New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Baltimore by Night IC [Vampire the Masquerade Revised]

December 22, 2017
    Euphoria Night Club - Outside Medford - Broening
    Deacon Cross, Alexander Green, Helena Sasaki, Michael Higgins, Nina Silvertooth, Marie Valentine and Jonas Sinclair

Its been a long week, but then it always seems that way when there is a holiday on the horizon. Christmas just around the corner, the work week was over, and it was time to blow off steam. The city was becoming less and less inviting with the murder rate above 1 death per day so partying had moved to the outer parts of the city. The Medford - Broening area was only blocks from Greektown and the Hopkins-Bayview communities. And right outside it was the Euphoria Night Club, a club well known for Hip Hop, Latin, and House music but also known for great bartenders. The club didn't open till 10:00 and of course it didn't do to be anything but fashionably late so you all plan to arrive at the club before 11:00 otherwise you would be waiting outside for a chance to get in. The weather was wasn't the greatest with the temperature dropping and the skies being overcast all day so standing outside was not an option.

It is around 9:00, what are you doing?

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

OCC Thread here.
    Dice Thread here.
    Last edited by ybn1197; 2018-01-03 at 01:19 PM.
    Lily: What's happening?
    The Doctor: No idea. Do what I do; hold tight and pretend its a plan.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Baltimore by Night IC [Vampire the Masquerade Revised]

The work week had been an arduous affair, an especially uneventful week spent doing the same thing as always, staring at monitors and occasionally patrolling the premises of the building. This weekend, however, was a much anticipated one as Helena would be going out with a friend from high school, one of the few who remained in touch after the ten year reunion. This was a welcome change from the typically lonely weekends she would spend running errands or trying to budget her expenses so that she could more quickly pay off her debts. Unfortunately, she had little in the way of fancy clothes. Resigned, she opts for the dress she had worn to the reunion, hoping that her friend wouldn't notice or would at least have enough tact not to comment on it. The shower is a cold one but Helena had already gotten used to the water temperature. Altogether, showering, putting on casual make up, waiting for her hair to dry, and wearing the dress take around an hour. Deciding that it would be better to arrive earlier than later, she grabs a coat and her purse then descends into the subway, beginning her trek across public transportation routes to reach the club in time.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Nina had just come home from her gig. The rest of her band following eagerly into her flat behind her.

Okay, we have two hours to get ready. Nina remarks, placing some of the instruments and sound equipment down near the couches.

I call first shower, either of you two could come with me if you want? She teased with a wink to the two other girls in her band.

Either way girls go first so we still have time to put on make up, Jessie do you still have that really cute sky blue dress with you,
    or did you forget it at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Marie walks down the street yawning, just having woken up. For her, her job starts when the sun goes down, and everyone is getting drunk. Rotating between night clubs , so as not to get banned from any of them for a mass ring of thefts, but also working on seeing if she can find where people live, if no one is home well ... easy mark. A girls gotta live right? Dressed in some decent looking clothes, nothing too fancy beyond a pair of jeans and a nice top, of course covered in a bulky jacket as its cold outside. She walks down the street listening to her ipod, one of the few luxeries she allowed herself to keep, because of course this is from someone else that she .... found it on, Marie "accidentally" bumps into a man walking towards her, finding his wallet easily she looks up to him and apologizes , "Sorry, sorry," and keeps on going.

Mmm i think today, today i will go visit the Euphoria Night Club, havn't been there in awhile. She thinks ot herself and heads that way, getting there early so as not to have to stand outside for too long... its really cold.
    Last edited by Ilena; 2017-12-22 at 04:03 PM.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

"Say that our lives are measured not by gain but by giving."
    —The Forestmaster, Dragons of Autumn Twilight
    Spoiler
    Show

Hugs For The Hug God! Cuddles For The Cuddle Throne!!!! - Jacklu

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonas stands in an alleyway, lighting a match. He stares deep into the fire, and thinks about how it feel to be burned. Not in a literal sense, yet a figurative one. On the streets, no home or family to call one's own, that's what's like to be burned. No possessions but a slightly rusted switchblade and the clothes on his back, that's what it's like to be burned. Stealing to survive, that's what it's like to be burned. If all of that is what it's like to be burned, then Jonas was smoking carcass already.

Jonas needed an escape. he was pretty sure he had enough money to go the night club, and be fed for the week. A luxury, to Jonas, that was the equivalent of a thousand fortunes. Jonas never relaxed, not ever. This would be his one and only chance to do so in a while.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, whatever adjective Quanza. Insert holiday here, a**hole. What are you celebrating? Jonas asks the man who's wallet he just stole. Said man was crying on the ground.

Just let me go man...

You're lucky I'm in a festive mood. Jonas blows out the match. Starts to make his way to the club.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

6. - Top - End - #6

BlueKnightGuy

Deacon Cross

Deacon walks out of the motel room that he's currently staying in. Walking down the stairs and onto the sidewalk, he considers his options.

It had been a good idea, at the time, to stop off here for a few days. Deacon had been hoping to meet up with a couple friends from his military days. As luck would have it, bad luck that is, they both were currently overseas on a contract.

With no other options, Deacon turns and starts walking towards the Euphoria Night Club. Both of his friends had told him stories about their visit and the adventures that followed.
    Last edited by Squadfather42; 2017-12-23 at 11:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Matt Higgins

Matt cheered as the Caps put another one in the back of the net. The score was now 5-1 and the game well in hand. He was at the sports bar to blow off steam after a long and discouraging week of auditioning, or trying to land auditions. At least his team was winning, that perhaps would set the tone for the rest of the night. After the game, he'd maybe have another drink or two then head over to one of the nightclubs nearby.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #8

Beholder

Alexander Green

Alexander switched off his laptop, tossing it into his briefcase. He gathered his belonging and walked to the door, waving his key-card over the pad to summon an elevator. Being thefirst one in and last one out was a recipe for success, especially for a first year lawyer. Not that the work was particularly interesting -- a will here and a trust there, playing second and third chair to older peers. This year was just learning ropes and paying dues... but the pay-off was later.

He went down to the building "fitness center" locker-room and started the shower, hating the stink of old paper. He changed, dressing in a loose-fitting black silk shirt and slacks, his only jewelry a class ring. He went down to the parking garage and trekked out to his car, a minor, if noticeable mark of status. He clicked the unlock button on his key and the red Mini-Cooper's lights blinked. He laid the suit-bag and briefcase in the boot of the car and slammed close the hatch. Alexander drove to the gate, tipped the guard a twenty, wished him a Merry Christmas.

Tonight, Euphoria. A few drinks, a little dancing. Just the thing to erase the day.

9. - Top - End - #9

December 22, 2017
    Deacon Cross, Alexander Green, Helena Sasaki, Matt Higgins, Nina Silvertooth, Marie Valentine and Jonas Sinclair

You've all arrived at the Euphoria Night Club by various means, the night still young but the temperature quickly falling. Most of you have come to the nightclub on your own, all for that matter except for Nina who had the members of her band accompany her. The club was already hopping as everyone here seemed to have the same idea as the rest of you, show up early to avoid standing out in the cold. The energy in the room was so palpable you could cut it with a knife, everyone enjoying the weekend before the holidays started. On the far side of the room, the DJ was spinning records that kept the majority of the people on the dance floor. Not far from where you entered, one of the bars beckoned.

Note to all my players and Game Masters: I am not online Fridays after 3:00 pm EST till Mondays around 7:00 am EST.

10. - Top - End - #10

Nina for her part was at the bar.

Give me a white Russian. She requests hiking herself up on the bar stool as her eyes trailed back to where the rest of her bandmates were currently.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Nina for her part was at the bar.

Give me a white Russian. She requests hiking herself up on the bar stool as her eyes trailed back to where the rest of her bandmates were currently.
    Nodding his head and pointing his finger at you in a "got'cha" way, the bartender turns and begins making your drink. The rest of your bandmates ((how many? 2 girls and how many guys?)) filter in. One of the girls ((Emily)) works her way onto the dance floor to find a guy to buy her drink; she's done that many a time. When you turn back around, the bartender is there with your white russian. "That's $8.00 unless you want to start a tab."

12. - Top - End - #12

(2 other girls, 2 guys)

Nina opens her wallet and just throws a ten dollar bill at the bartender. Keep the change. She replies with a wave of her hand, as her other hand picks up the drink and starts sipping, her eyes flashing to the two stools next to her, and who may be on them?

13. - Top - End - #13

BlueKnightGuy

Deacon walks into Euphoria with no problems from the doorman.

Looking around and letting his eyes adjust, Deacon makes his way over to the bar. Sitting down on one of the few empty stools, Deacon waves to get the bartenders attention.

As soon as the bartender moves over, Deacon gives a simple order.

"Beer, whatever you have on tap."

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Squadfather42 View Post
    Deacon walks into Euphoria with no problems from the doorman.

Looking around and letting his eyes adjust, Deacon makes his way over to the bar. Sitting down on one of the few empty stools, Deacon waves to get the bartenders attention.

As soon as the bartender moves over, Deacon gives a simple order.

"Beer, whatever you have on tap."
    The bartender flashes you a quizzical look Modelo good? Before you have the chance to answer, he is already on his way over to the glasses to grab a pilsner then over to the tap.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Maria gets in easily enough, this place doesnt know her by sight yet as ... someone to keep out. She strolls in keeping to the crowd a little, its a bit early to start her work. Tossing her hood off now that shes out of the cold, and looking around, scoping out anyone who might be paying attention she heads to the bar, saying to the tender, "Ill have a pop, DD for me today," She says, easy excuse to not get drunk, taking her root beer and headin to the back time to wait and be warm until others are much more drunk.
    Last edited by Ilena; 2018-01-02 at 04:52 PM.
    We of the unicorn clan are the best horsemen in the land,our horses are our lives,we live as one,we fight as one,we die as one.

We are all awesome, each and every one of us, no matter who or what we are. Except those people who want to make other people feel bad ... them .. not so much!

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by ybn1197 View Post
    December 22, 2017
    Deacon Cross, Alexander Green, Helena Sasaki, Matt Higgins, Nina Silvertooth, Marie Valentine and Jonas Sinclair

You've all arrived at the Euphoria Night Club by various means, the night still young but the temperature quickly falling. Most of you have come to the nightclub on your own, all for that matter except for Nina who had the members of her band accompany her. The club was already hopping as everyone here seemed to have the same idea as the rest of you, show up early to avoid standing out in the cold. The energy in the room was so palpable you could cut it with a knife, everyone enjoying the weekend before the holidays started. On the far side of the room, the DJ was spinning records that kept the majority of the people on the dance floor. Not far from where you entered, one of the bars beckoned.
    <><><><>

Alexander walked into Euphoria with just a hint of a swagger, surveying the nightclub's dim interior as he walked up to the bar.

Smiling at the bartender, he places an order.

"I'll have a Jack and Coke."
    Last edited by Wyndeward; 2018-01-02 at 05:59 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

BlueKnightGuy

The bartender flashes you a quizzical look Modelo good? Before you have the chance to answer, he is already on his way over to the glasses to grab a pilsner then over to the tap.
    "Perfect, I'd like to start a tab as well."

Deacon turns and surveys the crowd as he waits for his beer.

18. - Top - End - #18

Quote Originally Posted by Crixon View Post
    Maria gets in easily enough, this place doesnt know her by sight yet as ... someone to keep out. She strolls in keeping to the crowd a little, its a bit early to start her work. Tossing her hood off now that shes out of the cold, and looking around, scoping out anyone who might be paying attention she heads to the bar, saying to the tender, "Ill have a pop, DD for me today," She says, easy excuse to not get drunk, taking her root beer and headin to the back time to wait and be warm until others are much more drunk.
    Maria heads down towards the dance floor where there is an area around the open dance floor clustered with tables and people engaging in small talk. Towards the far corner is a wrought iron spiral stair case which goes up to a second floor where there are more tables and people. It is the holiday time and many of the club's patrons have been hitting the booze pretty hard already.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyndeward View Post
    Alexander walked into Euphoria with just a hint of a swagger, surveying the nightclub's dim interior as he walked up to the bar.
    Smiling at the bartender, he places an order.
    "I'll have a Jack and Coke."
    "Perfect, I'd like to start a tab as well."
    Deacon turns and surveys the crowd as he waits for his beer.
    The bartender is back quickly with a pilsner overflowing with foam. He nods at Deacon's request and waits for him to hand over a credit card to hold for the tab. Another man joins Deacon at the bar on the other side of Nina and the bartender nods, acknowledging the man's request for a jack and coke. One sec.

19. - Top - End - #19

So how does this day treat you? Nina remarks impassively, spinning around and resting her back against the bar.

20. - Top - End - #20

BlueKnightGuy

So how does this day treat you? Nina remarks impassively, spinning around and resting her back against the bar.
    "Not bad, but it could have been better. How's your day been?"

Deacon says as he speaks to the woman sitting beside him.

21. - Top - End - #21

"Not bad, but it could have been better. How's your day been?"

Deacon says as he speaks to the woman sitting beside him.
    Well so far, it's been amazing. My gig went amazing, the girls didn't take forever and a half to get ready. Nina starts.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Jonas makes his way to the bar, then puts a few bills on the table.

Whiskey. Something that will make me forget about this night by at least midnight.
    "I'M just a guy with a boomerang... I didn't ask for all this flying... and MAGIC!!!" -Sokka

Quote Originally Posted by Wuff View Post
    the biggest nerd ever who transforms into BEAR is of course alluring.

23. - Top - End - #23

Beholder

Maria heads down towards the dance floor where there is an area around the open dance floor clustered with tables and people engaging in small talk. Towards the far corner is a wrought iron spiral stair case which goes up to a second floor where there are more tables and people. It is the holiday time and many of the club's patrons have been hitting the booze pretty hard already.

The bartender is back quickly with a pilsner overflowing with foam. He nods at Deacon's request and waits for him to hand over a credit card to hold for the tab. Another man joins Deacon at the bar on the other side of Nina and the bartender nods, acknowledging the man's request for a jack and coke. One sec.
    Alexander looks around while waiting on his order. He quirks an eyebrow at the reference to the band -- something more interesting than the just having the DJ spin the tunes.

He listens to the other's conversation and waits for a pause to interject his own comment "Just great to escape into this den of iniquity. Better than reading musty old documents any day of the week."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Walking upstairs, figuring it would be a good vantage point, and seeing some one who left a 10 sitting on the table, that easily gets pocketed while the two guys arnt looking, and I walk to the back and sit down with my drink and start watching.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Matt Higgins

Matt idly wondered when he would start feeling to old to go to the club.

not today.” he decided, ordering a whiskey to settle his stress level into something bearable and take the edge off.

He cast his gaze around the room, looking for nothing in particular, more taking in the atmosphere than anything else.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

26. - Top - End - #26

BlueKnightGuy

Well so far, it's been amazing. My gig went amazing, the girls didn't take forever and a half to get ready. Nina starts.
    Deacon Cross

"Gig..as in a band? What kind of music do you play? Do you play an instrument or are you vocals?"

Deacon scans the room as he sits there speaking with the woman. It's still early enough to where he doesn'thave to lean over to much to hear her.

27. - Top - End - #27

Deacon Cross

"Gig..as in a band? What kind of music do you play? Do you play an instrument or are you vocals?"

Deacon scans the room as he sits there speaking with the woman. It's still early enough to where he doesn'thave to lean over to much to hear her.
    Mostly pop stuff, it sells well after all. And my specialty is singing. Nina remarks with a smile.

28. - Top - End - #28

BlueKnightGuy

Mostly pop stuff, it sells well after all. And my specialty is singing. Nina remarks with a smile.
    Deacon returns Nina's smile with one of his own. "Very nice, where all have you played at? Do you sing original songs or remakes like some bands do?"

Taking a sip of his beer, Deacon stops scanning the room and turns his attention to Nina.

29. - Top - End - #29

December 22, 2017
    Inside the Door
    Matt Higgins and Helena Sasaki

The club is unusually crowded for the hour but Matt attributes that to the weather and the holiday. He finds a place to stand out of the way from the human traffic moving about the floor and the press of people trying to enter from the outside.

At the Bar
    Deacon Cross, Alexander Green, Nina Silvertooth and Jonas Sinclair

Taking Deacon's card the man places it next to the register and then begins to pour Alex's jack and coke in a collins glass over ice and brings it over. That will be $8.00; want to start a tab? He points towards Jonas and nods when he hears Jonas's request.

Spoiler: Nina Silvertooth
    Show
    Give me a WITS+PERCEPTION roll. Please post to our dice thread.

2nd Flr
    Marie Valentine

From her vantage point, Marie is able to see most of the nightclub, except for the area directly under the 2nd flr (This is primarily a balcony over the dance floor. There is a second bar on this level directly over the bar on the 1st flr. A waitress is making her way around the tables nearby, delivering drinks and getting orders. She stops at the table where the 2 men are seated and puts down their drinks, waiting for payment. The one dips into his shirt pocket and pulls out a bill, passing it to her. The other goes to grab the money off the table, confused to find it no longer there. This sparks a discussion between the two men which leads to one shrugging and the other pushing him as they look for the missing money. The waitress meanwhile picks up the one drink and heads back to the bar before things get worse between the 2.

Spoiler: Marie Valentine
    Show
    Give me a WITS+PERCEPTION roll. Please post to our dice thread.

30. - Top - End - #30

Beholder

December 22, 2017
    Inside the Door
    Matt Higgins and Helena Sasaki

The club is unusually crowded for the hour but Matt attributes that to the weather and the holiday. He finds a place to stand out of the way from the human traffic moving about the floor and the press of people trying to enter from the outside.

At the Bar
    Deacon Cross, Alexander Green, Nina Silvertooth and Jonas Sinclair

Taking Deacon's card the man places it next to the register and then begins to pour Alex's jack and coke in a collins glass over ice and brings it over. That will be $8.00; want to start a tab? He points towards Jonas and nods when he hears Jonas's request.
    Alex nods and passes across a credit card to start a tab. He says "Merry Christmas" to the bartender and sits at the bar, sipping his drink and scanning the club.