New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 193435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

The various Dex weapons they give out every anniversary are also really good. But if it makes you feel better, you have to finish missions that to receive them.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    [EDIT] Also, if you have a Twitch Prime account, make sure it's linked to your Warframe account. In the past DE have given away Prime Warframes for special events - if I remember right, around Christmas last year I got Frost Prime just for watching a stream for an hour (which I was going to do anyway), and I picked up Ash Prime shortly thereafter for... I want to say the launch of Fortuna in February? Something like that. Doesn't happen often, but it's worth keeping an eye on.
    Ash Prime was supposed to be given away to everyone who watched the Tennocon before Fortuna's release, where they teased the Railjack and the New War. There were so many viewers that the script broke, so they figured they had so many viewers they might as well give it to everyone, in order to be sure. So basically everyone who had a Warframe account in summer of last year and logged in within ~a month or so got Ash Prime for free. Trinity Prime was similarly given away in a wide fashion to everyone with Twitch Prime. Even if you just started the trial period or had twitch prime free with amazon prime. So, basically everyone but me. I'm still waiting for her unvaulting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    *You may notice Mercury is missing from this list. That's because Vor drops parts for the Seer instead. Do not build the Seer unless you need Mastery XP and have no better options. It is one of the most memetically terrible guns in Warframe.
    Back when I first played, some five years ago by now, I used the Seer for a long time. It used to be that it had 0% crit chance. I think I was using it until I got the Dex Furis, though Twin Grakatas quickly became my secondary-of-choice. I still have 4.1% use on the poor thing. It is my 5th most used secondary weapon. Obviously, I'm eagerly awaiting my first Kuva Seer Lich.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

If I'm able to get everything for Oberon before leaving Earth, then THAT is definitely the frame I'll go for first! As if my username here wasn't the biggest clue that he'd be right up my alley!
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-11-15 at 10:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Firbolg in the Playground

Radioactive Deer you go. I hated the frame personally but like when other people use it as its got a good kit.
    Last edited by Leon; 2019-11-15 at 09:53 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    If I'm able to get everything for Oberon before leaving Earth, then THAT is definitely the first frame I'll go for first! As if my username here wasn't the biggest clue that he'd be right up my alley!
    You'll probably need Mars - one of the materials, Gallium, isn't really present on Earth, Venus or Mercury. It IS a potential reward from Cetus, but that can take a number of runs. YMMV.

Polymer Bundles are found on Venus and Mercury, though.

Orokin cells - you'll need Cetus runs, boss kills or make it to Ceres.

But he is a fun frame. Great support.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Titan in the Playground

Huh...In that case Frost may be faster, since getting those materials will take me to the neighborhood you get his blueprints at...
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Huh...In that case Frost may be faster, since getting those materials will take me to the neighborhood you get his blueprints at...
    Sticking point - Neural Sensors. Either make it to Jupiter or run Cetus bounties (10-30) to Stage 3.

This may help with the list of frames and what they need - also, will tell you where the mats drop.

If you want the frames faster, taxi with folks. Get in contact, and we can help farm. It doesn't take long, really.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

Huh...it sounds like I fundamentally misinterpreted the game's design (though, to be fair, I haven't had much opportunity to play this week and finish Vor's Prize, which I assume opens up the Star Map). It seems more like DE wants you to travel to multiple planets periodically to do stuff, rather than go through everything on a specific planet to "beat" it before moving on to the next one.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Troll in the Playground

Huh...it sounds like I fundamentally misinterpreted the game's design (though, to be fair, I haven't had much opportunity to play this week and finish Vor's Prize, which I assume opens up the Star Map). It seems more like DE wants you to travel to multiple planets periodically to do stuff, rather than go through everything on a specific planet to "beat" it before moving on to the next one.
    Yep, pretty much. There is a progression where the further away from earth you go, the tougher the challenges tend to get, but you'll often return to previously 'cleared' planets because there's something new you want to do there.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

The Archwing Missions and Vay Hek's battle are the only things I can think of that have hard lockouts (Archwing missions require you to unlock archwings via a quest, while Vay Hek requires you to be MR 5 before you fight him), but leaving an annoying node uncleared and moving onto the next planet is fine. You also sometimes to moons like Phobos or Europa before moving to the next Planet/dwarf planet, though. There's also a few unusual areas like the Void, which has four seperate paths linked to various planets, as well as the Orokin Derelict, which is technically always accessible as long as you've got a key for a mission, but has enemies comparable to what you'd see on Saturn, Uranus, or Neptune.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Titan in the Playground

Around what time should I do that Archwing Quest and The Second Dream? I don't wanna futz up the canon chronology of the game's story, but it seems like some of those were events that aren't being repeated, like the Relays getting blown up (and one of them later fixed) or the Plague Star. And I feel like I should do SOME Conclave, if only to establish Teshin's presence to my character, as I'm told if you've never done Conclave, you may not even know who Teshin IS when you start The War Within.
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-11-15 at 12:07 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Troll in the Playground

The quests for which chronology matters have to be done in order anyway, so don't worry about it. I would recommend doing quests that unlock new things (such as Archwing and Kubrows) as soon as you can handle them.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ogre in the Playground

It seems more like DE wants you to travel to multiple planets periodically to do stuff, rather than go through everything on a specific planet to "beat" it before moving on to the next one.
    Grinding too much on one planet instead of unlocking more of the map ASAP was the biggest mistake I made when I was new.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    The quests for which chronology matters have to be done in order anyway, so don't worry about it. I would recommend doing quests that unlock new things (such as Archwing and Kubrows) as soon as you can handle them.
    Point of note - getting the archwing launcher ASAP will help you IMMENSELY in Cetus. The Plains of Eidolon are -huge-, and archwing speeds up the quest grind.

Join a clan, buy the blueprint at MR5.

Only issue at first will be the oxium and credit requirements (1200 and 100k, respectively), so ... again, taxiing will help you get it sooner.

It seems more like DE wants you to travel to multiple planets periodically to do stuff, rather than go through everything on a specific planet to "beat" it before moving on to the next one.
    Nothing stops you from going through everything on a specific planet. In fact, you might find it advantageous to, as the various mission types are scaled to the difficulty of the planet. Wonderful practice for, say, spy missions. Even if it's just once with a new frame, just to get used to the mechanics. More forgiving, which gives you a broader cushion to avert failure and learn, rather than abject, instant loss.

Plus, you need the entirety of the map unlocked in order to join in end game content.

But, yes, you will find yourself backtracking several times. Quests can bounce all over the map for specific items or lore feeds, and you'll definitely be running back to earlier planets for Invasions and Rifts. And you will come to LOATHE Lith on Earth.
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2019-11-15 at 08:10 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1305

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Plus, you need the entirety of the map unlocked in order to join in end game content.
    Fashion knows no planet limits.
    Last edited by Leon; 2019-11-15 at 08:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Titan in the Playground

How good is Atlas Prime? As of when I left the game I'd had my eye on Atlas for a while (from before I even started playing, actually) but was given to believe he was considered...not very good, putting it generously.

I'm looking at the Prime Access and Vault dual pack ATM and I'm only going to buy one. The latter seems MAYBE the better value (double the frames and triple the weapons, and but less plat for a $30 drop) , but if they somehow turbo-buffed Atlas, I'd be willing to shell out for just him.
    Last edited by Rynjin; 2019-11-15 at 11:14 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

They buffed Atlas a while ago - his passive got enhanced with a new feature called Rubble. When petrified enemies are killed, and when his rumblers expire, they drop a resource for Atlas called Rubble. Rubble heals you if you're under max health, or adds extra armour up to a maximum of +1500 (which starts decaying if you don't keep picking up new rubble). His petrify was also buffed - it's now an instantaneous ability that instantly petrifies enemies in front of you instead being a channelled ability (that I believe would slowly petrify enemies?). Petrified enemies take increased damage from all sources, if you use petrify on your bulwarks it increases the damage they do, and it heals his Rumblers. So he definitely got a bit of a survival buff, and petrify is now useful! Atlas' main draw for me was always punching the living daylights out of enemies, which hasn't changed.

Also, I'm glad at how swiftly DE has reacted to the feedback on the Lich system. It's now truly opt-in*, and they've eased up a lot on the grind. Haven't tried it yet as I have other stuff to do, will get to it eventually.

Also also, I hit a little milestone the other day:
    Spoiler: I have a Warframe problem
    Show

* Before they made the changes, I was literally hiding in a corner on Hydron when a larva spawned because I just did not want to deal with having a lich when I wanted to do stuff like farm Atlas prime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

18. - Top - End - #1308
    Titan in the Playground

While I'm still working through Vor's Prize, but I'm already starting to feel conflicted about the endgame...I really like the TennoGen Ogrant helmet for Excalibur, but I'm concerned that its aesthetic would clash with some of the skins I'm lookin' at, like the Exaltation skin or the Apex skin...the Immortal one may mesh a bit better, but then I wonder about taking the Pendragon helmet for that one so I look like the Excalibur in that one trailer that gets experimented on by Alad V...The customization is a big reason why I'm getting into this, but I'm UNBELIEVABLY indecisive about what's GOOD in terms of FashionFrame.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe you'll be rewarded Excal's best skin for free during the next anniversary event, anyway. The first order of business if you want to start with good looks for your frames is getting a couple of color palettes unlocked. ...I hope you started playing early enough to pick up the Halloween palette when it was a free promo.
    "I don't approve of society, so I try not to participate in it."
    =====

Avatar of Karl the human by Bradakhan

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    I believe you'll be rewarded Excal's best skin for free during the next anniversary event, anyway. The first order of business if you want to start with good looks for your frames is getting a couple of color palettes unlocked. ...I hope you started playing early enough to pick up the Halloween palette when it was a free promo.
    Honestly? My single biggest gripe with Warframe is that the default color palette ought to be available in full. New players should have access to black and white colors by default.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVid View Post
    I believe you'll be rewarded Excal's best skin for free during the next anniversary event, anyway.
    Which is what? And why is it the best?

Also, holy moly I was shocked by something just now! I attempted a mission to get the Grineer Nav coordinates and was surprised by another player joining me...then they proceeded to tear through the mission and complete all the objectives in less than five minutes! I ended up running to catch up and get to extraction before the timer ran out and was left thinking "What just happened?" and "My GOD I'm playing this game like a klutz!"
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2019-11-16 at 07:35 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

Sprinting is the slow way to move around in Warframe, I picked up pretty early.

There's a good groove you can get into with sliding and jumping that quadruples or even quintuples your speed, and I know there are Frame specific techniques that can boost that even higher (I saw a fun video the other day of a guy Helicopter Man-ing his way like 5000 meters in under 10 seconds on the Plains of Eidolon).

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Which is what? And why is it the best?

Also, holy moly I was shocked by something just now! I attempted a mission to get the Grineer Nav coordinates and was surprised by another player joining me...then they proceeded to tear through the mission and complete all the objectives in less than five minutes! I ended up running to catch up and get to extraction before the timer ran out and was left thinking "What just happened?" and "My GOD I'm playing this game like a klutz!"
    Excalibur's Dex skin. It's not mechanically better, just good looking.

As for movement; The simplest movement process is crouch->jump (This is called "bullet jumping, and gives you a higher velocity)->double jump->slide->launch into bullet jump again (sliding is done with the same key/button as crouching and counts for bullet jumps). Getting the hang of bullet jumping helps you navigate the level a lot faster as well as keep you alive in a fight.

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Titan in the Playground

I thought each Dex thing was exclusive to the Anniversary they were released in, kind of like how only Founders have Excalibur Primes?

25. - Top - End - #1315

Founders stuff is the only exclusives, everything else will come back eventually (in some form ~ most often via the Void Trader...) All three Dex weapons are pretty good, the quality of the cosmetics not so much.
    Last edited by Leon; 2019-11-16 at 08:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I thought each Dex thing was exclusive to the Anniversary they were released in, kind of like how only Founders have Excalibur Primes?
    Nope. I just joined < a year ago, yet I have all the Dex stuff.

There are SOME things that were one-shot (and DE decided that should only happen once), but there are yearly repeatables.

Like Plague Star. That happens every year.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Nope. I just joined < a year ago, yet I have all the Dex stuff.

There are SOME things that were one-shot (and DE decided that should only happen once), but there are yearly repeatables.

Like Plague Star. That happens every year.
    Plague Star and the Stalker Acolytes are... a little more than annual? Like 9-10 months apart, I think? The most recent plague star got pushed back due to Cetus being remastered.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Titan in the Playground

Oh! That's a big relief, actually! I was worried I'd have to bargain with other players willing to part with theirs if I wanted them.

What's more concerning to me that the speed at which that other player was going was the rapidity with which they pursued the mission's goals. I'm the kind of player who instinctively searches every cranny and nook of the dungeon for every last scrap of loot tucked away in it on the off-chance that I can't return to it later, slaying everything there so I can search the empty map in peace. This other player didn't even bother with that, they just blasted through to the mission goal leaving me in the dust, to the point that, as I said, I didn't even DO anything for the mission. They didn't even bother FIGHTING any of the Grineer. I...honestly feel a little like I missed out on the mission storyline (and CERTAINLY all the credits and materials left in the crates they ignored) because this other player finished it so quickly.

29. - Top - End - #1319

Griffon

Try not to worry about it, Zousha - early on, you're doing the right thing by taking your time to learn the tileset, learn the mission objectives, and to pick up as much of the resources as you can. Not only does it make building new items less of a hassle, but you'll start to learn where things tend to appear - while the maps are all randomly generated, you can spot patterns and recognise individual "rooms", and treasure tends to appear in roughly the same place in each room.

Maybe later, when you have a specific objective in mind, you won't have to worry about scouring the map for every credit. Until then, don't be afraid to set your game to "Private" (The little square next to your portrait in the top-left of your screen) to stop people from entering your mission and completing it for you. Sometimes the only way to make progress if to do it yourself.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Until then, don't be afraid to set your game to "Private" (The little square next to your portrait in the top-left of your screen) to stop people from entering your mission and completing it for you.
    Or 'Friends only'. That way, we here can help you out on a mission. We also know where all the nooks and crannies are, so we can help you with that. And with the resources you'll inevitably need. Just say you're after one resource or another, and folks can bring a farming frame (Nekros or Khora) to speed things up.

And where to find things like Argon Crystals. Necessary for a number of items, but they decay over time.