New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Numbering your list to help replies:

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    1. Is there anything worth spending credits on the market?
    2. Is there a way to get platinum without spending money?
    3. Is it better to transmute mods or sell them for endo?
    4. I used the promo codes in the OP. Some of them didn't work (I wanted that free sword dammit) but what did those that work actually do? I can't find anything new in my inventory, nor is there some unread mail to claim the items.
    5. I acquired two relics from the Earth excavation missions. Later that same mission turned into a void mission, so I went to open my relics. The missions started fine, if a little tougher due to the corrupted enemies, but soon proved impossible: The corrupted enemies didn't drop a single power core, so I couldn't finish even one excavation, and my weapons started doing less and less damage bottoming out at ~4 damage per shot, where I could barely scratch the swarm. I obviously failed and didn't get anything other than an open relic, but what was I doing wrong?
    1: There's plenty of things that are worth buying with credits:
    • There are some low level weapons that can be only bought for credits (e.g. anything with the Mk-1 prefix, Lex, Braton, etc). These are good if you need a few more Mastery Rank points for the next level.
    • The blueprints for the vast majority of weapons and warframes can be bought from the market if you don't want to spend platinum on buying them.
    • Blueprints for gear items (e.g. Ciphers) or the item itself (e.g. codex scanners).
    • Random items like Extractors, which let you passive gather resources from a planet.

2: Yes, although it may take a little while before you become proficient at it since you're so new. The easiest way is to open relics and sell the parts to other players for platinum. You can use the trade channel or an external site like Warframe.market (I recommend warframe.market) to get an idea of prices and to contact buyers/sellers.
    Other items like weapon parts from invasions (one of the tabs in the Navigation menu), rare mods, syndicate weapons, landing craft parts, fish, gemstones, ayatan sculptures, etc can also be sold to other players for platinum via the same mechanism.

3: At your level, sell them for endo, if nobody wants to buy them for platinum. Transmutation is more of a end-game system for veterans with plentiful rare resources.

4: Unfortunately all the promocodes for stuff have now expired; the only ones left are glyph codes. To use these, go to Options > Profile > Glyph.

5: Power cells only drop from certain enemies, so you either missed them or they got stuck somewhere and they stopped spawning since you hit the cap. I don't think you did anything wrong, you were just unlucky and didn't know enough about the game's quirks, particularly the pathfinding.
    Ideally fissure missions should be done in groups, so if you're playing in Solo mode, try either Public matchmaking or look for a group in the Recruiting channel if you have a specific relic you're trying to open..

2. - Top - End - #872
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

As for questions, I do have a few that I couldn't find the answer to:

Is there anything worth spending credits on the market?

Is there a way to get platinum without spending money?

Is it better to transmute mods or sell them for endo?

I used the promo codes in the OP. Some of them didn't work (I wanted that free sword dammit) but what did those that work actually do? I can't find anything new in my inventory, nor is there some unread mail to claim the items.

I acquired two relics from the Earth excavation missions. Later that same mission turned into a void mission, so I went to open my relics. The missions started fine, if a little tougher due to the corrupted enemies, but soon proved impossible: The corrupted enemies didn't drop a single power core, so I couldn't finish even one excavation, and my weapons started doing less and less damage bottoming out at ~4 damage per shot, where I could barely scratch the swarm. I obviously failed and didn't get anything other than an open relic, but what was I doing wrong?
    By now, a lot of this is repeating what others said, but I might as well chime in, too.
    1)weapon blueprints, gear item blue prints, etc. Occasionally there are seasonal cosmetics for credits.
    2)Trade, but at your level, you're probably not going to have a lot worth trading that you don't need yourself. Wait for a discount from login rewards.
    3) Endo. I wouldn't even sell them for credits. Credits are a lot easier to acquire than endo is.

As for your mission issue, I'm a little confused. Do you mean that you completed two excavators and received relic rewards and then at the third excavator void fissures started spawning? As others said, most likely some kind of pathing bug or enemy capacity filled before one spawned were the reasons why you couldn't progress. But what level were you/your weapons vs. the level of the corrupted enemies? Have you been leveling up your mods when you get the capacity and credits/endo to do so? What warframe are you using?

Brother Oni: Thanks for the advice. I've got carrier prime, but there are plenty of times when there are no drops during the eidolon fight.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    Brother Oni: Thanks for the advice. I've got carrier prime, but there are plenty of times when there are no drops during the eidolon fight.
    Yeah, I tend to go get more ammo in between Terry/Gerry/Harry whenever I go pick up lures.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel a bit, but have you considered Squad Ammo Restores now that we have a vastly expanded gear wheel? The Medium one is clan tech and the large one is a Red Veil Syndicate reward.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ogre in the Playground

I acquired two relics from the Earth excavation missions. Later that same mission turned into a void mission, so I went to open my relics. The missions started fine, if a little tougher due to the corrupted enemies, but soon proved impossible: The corrupted enemies didn't drop a single power core, so I couldn't finish even one excavation, and my weapons started doing less and less damage bottoming out at ~4 damage per shot, where I could barely scratch the swarm. I obviously failed and didn't get anything other than an open relic, but what was I doing wrong?
    Everyone else has answered the other questions to my satisfaction, but what happened here is (probably) the result of one of the enemy types you aren't used to. Fissure missions spawn corrupted enemies, which include big, stretchy, plant-ish Corrupted Ancients that have an aura that can heal and give damage reduction to their allies. A combination of higher level armor and the ancient's 90% damage reduction is how you end up dealing 4 damage per shot, and the strategy is to kill the ancients first. They don't benefit from the damage reduction, but do have high base HP.

5. - Top - End - #875
    Firbolg in the Playground

have a weakness to corrosive aswell which is a good all round Damage type to use
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for the answers folks! I remember seeing those Ancients in my failed mission, so my problem was indeed almost certainly that I wasn't focus-firing them, which meant I couldn't kill the other Corrupted, which meant the Corrupted Swarm kept growing and chasing me around the map, which meant the Power Core holders stopped spawning. I'll know what to do next time.

I did run into another problem though: After I finished the quest chain in the Plains of Eidolon, I went for a bounty there. The first task was to assassinate a Grineer which was easy enough, but I got stuck on the second. It sent me to find 3 Grineer Cache, but I couldn't find a single one even after combing the entire quest area twice. What am I missing here?

Also, leveling up in this game is much easier than I expected. Everything other than my pet robot and its weapon are almost at L20 already. Yesterday I was seeing L30 players on missions and I thought these guys were all veterans with endgame gear. But at this rate I'll be L30 next week and very, very far from having endgame gear. In fact, I'm having trouble filling my stuff with mods. I have neither enough different worthwhile ones, nor enough endo to level up the ones I do have. Is a mission type noticeably better at farming mods than the rest?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

I did run into another problem though: After I finished the quest chain in the Plains of Eidolon, I went for a bounty there. The first task was to assassinate a Grineer which was easy enough, but I got stuck on the second. It sent me to find 3 Grineer Cache, but I couldn't find a single one even after combing the entire quest area twice. What am I missing here?
    You're looking for special chests with glowing lights, which make a sound when you get close to them (sort of like the Nirn root sound from Skyrim, if you're familiar with that).

They are an absolute pain to find if you don't have any Loot Radar mods equipped (Animal Instinct, Loot Detector, Thief's Wit), so ideally get one of those if you're doing bounties on the Plains.

There are two areas however, where the chests aren't in that zone, but in caves under that zone, so look for cave entrances nearby if you can't seem to find any caches.

Also, leveling up in this game is much easier than I expected. Everything other than my pet robot and its weapon are almost at L20 already. Yesterday I was seeing L30 players on missions and I thought these guys were all veterans with endgame gear. But at this rate I'll be L30 next week and very, very far from having endgame gear. In fact, I'm having trouble filling my stuff with mods. I have neither enough different worthwhile ones, nor enough endo to level up the ones I do have. Is a mission type noticeably better at farming mods than the rest?
    Level of your equipment (weapons, warframes, sentinels, etc) only dictates the capacity (mod space). Your actual 'level' is your Mastery Rank, which currently goes from 0 - 27.
    Even then, the power of your weapons is more reliant on how levelled up your mods are - without decent mods, a level 30 weapon is not more powerful than it was at level 1.

The more powerful weapons and warframes are locked by Mastery Rank, but everything is endgame viable with enough Forma and reactors/catalysts, so if you really like your Mk-1 Paris, you can take that on end game content (I have default colour Excalibur with disguised starter weapons to prank people).

Defence missions are quite good for farming mods and loot at low levels (just not the Earth one as the pathfinding is knackered on that).

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    There are two areas however, where the chests aren't in that zone, but in caves under that zone, so look for cave entrances nearby if you can't seem to find any caches.
    That was probably it. I just finished a second bounty mission where I stumbled upon a cave entrance purely by accident. The caches were hidden there. I was then stuck in that friggin cave, unable to find the exit and with no nav point to guide me. I had to abort the mission. At least I got I got some reputation and I can finally fish in peace for the daily. I'm not bothering with these **** bounties anymore.

Level of your equipment (weapons, warframes, sentinels, etc) only dictates the capacity (mod space). Your actual 'level' is your Mastery Rank, which currently goes from 0 - 27.
    Even then, the power of your weapons is more reliant on how levelled up your mods are - without decent mods, a level 30 weapon is not more powerful than it was at level 1.

The more powerful weapons and warframes are locked by Mastery Rank, but everything is endgame viable with enough Forma and reactors/catalysts, so if you really like your Mk-1 Paris, you can take that on end game content (I have default colour Excalibur with disguised starter weapons to prank people).

Defence missions are quite good for farming mods and loot at low levels (just not the Earth one as the pathfinding is knackered on that).
    Thanks, I, err, didn't know what Mastery is. And Venus Defence, got it.

9. - Top - End - #879
    Titan in the Playground

That was probably it. I just finished a second bounty mission where I stumbled upon a cave entrance purely by accident. The caches were hidden there. I was then stuck in that friggin cave, unable to find the exit and with no nav point to guide me. I had to abort the mission. At least I got I got some reputation and I can finally fish in peace for the daily. I'm not bothering with these **** bounties anymore.
    The open world stuff (the Plains of Eidolon and the Orb Vallis) is more end game orientated anyway. I suggest returning from time to time, but focus on getting around the star chart.

Thanks, I, err, didn't know what Mastery is. And Venus Defence, got it.
    You must have received a pop up for you to take a Mastery Rank test by now.

I prefer the Mars defence map as there are two Venus maps, both of which are rather big.

10. - Top - End - #880
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I'm not bothering with these **** bounties anymore.
    As Oni said, it's a bit more endish. That being said, your best bet at the moment is fishing and, as soon as you get a nosam / plasma drill (the drill's easier), hunting for gems. Easy way to get rep. Plus, you'll need the mats later on for the various niceties. And frames. And weapons.

Conservation in the Vallis isn't a bad way to quickly get rep, either, for Solaris U. Tags are used to buy ... ornamentation. A little less time than running a mission, less shooty. But it's only rep, so you'll need to find resources and credits for advancing another way. Also helps you get used to the map, since it'll take you all over.

If you're looking to level weapons, go with survival missions in a public game. Large numbers of enemies means a lot of affinity to earn. Plus, you can walk away with a lot of stuff without having to worry about defending anything but yourself. Just watch the life support gauge. With the change to extraction, if it starts getting too hard, just pop out. You don't have to wait for other folks.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

11. - Top - End - #881
    Firbolg in the Playground

Stay near the other people, you'll get exp and also keep the spawns working well
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ogre in the Playground

The open world stuff (the Plains of Eidolon and the Orb Vallis) is more end game orientated anyway. I suggest returning from time to time, but focus on getting around the star chart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    As Oni said, it's a bit more endish. That being said, your best bet at the moment is fishing and, as soon as you get a nosam / plasma drill (the drill's easier), hunting for gems. Easy way to get rep. Plus, you'll need the mats later on for the various niceties. And frames. And weapons.

Conservation in the Vallis isn't a bad way to quickly get rep, either, for Solaris U. Tags are used to buy ... ornamentation. A little less time than running a mission, less shooty. But it's only rep, so you'll need to find resources and credits for advancing another way. Also helps you get used to the map, since it'll take you all over.

If you're looking to level weapons, go with survival missions in a public game. Large numbers of enemies means a lot of affinity to earn. Plus, you can walk away with a lot of stuff without having to worry about defending anything but yourself. Just watch the life support gauge. With the change to extraction, if it starts getting too hard, just pop out. You don't have to wait for other folks.
    Well, I just wanted some rep to buy a fishing spear. The first bounty was even at my level. I didn't really expect the experience to be so frustrating. Luckily even a botched bounty was enough for a spear and some dye. And fishing isn't so bad.

I tried the story quests in Valis, but got my ass kicked by the second one. And I think I saw some griping about newbies and survival missions a couple pages back in this thread, so I steered clear so far.

You must have received a pop up for you to take a Mastery Rank test by now.

I prefer the Mars defence map as there are two Venus maps, both of which are rather big.
    I did see the pop up, but didn't immediately figure out how to actually take the test and then completely forgot to look it up. It is somewhat embarrassing, I admit

I haven't unlocked Mars yet. But farming on Venus has been going pretty well. I'm getting some useful mods, and my starting gear is getting closer to maxing out.

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

The first bounty was even at my level.
    Another one of Warframe's hidden systems is that the enemy level does not correlate to the level of your warframe and equipment.

In general, enemy levels 1-10 are easy, while 11-15 should be getting a bit tougher and you should start thinking about modding.

At levels 15-25, you have to start modding properly (especially against Grineer or on the Vallis) or be at least competent in the mechanics of a third person looter-shooter (duck back into cover to reload, etc).

Levels 25-30, you should have proper mods which are nearing max (so things like your silver elemental mods should be at least level 3-4 and you're using the right damage type for your enemy), and by levels 30-40, you should be properly tooled up (e.g. silver elemental mods at 5, your base damage/survivability mods like Serration and Vitality should be at least 5).

Above level 40 is considered endgame.

I tried the story quests in Valis, but got my ass kicked by the second one. And I think I saw some griping about newbies and survival missions a couple pages back in this thread, so I steered clear so far.
    There's really only two things to remember about survival - as Leon said, stay close to the biggest concentration of players (or the player with the most kills) to passively gain affinity (weapon and warframe experience) and don't waste life support towers (each tower gives back 30% life support, so only use them if you're under 70%).

While there have been some horror stories of people getting held hostage on survivals, there's been a recent change where anybody can extract whenever they like. I would add a generic proviso here to keep track of the host (player 1 on the player list). If he starts to extract, extract with him.

I did see the pop up, but didn't immediately figure out how to actually take the test and then completely forgot to look it up. It is somewhat embarrassing, I admit.
    It's been a while since I've been notified of a Mastery Test, but I believe your profile glyph at the top of the screen will be glowing in the Options menu. Clicking on that will give a popup explaining the that you can take Mastery Test and pressing Yes should take you straight into the test.

If you want to do it the old fashioned way, get to a Relay (Strata Relay on Earth should be the closest), then Fast Travel to Cephalon Simaris' room. Off to the right hand side of that room is a hallway with prompts where you can practice or take Mastery Rank tests - note that you only can take 1 test a day.

14. - Top - End - #884

I am in a strange situation... I have survivability (levelled non-broken Shield + Vitality mod for my Warframe) and a +Damage mod for my melee weapons, but no damage mods for my guns. So, now I can complete missions by running around and punching enemies, but if I try actually treating the game as a shooter, it feels like I'm shooting with nerf guns.

For now, I'll level up to around 10 all the starter weapons you can buy without materials, so I can try various styles and see which ones I like the best. I hope I get some damage mods along the way, though...

15. - Top - End - #885

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    I am in a strange situation... I have survivability (levelled non-broken Shield + Vitality mod for my Warframe) and a +Damage mod for my melee weapons, but no damage mods for my guns. So, now I can complete missions by running around and punching enemies, but if I try actually treating the game as a shooter, it feels like I'm shooting with nerf guns.

For now, I'll level up to around 10 all the starter weapons you can buy without materials, so I can try various styles and see which ones I like the best. I hope I get some damage mods along the way, though...
    have you done any of the Vor's prize quest? The second or third mission rewards you with flawed versions of serration, point blank, and hornet strike. These are the damage mods for primary weapons, shotguns, and pistols respectively. Max those out and you should be good until you get the normal versions of those mods.

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

16. - Top - End - #886
    Ogre in the Playground

Another one of Warframe's hidden systems is that the enemy level does not correlate to the level of your warframe and equipment.

In general, enemy levels 1-10 are easy, while 11-15 should be getting a bit tougher and you should start thinking about modding.

At levels 15-25, you have to start modding properly (especially against Grineer or on the Vallis) or be at least competent in the mechanics of a third person looter-shooter (duck back into cover to reload, etc).

Levels 25-30, you should have proper mods which are nearing max (so things like your silver elemental mods should be at least level 3-4 and you're using the right damage type for your enemy), and by levels 30-40, you should be properly tooled up (e.g. silver elemental mods at 5, your base damage/survivability mods like Serration and Vitality should be at least 5).

Above level 40 is considered endgame.
    I see. The way this game uses levels is so weird.

There's really only two things to remember about survival - as Leon said, stay close to the biggest concentration of players (or the player with the most kills) to passively gain affinity (weapon and warframe experience) and don't waste life support towers (each tower gives back 30% life support, so only use them if you're under 70%).

While there have been some horror stories of people getting held hostage on survivals, there's been a recent change where anybody can extract whenever they like. I would add a generic proviso here to keep track of the host (player 1 on the player list). If he starts to extract, extract with him.
    To be honest, I was more worried about messing it up for others than being held hostage (really? that's a thing that happened?). Why leave with the host though? Doesn't the game just pick a host from the ones remaining?

It's been a while since I've been notified of a Mastery Test, but I believe your profile glyph at the top of the screen will be glowing in the Options menu. Clicking on that will give a popup explaining the that you can take Mastery Test and pressing Yes should take you straight into the test.

If you want to do it the old fashioned way, get to a Relay (Strata Relay on Earth should be the closest), then Fast Travel to Cephalon Simaris' room. Off to the right hand side of that room is a hallway with prompts where you can practice or take Mastery Rank tests - note that you only can take 1 test a day.
    Yeah, I found it in the menu and took the first test. And immediately got a timer for the second one. The Earth Relay is behind the Mars Junction, it's gonna be a while before I unlock it.

Unbroken mods dropped with the same order for me too. My rifle was the last to get a proper +damage, and my sword is 5 levels above the rest. And trying new weapons is a good idea actually, I'm gonna follow your example.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

I see. The way this game uses levels is so weird.
    Yeah, it took me a while to get used to it. When I was working my way round the star chart, I hit a wall in progression at around Saturn (lv 21-26), due to not understanding the armour mechanics and the need for Corrosive damage against the Grineer and another wall at Neptune (lv 24-29) due to insufficiently levelled mods.

To be honest, I was more worried about messing it up for others than being held hostage (really? that's a thing that happened?). Why leave with the host though? Doesn't the game just pick a host from the ones remaining?
    The game will try to, but DE's netcode is rather archaic and getting a host migration can potentially lose you all rewards or completely break the mission triggers.

Yeah, I found it in the menu and took the first test. And immediately got a timer for the second one. The Earth Relay is behind the Mars Junction, it's gonna be a while before I unlock it.
    Hmmm, Larunda relay on Mercury then?

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

The new player experience is the biggest issue with the game right now, thanks to WF not explaining any of its mechanics and your effectiveness relying entirely on mods, which are random drops. I'm told they're working on revamping the early game, and I hope that's true. Fortunately, the community in this game is gigantic and one thing many overgeared veterans are glad to do is help new players.

That said, I'll mention the biggest things I wish I'd known early on:

Warframe Wiki. I've been playing for over a year and still refer to it constantly.

The biggest mistake I made as a newb was spending a lot of time grinding in the same zones instead of unlocking more of the map. Having access to more planets means access to more mission types, resources, mods and Warframes. Putting that off meant it took me weeks before I had a second Frame to use.

Credits are hard to get before Neptune. Until then, the fastest way to get credits is to find the couple of nodes on each planet with a % bonus to rewards. Those are called Dark Sectors, and reward a minimum of 10000 credits per run.

See about joining a clan as soon as possible. Once you build a Clan Dojo Key, you can enter any clan base you're invited to, and an established clan will have vendors in the various Labs that sell the blueprints for dozens of weapons and several Warframes. Clan Dojos are also where you go to make trades with other players.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

19. - Top - End - #889
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Ah, well, that's not it, really. You see, Survival and Excavation missions used to be like others ... you needed half the party to be at extraction before the timer would go. But, if you wanted out, and nobody else did, you were stuck - you couldn't extract on your own. Unless you aborted the mission, in which case you lost all the main reasons of going in - extra rewards and affinity. Didn't matter WHO the person trying to extract was ... just that three people could keep one from going out when they wanted.

Now, if you join a clan, you can buy the blueprints and pieces to a few warframes - banshee, nezha, Volt, Wukong and Zephyr. The mats for some will only be available as you move around the Solar System. But it's easy to pick up Banshee's and Nezha's stuff - you'll find them early on. Wukong's nitain extract is limited (Reactor runs), and Zephyr's Oxium means killing a few Corpus drones (if you can get into a Corpus defense mission, you'll accumulate at a good clip after wave 10 or so)

Also, weapons. The problem with a lot of weapons, though, is that you will need Forma; the blueprint is easy enough to get in Lith Fissure missions, but the neurodes are a PAIN to acquire when you don't have access to Lu(n)a. Most Earth and certain Grineer maps will have them, but maybe 2 or three a run.

Another key thing you can get in the Lab is an Archwing Launcher - which allows you to use your starter Odonata to quickly maneuver around the Vallis and Plains. Hecking expensive at early levels, but oh so worth it. Don't have to worry about intervening space and getting caught up by Grineer patrols.

20. - Top - End - #890

have you done any of the Vor's prize quest? The second or third mission rewards you with flawed versions of serration, point blank, and hornet strike. These are the damage mods for primary weapons, shotguns, and pistols respectively. Max those out and you should be good until you get the normal versions of those mods.
    I, uh... I might have sold them by mistake while I was cleaning out my inventory. I'll keep being a punchman/swordsman until I find some real damage mods for my non-melee weapons. (I have the Excalibur, which is supposed to be swords-focused anyway).

Ideally, I guess I should keep a maxed out copy of every Mod and a few low-level Mods for levelling new frames and weapons, right?

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Ideally, I guess I should keep a maxed out copy of every Mod and a few low-level Mods for levelling new frames and weapons, right?
    Yup, but don't worry. You'll soon have more mods that you'll know what to do with.

The only exception are the Corrupted mods where you might keep a variety of ones at different levels to optimise your build, but those are well down the line for you.

22. - Top - End - #892
    Troll in the Playground

I wouldn't worry too much about having every mod maxxed out, especially early. You won't have the endo or credits to maintain that, and besides, as you figure out your playstyle you'll find that most of them are fairly niche so they're not great except on particular frames (which you don't have yet, and won't for quite a while). And some are just useless.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

23. - Top - End - #893

Yeah, I wrote "maxed out" but I actually meant "as high-level as I can reasonably get them"

Anyway, I'll just keep slowly unlocking new nodes in Solo mode while replaying defense missions in Public mode for fun and levelling new weapons.

24. - Top - End - #894
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Anyway, I'll just keep slowly unlocking new nodes in Solo mode while replaying defense missions in Public mode for fun and levelling new weapons.
    Where things get really fun is trying to get the parts and blueprints for various frames.

You will be re-running missions to the point you'll be sick of them.

Especially Ivara. Fun frame, but ... such. A. PAIN. to earn.

And Ash.

25. - Top - End - #895
    Troll in the Playground

New frame pieces mostly come from assassination missions. Every boss except Vor drops all of the pieces for a particular frame, so those are good missions to keep doing until you have enough to build something new. If you can get to Jupiter to farm Alad V, Valkyr is very newbie-friendly; her ultimate turns her into an invulnerable melee monster. I still use her regularly in endgame stuff because she's fun and effective. Built properly, she rips through level 150 enemies like a hot knife through butter.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

26. - Top - End - #896
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Every boss except Vor drops all of the pieces for a particular frame
    Revision. Vor alone (his Mercury Assassination) doesn't drop warframe parts.

When he comes together with Lech Kril on Ceres, though, it's Frost time.

27. - Top - End - #897
    Troll in the Playground

Right, I forgot the combo boss fight. But doesn't Frost drop from Lech Kril on Mars? I thought Ceres was for Trinity. But it's been a long while since I farmed any bosses for non-Prime warframe parts, so it may have changed.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Right, I forgot the combo boss fight. But doesn't Frost drop from Lech Kril on Mars? I thought Ceres was for Trinity. But it's been a long while since I farmed any bosses for non-Prime warframe parts, so it may have changed.
    Trinity's been moved to Ambulas on Pluto, Excalibur now drops from Lech Kril on Mars and Frost's been moved to the Lech and Vor tag team on Ceres.

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

Hmmm, Larunda relay on Mercury then?
    That worked, yeah. I even found a guy to scan for the Cephalon. And I assume the ruined Relay on Venus gets rebuilt later in the story?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    The biggest mistake I made as a newb was spending a lot of time grinding in the same zones instead of unlocking more of the map. Having access to more planets means access to more mission types, resources, mods and Warframes. Putting that off meant it took me weeks before I had a second Frame to use.
    Well, I am certainly guilty of that.

Credits are hard to get before Neptune. Until then, the fastest way to get credits is to find the couple of nodes on each planet with a % bonus to rewards. Those are called Dark Sectors, and reward a minimum of 10000 credits per run.
    Thanks for the tip, those missions have indeed been great for my credits.

See about joining a clan as soon as possible. Once you build a Clan Dojo Key, you can enter any clan base you're invited to, and an established clan will have vendors in the various Labs that sell the blueprints for dozens of weapons and several Warframes. Clan Dojos are also where you go to make trades with other players.
    Now, if you join a clan, you can buy the blueprints and pieces to a few warframes - banshee, nezha, Volt, Wukong and Zephyr. The mats for some will only be available as you move around the Solar System. But it's easy to pick up Banshee's and Nezha's stuff - you'll find them early on. Wukong's nitain extract is limited (Reactor runs), and Zephyr's Oxium means killing a few Corpus drones (if you can get into a Corpus defense mission, you'll accumulate at a good clip after wave 10 or so)
    I don't know about that. I think it's too early for me to join a clan just yet. I don't even know if I'll still stick around after a week.

Also, weapons. The problem with a lot of weapons, though, is that you will need Forma; the blueprint is easy enough to get in Lith Fissure missions, but the neurodes are a PAIN to acquire when you don't have access to Lu(n)a. Most Earth and certain Grineer maps will have them, but maybe 2 or three a run.
    Yep, I got a few forma blueprints, with no way to make them.

Another key thing you can get in the Lab is an Archwing Launcher - which allows you to use your starter Odonata to quickly maneuver around the Vallis and Plains. Hecking expensive at early levels, but oh so worth it. Don't have to worry about intervening space and getting caught up by Grineer patrols.
    I don't actually have an archwing yet, and I've kinda given up on the open world things. I'm not in a rush to make navigation there better.

Where things get really fun is trying to get the parts and blueprints for various frames.

You will be re-running missions to the point you'll be sick of them.

Especially Ivara. Fun frame, but ... such. A. PAIN. to earn.

And Ash.
    The first boss wasn't bad at all. I got all 3 Rhino pieces in just 3 run of the Jackal. Now I just need the materials to build it.

And a few more questions:

My sword is now max rank. If I sell it and then later buy it again, will I have to level it up from the beginning or does the game remember which weapons I've maxed?

How long will the "Wolf of Saturn 6" event last? I just had the second mission where this guy appeared and murdered the crap out of me.

My Volt has a purple mole on its neck. Is it part of the model? I don't remember it being there from the beginning, but maybe I just didn't notice?

I found an infested corner on my ship. No spoilers, but I assume it's gonna be important later? And possibly related to my AI's glitchiness?

Also, I can't get "We all lift together" out of my head. Please send help!

30. - Top - End - #900

NecromancerGirl

And a few more questions:

My sword is now max rank. If I sell it and then later buy it again, will I have to level it up from the beginning or does the game remember which weapons I've maxed?

How long will the "Wolf of Saturn 6" event last? I just had the second mission where this guy appeared and murdered the crap out of me.

My Volt has a purple mole on its neck. Is it part of the model? I don't remember it being there from the beginning, but maybe I just didn't notice?

I found an infested corner on my ship. No spoilers, but I assume it's gonna be important later? And possibly related to my AI's glitchiness?

Also, I can't get "We all lift together" out of my head. Please send help!
    No, if you buy a new copy of a weapon, you will have to re-level it. There are some weapons that require other weapons as part of their blue print. For this reason it is best to level the previous weapon before you use it for the second weapon. Or, if you like the first weapon, buy a second copy for the second weapon.

The Wolf of Saturn 6 is supposed to last 10ish weeks, and I think we're starting week 3. Maybe 4?

That's because you were in a match with someone who was infected by Nidus. Affectionately called space herpes. After it grows fully you can either remove it and make your frame immune, or you can drain it to create a pet companion. I wouldn't worry about it too much until you get a kubrow and play around with them for a bit.

Possibly...

If you talk to everyone in fortuna, you'll come across someone who will replay the opening cinematic for you. I don't remember exactly where he is, but I think it's on one of the platforms in the water/coolant.