Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1083
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

It looks like these nerfs to the Assassination version of the Wolf don't apply to his randomly spawned version. Last night I was taking a couple of MR2 friends through a mission and the Wolf happened to spawn (along with an assassin)... I was the only one with a weapon that had an effect on him, and the 12k damage I was dealing per hit only got him to half health before time ran out and he despawned. He was also oneshotting me through my Trinity's Link, and both Wolf and the Fugitives counted as Invalid Targets for my 1 and 2.

But good news, the Wolf will still randomly spawn after this season of Nightwave is over! Yay?
    "Only things I approve of should exist." -Some guy on the internet
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ive yet to face against this wolf, what is it like? what should I bring in order to deal with this thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Marywn View Post
    TIME FOR THESAURUS.COM!
    Consummate
    For a sufficiently sexy Fey patron, that might be the best word yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Have Barbarian Bear Totem Centaur, who's being ridden by a Cavalier Centaur, who's being ridden by a Life Cleric Centaur, who's being ridden by a Goliath Monk, who's being ridden by a Gnomish Warlock.

HI-HO SILVER, AWAYYYYYYY~!

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quick heads-up for those farming the Wolf for the mask - apparently it's not something that vacuum picks up, you'll see a physical model of it near where the wolf dies that you have to go over and pick up manually.

(Sorry I don't have time to respond to you Marywn, bit busy atm).
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

The nice thing about the assassination mission is that you know ahead of time that you're going to run into him and can equip yourself specifically for it, with things that you normally wouldn't carry. Things like Shattering Impact on a Bullet Dance Sarpa.

Facing him when you're not prepared isn't fun at all. He's tanky as ****. Absurd armor and health. And the hitbox for his head doesn't quite match up with the image; I couldn't tell you how many rounds I've fired through where his head appeared to be and missed completely. And before anyone says anything, as Ivara, in Prowl, solo, with a sniper rifle. I didn't miss because he was moving; his head Was. Not. There.

Valkyr can cut him down pretty quickly if you pop Hysteria. Otherwise, carry a gun modded for lots of radiation damage and pray that you drop him before you run out of ammo. If you have house/roommates or close neighbors, maybe gag yourself so they don't hear you shrieking profanity.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #1055

He's also vulnerable to most abilities now - Khora can keep him tied up forever, and Revenant can trigger his % damage dash-through against the big guy.

(And a bunch of other options are going to work, too.)
    Last edited by Misery Esquire; 2019-05-13 at 05:45 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

Do us all a favour though, and DON'T take Frost or Limbo to the fight.

The guy is very tanky and hits hard enough to one-shot most Warframes who aren't using specific defences against it, and I will NOT thank you if you pop Frost Globe or Cataclysm so that I have no choice but to fight him from within a range of 10 meters because I can't shoot into your aura.

I don't care how quickly you can drop him with a set of Fury Prime/Shattering Impact Kogake, it'll still be a lot quicker if the other 3 people in the group are allowed to join in!
    You don't know what it was like.
    You weren't there.
    You never fought in the Console Wars.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Esquire View Post
    He's also vulnerable to most abilities now - Khora can keep him tied up forever, and Revenant can trigger his % damage dash-through against the big guy.

(And a bunch of other options are going to work, too.)
    It's my understanding that if he is only vulnerable to warframe abilities on his assassination nodes.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

8. - Top - End - #1058

NinjaGuy

FYI to anyone who's already been to Baro: DE made an oopsie on console and released Primed Pack Leader ahead of schedule, so in the interests of fairness they've released it on all platforms - go grab if you want.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ettin in the Playground

a mod for people who have too much ducats, credits and endo. Pack Leader whenever i have used it has never been lacking for ability...
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Eh. Regular Pack Leader is more than enough to keep space pupper/cat at full health. It's not like Primed Animal Instinct, so I'm skipping it.

Also, it's going to be mandatory (see the last entry in the article) to get Two-Factor Authentication for PC if you want to trade. You get a free Ephemera for it when the Jovian Concord update drops, which is nice, but since they're only going to allow people with 2FA to trade, it's going to be important.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

It's been 2 and a half years, but I finally unlocked a Riven mod worth having - a Tigris Visidex (+95% damage, 50% status, -12% ammo capacity).

I've opened so many duds that I had started turning any that I wouldn't easily open straight into Endo, as it just wasn't worth the time even trying to sell them for platinum. Even the ones I have opened have been only so-so; this will be only the second one that I've opened and will probably keep on a weapon that I might use unless I get a really good offer. From what I can gather from Google, +Dam/+Multishot is the really highly valued version but +Dam/+Status (of 50% and higher) can go for up to 300 platinum on a really, really lucky day. Happy days!

And I got that just as I finished the last of my starchart, too - I'd been sitting on a few odd Defections and other unpleasant chores for over a year and finally got around to clearing them out. A true gift from the Lotus!
    You weren't there.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThyme View Post
    Also, it's going to be mandatory (see the last entry in the article) to get Two-Factor Authentication for PC if you want to trade. You get a free Ephemera for it when the Jovian Concord update drops, which is nice, but since they're only going to allow people with 2FA to trade, it's going to be important.
    Note that you can get the confirmation delivered to your email if your phone isn't up to speed.

13. - Top - End - #1063

NinjaGuy

PSA: The Jovian Concord is online now! Yay!
    PSA: It borked the screen resolution for quite a few people, including me. On starting Warframe after the update I could only see the upper-left section of the screen, which meant that I couldn't actually click on the button to get rid of the intro screen. Thankfully pressing Alt+Enter switches to windowed mode, which at least allows you to see everything. The resolution is still borked, but at least you can use the game.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ettin in the Playground

There is an unspoken etiquette in Warframe for various situations. For example, if you and your group open relics, and both you and someone else open a duplicate reward, you'll pick the other guy's just to give him that little extra void trace. It's not much, but it's polite.

I would like to hereby establish a new etiquette to help out ourselves and our friends when playing in the new Disruption mode; <tag> the objective when you're about to use a key on it! There's crap flying all over the screen and visual FX going off everywhere, it's not always practical to look at all the new icons and see which one has been activated. Just <tag> it and everyone can tell at a glance, pretty please?
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-05-23 at 05:04 PM.
    You weren't there.

15. - Top - End - #1065

The new gas city tileset is really cool looking. Not a huge fan of some of the parkour areas, but that's mostly because I'm bad at it. The new enemies are freaky and different, and I like that. Looking forward to trying out the cyatex or whatever the new pistol is called.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    There is an unspoken etiquette in Warframe for various situations. For example, if you and your group open relics, and both you and someone else open a duplicate reward, you'll pick the other guy's just to give him that little extra void trace. It's not much, but it's polite.

I would like to hereby establish a new etiquette to help out ourselves and our friends when playing in the new Disruption mode; <tag> the objective when you're about to use a key on it! There's crap flying all over the screen and visual FX going off everywhere, it's not always practical to look at all the new icons and see which one has been activated. Just <tag> it and everyone can tell at a glance, pretty please?
    I didn't really have that issue while I was playing this afternoon. The main problem I ran into is someone would bring a key and then run as far as they could from the objective so they could spin to win. Which wouldn't be as much of a problem if everyone else weren't doing the same. Also, there were a few times where the demolyst spawned directly on top of the objective and exploded before it could be killed.

The new boss fight is... I dunno. I got totally trashed on my first attempt as the laser blasts one shot my oberon. Something that didn't happen on subsequent attempts. It only took me a couple tries to figure out what to do after the first step. I'm also not sure if I ran into an issue at the end. Once I got the boss down to zero it immediately regenerated to full hp. I'm not sure if my timing was off or what, but it took me killing it four times before it finally registered as a kill. Haven't run the fight since to see if that's the way it's supposed to be.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

16. - Top - End - #1066

Flumph

Love the new update! It's fun, and Disruption is plenty of fun.

There's also a new Amalgam enemy that can spawn specters of your Warframes. That's surprisingly dangerous, but the specters die if you kill the main Amalgam.

17. - Top - End - #1067

I rather like the new mode. Is it me, or are the rewards underwhelming though? And I am very, very confused about Alad V.

Spoiler: Story, Everything
    Show
    First, we meet and fight him after he flays Valkyrie for his Zanuka project. (Which was far more terrifying before the Second Dream). He helps us against Hunhow and Tyl Regor in the Second Dream, and we owe him a favor for this. Later he goes crazy, defects from the Corpus, tries to conquer the system with the Infestation and we stop him. And then he returns to the Corpus as if nothing happened and starts a new project to combine humans with Sentients? What the hell?
    Many thanks to Assassin 89 for this avatar!

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Firbolg in the Playground

Really like the new boss fight.

Not so happy with Disruption. There's a lot of waiting around for Keys to spawn, and fairly often the first thing I see of a Demolyst is it exploding.

Spoiler: Alad V
    Show
    I'm fairly certain his Mutalist phase came before Second Dream, and is why he helps us there. So at the point of the Amalgam project, he's been lurking around doing Corpus stuff for some time. The Corpus can forgive anything for the right price, even trying to assimilate them all into an Infested hivemind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    ~Inner Circle~
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    I rather like the new mode. Is it me, or are the rewards underwhelming though? And I am very, very confused about Alad V.

Spoiler: Story, Everything
    Show
    First, we meet and fight him after he flays Valkyrie for his Zanuka project. (Which was far more terrifying before the Second Dream). He helps us against Hunhow and Tyl Regor in the Second Dream, and we owe him a favor for this. Later he goes crazy, defects from the Corpus, tries to conquer the system with the Infestation and we stop him. And then he returns to the Corpus as if nothing happened and starts a new project to combine humans with Sentients? What the hell?
    As NarkisRecaiden said, a lot of the plot progression got lost when the star chart got re-vamped; Alad V is probably the character whose lore has suffered the most.

Spoiler: Alad V
    Show
    After his introduction and a couple early Operations (Operation Sling-Stone, Operation Arid Fear), he starts work on the Zanuka Project from reverse engineered warframes, coming into direct conflict with us (The Gradivus Dilemma).

We rescue the captured Warframes (The Hunt for Alad V, represented by his current boss fight) and Alad V goes underground for a while. We find out that Alad's been messing around with the Infested (Suspicious Shipments), which is later confirmed to be a new strain of the Technocyte virus, the Mutualist strain, that can infect machines.

Alad tries to use this new force of Mutualist Infested to take over the solar system from Eris (Operation Breeding Ground, Operation Mutualist Incursions) and while fighting him, we discover he's managed to infect a warframe and himself with the Mutualist strain. We hunt down this infected Warframe and defeat Alad V (Patient Zero).

We help Alad V find a cure for himself (Operation Tubemen of Regor) and in thanks for that, he helps us find the Lotus (The Second Dream).

Due to his interference during The Second Dream, Stalker and his Acolytes decide to hunt him down; Alad V calls in his favour and we intercept the Acolytes instead (Operation Shadow Debt).

He goes quiet for a while, only contributing a Zanuka-like proxy, Lockjaw, to the Corpus (The Index), before getting back up to his old shenanigans with The Wolf (Wolf of Saturn Six). The Wolf breaks Alad's control, but Alad has enough information to carry on his work;

Spoiler: Spoilers for The Sacrifice, Chimera Prologue and The Jovian Concord
    Show
    with additional help from Natah to create Corpus/Sentient hybrids. As additional security since Alad is so trustworthy, she sends a Sentient, the Ropalolyst, to keep an eye on him.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2019-05-24 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Wrong playgrounder

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    I didn't really have that issue while I was playing this afternoon. The main problem I ran into is someone would bring a key and then run as far as they could from the objective so they could spin to win. Which wouldn't be as much of a problem if everyone else weren't doing the same.
    I don't think that is a problem specific to Disruption to be fair - Excavations and Defense mission are rife with the same thing, in my experience.

I'm also not sure if I ran into an issue at the end. Once I got the boss down to zero it immediately regenerated to full hp. I'm not sure if my timing was off or what, but it took me killing it four times before it finally registered as a kill. Haven't run the fight since to see if that's the way it's supposed to be.
    The boss is pretty buggy in general. The first time I fought it, at the start of the second stage it just turned completely invisible except for the health bar, making aiming at it's weak spots utterly impossible. We spent 10 minutes shooting wildly and trying to coax it off the central platform but to no avail, and we had to quit the mission.

They'll smooth it out over the coming days, bosses are usually pretty janky for a while I kind of hope they turn down some of the visual effects too; my computer runs the game just fine, but I literally can't see ANYTHING for minutes at a time due to all the lightning and missiles and stuff, and it's quite frustrating.
    Last edited by Wraith; 2019-05-24 at 07:44 AM.
    You weren't there.

21. - Top - End - #1071

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    As Narkis said, a lot of the plot progression got lost when the star chart got re-vamped; Alad V is probably the character whose lore has suffered the most.
    One thing I've always felt was a huge missed opportunity is turning those operations into quests. I started playing right before specters of the rail dropped and missed out on a lot of the storyline as it progressed. Further, it's really kind of confusing for someone who wasn't part of those events. Just speaking of Alad V, you can reach Uranus and access the Natah quest long before you reach Eris and encounter him again, even though technically Natah happens later.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Narkis View Post
    Yeah. Even after buffing the Hexenon rewards, it's still worse than just looting enemies. It's pretty bad right now, and the only reason to do it is to get 4k on the endurance mode to get the Glaxion Vandal.

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Really like the new boss fight.

Not so happy with Disruption. There's a lot of waiting around for Keys to spawn, and fairly often the first thing I see of a Demolyst is it exploding.
    There's actually a sound cue for Demolysts where they beep if you're close enough to them. The beeping starts off far enough away, and you can actually find them. Sometimes they spawn really far away from the conduits, and you won't find them, and other times they'll spawn really close. Once I knew how to track them based on the sound effect, it got a lot easier to find them.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    One thing I've always felt was a huge missed opportunity is turning those operations into quests.
    I believe DE are considering it, they're just trying to find a way to get it into the game engine (spaghetti code) and into their work schedule.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThyme View Post
    There's actually a sound cue for Demolysts where they beep if you're close enough to them. The beeping starts off far enough away, and you can actually find them. Sometimes they spawn really far away from the conduits, and you won't find them, and other times they'll spawn really close. Once I knew how to track them based on the sound effect, it got a lot easier to find them.
    They also pop up on your minimap with the red crosshair icon (like capture targets).
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I don't think that is a problem specific to Disruption to be fair - Excavations and Defense mission are rife with the same thing, in my experience.
    Objective? What objective? I'm here for the Affinity, being damage / kill leader and the drops!

Someone else can handle the objective.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Troll in the Playground

Gotta say, I really like playing Titania, and I'm so glad they finally put in a boss fight just for her.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Gotta say, I really like playing Titania, and I'm so glad they finally put in a boss fight just for her.
    I just wish they fixed the dynamic out of bounds area since Void Dashing on the Ropalolyst tiles keeps on making me respawn where I started.

28. - Top - End - #1078

It's not just one. Kela De Thaym and Lephantis are both straight up easier with Titania, and she's at least above average for the rest as well.

For Ropalolyst my favourite trick simply diving off the platform after the cut-scene to avoid adds and death lasers. Get below the limb before hitting 4 and you're safe while you get Razorwing Blitz up.
    Last edited by Excession; 2019-05-27 at 05:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Excession View Post
    It's not just one. Kela De Thaym and Lephantis are both straight up easier with Titania, and she's at least above average for the rest as well.
    Yeah, Titania is awesome, but I've never done 60-80% of the group's damage on Kela or Lephantis the way I was consistently doing on the Ropalolyst. Though to be fair, I did most of my farming on both of those before I got Titania... Of course, now that I have all the Wisp pieces I'm not likely to spend a lot of time on Ropy any more, either.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1080

Flumph

Yeah, Titania is awesome, but I've never done 60-80% of the group's damage on Kela or Lephantis the way I was consistently doing on the Ropalolyst. Though to be fair, I did most of my farming on both of those before I got Titania... Of course, now that I have all the Wisp pieces I'm not likely to spend a lot of time on Ropy any more, either.
    There's also the new Amalgam mods. The Javlok one allows you to build a reflection build (with in-built scaling) with a Sword & Shield. It's pretty silly, to be honest.

As far as the Ropalolyst fight goes, I've just been going in with Chroma or Nezha with my Lanka to take out the synovias in a few hits. It's a really annoying fight, though, since the synovias are behind the Ropalolyst. It's a cool fight, but kind of janky at times thanks to how easy it is to get out-of-bounds.