem was having what she was going to be good at changed halfway through with the scrapped IPS changes and they had to scramble to give a theme
    (You mean Khora) but yes I think you're completely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    That was something else. I must have watched the fortuna opening a dozen times today. That Mag helmet is wicked, too. I can't believe I never noticed that skin before. Must resist urge to buy it before payday.
    I still can't stop playing it. Someone send help.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    Speaking of, I've now started doing sorties. The difficulty spikes weirdly. Yesterday's the hard mission was the assassination because of the way the corpus bunch together with group buffs, debuffs, and nullifiers. Today the hard one was the survival, which was the first mission. What's also strange is how fragile my Oberon prime (with his regen buff and 400 extra armor) was compared to my brother's excalibur. Now admittedly, he builds tanky and my buffs just make him tankier, but I wouldn't have thought ~470+420 armor would feel so paper thin. For just the two of us, we did pretty well on our first tries.
    I often take Oberon into Sortie survivals, and yeah he can be tricky sometimes. What I find helps a lot is to lay down Hallowed Ground if I run into a group of enemies, as they'll get rad proc'ed and start fighting each other, which takes the stress off of me. And of course Phoenix Renewal gives you a insta-revive if you get over your head once in a while.

E:
    Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    You mean a 3rd pass at Archwing movement?
    (I feel like Experimental Archwing is actually really good for Free-Space missions, it's just the Corpus Ship battles that have problems.
    The 3rd pass? Damn.
    And yeah, in free space AW feels really good, but that Corpus ship tileset is the ****ing worst.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2018-07-08 at 09:24 PM.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello again. I reinstalled Warframe because I saw the free Ash Prime event then forgot about it when I got around to the day of the event. I've not played much, using a steam controller instead of keyboard and mouse, which is stressful but I don't have my normal set up. Aiming is difficult. As our powers. Got kicked out of my clan for inactivity. And I decided to craft Wukong because I have all the blueprints.

Also, I think I should try and farm Gara because signature weapons are cool. And push to Sedna I think so I can finish Chroma. And last finally finish Hydroid because once I do I never want to see Vay Hek again.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

I always look at the entire sortie for the day before I decide whether to bother. A lot of the assassination missions are more trouble than they're worth; the exceptions are Vor, Nef Anyo, Alad (*NOT* Mutalist. **** that noise), Hyena Pack, and Phorid. (Kela de Thaym is unpleasant enough in normal mode.) Top-tier interception can also suck a fat one. Defense usually isn't bad with an Assimilate Nyx, but the one a couple days ago in the Infested Eximus Stronghold was ghastly since 90% of the eximus units that spawn in Infested missions are parasitic. For survival, I typically run my full Gladiator Valkyr with Hirudo.

I still haven't gotten around to farming Onslaught for the hours necessary to get the Khora systems or blueprint. Thinking about just waiting for her to be a Darvo deal and be done with it.
    Spoiler
    Show