New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    I personally prefer the way the Sancti Tigris clears the whole room with a single pull of the trigger
    Impressive, but I just can't get on with a Duplex trigger. It might be 40k damage per shot, but I guarantee that I'm going to miss at least the second one and have to reload. With a Hek, even doing 1/3rd the damage I'm going to hit at least 4 of them, if not more, and overall my DPS is significantly better. I've yet to meet a damage gate wherein ~15k damage is not sufficient, after all

Quote Originally Posted by FireJustice
    and this weekend its Baro time... I wonder what primed mods will he bring this time.
    I'm hoping that, because it's Christmas/New Year, they'll finally put out Serration Prime. I have pretty much everything else I could need, but Serration is the one that I've held off from max'ing out because the expense would be better served going on the white one.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Well completed the quest, got access to spoiler mode and unlocked my riven. It is pretty bad, at max rank it gives roughly 25% bonus damage against Grineer and Infested. And it is for a weapon I am a long way away from getting. Went with Unairu as my free focus lense.

3. - Top - End - #63

[QUOTE=Toastkart;22688357]
    Do you mean you've actually built three different taxons and two carrier primes? Or do you mean you use three different loadouts through the presets? I'm kinda curious what your loadouts are like, since all my sentinels are done essentially the same. I do occasionally swap out their weapon damage types.
    /QUOTE]

Its largely down to Endgame, several loadouts have one that is colour matched and ready to go and set up how that loadout needs things. Ex: my Defense Loadout is Frost P, Supra Vandal, Sonicor and Jat Kittak and one of the Carrier Ps. The Taxons are nice because they are useful and market bought with no fiddly resources needed
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #64
    Spamalot in the Playground

I've decided I want to try a close-combat frame and decided on a Rhino as its fairly easy to farm up. Could someone recommend a decent starter shotgun to shoot for?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I've decided I want to try a close-combat frame and decided on a Rhino as its fairly easy to farm up. Could someone recommend a decent starter shotgun to shoot for?
    The Strun should be available from the get-go IIRC, the Kohm and Boar are MR2 (though the Boar only drops from certain Drekar units, on Uranus), the Drakgoon is MR3 and the Tigris and Hek are MR4. All are solid weapons, and the Hek in particular will probably carry you through 99% of the game's content.

My personal favorite right now is the new Corinth, but that's MR10, so you might be a ways off.
    Assorted Gaming Contact Info:
    XBox Live IGN: Korrsair
    NNID: Fenrys_Wulf
    PSN IGN: Korrsair
    Steam Name: Fenrys

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

As IFenrys said, the Hek can carry you through most of the game's content. With it's special mod from Steel Meridian, it can easily carry you through the rest. It's been one of my go-to weapons for quite some time.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2017-12-29 at 11:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

7. - Top - End - #67

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    As IFenrys said, the Hek can carry you through most of the game's content. With it's special mod from Steel Meridian, it can easily carry you through the rest. It's been one of my go-to weapons for quite some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by IFenrys View Post
    The Strun should be available from the get-go IIRC, the Kohm and Boar are MR2 (though the Boar only drops from certain Drekar units, on Uranus), the Drakgoon is MR3 and the Tigris and Hek are MR4. All are solid weapons, and the Hek in particular will probably carry you through 99% of the game's content.

My personal favorite right now is the new Corinth, but that's MR10, so you might be a ways off.
    I'm currently M4. I'll look into the Hek - thanks!

EDIT: Similar question for sniper rifle - is there one you knowledgeable folks would recommend?
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-12-29 at 11:29 PM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Vulkar has no mastery req, Vectis is only 3. Rubico is 5, but as quickly as you rank up at low levels that shouldn't be far off. Any of those would be good. The Vectis is probably the best, but the Vulkar is the easiest to farm mats for.

A lot of people like the Lanka, but I really don't; it does a lot of damage, but it's a charge rifle and it fires as soon as it reaches max charge so you can't hold it while you zero in on a moving target. You have to track your target while it moves and you charge it, so it's much more difficult to use than other weapons. And if your group kills something that you're aiming for, your shot is wasted.

The Snipetron does very little damage compared to other snipers; given the low fire rate of snipers you need to be killing every time you pull the trigger, and the Snipetron doesn't.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Are you confusing the lanka with the opticor? you can absolutely hold a charge on the lanka.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

I couldn't tell you when I last used it, but it wasn't like that when I leveled it. That's a very nice change, but still, having to charge it means it has an even lower rate of fire than other snipers.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

11. - Top - End - #71

Opticor ~ Best Sniper in Warframe
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #72

I'm M5 and currently farming Neurodes to make a Hek. I don't have Eris or Lua so that leaves Earth to find them, which... is a bit on the frustrating side. At least I have some low-level frames (Trinity and Mag) to rank up there.

I also just learned about the mod upgrading thing and how crucial that is - my shields are now triple what they were yesterday. This game is great but is in dire need of a guided tutorial

I've got a Rhino in the oven for the next two days as well (started yesterday.)

EDIT with question: How necessary are the factions? Is that something I should be doing yesterday, or does it matter if I wait a bit longer to decide?
    Last edited by Psyren; 2017-12-31 at 02:23 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

13. - Top - End - #73

Griffon

The Syndicate factions are utterly irrelevant to the plot and progression of the game. Some of the later-game quests are vaguely tied to one Syndicate or another - the quest to get Harrow, for example, is nominally a Red Veil quest, but you can access it regardless of your affiliation. You don't have to ever have anything to do with them, if you don't want to.

They are, however, very useful at mid-to-later game. You get access to some very useful mods and some of the best weapons in the game at higher Mastery Levels (12 and/or 14 depending on the Syndicate).

So unless there's a mod that you really, really want or need, there is a way to be especially efficient.
    Time your Syndicate advances so that you hit 5th rank just before you get to ML12-or-14.
    That way you can pay for the top rank of your Syndicate and get to 132,000 influence just as you pass the test for ML12-or-14 and immediately use the associated weapons.

You don't *need* to do that. There's loads of really good late-game weapons to get without ever going near the Syndicates, and if you hit Rank 5 way before ML14 then it doesn't harm anything; you just bank your points and wait, or spend them on the decorations and cosmetic items to pass the time.

TL;DR - pick the Syndicate weapon which is your favourite and time your Mastery Level advances so that you can buy that weapon right away. If you don't do that, absolutely nothing happens.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2017-12-31 at 03:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

EDIT with question: How necessary are the factions? Is that something I should be doing yesterday, or does it matter if I wait a bit longer to decide?
    I would recommend starting the Syndicates sooner rather than later due to the Mastery Rank based standing cap (you can earn up to (MR+1)*1000 standing with syndicates every day). If you hit the cap for the Syndicate rank, it's not an issue as you can just sit there until you can afford the sacrifice, but rushing standing is hard to do without Syndicate Medallions or a high MR.

I agree with Wraith that the Syndicate weapons are fantastic - the Vaykor Marelok got me around the starchart and is only MR6 while the Vaykor Hek (MR12) just scrapes out the Hek with Scattered Justice with end-game level mods.

@Wraith: the only MR14 equipment these days is the Euphona Prime; Syndicate weapons have been rebalanced so that secondaries are MR6, melees are MR8 while primaries are MR12.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I also just learned about the mod upgrading thing and how crucial that is - my shields are now triple what they were yesterday. This game is great but is in dire need of a guided tutorial
    It took me quite some time to figure that one out, Psyren. To (mis)quote Obi-wan, "You've taken the first steps into a larger world."

The factions are not necessary, but they are very helpful. The mods they offer are essential for many builds, and can dramatically increase the performance of your weapons and frames. The weapons are generally considered end-game worthy, as well, depending on the Faction. The reason I chose Steel Meridian first was because they have mods for most of the frames I use, mods for my favorite weapons, and all three of the unique weapons they offer are considered quite good (Also, I like the whole "defending the helpless" thing).
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2018-01-02 at 09:33 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    The Syndicate factions are utterly irrelevant to the plot and progression of the game. Some of the later-game quests are vaguely tied to one Syndicate or another - the quest to get Harrow, for example, is nominally a Red Veil quest, but you can access it regardless of your affiliation. You don't have to ever have anything to do with them, if you don't want to.
    This has changed very recently - the latest content requires the Harrow quest, leading to the suspicion that Wally may become an integral part of the plot.

17. - Top - End - #77

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    This has changed very recently - the latest content requires the Harrow quest, leading to the suspicion that Wally may become an integral part of the plot.
    That still doesn't require the player to have any connection with Red Veil.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #78

My immediate goal is to unlock every junction - unless I'm grossly mistaken, that will ease my materials farming considerably, and the credits/endo from the missions and quests needed for each one are sorely welcome. I also have some leftover Platinum from my Christmas gift (Steam Gift Card) that I'm holding on to for now. I've made it to Saturn and will continue working through the remaining planets over the next couple of weeks.

My Hek and Rhino came out of the oven yesterday and I'm definitely in love. The shotun feels weighty with a nice kick, and Rhino itself gives me flashbacks to my ME2 Vanguard days. The prime axe (I forget the name) that I got for free with Twitch Prime fits him perfectly as well. He has a ways to go to catch up to the others, but I'm sure a defense mission or two will get him going.

Lastly, as far as future frames, I've gotten quite interested in Octavia and her "rhythm shooter" playstyle - being a DDR fanatic, she might end up as my frame of choice later on. My bf is maining Saryn and Nidus so it'll probably be a long time before I try those, if ever. Both Harrow and Equinox look very cool also. I finished the quest that grants Chroma so I may get started on her too.

One thing that is frustrating me a bit - I haven't found a single undamaged Flow or Streamline to upgrade and help my castery builds out (especially Frost and Ember.) Is there a specific way I can farm these, or do I just have to hope for luck while doing other activities? I even dropped some of the spare platinum mentioned above on Dragon packs, to no avail.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    That still doesn't require the player to have any connection with Red Veil.
    True; I stand corrected.

One thing that is frustrating me a bit - I haven't found a single undamaged Flow or Streamline to upgrade and help my castery builds out (especially Frost and Ember.) Is there a specific way I can farm these, or do I just have to hope for luck while doing other activities? I even dropped some of the spare platinum mentioned above on Dragon packs, to no avail.
    I highly recommend against buying resources and mod packs for platinum as they're not cost effective.

Flow and Streamline can be easily bought from other players for a pittance, either through the Trade channel, Maroo's Bazaar or third party sites like warframe.market. If you're playing on PC, just message me - I'll give you the mods for free.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-01-03 at 12:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80

Griffon

My bf is maining Saryn and Nidus so it'll probably be a long time before I try those, if ever. Both Harrow and Equinox look very cool also. I finished the quest that grants Chroma so I may get started on her too.
    Nidus isn't too hard to get hold of; once you have opened up The War Within, the quest becomes available immediately and for free. Equinox on the other hand is a HUGE pain in the neck, so I recommend that if you want her you should work towards Uranus sooner rather than later.

One thing that is frustrating me a bit - I haven't found a single undamaged Flow or Streamline to upgrade and help my castery builds out....Is there a specific way I can farm these?
    It's always a random drop, so the best that you can do is to tip the odds in your favour. Get a warframe like Nekros to increase the amount of drops you get, and mods also drop from specific enemies and specific missions - Flow will sometimes drop from Survival and Excavation missions, for example - so if you're going to do a mission on a whim, then a Grineer/Survival will maximise your odds.

I've happily given you one of my spares, but like an idiot I cleared out my duplicates only a little while ago to get the cash I needed to upgrade the latest Ki'Teer mods....

21. - Top - End - #81

I, uh... I'm so damned used to playing games where I can't trade that I completely forgot the marketplace option And yeah, if you have spares I will happily take you up on that. PsyrenXY, and thank you!
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Also if you trade platinum for a mod you are almost guaranteed to receive a copy right after as a random drop.

23. - Top - End - #83

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Nidus isn't too hard to get hold of; once you have opened up The War Within, the quest becomes available immediately and for free. Equinox on the other hand is a HUGE pain in the neck, so I recommend that if you want her you should work towards Uranus sooner rather than later.
    Equinox is a much more enjoyable one to get ~ Great boss in a fun fight vs a Tedious repetitive mission (For both the Quest and the parts)
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

I, uh... I'm so damned used to playing games where I can't trade that I completely forgot the marketplace option And yeah, if you have spares I will happily take you up on that. PsyrenXY, and thank you!
    Just as a note, trading works only face to face, so we'll have to meet up in a dojo.

This game really needs an auction house or something to allow sales when you can't play, whether that's because you're either not logged in or are busy in a mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Equinox is a much more enjoyable one to get ~ Great boss in a fun fight vs a Tedious repetitive mission (For both the Quest and the parts)
    I agree, which is surprising considering that even with optimal drops, Equinox takes twice as long to farm than any other boss drop frame except Mesa.

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Just as a note, trading works only face to face, so we'll have to meet up in a dojo.
    Right, sorry - I'd received gifts before in the inbox, but I think those are only Marketplace things?

In any event, I took your advice and asked if anyone had a spare. I got a fully-ranked Flow and Streamline pretty quickly that some nice folks apparently just had laying around, so I'm off to the races :)

Say, is there a way to make enemies drop more energy without using a specific frame? My maximum is much higher now, and my abilities cheaper, but I still run out rather quickly because my starting amount didn't change and the enemies are stingy with drops. I'm using an Ember "world on fire" build to speed clear various mission types.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #86

Griffon

Say, is there a way to make enemies drop more energy without using a specific frame? My maximum is much higher now, and my abilities cheaper, but I still run out rather quickly because my starting amount didn't change and the enemies are stingy with drops. I'm using an Ember "world on fire" build to speed clear various mission types.
    There's a mod called Equilibrium (Uncommon) that gives you Energy every time you pick up a Health orb, and vice-versa. There's another pair of mods called Rage (Rare) and Hunter Adrenaline (Common), which gives you Energy every time that your Warframe takes damage to their Health (not their Shields).

All 3 can stack, so even if you burn through your energy very quickly then you're good to go within a few seconds.

27. - Top - End - #87

I believe I do indeed have Equilibrium and I think Rage too. Guess I have my next Endo dumps laid out for me

I've got some Plat burning a hole in my pocket and I've been eyeing Octavia more and more... does anyone have experience with her? Is she fun? How about Mesa?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Aside from the mod suggestions, there is a way after The Second Dream quest, so you may want to look into completing that.
    Edit: Also, every unused mod point you have on your Warframe gives you 5 extra energy at the start of the level.

Octavia I couldn't get the hang of, not least because I'm terrible at keeping a rhythm, so the Mandachord buffs don't do much for me.

Mesa is a lot more fun, although a bit of a pain to farm as you need to get to Eris, then each attempt to get a part requires a Mutualist Alad V key, which require 3 Mutualist Alad V Coordinates, which are only available from Infested invasions, Orokin Derelict survival/defence awards or Hive Sabotage caches (quite a few people I know have simply bought her instead).
    Playwise, if you ever wanted to be a gunfu heroine, gunning people down with dual wielded pistols while leaping through the air, Mesa's your girl.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-01-04 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Forgot a detail

29. - Top - End - #89

I believe I do indeed have Equilibrium and I think Rage too. Guess I have my next Endo dumps laid out for me

I've got some Plat burning a hole in my pocket and I've been eyeing Octavia more and more... does anyone have experience with her? Is she fun? How about Mesa?
    Octavia is pretty good, and kinda fun.
    Many people find her boring, but she's very powerful. She's a little hands-off, fairly straightforward. You only bother even using your guns on Bombards/Ancients/Nullifiers, because Mallet handles everything else. She's best if you can stay in one general area for a while.
    The thing you may not realize is that she's a stealth hero. Octavia should go invisible with Metronome: Nocturne at the start of the mission and never become visible again.
    Opera, Forte, Vivace are distractions.

Mesa is the single most popular warframe. Also the single hardest to get. Fun and effective. Even if you want to focus on Melee.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

30. - Top - End - #90

Griffon

I have a spare Hunter's Adrenaline - send me a nudge sometime, and it's yours if you want it. Similarly, I've run out of places to put my Ayatan Statues - if you want a couple to trade in for Endo, they're free for the asking too.

Between the two I preferred Mesa, but her abilities are a lot more passive than Octavia who requires more input and concentration.

Octavia is, as you suggested earlier, a DDR Warframe. She activates her powers by situation and you get bonuses for acting in tandem with the 'beat', which you can customise with your own tunes if you have the patience to do so. I have not the patience for that, and I found that while her powers were interesting, I wasn't interested in timing my attacks and movements for a buff when I could just equip a bigger gun and it not make much of a difference

Mesa on the other hand has a lot less interactivity. Her first three powers are all variations of buffs - you can refresh every so often but otherwise ignore - and her fourth, while incredibly powerful and very satisfying, can be summarised as "hold down a button and don't move until everything is dead". It's effective, but you don't have to work very hard after hitting Rank 10; her biggest drawback is that most of her powers buff your allies or your equipped weapons, so if you don't have any particularly good weapons (or allies....) to choose from then it limits what else she does.

As for which of the two is harder to farm... Mesa requires you to get special drops from certain missions in order to get to where Alad's lair is, but Octavia requires you to undertake Orokin Derelict Survival missions which are no place for low level Warframes. Take your pick, I guess: Mesa needs you to grind to then allow you to grind, but Octavia's grind is actually quite hard to do if you're underprepared.
    In my own experience, if you're in a helpful Clan or don't mind recruiting Key Shares in the in-game chat, Mesa isn't too bad to get together, but some of the PUGs I've been in for Octavia were a complete nightmare from start to finish!