1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Librarians season 4 - Literally getting married to your work

Well, the story for this season seems to be around a ritual to connect them to the library, or something like that.
    Isn't the entire point that they are already connected?

Oh well, doesn't really matter.
    The Librarians strong point was never the main story as much as the fun they have during the season, and judging by the first four episodes they are having fun.

So what did we have so far?

(minor spoilers only)

Spoiler: Episode 1
    Show
    Yet another organization trying to destroy the library (get in line and take a number please)
    Their excuse is to prevent the spread of knowledge and literacy, which doesn't make sense considering the secretive state of the library.
    So far my least favorite episode of the season.

Spoiler: Episode 2
    Show
    Pretty much from the start you know what you are going to get, and that's fine.
    Luck magic is not the most original story line, but the way they beat the curse was original

Spoiler: Episode 3
    Show
    As far as Christmas episodes go, it was far better than any other show I've seen in a long time.

Spoiler: Episode 4
    Show
    Currently my favorite of this season.
    Good mix of humor, mystery and suspense.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Librarians season 4 - Literally getting married to your work

Have to check my DVR I didn't realize it had started back up.

The Librarians strong point was never the main story as much as the fun they have during the season
    So much of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    You don't see the gnomes running around fighting wars with each other, do you? No, because they're civilized.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

This season may be my favorite. Their style of corny plots work much better as single self-contained episodes, while the season-long world-changing plots do not.

What we just saw was four episodes of The Librarians at their best in a world that is basically at peace with the occasional new artifacts arising that need to be contained.

Still, I don't know how long they can keep this up, by the end of the season (or if it is renewed) something is going to have to threaten the world in epic new ways.

The anchoring to the library I predict isn't going to happen for some reason, or, perhaps most likely, it is going to be interrupted and then will happen under some threat to the library.

Am I alone in thinking it may be time to retire Flynn and Eve Baird?
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Am I alone in thinking it may be time to retire Flynn and Eve Baird?
    I'm with you on Flynn, but I like Eve.

Flynn annoys me because his only character trait seems to be "quirky".
    It's bearable on episodes when he is alone and has to do stuff other than that, but with the full team where everyone has a role? Being quirky is all he has left.

Eve is almost the opposite of this.
    Both in episodes in which she is the focus and episodes with everybody else, she has her own way of doing things and well defined character traits.