New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

cool Re: Netflix original "Bright"

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Training and experience don't let you shrug off bullets or survive being rammed at high speed by a police car into a wall, though. It takes an absolutely absurd amount of physical punishment to put any of the Inferni down, compared to the more grounded generic "action hero" toughness of Ward and Jakoby.

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    I'm seconding Friv.
    If they were just well-trained fighters, I'd assume just well-trained. But they are basically dodging-bullets fast and soaking attacks that should destroy walls. Thus, either Infernal investment or elves are so much better than humans and orcs that a well-trained elf is just that good. (The Inferni are at least tougher than orcs. I forget if they display super-strength or not.)

If they were human, I'd be certain it was supernatural influence.

I really wish we had been given at least one fight scene where the federal elf agent go into a fight, to see if his skill is super-ninja or not.

I might have to watch it again, but my impression where that they were moving fast and dodging left and right wich made it difficult to get a good aim at them. Not that they were matrix style dodging, big differance there.

And also, they could take a beating, but unless I misremember it, it was the orc that was hit by a car and shrugged it off, not the other way around

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Netflix original "Bright"

Quote Originally Posted by The Patterner View Post
    I might have to watch it again, but my impression where that they were moving fast and dodging left and right wich made it difficult to get a good aim at them. Not that they were matrix style dodging, big differance there.

And also, they could take a beating, but unless I misremember it, it was the orc that was hit by a car and shrugged it off, not the other way around
    I'm about 95% sure that during the battle at the gas station, Jakoby gets into the sheriff's car and rams it at high speed through a way, hitting an Inferni and pinning him against the far wall. The Inferni is trapped for a bit but gets free with no apparent damage done.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Firbolg in the Playground

It's the opposite. The Inferni ram a car through the gas station. Jacoby pushes the elf girl out of the way and gets hit by the car and pinned against the back wall. He gets out with no damage.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Bugbear in the Playground

When the deputy gets shot outside the gas station, they run in and call for backup. Then the baddies ram the car into the gas station, driven by the Inferni man elf.
    "Like the old proverb says, if one sees something not right, one must draw out his sword to intervene"

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ettin in the Playground

Lindsay Ellis on Bright

Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

6. - Top - End - #156
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Lindsay Ellis on Bright

A fantastic essay from Lindsay, as always.

I may not 100% agree with all her points, but she makes them in a thoughtful and well articulated manner; so much that i see her side of things. I love her work.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Pixie in the Playground

Just saw this last night. I really wanted to like it, but it never quite drew me in.

I think I would've enjoyed it more if they'd cut the first forty minutes down to twenty and were a little bit less heavy handed with the racial theme.

I did enjoy the latter half of the movie, but I'm still not sure the first half was worth it.

In summary: glad I watched it, not going to watch it again.
    Last edited by DuelingBlue; 2018-02-03 at 11:51 AM.