New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Warframe In The Playground - The Grustrag 03

Quote Originally Posted by McDouggal View Post
    I finished The Silver Grove, and I think that might be the worst quest I've ever played.

"Go around and scan these plants for hours. No you can't actually play the game while you do this, it has to be your primary focus."
    I take it you haven't done Nidus's quest then. Scanning plants isn't all that hard and can be easily done when in any mission on the right tileset, heck the snow one (unless its been changed since i did it) generally has enough plants in one spot for a single completion) And then to make things even worse is the 1 mission you have to do repeatedly to get the rest of Nidus
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    I kinda liked the Silver Grove. I'd been playing the game for quite a while when it came out, though, so it was a welcome reason to go explore tilesets that I thought I had gotten used to, or otherwise never bothered with because they were on planets that didn't drop end game resources.

The fight at the end can go die in a fire, though. It was easily one of my least favourites, until the Spoiler Mode crap at the end of TWW and CoH.
    Yeah, my usual reaction with quest design is it either needs to be something already in the core concept of the game - which for Warframe is frantic twitch horde mode shooting with parkour or super sneaky beaky knife and bow assassination - or it needs to introduce us to a new mechanic (TWW). Silver Grove took one of the most flow breaking parts of the game - scanning - and made it the primary focus of about 2.5 hours of the 3 hours I spent on the quest.

Yeah, the ending fight was bad. "Oh, there's one entrance, so they're probably going to have to all come from that entrance. I wonder how they'll make this challengwhy is the altar taking damage WHAT HOW DID THEY GET THERE THAT'S <redacted>." If I hadn't flicked my eyes to check the health of the altar, I would've probably lost the mission and maybe had to make the Sunrise Apothic again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    I take it you haven't done Nidus's quest then. Scanning plants isn't all that hard and can be easily done when in any mission on the right tileset, heck the snow one (unless its been changed since i did it) generally has enough plants in one spot for a single completion) And then to make things even worse is the 1 mission you have to do repeatedly to get the rest of Nidus
    I did do the Glast Gambit. I wasn't a fan of that quest design either, but that was mostly because it took forever to do rather than it being a frustratingly bad concept in the first place.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2018-02-17 at 10:03 PM.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

3. - Top - End - #213

IMPORTANT:

PC Baro has Primed Point Blank, Primed Ravage, and Primed Pistol Gambit.

Full PC sale items

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

Got all three. I guess I'll actually need to farm the credits required to level them up. (even rank 6 was mighty expensive.)

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Woah, Baro was so awesome this weekend. Screw Razorback armada (but the Orokin Catalyst was nice)

Primed Ravage / Primed Pistol Gambit and Primed Point Blank

Even Primed Fast Hands can be used in niche builds

AND prisma Gorgon, too. Got a nice and recent buff.

Also happy that I droped two [Augur Secrets] in the same hour. Thank you, RNGebus!
    on the other hand, elusive Dual Kama Blades won't drop at all. And there we go again, farming void traces, oh joy

and Hmmm, did Vaykor Hek jmped in price? 40plat is a sweet deal do sell.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

I did do the Glast Gambit. I wasn't a fan of that quest design either, but that was mostly because it took forever to do rather than it being a frustratingly bad concept in the first place.
    That was a dull quest. It wouldn't have been quite so bad if it weren't so repetitive. I was done with it before the end of the second round of index fights.

Quote Originally Posted by FireJustice View Post
    Woah, Baro was so awesome this weekend. Screw Razorback armada (but the Orokin Catalyst was nice)

Also happy that I droped two [Augur Secrets] in the same hour. Thank you, RNGebus!
    on the other hand, elusive Dual Kama Blades won't drop at all. And there we go again, farming void traces, oh joy

and Hmmm, did Vaykor Hek jmped in price? 40plat is a sweet deal do sell.
    I haven't been having much luck with drops in the past week or so. Five or six attempts at Vigilante Offense with no luck. Five attempts at ember prime parts with only a single drop. Three or four attempts at wyrm prime with no luck. Multiple farming runs for gems on the plains has resulted in a single nyth and crimzian. My biggest problem there is loading into the plains and there not being any mining spots to farm.

Speaking of the razorback event, though. I did run into a really weird bug. As far as we could figure out, this was just an ordinary pick-up group.

We had someone tagging along.
    Mission results

Another question. I've got all the parts for gorgon wraith and latron wraith. I've already done the base weapons and latron prime. I don't have any particular interest in them outside of mastery fodder. Are they worth anything to anyone? They seem easy enough to acquire that it wouldn't really be worth it to sell them. I tried a couple times with no response, which is partially why I'm asking.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

7. - Top - End - #217

Build everything, Level everything and then sell the spares. Latron Wraith is a very good weapon, much better than the crummy prime, the Gorgon while having recived a bit of a buff recently is still a gorgon and its whole family still needs a proper buff to bring it up to par with the other LMGs

At least the recent buff made the Prisma and the Wraith more distinict in what they are for
    Last edited by Leon; 2018-02-25 at 11:34 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

8. - Top - End - #218

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toastkart View Post
    That was a dull quest. It wouldn't have been quite so bad if it weren't so repetitive. I was done with it before the end of the second round of index fights.
    I hear that. It started off alright, what with the rescuing the Myconians, and then it just devolved into those Index fights.

Multiple farming runs for gems on the plains has resulted in a single nyth and crimzian. My biggest problem there is loading into the plains and there not being any mining spots to farm.
    In trying to get Sentirum for spoiler mode arcanes, I've found that caves and cave entrances seem to be fairly good. In particular, the cave to the south of Twin Horns isn't bad; if you go west the area around Er-Phyrah's Vigil usually has tons of stuff, and the cave east of that one has stuff around both entrances and inside it. It really helps if you've gotten the top tier laser (but of course that involves lots of Cetus standing) as it shows you where nearby deposits are on the minimap.

Speaking of the razorback event, though. I did run into a really weird bug. As far as we could figure out, this was just an ordinary pick-up group.

Mission results
    Huh. I can at least imagine how that could happen, as raids supported (supports? are they still up?) up to 8 players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

9. - Top - End - #219
    Dwarf in the Playground

I haven't been having much luck with drops in the past week or so. Five or six attempts at Vigilante Offense with no luck. Five attempts at ember prime parts with only a single drop. Three or four attempts at wyrm prime with no luck. Multiple farming runs for gems on the plains has resulted in a single nyth and crimzian. My biggest problem there is loading into the plains and there not being any mining spots to farm.

Mission results

Another question. I've got all the parts for gorgon wraith and latron wraith. I've already done the base weapons and latron prime. I don't have any particular interest in them outside of mastery fodder. Are they worth anything to anyone? They seem easy enough to acquire that it wouldn't really be worth it to sell them. I tried a couple times with no response, which is partially why I'm asking.

Yeah, I love the 5 players bug. Got one time in the Index. Multiple turns too. It persists if you don't dismantle the cell.
    And the fifth player get his own (5) waypoint and all.
    But the 5th player changed from time to time.

The best we could figured out, its was a bug because multiple invitations and I was visiting someone's ship in the cell at the same time the fifth player joined.

about PoE mining...I use the map, go all the way to the north, then go left and backtracking until the gate again. But mining is just acceptable with the best gear, that MARKS the mining spots and 60m radar.
    Spoiler
    Show

Best part of PoE is all the amps and stuff are pretty much useless. I mean you farm eidolons to get better amps to farm eidolons? to get eidolon lens to get focus more quick to farm more eidlons? bah.
    Last edited by FireJustice; 2018-02-26 at 01:58 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220

Build everything, Level everything and then sell the spares. Latron Wraith is a very good weapon, much better than the crummy prime, the Gorgon while having recived a bit of a buff recently is still a gorgon and its whole family still needs a proper buff to bring it up to par with the other LMGs

At least the recent buff made the Prisma and the Wraith more distinict in what they are
    I find machine guns in general underwhelming in Warframe. Enemy armor scaling means that a lot of little hits don't work very well at higher levels, hence my 6-forma fabulous riven'd Prisma Gorgon doing less damage than a stock opticor against lvl 60+ enemies.

I mean, it's one of my favorite weapons- there's a reason I've put six forma into it trying to make it good. It's fun, it sounds good, and until you hit the "sweet spot" for your build- the point where enemies stop dying as soon as you shoot in their direction, but you're not digging through a mountain with a butterknife- it mows through enemies better than most non-room-clearers. It's just that with damage 2.0 LMG sweet spots are about 5 levels wide, as opposed to the 15-20 level range I get from most other weapons.
    If it's not obvious, insert a after my post.

11. - Top - End - #221

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by thatSeniorGuy View Post
    In trying to get Sentirum for spoiler mode arcanes, I've found that caves and cave entrances seem to be fairly good. In particular, the cave to the south of Twin Horns isn't bad; if you go west the area around Er-Phyrah's Vigil usually has tons of stuff, and the cave east of that one has stuff around both entrances and inside it. It really helps if you've gotten the top tier laser (but of course that involves lots of Cetus standing) as it shows you where nearby deposits are on the minimap.
    Yeah, I've been having good luck with the caves near twin horns and er-phryah's vigil in terms of number of mining spots clustered together, but the problem is there have been a number of times I've gone to the plains and there just are no mining nodes in those spots. It's like they didn't spawn.

Latron Wraith is a very good weapon, much better than the crummy prime,
    How so?

The best we could figured out, its was a bug because multiple invitations and I was visiting someone's ship in the cell at the same time the fifth player joined.
    Now that you mention it, one of the other players did mention being on someone else's ship at the time, but from the way he was talking, it wasn't anyone in the group at the time.
    The first chapter of The Book of Svarog

“Everything has its time and everything dies.” ~ The Doctor (Doctor Who)

“The facts of nature are settled within the field of human argument.” ~ The Golem- What Everyone Should Know about Science by Harry Collins and Trevor Pinch.

12. - Top - End - #222

How so?
    Latron Wraith is more focused around critical hits and has the option of using a powerful Argon Scope build, whereas Latron Prime is okay all-around, and can't access the multiplicative scaling of the Wraith as reliably.

Before the weapon update last patch, this was even more true, and the Latron Prime was just plain bad.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

13. - Top - End - #223

NinjaGuy

Yeah, I've been having good luck with the caves near twin horns and er-phryah's vigil in terms of number of mining spots clustered together, but the problem is there have been a number of times I've gone to the plains and there just are no mining nodes in those spots. It's like they didn't spawn.
    ... Huh. I've never noticed that happening before, unless it's happened when I've been doing bounties/Eidolons and I just haven't noticed. That sucks.
    She was about to say "--this new place that just opened up, Starshinia, which was founded by a red-headed aasimar, but was just taken over by an Azurite fallen paladin turned blackguard. Apropos of nothing, I hear they just invented a new spell called Halflings Don't Have To Breathe."

14. - Top - End - #224

Got Inaros, Mirage, and Mag cooking right now. Probably on some weekend in the future I'll buy an affinity booster and spend an entire weekend grinding affinity and Mastery Rank.

Probably after I get like 3 more frames and a bunch of weapons built too.

15. - Top - End - #225

NinjaGuy

Inaros was my favourite/main frame for a while. Heaps of fun, and just never dies if you're paying attention. And I really loved his quest (though I might have gotten lucky with the things I needed to kill for the canopic jars). I've had lots of fun with Mirage, though not on higher levels. Mag ... I played around with when I was a wee little Tenno, and wasn't too impressed with her. Might be fun to try her out now that she's got a little bit of a buff (and I know how to mod properly).

What frames are you going to try for next?

16. - Top - End - #226

Mirage plus a Projectile Weapon equals Win (Kulstar is a absolute hoot with Her)
    Mag, she's always been good and a failing point i made at the start was that i didn't start with her but was sucked into the lie that was volt by my love of lightning.
    Inaros is the classic beach bully ~ you kick sand in their face and then hurt things. also makes Hijacks easy even in sorties. He is my goto for whenever i do a Rathrum arena
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

17. - Top - End - #227

Equinox components grind is <redacted>.

That is all.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Equinox components grind is <redacted>.

That is all.
    At least it's not Trinity.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NEO|Phyte View Post
    At least it's not Trinity.
    Can you do a keyshare for her like with Mesa? I've never had to grind the Ambulas for warframe parts.

20. - Top - End - #230

Had no issues with Equinox. Frost + Hek + the dulcet tones of Tyl.
    I feel for anyone who has to suffer the Kela fight these days to get the parts tho, it was bad enough trying to get the Mod i wanted from here and aside from a cpuple of sorties with friends who were determined to do it i have not been back. Ambulas the fight isn't too bad but the tedium of getting the required drops for it can be.

I put getting Atlas off for a long time and then was rewarded with all parts in 4 runs back to back, never been back for anyone or anything. Similarly i was pleased to have unlocked all the Nodes before they changed some of them to be the two new awful archwing modes.
    Last edited by Leon; 2018-03-03 at 07:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Can you do a keyshare for her like with Mesa? I've never had to grind the Ambulas for warframe parts.
    It's not a key setup, everyone going to the node needs to cough up their own set of beacons.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

I feel for anyone who has to suffer the Kela fight these days to get the parts tho, it was bad enough trying to get the Mod i wanted from here and aside from a cpuple of sorties with friends who were determined to do it i have not been back.
    Facing Kela is a lot easier these days as they halved the threshold, halved the cost, but kept the Judgement point gain from arenas the same. I still encounter people who don't know how to do the fight though (they just stand on the button and not shoot at the target).

That reminds me, I need to check how much punchthrough you need to get to the targets since they removed the infinite level geometry punchthrough of the Ignis (Wraith).

23. - Top - End - #233

Lephantis is my new favorite boss fight in Warframe.

Clear indications of what you should target, challenging but not <redacted>, and there's no annoying gimmick.

24. - Top - End - #234

Bring a Frost, Nova or Rhino (or all three) and he wont move much giving plenty of time to shoot the heads ~ tho a miss timed stop can leave a head stuck in the floor...
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Clear indications of what you should target, challenging but not <redacted>, and there's no annoying gimmick.
    Until one of the three heads in stage 1 never pops up, or a head gets stuck, or the floor doesn't break, or you end up trapped in first phase room when the fight shifts to the second stage... Lephantis when it works is fine, when the scripts break (which is often), not so much.
    Last edited by Brother Oni; 2018-03-04 at 05:17 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236

Spoiler: Apostasy
    Show
    SPACEMOM NOOOOOOOOOOOO

white text because all caps are important here

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

Some new global glyph codes (enter them on https://www.warframe.com/promocode)

BWANA
    INEXPENSIVEGAMER
    LILLEXI
    BROZIME

The Inexpensivegamer one is cute.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Dwarf in the Playground

Baro's here

With Primed Flow (mandatory) and Slash mods (Buzzkill and sweeping serratin can see game)
    Edo Plates & Anpu sugrata (very tasteful cosmetics), even anpu staff skin is cool

29. - Top - End - #239

Just hit MR10.

Spoiler: RIP Latron
    Show

RIP Latron. You were actually not that good.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2018-03-09 at 10:27 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

NinjaGuy

SYBARIS BOYZ 4EVA!!!1!!!

[I actually don't care to be honest, I lean to either spray and pray (Some Prime/Ignis Wraith) or shotguns (Tigris Prime/Arca Plasmor)].

To add on to what Fire Justice said, Baro's also selling relics for Aklex Prime (which you can only get from him), and Volt Prime and Odonata Prime (which are vaulted).
    Last edited by thatSeniorGuy; 2018-03-09 at 11:38 PM.