New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 50 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272843 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    Well I decided to start playing Loki today. Mostly because I randomly felt like leveling up Hate and Dread so it seemed to be the most thematically appropriate unleveled Warframe. All of my loadout slots are becoming dominated by low level stuff. Actually I might stick Hate and Dread onto my Ash Prime and change him from an Orange vaguely Naruto color pallete to a stereotypical Black and Red Stalker theme.

Also I've started crafting Gara, it took long enough. In all, I am currently crafting Gara, Snipetron Vandal, Hek, Hind, Ankyros and Dark Dagger. Dark Dagger and Ankyros for achievments (Ankyros builds into another fist weapon). Snipetron because I got the last part after an annoyingly long wait. Hind because I liked Burston but the thing is a tad lackluster. And Hek because Hek. Also I picked up the fourth level in Steel Meridian and picked the Hek mod over the Sobek Mod. I'll probably grab the Sobek as well because I like it, though it would be hard to fit in without a potato, which I have been stingy with.

Last, I await the day I unlock 5th level Steel Meridian because I plan to buy the weapons, stick them on my mostly unranked Oberon and run around yelling JUSTICE.
    Highly recommend Vaykor Marelok. Looks good feels good.

2. - Top - End - #512
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

The pitchfork is just 'okay' - I much prefer the Telos Boltace - but both of the Vaykor weapons are really good.

I kind of hope that DE revisits the Syndicate weapons though. They're a little bit stale at the moment, having them rotate every so often would be kinda neat.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-07-15 at 10:38 AM.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #513
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    That's because warframe.market can't really handle rivens. Far as I can tell, everyone posts 30-plat (or whatever the current number is) offers for veiled rivens and then negotiates in dojo based on the specific riven. That or they go on warframe.market's discord, which...IDK if that's any better than in-game trade chat.

There are alternatives, though. Riven.market has a list of Cassowar riven mods for trade. So does WFTrader. Based on that, I'd say the riven with no useful stats is probably worth ~30-40p, but with some rerolls that could easily go up by a few multiples. I haven't actually bought or sold any rivens myself, though, so take that with RDV of salt.
    Oh, I forgot to mention - of course there's a market on Reddit. Seems like the majority of the posts are riven price checks, so you'll fit right in.

4. - Top - End - #514
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I solo spy sorties with Ivara. Too many fails in pugs for me to bother trying with a group for those any more.
    I used to Solo them, but Public Spy Sorties are the hardest challenge the game has to offer.
    I go Nova (Wormhole let's you skip a surprising amount number of risks, antimatter drop let's you knock out every camera & enemy on a vault at once, and their augments are both handy), and usually a mastery trash secondary (because a lower gear score gets you in with weaker groups, and I can usually get all 3 as long as no-one's MR 12+).

If you are Loki-ing a spy, use your decoy/switch teleport any time you think a jump is a risk. Or you just want to skip some laser barriers. Get some experience and it'll be much faster.
    Last edited by theMycon; 2018-07-15 at 05:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #515
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I solo spy sorties with Ivara. Too many fails in pugs for me to bother trying with a group for those any more.
    Same. I quite like Spy Sorties as a nice relaxed change of pace with decent loot - I tend to scan everything as I go along, so I boost my Simaris standing at the same time (Radiation and Infested aside).

The only other Sortie I will solo is Lua Rescue, because checking all the cells can be a complete fustercluck with pubbies.

Quote Originally Posted by theMycon View Post
    I used to Solo them, but Public Spy Sorties are the hardest challenge the game has to offer.
    I go Nova (Wormhole let's you skip a surprising amount number of risks, antimatter drop let's you knock out every camera & enemy on a vault at once, and their augments are both handy), and usually a mastery trash secondary (because a lower gear score gets you in with weaker groups, and I can usually get all 3 as long as no-one's MR 12+).

If you are Loki-ing a spy, use your decoy/switch teleport any time you think a jump is a risk. Or you just want to skip some laser barriers. Get some experience and it'll be much faster.
    RHINO STRONK, PUNY LASERS NO STOP RHINO.

Any frame which can ignore CC effects can 'smash and grab' regular Grineer and Corpus vaults, providing you're decent at the ciphers. Lua, Kuva Fortress and Uranus Spy require you to sneak in partway first though.

You can also use Spoiler mode Void Dash to bypass laser doors - just be careful where you start and stop as the collision detection can be a little ropey.

6. - Top - End - #516

Griffon

Lots of people disliking Loki, but I have to say that the guy who really pisses me off is the pubbie who brings Limbo to a Defense/Mobile Defense/Whatever game and goes around dumping his friggin' bubbles everywhere, Voiding people at random and generally making it impossible to know who you can hurt and who you can't until you've already been shot in the back of the head.

Don't get me wrong; a well-played Limbo is an asset to the team and crucial to a lv100 Defense mission, unless you really, really like reviving the Objective guy... But good luck finding someone even half that competent and who isn't an active troll. Even a badly-played Frost isn't so obnoxious

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Lots of people disliking Loki, but I have to say that the guy who really pisses me off is the pubbie who brings Limbo to a Defense/Mobile Defense/Whatever game and goes around dumping his friggin' bubbles everywhere, Voiding people at random and generally making it impossible to know who you can hurt and who you can't until you've already been shot in the back of the head.
    While high range Cataclysms are still an annoyance, at least his Stasis has been tweaked so that it doesn't stop allies. Unfortunately it also nuked the easy way of meeting the 'headshots while gliding' riven requirement.

8. - Top - End - #518

Oh, yeah. Limbo is the #1 troll frame. Along with Frost, it's the easiest to Troll-on-accident. They both make shooting near impossible if played poorly. Limbo gives free energy when you're banished, and you can break out of individual (that is, non-bubble) banishes easily by rolling. It's even useful for spy. It seems like it should be 10 times better than Frost.

But it takes a user who pays attention and understands his abilities, so it's 1000 times worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    You can also use Spoiler mode Void Dash to bypass laser doors - just be careful where you start and stop as the collision detection can be a little ropey.
    "A little ropey" is an understatement.

I've maxed 8/10 way-bounds. I use Spoiler Mode regularly enough that I can move faster with it than a Warframe in most tilesets. I know the vaults well enough that, even though I rarely use any sort of spy frame, I have 4 Ivara sets (and one Covert Lethality). I've played 1,100 hours and hit the current highest rank, and I've tried to zip through laser barriers from every imaginable position and angle, making sure I start and finish a good distance away from the barriers. I've watched YouTube guides and tried every trick they say "might be necessary".

I've still got maybe a 50-50 success rate. Maybe it's PS4, but any other teleport seems to work flawlessly.

Unfortunately it also nuked the easy way of meeting the 'headshots while gliding' riven requirement.
    Any survival mission, any frame. Wait by a door. Have any spray and pray weapon, but "level appropriate" and critty work best.
    Wait 'til a group of at least X enemies with a similar height is coming through the door, in a line, where X is the required number of headshots.

I leave the rest as an exercise to the reader.
    Last edited by theMycon; 2018-07-16 at 10:35 AM.

9. - Top - End - #519
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello again. I have found Hind a disappointment, feels to much like a regular assault rifle. Maybe with a higher fire rate it will be enjoyable, but as of yet no. I have yet to find the time to try Hek. It sounds special so I am holding out. But I have the Scattering Justice mod ready for when I get around to it. Even fits perfect with the other basic Shotgun mods for 30 points.

I seem to have chosen Sobek as my first weapon to really invest in. So far I've used a blue potato and two Forma on it. I've looked at the numbers and that should be enough to fit what I want onto it. The tricky thing will be getting the Shell Shock mod but if it proves too annoying to farm Hive Sabotage I can just buy it.

I finished the War Within and have a second riven now. Looking at my first, a Zenistar riven with garbage stats it made me wonder. How much can I sell it for. A random search said 500 platinum which seems like a lot to me. It isn't, but it is still a good amount.

I need to join a clan though. The challenge is to complete a synthesis without using abilities or traps while holding a Hobbled Dragon Key. Looking that up I get the blueprints from the clan dojo.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

10. - Top - End - #520
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hek is indeed a very special gun, and good work on getting the Syndicate mod. If you're not aware of it already, Warframe Builder is a fantastic tool for creating different builds for warframes & weapons.

Congratz on completing TWW! If you haven't already, I recommend visiting the Quills in Cetus. Once you've completed Saya's Vigil, you gain access to them and they'll give you a gift that will make your new you-know-what a lot better. If you're having trouble finding them:

Spoiler: The Quills
    Show

Go to Cetus on Earth. Head right up to Konzu and face the gates. Then head to the right on the path through the rocks. You should see a closed door, go into Operator mode and it'll open for you.

Just in case you don't know, you can reroll the stats on riven mods using Kuva - so rivens for good weapons are still valuable, even though the current stats may be rubbish, because they can always be rerolled.

If you want a clan, feel free to add me as a friend (IGN: thatSeniorGuy) and I'll send you an invite to my clan. Or you can go into recruiting chat and ask to join a clan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Pretty much anything with a potato and 2 Forma in it will beat anything else stock. Also, it won't be long before you have more mods than you can fit into your weapons without a potato and multiple Forma. Many of your melee weapons can get by with only 1 or 2 since they have the stance slot increasing capacity, but you'll generally want 3+ in your primary and secondary weapons for high-level work. I was finally able to complete my 100% crit Corinth build with 3 (though it'll need another if DE ever releases a Primed Blunderbuss), but if I want to also have a raw damage/elemental loadout for it I'll need at least another 1 or 2. Or if I get a riven for it. I might be able to squeeze a status build into it as is, but I don't see much point in that as the Tigris variants will always be better status guns.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

12. - Top - End - #522
    Titan in the Playground

I seem to have chosen Sobek as my first weapon to really invest in. So far I've used a blue potato and two Forma on it. I've looked at the numbers and that should be enough to fit what I want onto it. The tricky thing will be getting the Shell Shock mod but if it proves too annoying to farm Hive Sabotage I can just buy it.
    I highly recommend getting Shattering Justice for the Sobek as it enables a syndicate proc. Acid Shells is nice for AOE, but can be a little hard to fit with everything else that's needed.

Shell Shock is very hard to farm up - most people (including myself) buy it from Baro instead. Looking at Warframe.market, there are currently no sellers of Shell Shock and buy orders are starting at ~60 plat.

I finished the War Within and have a second riven now. Looking at my first, a Zenistar riven with garbage stats it made me wonder. How much can I sell it for. A random search said 500 platinum which seems like a lot to me. It isn't, but it is still a good amount.
    As thatSeniorGuy said, you can always reroll the stats on a riven but you can't reroll the weapon that it's for. If anything, an unrolled riven with crappy stats sells for more than a rolled one with mediocre stats, since the cost to reroll goes up every time until it hits the cap of (I think) 3,000 kuva.

13. - Top - End - #523

Sobek + Acid Shells is where its at
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

14. - Top - End - #524
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I already have Shattering Justice. Working on farming Acid Shells from the Kela de Thaym (alongside 2x Saryn systems). And yeah fitting in all the mods is difficult. Except for melee weapons because I haven't invested into upgrading melee mods which is a mistake, but I have other things to spend credits on.

For the Sobek I have Primed Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Blaze, Chilling Reload and Shattering Justice. I plan to add Acid Shells, Shell Shock and Toxic Barrage. Also I need to level up the Primed Point Blank some more, currently it is at rank 6. So I'm about an eighth of the way to rank 10.
    DEGENERATION 86: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 from the degeneration when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

15. - Top - End - #525

Event!

Corpus Proxy uprising. Rewards of Orokin Catalyst, Orokin Reactor, 1500 Endo, and Exilus Adapter if you do all 4 missions.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

16. - Top - End - #526

Griffon

You get that for completing 3 events. For completing 4, you get that and a couple of sigils

Mission 4 was tricky, but mostly only because there were so many Parasite Eximus' around that our Nidus was hamstrung from the beginning and never really got rolling. Fortunately we had a really good Trinity with us, and I had brought along my Arca Plasmor and was reliably one-shotting the Hyenas as well as everything stood behind them, so despite dropping to 2000 health and no shields at one point, we managed to save the objective for another 10 rounds.

17. - Top - End - #527
    Troll in the Playground

Also, Baro is in town and has some nice toys this time around.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

18. - Top - End - #528

Tip for the event: Hitscan crit>travel time crit>anything status.

The Hyena Pack is a fairly common enemy that you end up fighting in at least the first 3 missions (I haven't done the fourth yet), and they are both fast and status immune. So if you take your Flux Rifle that you got a good Riven roll for on the survival mission, you're not going to have a good time.

It'll be even worse when you are Nidus and a Isolator Bursa blob attaches to you when you have 30 stacks.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Tip for the event: Hitscan crit>travel time crit>anything status.
    Since the event was corpus, I went rapid fire weapons as I was expecting nullifiers out the wazoo.

I think I remember a couple of nullifiers on the Survival mission, but none anywhere else.

20. - Top - End - #530

Griffon

The theme behind the event is that a bunch of robots have gone nuts and escaped from what's-his-face... Nef Anyo? I think it's him. Anyway, they escaped from his factory and have gone on a rampage and the Tenno have to shut them down.

So there shouldn't be any non-robot enemies, I think. I don't remember seeing any, at least, and picking equipment just to fight crowds of 'bots set me in good stead.

21. - Top - End - #531
    Titan in the Playground

The theme behind the event is that a bunch of robots have gone nuts and escaped from what's-his-face... Nef Anyo? I think it's him. Anyway, they escaped from his factory and have gone on a rampage and the Tenno have to shut them down.
    I know previous events had a story behind them, I guess I must have completely missed the story for this one.

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

It's Operations that have notable story happenings, tac alerts tend to just be "oh no stuff is happening" to handwave why whatever is fancy about the tac alert is the way it is. In this case, a generic uprising of corpus proxies.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

23. - Top - End - #533

you get that and a couple of sigils
    Guaranteed Rift Sigil which hasn't been seen for a long time and the last time it was it was a stupidly low chance to get
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #534

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Guaranteed Rift Sigil which hasn't been seen for a long time and the last time it was it was a stupidly low chance to get
    Fair enough. I don't really value Sigils, to be honest - I have a whole bunch of them and never, ever use them, so the trend passed me by. And that's not even saying that I don't play fashion-frame; I absolutely do, but I have a very specific style that I like.

Anyhoo... MR 19 and 20 down in 2 days, after a nigh-hiatus from the game of about 4 months; I'm starting to wonder just how much XP I banked since MR18, since I'm pretty sure that rank 21 is ready to go as well.

Is it just me, or does Rank 19 (melee-only, no-powers stealth kills around arena) spike in difficulty way higher than the tests around it? It took me nearly a dozen goes before I managed to get it down, but rank 20 was one-and-done.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2018-07-30 at 03:09 PM.

25. - Top - End - #535

Is it just me, or does Rank 19 (melee-only, no-powers stealth kills around arena) spike in difficulty way higher than the tests around it? It took me nearly a dozen goes before I managed to get it down, but rank 20 was one-and-done.
    I do remember actually having to practice for that one.

MR 24 (100 HP spoiler mode no amps) took more than one try, but nothing since 19 has actually been hard. Everything else I could just breeze through with my "Easy Mode" loadout.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

26. - Top - End - #536

Griffon

MR 24 (100 HP spoiler mode no amps) took more than one try, but nothing since 19 has actually been hard.
    Jesus H. Christ, that sounds like the worst thing in the world...

I'm not particularly obsessive about collecting new weapons - I have only Prime stuff left to do anyway, and I'll be damned if I'm going to grind and grind for a freakin' Akbronco - but I certainly don't have any incentive to try if that's what is coming up on me

27. - Top - End - #537
    Ogre in the Playground

Like all of the tests that can actually be hard, I cheated it. In test 19's case, it was by using the Skiajati as my weapon for the automatic invisibility after a stealth kill.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

28. - Top - End - #538

NinjaGuy

Weekend event was a nice change of pace. Had a chance to dust off my Mag Prime, and she definitely came in useful. Counter Pulse shuts down the Hyenas long enough for you to tag them with a Magnetize sphere, and then it's game over for them. Had a Trin and Equinox in the last mission which made it go by quick.

MR 19 test takes more practice than any other test I think. I ended up cheesing it with Banshee and Redeemer (Redeemer is a gunblade, and Banshee's passive makes all her weapons silent). Not sure if it works now though.

In other news:
    Spoiler: Many podcasts died to bring us this cryotic.
    Show

Really glad that I had a lot of Acquisitions Incorporated podcasts to listen to, and that the infested are absolutely owned by Limbo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

29. - Top - End - #539

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    MR 19 test takes more practice than any other test I think. I ended up cheesing it with Banshee and Redeemer (Redeemer is a gunblade, and Banshee's passive makes all her weapons silent). Not sure if it works now though.
    This is part of the reason as to why I ragequit and didn't try it for a few months; I thought my game had bugged out and my Redeemer corrupted, because a bunch of online guides said it worked!

Same goes for the Sarpa - when I realised it might be a patch I gave it a try anyway only to get the same result. In the end I did it with Banshee and the Rakta Dark Dagger, and I suppose it's only fair to keep the gunblades out of it.

First practice run of the ML21 test was a success - I find that so long as you carry a gun with a vaguely sensible reload time and prioritise hitting the time-orbs, it's pretty hard to fail these sorts of tests. I do like the vertical 'dungeon' though, I'd like to see more structures like that in some more of the in-game environments.

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

MR 24 (100 HP spoiler mode no amps) took more than one try, but nothing since 19 has actually been hard.
    When I did it you respawned with your amp if you died during the test. That may have been a bug, though. If so, I was actually in a position to take advantage of something unintended before it got nerfed for the first time ever.

This is part of the reason as to why I ragequit and didn't try it for a few months; I thought my game had bugged out and my Redeemer corrupted, because a bunch of online guides said it worked!
    Yeah, the Redeemer's shot used to be silent. I'm not sure when exactly it got nerfed, but it came as a rude surprise to me, too.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2018-07-31 at 11:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show