New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Pimp My Commoner

So, if we have a level 20 commoner, how broken can we get him using any combination of feats, magic items, races, etc.? Preferably without being ridiculous about it like the chickenmancer, or by skirting around it by grabbing leadership for a cohort that you basically always hide behind.

Also, assume infinite funding ;)
    Last edited by Arenabait; 2017-12-22 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignimortis View Post
    Do you want to play all those cool fantasy adventures like Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian*, etc?
    Do you want to not actually bother about whether you've picked something that will work and not left in the dust by the rest of the party at level 7?
    Do you want that sense of excitement when you find a magic item back**?

Then Dungeons and Dragons, 5th edition is for you!

*Actually a fighter/rogue multiclass.
    **Might not apply to all campaigns. Enquire at your local DMs.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Pimp My Commoner

Hrm. Master Craftsmen feat, and Craft Magic Arms and Armour. Then the commoner pumps her craft (weaponsmithing) skill to ridiculous levels with sk, and crafts a custom magic dagger that casts create undead at caster level 80th on anyone it kills. Then she kills herself inside the area of a desecrate spell and reanimates as a Skeletal Champion with the Bloody, Burning, and Mudra variants all placed upon her, and then she's the ultimate melee warrior.

If the custom magic item part is too cheesy, then I guess she could just buy the spellcasting services normally.
    LGBTitP

Quote Originally Posted by ViperMagnum357 View Post
    I think I would agree with Boggartbae

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

GreenSorcererElf

Level 20 commoner, his experience is your pleasure! $100half an hour, $175 full hour. Satisfaction guaranteed!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, Joe the Commoner can already use the whole lot of class-independent sub-systems, from managing a business to get filthy rich, to leading an army or armada to lording it over a kingdom.
    That's a good start, because those sub-systems also ignore what classes can do and explicitly point out that not even things like a Storm of Vengeance matter on those zoom levels, so Joe might actually do quite well, because Jim the Adventurer invests more in personal equipment, than Joe could in investing that in, say, some 200 warships or enough troops to invade the next door kingdom.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Arenabait View Post
    So, if we have a level 20 commoner, how broken can we get him using any combination of feats, magic items, races, etc.? Preferably without being ridiculous about it like the chickenmancer, or by skirting around it by grabbing leadership for a cohort that you basically always hide behind.

Also, assume infinite funding ;)
    Focused study Human 10 str, 14 Dex, 14 con, 14 int 10 wis 16 Cha || traits: seeker, dangerously curious || skills: UMD, perception, animal handling, craft alchemy, ride
    1. Nature Soul, Skill focus perception
    3 Animal Ally
    4 +Cha for all of them
    5 Boon companion
    7 iron will
    8 skill focus umd
    9 Familiar Bond
    11 improved familiar Bond
    13 improved familiar
    15 Master Craftsman (assume loose interpretation of what items you can craft)
    16 skill focus alchemy
    17 craft wondrous item
    19 craft magic arms and armor

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

The commoner handbook is kicking around here someplace.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!