New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Hmm... seems like it's more suited to teamwork than to solo mission, am I right? Thanks for the pointers!

Yesterday I was synthethising the three Elite Arid Lancers for the New Strange story quest... the Wolf spawned, I managed to scan the third Lancer while running away from him, but he pushed me into the evacuation zone with his hammer just as the Lancer was being synthethised. The game processed the action and the syndacate cred, but didn't process the quest advancement. I'll need to redo that.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

I am beginning to tire of the Wolf in general, to be honest. Fighting him just isn't fun, he disrupts missions that I'd rather just get done and over with, and more than once he's glitched/bugged a mission so that I had to restart, including being knocked off the level into a weird place that even /unstuck didn't help.

I really like the event, a lot more than I thought I would. I just wish that the Wolf had more of a gimmick, like Stalker or Zanuka, rather than just soaking up bullets for 10 uninterrupted minutes.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I am beginning to tire of the Wolf in general, to be honest. Fighting him just isn't fun, he disrupts missions that I'd rather just get done and over with, and more than once he's glitched/bugged a mission so that I had to restart, including being knocked off the level into a weird place that even /unstuck didn't help.

I really like the event, a lot more than I thought I would. I just wish that the Wolf had more of a gimmick, like Stalker or Zanuka, rather than just soaking up bullets for 10 uninterrupted minutes.
    The Wolf is why I run Valkyr Prime exclusively these days. Nothing like wailing on him with my 4 and be done with him in less than a minute.

4. - Top - End - #1024

Griffon

I feel like that's another problem with the Wolf - he doesn't scale very well, so if you're not running Valkyr or have your highest level DPS equipment on you all the time then you have no choice but to either spend ages fighting him or just running away.

It's not terrible for me. At MR23 I have a huge list of rank 10 mods and high-MR and/or Prime weapons to pick from so on an average run I can usually hold my own... Unless, like yesterday, I'd just Forma'd a mid-tier frame and my main weapon at the same time and might as well have been spitting at him.
    I really sympathise those who haven't put ~400 hours into the game and don't yet have the resources that I do, it must be miserable for them for every other mission to end in a wipe or fleeing to safety.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-05-09 at 05:24 AM.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ettin in the Playground

I feel like that's another problem with the Wolf - he doesn't scale very well, so if you're not running Valkyr or have your highest level DPS equipment on you all the time then you have no choice but to either spend ages fighting him or just running away.

It's not terrible for me. At MR23 I have a huge list of rank 10 mods and high-MR and/or Prime weapons to pick from so on an average run I can usually hold my own... Unless, like yesterday, I'd just Forma'd a mid-tier frame and my main weapon at the same time and might as well have been spitting at him.
    I really sympathise those who haven't put ~400 hours into the game and don't yet have the resources that I do, it must be miserable for them for every other mission to end in a wipe or fleeing to safety.
    Yeah. It was honestly jarring to run into him at some Earth node where all enemies has like ~200 hp at most, and then there's this guy with 10000 hp and a brickton of armour.

6. - Top - End - #1026

Griffon

At level 40 he has ~38,000hp with 70% damage reduction - effectively, 140,000hp. That's just ridiculous; even Sentients can be blasted with an Amp to reset their resistance and give you something to do apart from point a crosshair at them and wait.

I might forgive it if he even dropped anything worthwhile. I didn't even realise that he DID have any drops until I checked the wiki before making this post, I've killed him a dozen times and have barely even gotten a North Wind out of him, let alone anything valuable.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, I've started carrying a fast hitting weapon with Shattering Impact now to deal with the Wolf.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

The Excalibur Umbra I got the other day is the only thing I have that can kill the Wolf in a timely manner. Finally melting him with a radiation-modded Exalted Blade is glorious.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Speaking of the Wolf and Sentients, after Alad V put the mask on him he's classed as a Sentient, which means things that give you bonus damage to Sentients apply to him as well. In particular,

Spoiler: Chimera Prologue
    Show

the Paracesis with the Sacrificial mods and a crit radiation build does wonders with him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

10. - Top - End - #1030

Unlimited Wolftime this weekend. Two repeatable Tactical Alerts. ~ https://forums.warframe.com/topic/10...-six-showdown/
    Last edited by Leon; 2019-05-10 at 04:06 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

11. - Top - End - #1031

Griffon

There's also an Orb Vallis "Thermia Fractures" event going on where you have to complete a sort-of-Excavation type mission to score points - 1 point per completed Excavation with bonuses for using the same "battery" each time.

It's horrible. The cannisters only spawn from a certain enemy in one place on the map, which isn't marked. The geysers that you have to babysit also aren't marked on the map, so have fun Archwinging about at random trying to find them. There's a freakish amount of high level enemies teleporting in too, so expect to get 1-shot from no where at random.

At 100 points to earn an Opticor Vandal. I think I can live without that, it's not worth my time grinding up 7 points per mission, 30 minutes+ each.

12. - Top - End - #1032

Flumph

There's also an Orb Vallis "Thermia Fractures" event going on where you have to complete a sort-of-Excavation type mission to score points - 1 point per completed Excavation with bonuses for using the same "battery" each time.

It's horrible. The cannisters only spawn from a certain enemy in one place on the map, which isn't marked. The geysers that you have to babysit also aren't marked on the map, so have fun Archwinging about at random trying to find them. There's a freakish amount of high level enemies teleporting in too, so expect to get 1-shot from no where at random.

At 100 points to earn an Opticor Vandal. I think I can live without that, it's not worth my time grinding up 7 points per mission, 30 minutes+ each.
    I kinda wish they actually added a Thermia Fractures mission like how the Ghoul event has bounties specifically for it.

They added a feature where you can throw in more coolant canisters into a fissure - up to 4 - to make it count for more. I don't know if it's worth it, since I did that event when Buried Debts first dropped. It's probably still absolute garbage. At least the Exploiter Orb fight is fun.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Troll in the Playground

Last time there was a Thermia Fissures event, it counted as 7 if you had 4 canisters in the fissure. Of course, then everyone in the squad had to go get another canister each after every fissure. Also, it takes almost twice as long to seal each fissure (because it wasn't tediously long in the first place).

I finished my 100 for the Opticor Vandal last time, so I'm not touching that garbage this time around.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ettin in the Playground

If you have a full squad of 4, and if you get all 4 to add their canisters at the same time, you can reduce that to 5/10 minutes per 7 points, since a full 4 canister insta fills the thermia. Of course, presumably, you're also equipped to deal with the marginally higher difficulty.

15. - Top - End - #1035

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    If you have a full squad of 4, and if you get all 4 to add their canisters at the same time, you can reduce that to 5/10 minutes per 7 points, since a full 4 canister insta fills the thermia. Of course, presumably, you're also equipped to deal with the marginally higher difficulty.
    Equipment isn't a problem - I can just about solo a fissure, if I'm really concentrating (and my keyboard stops bugging out !)

The problem is, this early in the event I pretty much have to do that. I spent the better part of an hour last night trying to find a consistent group, because no one knew how to complete the mission and were just fighting the waves of Corpus over and over. I gave up when I finally found a group but the Exploiter didn't spawn so we couldn't progress and everyone left. I currently have 2 points towards the goal after all that effort, and now I'm currently playing something else in which to cool off for a bit....

16. - Top - End - #1036

I just wish the Navcom would tell me the event is back and NOT list the entire thing with all the original score and such because its such a big unnecessary thing when i have finished it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #1037

I kind of like the event. It's just a big mobile defense with high level enemies.
    Except that it goes a lot more smoothly with multiple people.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Unlimited Wolftime this weekend. Two repeatable Tactical Alerts. ~ https://forums.warframe.com/topic/10...-six-showdown/
    Now, if I can only find a group where one or two people don't just run off trying to get to the Wolf as soon as they can.

They're so used to being able to rush a boss and getting the mission done, they get stymied by the mechanics of the event, and end up just staring at the door they can't pass while their team-mates are dealing with, oh, 10-20 convicts...
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

19. - Top - End - #1039

And if you after the Sledge its likely better off doing the two runs and then seeing what you get and buy the missing parts as they are cheap now. 25 runs and all i got were handles, a couple of heads and mods. shortly thereafter i picked up the other two parts cheaply off trade.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #1040

Griffon

The drop rates are supposedly boosted for the Wolf runs compared to his random spawns, but the odds of him dropping the blueprint were only ~3% to begin with. It's still pretty poor odds with the boost.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    And if you after the Sledge its likely better off doing the two runs and then seeing what you get and buy the missing parts as they are cheap now. 25 runs and all i got were handles, a couple of heads and mods. shortly thereafter i picked up the other two parts cheaply off trade.
    The only thing I was missing was the motor. So it was mercifully few runs.

I got the mask out of it, though...

22. - Top - End - #1042

NecromancerGirl

I've got no real interest in his hammer, so I just ran them once each. The first because I had to and the second because of the rifle riven. Both times I joined a group that had already killed him and was heading to extraction... I'm not sure how I feel about that.

I did finally reach nightwave 30 this morning, which is nice since I was away on vacation last week and couldn't play.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm absurdly lucky in this game. It took me just 6 tries to get a full set. No mask yet, but I don't want to put the Sentient mind-controlling device on my head anyway.
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

24. - Top - End - #1044

Flumph

The drop rates are supposedly boosted for the Wolf runs compared to his random spawns, but the odds of him dropping the blueprint were only ~3% to begin with. It's still pretty poor odds with the boost.
    Yup. It's like a 30% chance to get a part from the first alert, and a 70% chance on the 2nd alert.

The fact that abilities now work on the Wolf make things a ton easier, though. I was very surprised that Rhino's 4 basically stops him in place, and that I could just spam my minimum-duration Energy Vampire on Trinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I'm absurdly lucky in this game. It took me just 6 tries to get a full set. No mask yet, but I don't want to put the Sentient mind-controlling device on my head anyway.
    The way you wear it is kind of weird, which is the only reason I'm not sure I want it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by OutOfThyme; 2019-05-11 at 05:28 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThyme View Post
    Yup. It's like a 30% chance to get a part from the first alert, and a 70% chance on the 2nd alert.
    Which is why so many people were just flooding the server. Talk about lag.

The fact that abilities now work on the Wolf make things a ton easier, though. I was very surprised that Rhino's 4 basically stops him in place, and that I could just spam my minimum-duration Energy Vampire on Trinity.
    Eh, mostly I went in with my Mirage Prime, kept 1 and 3 going, and loaded up a boosted amprex for radiation. Fugitives dropped fast.

The way you wear it is kind of weird, which is the only reason I'm not sure I want it.
    Eh, they'll probably alter it after enough comments.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

Apparently the Wolf is vulnerable to Fatal Teleport now.

You're welcome.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post

You're welcome.
    Covert Lethality is a no-go though, unless there was some external factor keeping it from doing its thing.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

28. - Top - End - #1048

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post

You're welcome.
    I wonder is Undertow works? I doubt it, it seems too obvious... but it'll make everyone so mad to have to sit and wait 20 minutes for him to drown if it does. I think I'll have to try it, just for fun.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

They changed undertow so you can shoot the puddle to damage the occupants.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Covert Lethality is a no-go though, unless there was some external factor keeping it from doing its thing.
    I saw someone do it yesterday. He was dead before I finished the animation for popping Hysteria.
    Spoiler
    Show