New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 7222324252627282930313233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    He used bots to scour the trade chat channel, which is technically against Warframe's ToS.
    As I understand it, he made bots that directly connected to and took data from DE's chat servers, which is definitely against the TOS.

Using a bot that uses some form of OCR to scrape the text as it flies past on trading chat would be very difficult to detect.

2. - Top - End - #932
    Ogre in the Playground

This wouldn't have happened if the game had proper trading. What do they have against an auction house or a decent market?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

3. - Top - End - #933
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    This wouldn't have happened if the game had proper trading. What do they have against an auction house or a decent market?
    While only DE knows, there's a variety of potential reasons that have been put forth, but they all boil down to depressing platinum prices for all items, resulting in people buying less platinum from DE, thus they make less money.

The reason I think makes the most sense, is the increased ease of trading screwing up the market. At the moment, selling stuff is worse than an early 2000s Korean F2P MMO, as you have to be logged into the game and have to interact with potential customers - you can't even set up an storefront with prices for your items and go AFK for a couple hours.

Due to the hassle of trading, plenty of players have mods, prime parts and other trade-able things just sitting in inventory not doing anything. This reduces the supply somewhat, so prices remain higher than they would normally.

If players could just post-and-forget items into an auction house or similar system, then supply would skyrocket (the number of people who max out their trades every day, is a very small minority of the playerbase) while demand would remain broadly the same since for example, once you have a mod, you'll never need to buy it again. Increased supply with same demand would reduce prices.

There are a number of possible mitigation steps to limit this supply flooding (e.g. sell orders are time limited and have a scaling resource cost to put up, number of active buy/sell orders are capped to MR, escrow system, etc), but without trade data that only DE have access to (warframe.market only has data on listed sales not actual sales), there's no telling what the optimal system would be. I've not played Diablo 3, but from what I understand, the Auction House there was problematic too and that system was built into the game from the start, rather than added in to an existing market.

I'm not asking for something as complex as Eve Online (each relay having a separate auction house and being under the control of a different Syndicate, with the order posting tax varying as to your standing with that syndicate, etc), but I would like something more user-friendly than we currently have.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Pixie in the Playground

Guild Wars 2 has a rather nicely working auction system (as far as I can remember) with order placement and small trading tax, although it's not completely relatable, as there trading is done in ingame currency that is also convertable into the premium currency.

5. - Top - End - #935
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

This update really made the Plains pretty. It actually looks like a proper environment now.

And those mergoos truly do look ridiculous. Those pictures on the site don't do them justice.

Only complaint is that it seems like the aggro radius got tweaked a bit. No patrols nearby, took out a camp, no reinforcement drones, and ... where the heck did those Grineer come from!?
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

6. - Top - End - #936
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    This update really made the Plains pretty. It actually looks like a proper environment now.
    It looked like a proper environment before, being brown and sparse is no less of a environment
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

7. - Top - End - #937
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm slowly making progress. I got my Excalibur to level 30, then I took advantage of a 75% discount to get 1000 Platinum pieces (I decided this game has been fun enough for 12 bucks) and bought a Mesa warframe. I equipped the Dex weapons from the latest event (rifle, twin uzis and twin blades) and started levelling all of them from zero. The fact that they came with double capacity from the start makes them quite better than the regular frame/weapons I used before, though I think I like the Excalibur more.

I just finished hatching and growing my first animal companion and the first Eidolon Plains questline. Now I guess I'll just unlock Mars and go on.

8. - Top - End - #938
    Troll in the Playground

For future reference, you may want to check trade chat first next time you want to buy a new frame. Most of the Primes can be purchased for less plat than the normal versions cost in the store.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

9. - Top - End - #939
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    For future reference, you may want to check trade chat first next time you want to buy a new frame. Most of the Primes can be purchased for less plat than the normal versions cost in the store.
    Unless Cozzer bought regular Mesa rather than Mesa Prime, in which case it's fairly reasonable buy once you factor in the Warframe slot, reactor and the sheer pain in the arse it is to farm her from Mutualist Alad V.

10. - Top - End - #940

Griffon

If you're going to buy any Warframe from the market in order to avoid a frustrating amount of grind, Mesa is probably #2 after Equinox.

Having said that, I got all of Mesa in about 6 or 7 runs so its possible that I got lucky and am underestimating the sheer deranged tedium of getting her. She definitely worth getting over Equinox, too.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Unless Cozzer bought regular Mesa rather than Mesa Prime, in which case it's fairly reasonable buy once you factor in the Warframe slot, reactor and the sheer pain in the arse it is to farm her from Mutualist Alad V.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    If you're going to buy any Warframe from the market in order to avoid a frustrating amount of grind, Mesa is probably #2 after Equinox.

Having said that, I got all of Mesa in about 6 or 7 runs so its possible that I got lucky and am underestimating the sheer deranged tedium of getting her. She definitely worth getting over Equinox, too.
    I believe they reduced the grind for both Atlas and Mesa no? It used to take 3 mutalist coordinate to craft a key to their mission. Now it only takes one.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Troll in the Playground

I don't see what that has to do with my point. Yes, it's a pain in the ass to farm Mesa. But I was saying that buying the pieces for Mesa Prime from other players, plus the costs of a potato and slot, would be cheaper than buying Mesa from the market (unless you manage to snag her with a hefty Darvo discount).

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    I believe they reduced the grind for both Atlas and Mesa no? It used to take 3 mutalist coordinate to craft a key to their mission. Now it only takes one.
    You still have to do the quests first, but the tedium of getting Mesa is the boss fight. Especially if you have players that haven't encountered mechanics like MAV in your squad.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

And at least Mesa parts drop from a boss fight, even if it's one that requires keys to enter. My #1 choice for "Do not even try to farm this frame" would be Khora.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

14. - Top - End - #944
    Bugbear in the Playground

You still have to do the quests first, but the tedium of getting Mesa is the boss fight. Especially if you have players that haven't encountered mechanics like MAV in your squad.
    By the time I got around to farming Mesa, the "boss fight" was a single sniper shot.

15. - Top - End - #945

Yeah, I'm aware that trading would be a better use of my Platinum, but I tried reading about how trading works in Warframe and it seems to take much more time and effort than I have to spare. (Unless there are easier ways to trade than I am aware of, which is pretty likely?).

So I looked for the normal Warframes that are the hardest to farm, and between them the one that went better with my playstyle was the Mesa. Though now I want to craft an Orokin reactor (that's the one that doubles capacity, right?) for my Excalibur...

16. - Top - End - #946
    Ogre in the Playground

I just finished The Second Dream and

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy ****

17. - Top - End - #947

NinjaGuy

Yeah pretty much! I highly encourage you to do The War Within as soon as you are able, it's just as good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

18. - Top - End - #948
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    Yeah, I'm aware that trading would be a better use of my Platinum, but I tried reading about how trading works in Warframe and it seems to take much more time and effort than I have to spare. (Unless there are easier ways to trade than I am aware of, which is pretty likely?).

So I looked for the normal Warframes that are the hardest to farm, and between them the one that went better with my playstyle was the Mesa. Though now I want to craft an Orokin reactor (that's the one that doubles capacity, right?) for my Excalibur...
    Set up a free account on warframe.market. Look up anything you want to buy; it will show you other users that have what you're looking for and what their price is, starting with the people that are currently in-game. Message that player, maybe wait a few minutes if they're in a mission, buy the thing. Quick and easy. Much easier than trying to reach the insanely fast scrolling trade chat.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #949

Griffon

You know that you can filter the trade chat? The little button in the top left lets you white-list words that you want to see, which is much less traumatic letting that do the work for you than trying to read everything that flits by.

I think there's a character limit (?) so you can't be too specific in what you want, but generally speaking you don't need to do much more than "WTB" or "WTS" and then one of the hotlinked phrases like [Mesa Prime Neuroptics].

20. - Top - End - #950

@mangosta and wraith: Thanks! Next time I want to spend Platinum, I'll give the trading market a try.

21. - Top - End - #951
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Yeah pretty much! I highly encourage you to do The War Within as soon as you are able, it's just as good.
    Yeah. Up till now I was slowly moving through the system, clearing each planet fully before moving on. But after Natah I've been rushing forward to unlock the next part asap. I'm just waiting on a weapon crafting now, so tomorrow night. I really don't see how The War Within could top The Second Dream though.

In other news, I bought an Orokin Reactor from Nightwave for my Rhino, and I'm kinda regretting it. I'll get maybe another 100 by the end of the event, and there are so many things to choose from. I don't want to discover in a couple months that one of them was unique and I missed my chance. So, is it better to buy something specific from Nightwave?

Also, I absolutely love my Rhino. Is it the tankiest frame of the game?

22. - Top - End - #952

Griffon

In other news, I bought an Orokin Reactor from Nightwave for my Rhino, and I'm kinda regretting it. I'll get maybe another 100 by the end of the event, and there are so many things to choose from. I don't want to discover in a couple months that one of them was unique and I missed my chance. So, is it better to buy something specific from Nightwave?
    The only things that I would really recommend that you buy would be the Mods. All of the emotes, armour sets and glyphs can't be traded so this is the only way to get them, BUT they are are purely decorative. Kuva and Forma are nice but you can get them reliably through other missions.

The Mods, though? They're good for you to have and (I'm pretty sure) aren't dropped anywhere else. Most importantly, they can be traded and should be worth a reasonable amount of platinum from people who haven't been able to grind quickly enough.

Also, I absolutely love my Rhino. Is it the tankiest frame of the game?
    In terms of raw armour and amount of hitpoints, he's right after Rhino Prime.
    There is a little bit of competition in terms of long-term survivability from Nidas, whose abilities give him some very powerful damage reduction and healing, and Limbo who can simply make himself invulnerable at the cost of being unable to do any damage. You don't get those guys until WAY later though, so Rhino is by far the most popular choice.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-04-11 at 02:58 PM.

23. - Top - End - #953
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah. Up till now I was slowly moving through the system, clearing each planet fully before moving on. But after Natah I've been rushing forward to unlock the next part asap. I'm just waiting on a weapon crafting now, so tomorrow night. I really don't see how The War Within could top The Second Dream though.
    When I was leveling I found the best strategy was to do all the inner nodes, but ignore the dead end nodes.
    As long as you have done an adjacent mission, Warframe will show the special missions there.
    So exposing all the tiles is helpful.
    Last edited by sleepy hedgehog; 2019-04-11 at 03:55 PM.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Troll in the Playground

Valkyr has the most armor (Prime has even more), but she has a smaller hp pool. However, her 4 turns her into an invulnerable melee monster whose attacks replenish hp. Built properly, she's extremely tanky, and she's available off the boss on Jupiter, which is pretty early.

Inaros has the most hp of all the frames. By a long shot. He also has fairly heavy armor, and holding his 4 gives him more armor at the cost of health, though his 1 and 2 can both be used to replenish hp. He's fairly popular because he's very sturdy, but you get him from a quest that you won't be ready for until you've unlocked more of the map. Also, you'll need to pop a bunch of relics to get enough prime pieces that you don't want to buy the quest starter off of Baro.

Mesa is pretty tanky as long as her Shatter Shield is active.

Nyx with the augment mod for her 4 is impossible to kill.

Titania becomes almost impossible for enemies to hit when her 4 is active.

Nekros takes vastly reduced damage with the augment for his 4.

I have to head out so I don't have time to complete the list, but most of the frames in game can be built to be tanky. It's going to depend on how you play them. However, Rhino is a solid choice.

If you can collect the entire set of Gladiator mods (they come from bounties on the Plains of Eidolon) and Hirudo, any frame you equip them on will be extremely hard to drop as long as you're hitting things in melee. You'll also want Blood Rush, which will entail waiting for another Acolyte event or buying it from another player.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2019-04-11 at 04:00 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #955

If you can collect the entire set of Gladiator mods (they come from bounties on the Plains of Eidolon) and Hirudo, any frame you equip them on will be extremely hard to drop as long as you're hitting things in melee. You'll also want Blood Rush, which will entail waiting for another Acolyte event or buying it from another player.
    Blood Rush can also be obtained from Lua spy, and it quite cheap because of that.

Zephyr's 3 makes her and everything near her immune to bullets. With a few range mods she can even deflect Bombard rockets. For mobile defence type missions that is very powerful, and especially against corpus that don't have many melee units. I prefer her to Limbo for corpus mobile defence because she's less vulnerable to nullifiers.

26. - Top - End - #956

Flumph

On the subject of tanky frames, I'll also recommend Nezha and Gara. I don't play Gara, but she's got the glass wall, which is great for defense, and she can break it to get the little floating glass shards. IIRC, that gives her up to 90% damage reduction.

Nezha gets 90% damage reduction from his 3, which throws up a bubble around you. When you cast it, there's a short invincibility window, you get a nifty pool that absorbs 90% of damage dealt to you. The damage you take during the invincibility phase, as well as your armor score and Ability Strength play into the total size of the pool, but you do also go invincible when it goes down. On top of all of that, you also get immunity to status effects, which is phenomenal.

Oh, and he can also give it to his teammates with one of his augments (at 50% of the total damage pool), which makes anyone in your squad significantly more tanky.

Honestly, Nezha is one of those frames that I can bring to anything that isn't a Spy mission, and it'll generally go pretty well. He's not as invincible as Rhino, Inaros or Wukong, but it's close enough that it doesn't matter.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThyme View Post
    He's not as invincible as Rhino, Inaros or Wukong, but it's close enough that it doesn't matter.
    My general litmus test for 'best tanking frame' is Sortie Raptor Assassination, so in that view, my top picks are:

Wukong is the best (Rage/Hunter Adrenaline can power Defy indefinitely) but must stay away from nullifiers at all costs and requires energy management.

Valkyr gets functional invulnerability, but is reliant on her energy pool on top of staying away from nullifiers (that said, she only becomes 'really tough to kill' rather than invulnerable). She additionally can't use some defensive arcanes while Hysteria is up, Arcane Energise especially.

Rhino is just incredibly durable, but is also reliant on his energy pool/staying away from nullifiers. Like Valkyr, he can't use defensive arcanes while tanking (but has access to Energise) but unlike Valkyr, he can be oneshot if hit hard enough.

Inaros' durability is independent of energy and whatever the enemy is doing, so requires less awareness/babysitting than Wukong/Valkyr/Rhino, but requires arcanes to match or exceed Rhino/Valkyr (although even a rank 0 Grace and Guardian are enough). Again like Rhino, he can be oneshot if hit hard enough.

Nezha is in a bit of an odd place - he's less tanky than all of the above, but has access to arcanes while tanking and can't be oneshot - of the other 4 warframes listed above, his tanking is the most interesting.

I really want to try Hildryn on the next Sortie Raptor Assassination, although I get the feeling that a lot of her 'tanking' will be hiding in the side rooms or behind crates unless I use the arcane/dragon key combo.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-04-16 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Incorrect information

28. - Top - End - #958

NinjaGuy

Valkyr gets functional invulnerability, but is reliant on her energy pool on top of staying away from nullifiers (that said, she only becomes 'really tough to kill' rather than invulnerable). She additionally can't use defensive arcanes while Hysteria is up, Arcane Energise especially.
    Uh, what? Arcane Energise will still trigger while she's in Hysteria - it's one of the few things that is always guaranteed to give you energy while channeling an ability (when it triggers of course). As she's invulnerable in Hysteria and her Talons have innate lifesteal, it doesn't matter that much that the Guardian and Grace won't trigge * as long as you keep Hysteria up.

* And it wouldn't surprise my to learn they might trigger anyway - the wiki page on Grace doesn't function while Rhino's Iron Skin, but makes no mention of other invulnerability-causing powers.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks folks, you've given me some things to work towards. I did some Lua Spying in the meantime and managed to get Blood Rush. I couldn't finish even one when I first tried with my Rhino, until I watched a video and finished crafting my Limbo. Then I couldn't lose.

Other than that, the game has kicked my ass somewhat lately:

The Index was tougher than I expected and I lost my first couple wagers, but I figured out how it works eventually and I'm now more than a million credits richer. The current index elite weekly seems practically impossible though. And I find it odd, balance-wise, how tight money is in the game until you can do that one specific mission that gives you more that you could possibly ever want.

I tried, and failed, to finish the Archwing missions that are the only ones missing before I'm done with all planets up to Neptune. I suppose I should grind some ranks and upgrade some mods, but I frigging hate how the Archwing plays. I can't understand how it can be so sluggish compared to a warframe.

I tried a Sortie. On the first mission, I could contribute enough not to feel like a burden. My damage % was in the double digits, and I was in no danger of dying. I then tried a solo test run of the second mission, where I couldn't even survive the first mobs, much less hope of doing anything meaningful. And it was disappointing to discover that Nightwave wanted three full sorties for her elite weekly instead of single missions. I didn't have time to do it even if I could finish. And my first, free Riven mod doesn't seem very useful. What should I even do with it?

Spoiler: Spoilers for The Second Dream and Octavia's Anthem
    Show
    The Second Dream's boss was incredibly frustrating. I had to minimize the game while being killed and google the solution fast. And then I had to do this twice more for no reason at all. By far the weakest point of the story missions. It would have been much, much better if the Stalker just appeared and oneshotted you out of nowhere instead. The boss fight itself served less than no purpose.

Octavia's Anthem was also pretty damn frustrating. In all three iterations of the giant keyboard, I ended up missing a couple notes I couldn't see among the particle effects and samey background. It took me almost an hour of painstakingly going over almost every single key before I could find what I was missing. It wasn't hard, neither the enemies nor the platforming were very threatening. But it was really, really tedious.

I have some thoughts about the story and other spoilers too, but I'd like to compose them a bit more before posting.

30. - Top - End - #960

NinjaGuy

Thanks folks, you've given me some things to work towards. I did some Lua Spying in the meantime and managed to get Blood Rush. I couldn't finish even one when I first tried with my Rhino, until I watched a video and finished crafting my Limbo. Then I couldn't lose.
    Congratz on getting the mod and Limbo, they're both extremely useful!

Other than that, the game has kicked my ass somewhat lately:

The Index was tougher than I expected and I lost my first couple wagers, but I figured out how it works eventually and I'm now more than a million credits richer. The current index elite weekly seems practically impossible though.
    That challenge you really need to do with a squad of at least 2 - one to keep the goal safe and one to score (of course more people will make it go quicker). A CC frame like Limbo (with as much duration as possible) is actually ideal for the first part - put up a cataclysm on the goal, put up stasis and bingo! Enemy can't score. A Trinity to give Limbo an initial dose of energy would also be good, otherwise you might not have enough energy to put up both Cataclysm and Stasis up at the same time depending on the mods you have. Other frame choices would be Gara and Khora. Or you could just kill the enemy before they score with a frame like Mesa. If you go into recruiting chat you should be able to find a squad pretty quickly.

I tried, and failed, to finish the Archwing missions that are the only ones missing before I'm done with all planets up to Neptune. I suppose I should grind some ranks and upgrade some mods, but I frigging hate how the Archwing plays. I can't understand how it can be so sluggish compared to a warframe.
    Yeah it just plain sucks. I believe DE has said they'll look at AW again before Railjack aka Empyrean drops, but that's going to be later this year.

I tried a Sortie. On the first mission, I could contribute enough not to feel like a burden. My damage % was in the double digits, and I was in no danger of dying. I then tried a solo test run of the second mission, where I couldn't even survive the first mobs, much less hope of doing anything meaningful.
    When you get to sorties, the mods you have and their rank really matter, as well as how you're modding your weapons and Warframes. Do you have survivability mods like Vitality ranked up? Do your weapons have things like damage mods (Serration, Hornet Strike, ...) and elemental mods (Convulsion, Fever Strike, ...) ranked up, and are you modding them appropriately (e.g. crit/status mods for crit/status weapons, appropriate elemental combinations for the faction you're facing)? Do you have the rarer mods like Blood Rush, corrupted mods and the dual-stat elemental mods (mods that give +60% elemental damage and +60% status chance). If you want any pointers we're always happy to help!

And my first, free Riven mod doesn't seem very useful. What should I even do with it?
    A summary on riven mods:
    • Riven mods can drop from sorties (which is where you got your first one I assume?) and also from Gift of the Lotus alerts (which happen after DE does a devstream)
    • A given riven mod can only be used on a certain weapon, in this case the Torid.
    • Riven mods have mutable stats - you can actually change what stats the mod has by using a substance called Kuva to reroll the stats. This changes how many stats there are and what they are.
    • A riven mod can affect 2, 3 or 4 stats. You can actually get a negative for one stat (in your case, -Zoom) but as a consequence the bonuses from the other stats will be boosted. Also, -Zoom is a really nice negative to have, as it usually doesn't affect play much.
    • Kuva drops from Kuva Siphons/Floods, the survival mission on the Kuva fortress, and from bounties on the Plains of Eidolon/Orb Vallis. The siphon/floods are special missions that appear on planets that the Kuva fortress is near; in addition to the usual mission objective, a Kuva siphon will appear spawn somewhere on the map and suck up clouds of moving Kuva. You get Kuva by destroying the clouds using your spoiler mode, which will destroy one of the braids on the siphon (which will then give you some Kuva). Repeat 4 times and you're done. Siphons are easy but give less Kuva, Floods are harder (level is 80-100 so Sortie 3 level) but give you more Kuva.
    • Weapons have something called a riven disposition, which ranges from 1-5; this affects how large the bonuses on a weapon can be. Weapons with higher riven disposition can get bigger bonuses than ones with lower dispositions. Weapons with lower popularity have larger dispositions (as the point of rivens was to encourage people to use less popular weapons, hence the larger bonuses).
    • You can only have a certain number of riven mods total in your inventory; you start with 15 slots, and can buy more for platinum.
    • You can only put one riven mod on a weapon at a time (but you can have as many riven mods as your inventory allows, for whatever weapons).

In your case: the Torid is a 4-disposition weapon, which means it can give some large bonuses. I've barely touched the Torid, but it seems to have decent crit/status stats so it might be fun to play with. Those riven stats aren't horrible, but they're not fantastic either. You could wait till you get some Kuva and reroll it a few times to see if you get some better ones (damage/multishot/CC/CD/status chance/elemental damage are always some nice ones), or you can trade it/dissolve it for endo. You don't have to do anything with it at the moment though, you have space for 15 riven mods initially.

A word of warning though: rerolling stats has no 'progression' i.e. the stats you get from one roll to the next are completely random, and you have no control on what they are. If you want a certain stat/stat combination, your only choice is to keep rolling until you get it - and that could take a large amount of kuva. As a consequence, I tend to roll rivens a few times (up till 10 say) until they get somewhat decent stats (say a +element/+crit) and then just leave them.

Spoiler: Spoilers for The Second Dream and Octavia's Anthem
    Show

The Second Dream's boss was incredibly frustrating. I had to minimize the game while being killed and google the solution fast. And then I had to do this twice more for no reason at all. By far the weakest point of the story missions. It would have been much, much better if the Stalker just appeared and oneshotted you out of nowhere instead. The boss fight itself served less than no purpose.
    Agreed, that boss fight was the worst part of the quest. I initially didn't realise that the reticle told you how much energy you had left for your void beam, nor that you could fend off the Stalker's blast with just a brief burst of the beam, so I'd get to the middle of the room then run out of energy and be forced all the way back.

Octavia's Anthem was also pretty damn frustrating. In all three iterations of the giant keyboard, I ended up missing a couple notes I couldn't see among the particle effects and samey background. It took me almost an hour of painstakingly going over almost every single key before I could find what I was missing. It wasn't hard, neither the enemies nor the platforming were very threatening. But it was really, really tedious.
    Yeah the end puzzle, while thematically fitting, definitely had its downsides.

Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2019-04-18 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Fixed YouTube link.