New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Is it? I like Owl a lot, and that's what I went with.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm using Falcon.

There aren't exactly a ton of hair options; duplicates are expected.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Whoever did the soundtrack for the mission was amazing. I spent a good 20 minutes just walking in and out of the Somatic Link room just to listen to the music again and again. Haunting and heroic at the same time.
    The song is "This Is What You Are" and the OST is available on Bandcamp.

There's a lot of lore reflected in the song regarding the Old War; The War Within carries on the story, as does the Chains of Harrow to a lesser degree, so if you want more story, aim for those quests.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

NinjaGuy

EDITEDIT: Got my spoiler mode.
    The funny thing is, you haven't yet .

Spoiler: Quest spoilers
    Show

Where the <redacted> was this level of characterization and writing earlier? This was extremely well done.
    I know right? It makes me really excited for the next cinematic quest that will be released ("The Sacrifice"), especially after the 'prologue' mini-quest you can get after constructing the Personal Quarters and finishing the War Within (TWW) and Chains of Harrow quests.

Spoiler
    Show

Whoever did the soundtrack for the mission was amazing. I spent a good 20 minutes just walking in and out of the Somatic Link room just to listen to the music again and again. Haunting and heroic at the same time.
    Yep. Speaking of you quarters, after scanning the Somachord fragments on Ceres you can have it playing 24/7. I'm almost sad that I've got other songs, because it means I can't have "This Is What You Are" on repeat.

In any case, I highly recommend completing TWW ASAP. It's of a similar quality of writing to TSD, and unlocks a lot of other stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

5. - Top - End - #125

especially after the 'prologue' mini-quest
    Calling it a quest is a stretch ~ its a Cinematic with some walking
    Last edited by Leon; 2018-01-16 at 10:11 PM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

6. - Top - End - #126

NinjaGuy

True, but it still has more impact most of the other quests in the game (excluding TSD and TWW)!
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

So....
    Baro coming next weekend.
    And damage 2.5 is delayed together with Gara.

Alright... I hope o can still enjoy Hunter ammunitions

8. - Top - End - #128

NinjaGuy

According to the latest devstream, they'll release Khora first, then Damage 2.5 and tweak her afterwards. So that's something at least.

9. - Top - End - #129

Wonder what the IPS changes will be, i was looking forward to what was coming out but im guessing they caved in the face of so much salt from people who couldn't bear that their precious slash procs might be affected.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

10. - Top - End - #130

Alright, I've got Gara parts cooking. So, in roughly 4 days I'll have a rank 0 Gara.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

11. - Top - End - #131

NinjaGuy

Gratz. It took me waaaay too long to get the systems out of the bounties. Pity you didn't get a chance to play her before DE hit her with the nerf stick.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally done both spoiler modes. Not really sold on the story but eh. Now I can see sorties so that's good.

13. - Top - End - #133

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Gratz. It took me waaaay too long to get the systems out of the bounties. Pity you didn't get a chance to play her before DE hit her with the nerf stick.
    I'd been working on gettting a systems blueprint for a full week.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

I'd been working on gettting a systems blueprint for a full week.
    It took me 3 weeks, which is the longest it's ever taken me to get a warframe once I've actively started farming (except for possibly regular Vauban) - on the upside, I'm now Kin with the Ostron.

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Finally done both spoiler modes. Not really sold on the story but eh. Now I can see sorties so that's good.
    Working on my second. [bleep] [bleep] internet went out as I was going through the cave so lord knows where it's going to put me when I log back in. I really don't want to do the forced stealth sections again.

And yeah, the plot is your bog-standard Abusive Forebears sci-fi affair. It's nice hearing my operator chime in on the goings-on though, and there are even moral choices of a sort - a decent amount of effort for a F2P game. (Destiny could take some damn notes.)
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #136
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Gara didn't actually take me that long. What honestly took the longest was that I didn't even try the lowest level bounty for about two weeks until I noticed it could drop one of her parts.

Nidus didn't take that long, about 18-20 runs. Now, Harrow is the one that seems to be taking me forever. I've done a dozen defection runs, and about half that many pago runs. No luck so far.

I'm looking forward to Khora, but I'm hoping she's not such a pain to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Wonder what the IPS changes will be, i was looking forward to what was coming out but im guessing they caved in the face of so much salt from people who couldn't bear that their precious slash procs might be affected.
    There's probably a lot of that going on, but for me it's what they were planning to do with impact and puncture that made me wary of the changes. Extra crowd control and extra damage reduction are never going to be as useful as extra killing power. And that's always going to be the case even if they nerf slash procs into the ground.

What I'd like to see are weapons that have one or two physical damage types and an elemental damage type as base.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    There's probably a lot of that going on, but for me it's what they were planning to do with impact and puncture that made me wary of the changes. Extra crowd control and extra damage reduction are never going to be as useful as extra killing power. And that's always going to be the case even if they nerf slash procs into the ground.
    This is why my suggestion was for Impact to shatter armor and Puncture to punch through. That way they would all increase our killing power but would be more or less useful depending on the situation, which is what your goal should be if you want the players to use different damage types.

Don't get me wrong; I'm going to laugh maniacally when I launch some poor bastard on the Plains into orbit with my Vulkar. But ragdolling your target isn't really useful, especially if you have squadmates that are trying to draw a bead with projectile flight and/or charge weapons.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

18. - Top - End - #138

Why does everything I want to build require Tellurium? Fricking 8 hours of grinding to get what I needed.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

So, Baro is gone. Got finally a prisma grakata so i can grakata with my dual grakatas and Clem.
    And prisma veritrux, as mastery fodder.

Formorian timer is almost there too.

Also, free excal skin incoming. good times.

20. - Top - End - #140

So, the Astilla is fun. It's like having a fully automatic miniature rocket launcher.

It probably needs to be modded to have increased chance for status effects, focusing on slashing in particular.

I'm also finally building a carrier, which I've been meaning to do for weeks. A lot of the weapons I like using are hilariously ammo inefficient or hard to find ammo for - See the Twin Grakata, Soma Prime, and Dread. I like to mag dump, sue me.

Finished War Within as well. That was fun.

Spoiler: War Within
    Show
    Operator is kind of an idiot. But it's a respectable idiot. I went sun route. Queens are terrifying, both for different reasons.

I actually preferred Second Dream operator mode. Full spoiler is really hard to survive with. On the other hand, Second Dream operator mode took significantly longer to charge up for deployment. So kind of a wash.

21. - Top - End - #141

NinjaGuy

Spoiler: After TWW
    Show

Keep in mind the Void Mode (i.e. crouching) keeps you from being damaged by anything. Anything. But of course ****ing nullifiers can dispel it for some reason.

Now that you've done TWW, do Saya's Vigil if you haven't done it already, and then find the Quills of Cetus. I don't want to spoil where exactly they are, but ask around if you're having trouble finding them. They'll give you something that makes Operator mode a lot more enjoyable/powerful.

I'm curious, what school did you go with?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Spoiler mode
    Show

Don't forget to play around with the new spoiler mode animation customisations for even more end game Fashion Framing.

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Show

Now that you've done TWW, do Saya's Vigil if you haven't done it already, and then find the Quills of Cetus. I don't want to spoil where exactly they are, but ask around if you're having trouble finding them. They'll give you something that makes Operator mode a lot more enjoyable/powerful.

I'm curious, what school did you go with?
    Show

Don't forget Chains of Harrow for more plot.

Personally I went with Unairu as fits me philosophically, but I use Zenurik like everyone else.

I'd wish they tied the abilities a bit more in with the schools' philosophy (why is Void Mode AOR stealth in Unairu?), but given that we had Focus 2 and 2.5 in very short succession, I'm not expecting anything for another couple years.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-01-29 at 08:03 AM.

23. - Top - End - #143

Griffon

Am I the only person who wishes that they could choose between TSD and TWW spoiler modes? I just don't like the TWW/Quills version, it feels like just another set of weapons to grind, that I otherwise won't make use of unless I absolutely have to. Since they incorporated TWW spoiler mode I haven't even bothered looking at the tech trees and I don't think I could tell you what or even if I have a school equipped. Probably Unairu because that's what Greater Lens I pulled from a Sortie and so I have it on my main frame just to accrue affinity, but I'm not actually doing anything with it.

Meanwhile under TSD, I was Vazarin and it was incredibly helpful to occasionally bust out a big AoE heal+buff for the whole team. I certainly don't need to "go Walkabout" unless I'm fighting Stalker and need to strip his resistances, and frankly that happens so infrequently that I would be quite happy to take the risk and be unable to kill him if it meant I could get my heal-bomb back.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

24. - Top - End - #144

We had that for a while: tap to use TSD power, Hold to go into Quills mode. It was an awkward times, since in almost all cases the passive warframe bonuses you got from the Focus 1.0 tech tree were better than the TSD power of that school. Which meant half the upgrades were useless. For really serious missions people would just stand there for three minutes charging it up and using it before starting (if possible). And Quill mode was weak with no real capability to do anything but stealth.

It is a weird sort of reset, to go from having this powerful slow-charging ability to the initially weak other thing. But I think it's better now. Spoiler mode becomes very useful as you go through the tech trees and, well, build Quills stuff .
    If you don't even look at the upgrades, that's like not putting mods on your gear.

I would recommend:
    If you are Trinity or Harrow: Vazarin
    If you are going to use primarily melee: Naramon
    If you have a channelled energy-draining ability that you keep on all the time: pick whatever you want.
    If you want to be in spoiler mode all the time: Unairu
    Otherwise: Zenurik
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2018-01-29 at 10:58 AM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #145

I'm sure if I took the time to grind out focus, that TWW mode would wind up far more useful overall than T2D. Lord knows my bf's souped-up Zenurik has been a godsend on many a mission with all the free energy he gives the team. But other games keep pulling my attention.

Destiny deservedly gets a lot of flak for its lackluster endgame, but one thing I did very much like about it was that there was only a certain amount of grinding you could do (at least, efficiently) per weekly reset. I would log on, clear my milestone tracker, reap huge rewards, and then feel free to log off and do whatever else I wanted in other games without feeling like I hadn't accomplished anything. Where they failed was having crappy lootboxes instead of a proper store like Warframe does, and making power cease to matter while simultaneously having crazy difficult endagme content that you couldn't chip away at. In Warframe, you never stop increasing so it never becomes a slog, but I wouldn't mind there being a big burst of affinity/focus/whatever per week for the more casual Tenno (me) to go along with the slower and steadier burn that the hardcores crave. I despise the very idea of "focus farming" but it seems that's what I'm going to have to do for my spoiler mode to even approach being useful, and the amount you get passively from just doing missions without optimizing just does not cut it.

Anthem has potential to be the best of both worlds, and a huge opportunity/power vacuum lies before it, but I definitely do not trust EAware to be able to capitalize on it effectively.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

So, how to we level spoiler mode equipment? By using them?

27. - Top - End - #147

Have you completed Saya's Vigil/Quills stuff?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #148

Prior to the change of system i had been trying to switch to Vazarin but since they cant be assed to do a full reset of the points i gave up on the system entirely and just use the basic Zenurik passive and ignore it beyond "activating" it since i still have wasted points from when i first unlocked it and had been in Baduri since it was my questionnaire choice that i'll never get into anything useful. Since i want as little to do with spoiler mode as possible and all the fancy expensive stuff is for it focus is a thing that i pick up and let pile up till they one day make it worthwhile again if ever.

Also on: Quills rep. Most pointless thing in the game, get rep to build a better gun to get more rep with and do it faster resulting in only more rep to get a better gun... or some ugly as sin clothes for the the tween
    Last edited by Leon; 2018-01-29 at 11:41 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

The same way as any equipment gains affinity in Warframe - either kill stuff with it, or have it out and be within affinity range of another Tenno killing stuff (incidentally there's a nice easy way of leveliing archwing gear by being in sharkwing mode on a Grineer undersea lab tile and having the rest of your squad kill stuff within affinity range).

Further to Psyren's post, you have to level up the spoiler mode equipment to max, gild it, then level it up again, much like a Zaw.

Gilding spoiler mode gear requires you to be Quills Rank 2 and getting the standing for that is just painful.

30. - Top - End - #150

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    We had that for a while: tap to use TSD power, Hold to go into Quills mode. It was an awkward times...
    I never noticed that. Maybe I just have fat fingers and always hit Quill Mode by accident... or maybe Warframe has a terrible tutorial and it was never mentioned at all. That seems just as likely.

I mean, after all... my Spoiler Mode is hotkey'd to the '5' key, but my space-age new laptop that I usually play on also has this new fangled thing in it: a '6' key.... I'm sure we could probably figure something out!

If you don't even look at the upgrades, that's like not putting mods on your gear.
    This did occur to me, but honestly? I just don't like Quill Mode.
    Having under-levelled equipment is irrelevant because even if it was powerful I still wouldn't use it, because I lose out on all the other things about the game that I DO enjoy - the fluid melee system, the manoeuvrability of my Warframe, the variety of my Abilities....

To put it another way: I'd still enjoy using the Penta Secura even without mods, because it's fun and a worthwhile challenge even if it took a dozen shots to kill a normal mook. I wouldn't enjoy Quill Mode even if it insta-gib'd Tal Regor, y'know?

I would recommend
    Otherwise: Zenurik
    Thanks for that. I'll give it a nudge tomorrow and see if I can force myself to try it out a little bit. I don't have high hopes, but let it never be said that I won't give it a fair try.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation