New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default GMR 19 More then 1.5 dozens

So it's been a long time and there's only one gmr game left on the forums.

This is unacceptable.

So who wants to join me in a fantastical tale of nation states?

If so, please place your votes on what map we should make, and what nations you want to play.

For instance I want to play as Egypt.

Who's in!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: GMR 19 More then 1.5 dozens

It has been a while! I'm getting a bit burned out as a player but will be watching this game as a spectator for sure.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd certainly be down to get in on one of these from the beginning. I'd probably place a vote for Continents or Pangaea, just to keep everyone close to each other geographically.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I'm feeling a less burned out on GMRs now that I've had some time to take a break, apart from 14 of course.

I'd be up for a Continents map, playing either the Shoshone or Babylon [Babylon if and only if everyone has the DLC for it].
    Just, let's not do another huge map, okay? That's much too large for my taste.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

I'm getting a bit burned out as a player

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

So, do we want to let this go for a little while longer or set up a smaller game?

7. - Top - End - #7

Do we want a four player game?

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

It's been three weeks since I first posted. I'm not sure how many more players we'll be able to get.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I personally think six would be a stronger game, but if we can only get four I'm fine with getting this going.
    Happiness is mandatory, citizen. Remember, a happy citizen is a loyal citizen. Failure to be happy at all times is a violation of Alpha Complex regulations. In the event you are unhappy, please immediately inform your Loyalty Officer.

10. - Top - End - #10

BardGuy

Well, I've managed to convince my graphics card to run Civ V again (and Civ VI, even though it's not "supposed to" be able to meet requirements), so if you need someone, I'd be up for playing. Against the AI, I usually play random civilizations for variety's sake.

I might finally have a fighting chance as Liberty in my current game (Egypt, BNW, Deity level) where I was the second to hit Freedom (eight civilizations, fractal map, I think). I've never gotten this far at Deity level as Liberty before (of course, since Rome and Carthage have decided to put aside their differences and go after me, this might be early; on the other hand, I was able to Faith-buy Research Labs in all of my cities the turn that I hit the tech, so the "Oxford radio into Plastics" tech slingshot appears to be working).

That's probably too much about my game versus the AI.

So, yes, I'd be up for playing if you need someone to make six; I'll play any Civ, just let me play Civ!
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

That brings the count up to 4 by my eye. Do we want to get started now then? Does anyone know of anyone that might want to join?

12. - Top - End - #12

5, I'll ask nerd-o-rama if they want to join.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we going to get started with invites soon?

14. - Top - End - #14

Yes, I will start monday.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Does everyone have the Babylon DLC or should I stick to the Shoshone?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I do have Babylon, and would like to play as the Maya.

17. - Top - End - #17

BardGuy

I have the Babylon DLC.

Let me try the "high-roll" attempt with Spain, please.
    "Chess, like love, like music, has the power to make men happy." --Siegbert Tarrasch

18. - Top - End - #18

Babylon is fine.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, let's make this an even 6. Sign me up for more in-character shenanigans. Continents is good for map type, civ-wise I'll take the Inca (which I'm assuming everyone has at this point).

Here's hoping my motherboard doesn't die this time around

20. - Top - End - #20

21. - Top - End - #21

Also what time zones are you in?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Gmt (utc + 0).

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Pdt (utc -8)

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm Central time. (-5). I usually am available around 6-10 pm

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Any word from nerd-o-rama? Everyone else has joined.

26. - Top - End - #26

I haven't noticed him on. I'll start the game tonight or tomorrow.

27. - Top - End - #27

Game has started.

Join before the end of the first turn, and get poland as your civ! Does not apply if you're already in the game.

Spoiler: For spectators
    Show

Here. In the ancient years of 4000 AD. Do we come upon the ancient Ninaians.

Master wonder builders. We shall soon see the construction of their first settlement near the forest of cocoa plants.

Inbetween the harsh desert and harsher tundra do they make their home. Ninatopia!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Took my turn. Forgot to grab shots though. I'll have to do a spectator update in a turn or three.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Spoiler: Spectators
    Show
    It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...

So began a book about two civilizations that don't exist in this world.

Here in Babylon, it is just the best of times as our people finally, after years of exile, have constructed a wonderful city from which we shall one day rule the world.

(Unfortunately, this world leader is still trying to figure out how to place pictures from imgur here on GitP, so while images exist, they are not yet here)

Suffice to say, our people have found a lush rainforest from which our people shall find wondrous citrus fruits and beautiful dyes in the nearby woodlands. Our great city is founded upon a rushing river. Our first priority in research is to develop the means of writing so that we might commit history to paper, even as we begin to scout the land for further settlements.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Shame we're already at 1 AI player at the start, but not much we can do about now I suppose.

I'll start the first spectator update in a couple of turns, because there isn't much to show at this point in the game. That's why I'm not doing a turn 1 update. Definitely not because I'd forgotten what key Steam's screenshot function was bound to.