New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Gilding spoiler mode gear requires you to be Quills Rank 2 and getting the standing for that is just painful.
    Standing gain is a lot quicker if you have a group that knows what's what. There's two approaches to it.

First approach: Ivara party. Everyone goes Ivara, and builds for extended prowling. Wait for night, locate the big guy, follow him prowled. As vomvalysts show up, have everyone pickpocket a core from one, kill it for another, move on to the next. Repeat until dawn.

Second approach: Monster hunter. A decently built group can manage around 5 teralyst kills a night, which gets you plenty of the higher quality cores.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2018-01-29 at 05:41 PM.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    Spoiler: After TWW
    Show

Keep in mind the Void Mode (i.e. crouching) keeps you from being damaged by anything. Anything. But of course ****ing nullifiers can dispel it for some reason.

Now that you've done TWW, do Saya's Vigil if you haven't done it already, and then find the Quills of Cetus. I don't want to spoil where exactly they are, but ask around if you're having trouble finding them. They'll give you something that makes Operator mode a lot more enjoyable/powerful.

I'm curious, what school did you go with?
    I went Naramon. I like the idea of a tactician. I logged on tonight to get the login thing, but logged out after. I'll do the Quills thing later.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    Standing gain is a lot quicker if you have a group that knows what's what. There's two approaches to it.

First approach: Ivara party. Everyone goes Ivara, and builds for extended prowling. Wait for night, locate the big guy, follow him prowled. As vomvalysts show up, have everyone pickpocket a core from one, kill it for another, move on to the next. Repeat until dawn.

Second approach: Monster hunter. A decently built group can manage around 5 teralyst kills a night, which gets you plenty of the higher quality cores.
    Neither of those seems particularly fun to me. I get that the endgame in every MMO boils down to a grind, but damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Killing Stampy out on the plains isn't end game, its just a pointless grind to get a incrementally better gun to kill more stampy and faster.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post

I'm well aware of both methods; it still doesn't stop it from being as Leon said - grinding Stampy to kill Stampy quicker (although I do like the fashion options).

That said, the Ivara method is even more reliable now that they've tweaked the Vomvalysts to have a 100% core drop chance.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    Why does everything I want to build require Tellurium? Fricking 8 hours of grinding to get what I needed.
    I feel the same way about cryotic. It's not that it is difficult to farm, it's just tedious as all get out. And I just got a vauban prime part that requires 9k...

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Am I the only person who wishes that they could choose between TSD and TWW spoiler modes? I just don't like the TWW/Quills version, it feels like just another set of weapons to grind, that I otherwise won't make use of unless I absolutely have to. Since they incorporated TWW spoiler mode I haven't even bothered looking at the tech trees and I don't think I could tell you what or even if I have a school equipped. Probably Unairu because that's what Greater Lens I pulled from a Sortie and so I have it on my main frame just to accrue affinity, but I'm not actually doing anything with it.

Meanwhile under TSD, I was Vazarin and it was incredibly helpful to occasionally bust out a big AoE heal+buff for the whole team. I certainly don't need to "go Walkabout" unless I'm fighting Stalker and need to strip his resistances, and frankly that happens so infrequently that I would be quite happy to take the risk and be unable to kill him if it meant I could get my heal-bomb back.
    I wish we could go back to being able to choose, too. I originally went zenurik because of the crowd control the TSD ability gave me. The energy regen was just a bonus.

I never noticed that. Maybe I just have fat fingers and always hit Quill Mode by accident... or maybe Warframe has a terrible tutorial and it was never mentioned at all. That seems just as likely.

I mean, after all... my Spoiler Mode is hotkey'd to the '5' key, but my space-age new laptop that I usually play on also has this new fangled thing in it: a '6' key.... I'm sure we could probably figure something out!
    It was actually opposite to what he described. Quill mode was tapping, TSD was holding the button. It was also removed after the Plains was released . But I agree, that's a clunky hotkey setup. Similarly, you can't rebind quill mode's void dash. It's just cludgy to use and I end up jumping in place as often as I do pulling off the move.

This did occur to me, but honestly? I just don't like Quill Mode.
    Having under-levelled equipment is irrelevant because even if it was powerful I still wouldn't use it, because I lose out on all the other things about the game that I DO enjoy - the fluid melee system, the manoeuvrability of my Warframe, the variety of my Abilities....

To put it another way: I'd still enjoy using the Penta Secura even without mods, because it's fun and a worthwhile challenge even if it took a dozen shots to kill a normal mook. I wouldn't enjoy Quill Mode even if it insta-gib'd Tal Regor, y'know?
    Quill mode can be useful for panic situations, since you are effectively invulnerable for a short period.

I wouldn't mind trying out some of the other amps, but to echo Leon, the grind just isn't worth it.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

One could argue that a Shwaak/Pencha Amp is very much worth it, the thing is a beast.

Of course I'm also a crazy person that gilded and leveled all the prisms for mastery rank XP.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground

Just wait until you want to build a Sibear. That thing takes 30k cryotic. There's a dark sector excavation on Earth that I can handle 20 extractors solo with Frost, but still. I pretty much only farm cryotic when I have a double resource booster (of course, it has to compete with farming void traces). It's also nice when you can get a group to stay in an excavation fissure, as the 25% resource boost that you get after a couple rounds applies as well.

And yeah, spoiler mode is mostly useful for activating your passive (I'm still irritated that the Zenurik passive is the only one that doesn't always provide its benefit) at the start of the mission, avoiding damage from slash/toxin procs, and ressing. The most bad-ass amp doesn't hold a candle to my guns.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    It was actually opposite to what he described. Quill mode was tapping, TSD was holding the button. It was also removed after the Plains was released . But I agree, that's a clunky hotkey setup. Similarly, you can't rebind quill mode's void dash. It's just cludgy to use and I end up jumping in place as often as I do pulling off the move.
    I suspect that they've done something to the timing of the move in a relatively recent patch. I never used to have problems with void dashing after TWW, but some time after Plains hit, you have wait about half a second extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    Quill mode can be useful for panic situations, since you are effectively invulnerable for a short period.
    Also useful if you don't have (or want) a dedicated Spy mission frame since you have on-demand invisibility and Void Dash will get you through laser doors; the intangibility window is a little un-intuitive though, so be careful with the beginning and end of the dash.

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Just wait until you want to build a Sibear. That thing takes 30k cryotic. There's a dark sector excavation on Earth that I can handle 20 extractors solo with Frost, but still. I pretty much only farm cryotic when I have a double resource booster (of course, it has to compete with farming void traces). It's also nice when you can get a group to stay in an excavation fissure, as the 25% resource boost that you get after a couple rounds applies as well.
    ... Cryotic has a use? Huh. I don't think I've ever needed Cryotic except for the rare alert Excavation mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Also useful if you don't have (or want) a dedicated Spy mission frame since you have on-demand invisibility and Void Dash will get you through laser doors; the intangibility window is a little un-intuitive though, so be careful with the beginning and end of the dash.
    But Ivara is so fun, why wouldn't you want a dedicated spyframe? Although I have started avoiding spy missions because doing them properly takes way too long.

11. - Top - End - #161

Griffon

... Cryotic has a use? Huh. I don't think I've ever needed Cryotic except for the rare alert Excavation mission.
    The most common need for cryotic is for weapons bought from the Dojo and a few Prime Warframes, and while there are comparatively few recipes that use it the ones which do usually need a LOT.
    The Sibear is an outlier at 30,000, but the Knux (Archwing-based melee weapon) need 20,000, the Pandero (Octavia's pistol) needs 5,500 and so on; before joining a Clan getting a really good back-stock of the stuff is highly recommended, as is a decent stock of Forma.

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart
    My go-to 'frame is Hydroid; I haven't yet found anything that can't be escaped by pressing 2 or 3, and they have the added bonus of doing more damage, moving me further away or simply last much longer without first needing to charge up.

Thanks for the advice, but honestly I think that I'll wait for Focus 3.0 before I worry about it.
    ~ CAUTION: May Contain Weasels ~
    RPG Characters What I Done Played As (Explained Badly)
    17 Things I Learned About 40k By Playing Dark Heresy
    Tales of a Role-Play Gamer - Horrible Optimisation

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

But Ivara is so fun, why wouldn't you want a dedicated spyframe? Although I have started avoiding spy missions because doing them properly takes way too long.
    Spy missions don't have to take very long. Sprint to the first vault, Prowl, walk right up to the console and hack it, pop out of stealth and sprint to the next. Quick and easy because you don't ever have to stop to kill or defend anything. Of course, this is assuming that you have Infiltrate. (But why would you run a Spy mission without it?)

Ivara is bestframe. I can't wait for her Prime.
    Last edited by mangosta71; 2018-01-31 at 10:23 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

13. - Top - End - #163

Spy missions don't have to take very long. Sprint to the first vault, Prowl, walk right up to the console and hack it, pop out of stealth and sprint to the next. Quick and easy because you don't ever have to stop to kill or defend anything. Of course, this is assuming that you have Infiltrate. (But why would you run a Spy mission without it?)

Ivara is bestframe. I can't wait for her Prime.
    You see, I don't have Infiltrate because I'm not even 100 days into the game.

Also, Cephalon Suda has an annoying voice so I avoid him.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

You see, I don't have Infiltrate because I'm not even 100 days into the game.

Also, Cephalon Suda has an annoying voice so I avoid him.
    Ah. I suppose that's fair. However, you can also get Infiltrate from the Perrin Sequence.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #165

Ah. I suppose that's fair. However, you can also get Infiltrate from the Perrin Sequence.
    Steel Meridian and Red Veil.

I do enjoy the puzzle solving in the spy missions, but I don't like the part where I'm slowly sneaking my way to the puzzles.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ettin in the Playground

I do enjoy the puzzle solving in the spy missions, but I don't like the part where I'm slowly sneaking my way to the puzzles.
    I actually enjoy both, which makes the farm for Ivara less tedious than most people would say. (Still haven't got her, but got Loki, which makes things significantly easier.)

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

I did New Loka first and followed it with Red Veil. Doing Perrin or Meridian missions hits the other pretty hard, but New Loka only does half damage to Meridian and I can repair it with Red Veil without hitting one that I'm not already bottomed out on. Since every frame has augments from 2 syndicates, I have access to almost all of them; there are only one or two that are Cephalon/Arbiters.

But even if you can't/don't want to farm the rep for a mod yourself, you can always buy one off trade chat. I think most of them are in the 10-15p range.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Just recently got back into this. Then I remembered that I have only one more part to farm for Equinox and immediately considered walking away again.

19. - Top - End - #169

One more part from one of the best bosses in the game
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    One more part from one of the best bosses in the game
    Maybe, but when i've fought something over a hundred times then it kinda gets lost on me. :P

Not to mention that when I finally do get this part, it'll take a whole week just to finish building her.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2018-02-03 at 08:47 AM.

21. - Top - End - #171

Griffon

I made a new friend today:

Spoiler
    Show

I was unexpectedly impressed with the Azima as it hits ridiculously hard for a one handed pistol, so I'm interested to see what an "infinite punch-through" rifle can do.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

So I just attempted to solo tyl regor for the first time in a long while, and I'm not certain if that previous comment was being sarcastic, because he is among the worst designed bosses ever implemented in a game. If he is considered a great boss for this game, it is only because all of the other bosses in here are garbage as well. :P

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Funny thing is that I had to kill Vay Hek more times to get Hydroid than I had to kill Tyl Regor for all the Equinox pieces.

As for the fight itself, at least Tyl Regor isn't immune to damage for 99% of the damned fight like most of the bosses in this game. Valkyr will straight go to town on his ass.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #174

Finally unlocked that Melee Riven that required me to not kill anyone on a survival mission.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm not in a clan.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2018-02-03 at 07:34 PM.

25. - Top - End - #175

NinjaGuy

Heh, my first thought was: What the **** is a Serro?
    But yeah, that sucks. If you want to though, it shouldn't be that hard to find a clan in the recruiting channel, or you could get one of us to invite you to our clan. The Serro itself doesn't seem that bad, and that's not a horrible unrolled riven.

@Wraith: Congrats!

Also, when I first found out that to get Equinox you essentially had to farm two separate Warframes (overall BPs and components) off the one boss, my response was HAHA NOPE. It's (perhaps unfortunately) true though, Tyl is one of the better, or at least more fun, bosses in the game.
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2018-02-03 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

26. - Top - End - #176

so I'm interested to see what an "infinite punch-through" rifle can do.
    The Infinite PT is a gimmick that lasts a short while before you have to use it again and most often doesn't match the the Spots to actual Heads, aim above them a little to get actual head shots. The gun is much better when you ignore the secondary function and just use it as a High Status Assault rifle
    Last edited by Leon; 2018-02-03 at 07:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

27. - Top - End - #177

Griffon

I'm not in a clan.
    You're welcome to drop into Union J, pick up everything you want and then leave. It's kind of lonely, but I think the only things I don't have are the Hema and the Ignis Wraith and there are no other obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy
    It's (perhaps unfortunately) true though, Tyl is one of the better, or at least more fun, bosses in the game.
    I have to admit, I don't.... 'get' Tyl Regor. The other bosses all have a gimmick where they can only be hit in a certain place, or after a certain amount of time they become immune and you have to find their reset switch, or something.
    But Regor just seems like a run of the mill bullet-sponge. I don't know what I'm missing, but trying not to fall in the water and chasing him in circles just isn't fun; Certainly not fun enough to make Equinox worth the effort.
    I think that was a significant turning point in the game for me, where one really had to your head down and grindgrindgrind through an unpleasant fight; I was lucky enough to have a group of IRL to pass the time with so it was at least social, but I understand perfectly why a lot of people don't want to bother with it.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Found out that Tyl and Pals are affected by Nova's slow, so I geared her up with my Soma P and found that it worked much better than my Tigris, despite everyone online suggesting that the latter's the best weapon for him. So it actually made that run fairly easy, and I was actually fully prepared to farm it that way, but then the final Equinox piece dropped anyway, so, whatever for working out that strategy. :P

I don't know why people online were suggesting to use Ivara. Someone mentioned that it would be easier to hit Tyl because he would stand still while you're cloaked, but honestly, he still jumped around just as much whether I was cloaked or not. The only difference is that instead of actively attacking me while prancing around like a ninny, he was just obliviously prancing around like a ninny, so it's not like it was any easier to hit him. ohhhh welllllllll
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2018-02-03 at 11:08 PM.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    So I just attempted to solo tyl regor for the first time in a long while, and I'm not certain if that previous comment was being sarcastic, because he is among the worst designed bosses ever implemented in a game. If he is considered a great boss for this game, it is only because all of the other bosses in here are garbage as well. :P
    The overuse of forced invincibility phases is always something I disliked in the design of some bosses in this game. It's fine when bosses have "phases" that they're invincible, and you need to do some gimmick to make them drop it, but then you have things like Vay Hek (oh god why), Sargus Ruk (only bearable because you can "one shot" him when he's actually vulnerable) and Lech Kril. Funnily enough, they're all Grineer. The Corpus tend to feature better designed bosses like Raptors (infinite respawn until you blast their production factory), Hyena Pack (literally a pack of bosses with very dangerous abilities), and Ambulas (hack like you never hacked before). Even the Jackal was fun, because you needed to drop his legs to damage him proper, meaning them you are still doing something instead of waiting for a boss to DO something so that you can actually damage it.

(Special mention to the Juggernaut whose damage reduction on everything except the belly is just almost as annoying, but at least with enough ammo you can brute force him down if you really want to.)

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    The overuse of forced invincibility phases is always something I disliked in the design of some bosses in this game. It's fine when bosses have "phases" that they're invincible, and you need to do some gimmick to make them drop it, but then you have things like Vay Hek (oh god why), Sargus Ruk (only bearable because you can "one shot" him when he's actually vulnerable) and Lech Kril. Funnily enough, they're all Grineer. The Corpus tend to feature better designed bosses like Raptors (infinite respawn until you blast their production factory), Hyena Pack (literally a pack of bosses with very dangerous abilities), and Ambulas (hack like you never hacked before). Even the Jackal was fun, because you needed to drop his legs to damage him proper, meaning them you are still doing something instead of waiting for a boss to DO something so that you can actually damage it.

(Special mention to the Juggernaut whose damage reduction on everything except the belly is just almost as annoying, but at least with enough ammo you can brute force him down if you really want to.)
    I agree, I think that having set invuln stages really doesn't do much more than increase the difficulty artificially. And that really stems from the fact that you'll have total noobs and MR20s all fighting the same boss for the same loot, so its their way of compensating for the power disparity, but surely they could do something to fix it. Guild Wars 2 is rather elegant in that it scales down a high level player when they're in a low level area to still make those areas challenging when you go back to explore them. Maybe they could lock them down to tiers of easy, medium, and hard? I dunno, all I know is that it is a problem, but it's also a problem that would require a total overhaul to many of the game's systems to fix.

On another note, I'm really enjoying the Corinth. It seems like a less unwieldy Zarr, and it looks gorgeous. It's nice to finally have a straightforward shotgun that actually looks like a shotgun, as opposed to those other things that have a billion extra barrels and other odd gimmicks.

On another completely unrelated note, I think I've got a crush on Cressa Tal.
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2018-02-04 at 03:32 PM.