New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    My Hek and Rhino came out of the oven yesterday and I'm definitely in love. The shotun feels weighty with a nice kick, and Rhino itself gives me flashbacks to my ME2 Vanguard days. The prime axe (I forget the name) that I got for free with Twitch Prime fits him perfectly as well. He has a ways to go to catch up to the others, but I'm sure a defense mission or two will get him going.
    Rhino's second and third abilities are some of the best non-ultimate abilities in the game. Iron Skin makes you invulnerable and unable to be knocked down (although Grineer Commanders can still teleport you, to my annoyance). Roar gives you and all allies within a decent radius's a weapon damage buff as long as they were in range when it was cast - they can go wherever after the fact until the timer wears out.

Stomp, by comparison, is good, but not great. It's a crowd control ability, but IMO the energy cost is too high since max rank in Stomp only gets you an 8 second CC and doesn't do enough damage against high levels. I'd rather have Frost's Avalanche.

EDIT: I bought Mesa with plat. That grind is indefensible - guaranteed that you need 3 kills of Alad V, and almost certainly requires more because you will almost certainly get at least one dupe.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2018-01-04 at 03:26 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Mesa on the other hand has a lot less interactivity. Her first three powers are all variations of buffs - you can refresh every so often but otherwise ignore - and her fourth, while incredibly powerful and very satisfying, can be summarised as "hold down a button and don't move until everything is dead". It's effective, but you don't have to work very hard after hitting Rank 10; her biggest drawback is that most of her powers buff your allies or your equipped weapons, so if you don't have any particularly good weapons (or allies....) to choose from then it limits what else she does.
    I find that Shattershield's DR is a must on higher level content and Shooting Gallery is very effective against Grineer and Corpus (less Bombard rockets to the face or stopping that Tech's Supra from spinning up is always a good thing).

3. - Top - End - #93
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

You just.... don't seem to do very much with Mesa, especially by the time you're using Prime or Syndicate weapons. Turn on your buffs every couple of minutes, maybe hit Ballistic Battery when something spongy turns up, and while Peacemaker is active you can't run, or jump, or slide, or fire an alternative weapon.... just hold down 'E' until everything is gone and move on.

It's absolutely effective and as I said I like Mesa a lot, but it's a very different play-style to other Warframes and I found it took a while for that to settle into my brain. Same reason that I don't really get on with Trinity or Harrow - buff heavy Warframes with little in the way of directly offensive powers are always a struggle for me, unlike Hydroid or Ash - but it's personal preference, I make no bones about that.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Ash can be a pain to farm because you have to find Grineer Manics. Specifically Grineer Manics, too; Drekar Manics (which are much easier to find) don't drop the pieces. But he's fun with the Fatal Teleport syndicate mod and a dagger with Covert Lethality.

Saryn is a pain to get because Kela De Thaym is one of the most irritating fights in the game, plus you have to keep doing arenas to get justice points before you can even face her. And then Chroma also requires Saryn systems to build, which is the least common warframe piece off her.

It's also a pain to get groups together for Atlas and Limbo just because everyone hates archwing missions, and people that already have those frames tend to have PTSD from the acquisition. I just bought both of them one day when DE had a massive sale.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

5. - Top - End - #95

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Ash can be a pain to farm because you have to find Grineer Manics. Specifically Grineer Manics, too; Drekar Manics (which are much easier to find) don't drop the pieces. But he's fun with the Fatal Teleport syndicate mod and a dagger with Covert Lethality.
    Apparently you can get a Manic to spawn every time you do Clem's daily mission, which I've seen recommended as a good way to (slowly) grind for him. But yeah, I didn't do that, and by the time I got vanilla Ash I'd already had Ash Prime for ages. And he's vaulted. And I didn't buy him off another player.

Saryn is a pain to get because Kela De Thaym is one of the most irritating fights in the game, plus you have to keep doing arenas to get justice points before you can even face her. And then Chroma also requires Saryn systems to build, which is the least common warframe piece off her.
    A-yup. Though I didn't find the boss fight itself too bad, it's just getting to the boss fight and getting those ******* systems to drop is a pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've happily given you one of my spares, but like an idiot I cleared out my duplicates only a little while ago to get the cash I needed to upgrade the latest Ki'Teer mods....
    I actually have useful advice for once!

Whenever you feel the need to scrap mods, I sort by duplicates and dissolve everything with more than 10 copies. Fast, mindless, and with minimal chance of screwing yourself over.

Ash can be a pain to farm because you have to find Grineer Manics.
    Once you've got a good crowd control frame* and Quick Thinking, run a raid. Law of Retribution WILL get you at least one Ash part, and I've gotten all 3 in a run before. As an added bonus, you'll never run out of credits again once you've done it enough to know where to find caches. You get an average of about 625k for LoR regular & nightmare; the amount can vary anywhere from 250k to a little over 2 million based mostly on how many players have an active credit booster at the ends of the raids. You'll find a booster in about 1-in-5 caches, and there's 1 guaranteed cache/a good chance for 2 in each of the three stages of these raids.

*Vauban or Nyx have no particular responsibilities, and are part of the normal meta, so a new player is most likely to be accepted with either of these. Just spam CC around the trinity when you're not doing anything, and be a good paperweight on the puzzle-lock near the start of stage 2. Get on your button and do whatever is necessary to make sure you don't get off until the door is unlocked. Popular choices for making sure you don't get pulled off include "switch to melee and block constantly"; "kill scorpions, powerfists, and bombards who get close", and "switch to spoiler mode and hide".
    Also, nobody ever wants to be Loki because it's boring as heck; but carrying the bomb isn't difficult if you have at least 600 energy.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

I've still never run a raid. I have every frame (well, I've sold the normal versions of those that I have Primes), and I'm comfortable with most of them. I picked up Primed Flow from Baro a while back, and a lot of frames break 600 energy with that. I don't have a Quick Thinking, though (or the Gladiator mod that functions the same way). I guess I need to start trolling the recruiting channel for groups.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Saryn is a pain to get because Kela De Thaym is one of the most irritating fights in the game, plus you have to keep doing arenas to get justice points before you can even face her.
    It's easier to qualify for the boss fight now as they've halved the number of points required (it's now 25) and the points lost after a fight (now 12), but kept the points rewards from the arenas the same (you only need 1 run of the highest level arena for enough points to fight her twice).

Once you've got the right frames and weapons, the fight is fairly easy - Ignis (Wraith) for the rotating targets and either Limbo or a max range Frost to survive the orbital bombardment.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    It's easier to qualify for the boss fight now as they've halved the number of points required (it's now 25) and the points lost after a fight (now 12), but kept the points rewards from the arenas the same (you only need 1 run of the highest level arena for enough points to fight her twice).

Once you've got the right frames and weapons, the fight is fairly easy - Ignis (Wraith) for the rotating targets and either Limbo or a max range Frost to survive the orbital bombardment.
    I always fought her with Valkyr. Hysteria for immunity to the bombardment, a Rage mod for instant energy refill when I ran out and Hysteria dropped, Ripline to streak across the arena and stay in her face. Slide attacks with Hysteria did the job fairly quickly.

Of course, if the daily sortie ends with an assassination on her, I just nope it and see what it is the next day. Come to think of it, the only assassination sorties I'll do are Vor, Nef/Sergeant, Hyena, and Phorid. The rest are the sort of negativity I don't need in my life. They're certainly an awful lot of effort when 99% of the time the reward is an Ayatan.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #100

Just unlocked my first Riven mod.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm MR 6

11. - Top - End - #101

Griffon

My condolences.

I have yet to see a Riven come out as less than MR12, so I can't say that I'm surprised.

12. - Top - End - #102

I'm not super upset. The unlock was mostly a side effect of having to unlock the Uranus Junction, since the unlock requirement was "find 2 hidden caches in 1 day."

13. - Top - End - #103

Griffon

Ah, okay - that ones pretty easy. Protip, if you didn't already know: The hidden caches that come up as mission on the Plains of Eidolon do count towards that Riven, even though they come in groups of 3 at a time.

I've got one of my own to do - get a 3x melee modifier and get it to last for 30 seconds, with a pet present. I mean, I know how to do that one.... I just can't be bothered.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Spamalot in the Playground

Just wanted to thank you guys for the shotgun advice; the Hek has quickly become a godsend for my Sol trip and I frequently come in first on damage dealt during public matches while also coming in first in revives due to how tough my Rhino is (Iron Skin and Charge ftw.) To help me deal with the small clip size, I upped a Tactical Pump and Seeking Fury I had laying around. I feel like my Mass Effect 2 Vanguard, except I'm also a ninja that can run on walls, climb in vents and snap unsuspecting guards' necks.

Just finished Second Dream (those Sentinels are cheap as **** btw ) and I'm making my way through Pluto now. Question - when is a good time to start the Plains of Eidolon stuff? My current plan is to unlock every planet/junction first, is that reasonable? Or is there something I would get from PoE that would trivialize the rest of my solar system trek, for example?.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Can't be bothered to put Body Count in a melee weapon and do a 5 minute solo survival? The Venka is particularly good for that challenge, as it has a really fast combo ramp-up (I think the Prime version has the fastest in the game). You'd probably have it done by the time you hit the 2-minute mark.

The two Akbolto Rivens I've picked up only require MR 8 and 9, and I'm pretty sure I have a few more with similar requirements. Don't think I've seen any lower than 8, though.
    Question - when is a good time to start the Plains of Eidolon stuff? My current plan is to unlock every planet/junction first, is that reasonable? Or is there something I would get from PoE that would trivialize the rest of my solar system trek, for example?.
    You can start it whenever; they put it on Earth so that players could get into it really early in their careers. There's an NPC that gives missions that determine the level of the enemies you'll face; you can pick a range from about 10 to 60. And the set mods are mostly lower-power versions of other mods, so a new player that doesn't have those will benefit more. That said, some of them are actually better, and the set mods have interesting effects that even veterans might find enticing.

Also, you have to do Plains to get Gara, and while she's not brokenly OP like she was at release, she's still fun.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2018-01-10 at 10:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

Griffon

Can't be bothered to put Body Count in a melee weapon and do a 5 minute solo survival? The Venka is particularly good for that challenge, as it has a really fast combo ramp-up (I think the Prime version has the fastest in the game). You'd probably have it done by the time you hit the 2-minute mark.
    Huh. For some reason, I was convinced that by "Melee Combo" meant getting successive Stealth Kills. Is that a thing, or did I imagine it?

Question - when is a good time to start the Plains of Eidolon stuff? My current plan is to unlock every planet/junction first, is that reasonable? Or is there something I would get from PoE that would trivialize the rest of my solar system trek, for example?.
    I'd say to go there as soon as you comfortably can. All of the missions give randomly generated rewards, so if there's something in particular you're after then you might as well start the grind as early as possible. That's certainly seeming to be true of resource gathering, like fish and minerals, for ranking up with Konzu - with 700 hours of playtime when PoE came out, it was quite a shock to me to have to actually go out and farm a not-insignificant amount of something, for once.

To answer your second question, no - there's nothing in PoE so abusively broken that it will spoil the rest of the game for you. There's a very small number of things there that you can't do without Spoiler Mode, but they're pretty trivial. You *might* accidentally put together a Zaw that carries you further than expected, perhaps, but none of them are so good that you won't find another weapon - certainly Syndicate or Prime - that will overtake them in short order.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Troll in the Playground

Huh. For some reason, I was convinced that by "Melee Combo" meant getting successive Stealth Kills. Is that a thing, or did I imagine it?
    Stealth melee kills do count towards (and benefit from) your combo multiplier as long as you're racking them up fast enough. But they're not necessary, and you can ramp your counter up a lot faster if your weapon requires multiple strikes to down an enemy.

There's another Riven challenge that requires getting a bunch of stealth kills, but equip a silenced sniper rifle and prowl around the Plains and you'll finish that one in short order, too. Especially if you're using Ivara or Equinox; sleeping enemies count as unalerted no matter what their status was before you knocked them out.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Stealth melee kills do count towards (and benefit from) your combo multiplier as long as you're racking them up fast enough. But they're not necessary, and you can ramp your counter up a lot faster if your weapon requires multiple strikes to down an enemy.
    I once made it to something just north of 300 on a combo counter using Wukong, Body Count, and Drifting Contact. This was all while testing out Blood Rush for the first time, and I started getting orange crits everytime I swung. It was amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

19. - Top - End - #109

Griffon

I figured out the problem. Turns out, because I tend to be ruthlessly efficient at keeping only my best and favourite weapons in my arsenal at any given time, I didn't have a weapon crap enough to actually let me rack up a multiplier - one hit kills force you to peak at about x2.5 when I desperately needed x3.

In the end I had to strip ALL of the mods (apart from Fury) off'f my Venka just so that I could hit something more than twice before it died. Good times!

It was worth it, though. For the first time since they came out I now have a Riven for a weapon that I actually want to use, and it's doubly great because I also learned that, unlike Syndicate mods, Rivens work on variants of a weapon - Boltor is the same as Boltor Prime and Telos Boltor, so that's kinda great. Time to start spending some Forma.

Shame that the other Riven I opened was for a Gazal. Machetes..... Free to a good.not so good home, if anyone wants it?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

Just finished Second Dream (those Sentinels are cheap as **** btw )...
    A quick tip - you can hit sentinels (and stalker) with your spoiler mode beam which will strip their damage adaptations off.

21. - Top - End - #111

A quick tip - you can hit sentinels (and stalker) with your spoiler mode beam which will strip their damage adaptations off.
    That might not be so helpful during the quest to unlock the beam.

It was worth it, though. For the first time since they came out I now have a Riven for a weapon that I actually want to use, and it's doubly great because I also learned that, unlike Syndicate mods, Rivens work on variants of a weapon - Boltor is the same as Boltor Prime and Telos Boltor, so that's kinda great. Time to start spending some Forma.

Shame that the other Riven I opened was for a Gazal. Machetes..... Free to a good.not so good home, if anyone wants it?
    Syndicate mods actually do work on variants...except for Scattered Justice on the Hek. Dark Dagger, Skana, Kunai (Mk-1), etc. can take the syndicate mods.

And the Gazal is the 3rd best machete! (now, you do need the infuriatingly rare Cyclone Kraken stance for it ) Used to be the best! Synergy with the Djinn! People will like it! Me, if no one else, but I bet you could sell it.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    What Recaiden said.

My bf was able to help me get it (he is closing in on MR 10) by using his own beam. I can't fathom how you're expected to do that quest solo. Also, in the prior quest, those drones were annoying af too. Sometimes I want to wring their quest design by the neck.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2018-01-12 at 11:16 AM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Baro actually has some good stuff this time. I picked up P Continuity, Reach, and Cryo Rounds. He also has the Vulkar Wraith available.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Ah, I meant afterwards.

My bf was able to help me get it (he is closing in on MR 10) by using his own beam. I can't fathom how you're expected to do that quest solo. Also, in the prior quest, those drones were annoying af too. Sometimes I want to wring their quest design by the neck.
    Bring a big tanky frame (eg Rhino) with weapons which don't share damage types (eg primary with corrosive and puncture, secondary with radiation and slash) or weapons that split damage types evenly (ie equal puncture/impact/slash) or weapons that have a high chance of slash procs or weapons that inflict so much alpha damage that the sentient can't adapt (eg Opticor, Tigris Prime).

I cleared the quest solo and while it took me a few attempts, it's certainly possible.

25. - Top - End - #115

Ah, I meant afterwards.

Bring a big tanky frame (eg Rhino) with weapons which don't share damage types (eg primary with corrosive and puncture, secondary with radiation and slash) or weapons that split damage types evenly (ie equal puncture/impact/slash) or weapons that have a high chance of slash procs or weapons that inflict so much alpha damage that the sentient can't adapt (eg Opticor, Tigris Prime).

I cleared the quest solo and while it took me a few attempts, it's certainly possible.
    It's irrelevant now because I have the 5, but if for some ungodly reason I have to do this again I'll keep this in mind.

In other news, I hear Void Trader is back this weekend and packing Primed Continuity? (EDIT: Just saw mangosta's post)

EDIT2: It took a bunch of my blueprints but I snagged a Primed Continuity from him! *happy dance*
    Guess I'd better get to work cracking relics before he comes around again.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2018-01-13 at 10:56 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #116

If anyone wants to do The Second Dream with me at ~9 eastern/8 central/7 Mountain/6 Pacific tonight that'd be great.

EDIT: I'm on PC.

EDITEDIT: Got my spoiler mode.

Spoiler: Quest spoilers
    Show

Where the <redacted> was this level of characterization and writing earlier? This was extremely well done. That being said, the Battalyst fight was extremely aggravating - I went into it with the heads-up that I'd have to bring corrosive and/or different damage types to break through the adaptive defenses (my loadout for the non-stealth missions was Rhino/Soma Prime/Twin Grakatas/Scindo Prime), and the only reason I won was because I was able to use Scindo Prime when the Battalyst bugged out and stopped hitting me, since I'd modded it with corrosive damage. That thing hit like a <redacted> truck.

Whoever did the soundtrack for the mission was amazing. I spent a good 20 minutes just walking in and out of the Somatic Link room just to listen to the music again and again. Haunting and heroic at the same time.

On an unrelated note, is there an "unstuck" command? I got stuck during one of the missions and had to wait to get killed so I could respawn. And that took forever because I'd just recast Iron Skin.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2018-01-16 at 04:40 AM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Barbarian in the Playground

Yes.
    It's /unstuck.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

28. - Top - End - #118

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    EDITEDIT: Got my spoiler mode.
    Oookay.... Slightly creeped out, as not only have you got almost exactly the same White/Black/Gold colour scheme that I like to use on most of my Warframes, but your Operator has the same hair and face as mine, too.
    Did you pick Raven as her voice? Because if you did, I'm going to have to ask you to very kindly remove yourself out of my brain-meats, thank you very much.

29. - Top - End - #119

Oookay.... Slightly creeped out, as not only have you got almost exactly the same White/Black/Gold colour scheme that I like to use on most of my Warframes, but your Operator has the same hair and face as mine, too.
    Did you pick Raven as her voice? Because if you did, I'm going to have to ask you to very kindly remove yourself out of my brain-meats, thank you very much.
    Raven for voice, but I use orange trim on my frames.

30. - Top - End - #120

Raven is the only good voice
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet