New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: The Death of Golarion - Chapter 1: Pestilence

Brianna tries to hide a smirk after Steve's retort to Laura as she helps the soldier to his feet.

"Keep weight off it as much as you can." She says to the soldier as she internally cursed the lack of a litter at the moment, then turning her attention directly to Steve. "You owe us what you know about this Soul guy and HOW you know this. A good answer will keep your paws still firmly attached."

She keeps her weight centered supporting the soldier and his armor; bastard was heavier than he looked.

"You had news for our less than observant knight?" She puffs as she struggles to keep the man upright.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vknight View Post
    GM'ing is like handling a roasting pork shoulder; the adventure is long, fraught with peril, and when done well delicious in its payoff.
    It's best with friends, something to drink (alcohol if you need/want), jokes and a good sense to accept and enjoy everything with one another for the full experience.
    Mistakes get made sometimes, laugh it off, make up, and go kill the monster to take his loot.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Steve shrugs. "Soul is Soul. He's just a thief. There's plenty of those in Westcrown, where you came from. Specifically in the Shanter's Borough, 221 Hexbreaker Circle. You really should fix the window on the second floor, by the way."

...All of that is very true information about Brianna's living conditions.

Steve turns and starts walking away. "Ah, that ice cream hit the spot. Wonder if there's a bakery around here?"

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Ahkox nods and follows Mal inside, holding the door for Alicia. Once inside he raises a hand to get the attention of a server and orders for the three of them. "It does seem like strange things be happening though. You mentioned someone related to your situation I believe?"

4. - Top - End - #214
    Titan in the Playground

Mal sighed heavily, talking into his drink. There was... a woman. I'd say she was a Tiefling if not for her massive wings. I met her when trying to investigate the Lycanthropes source. She called her self Famine. She said she would kill everyone I loved and cared for and then disappeared. She didn't seem too happy about her leaving though.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

"Famine..." Ahkox mutters before taking a hefty drink from his mug. "I had a man calling himself War. Claimed he had plans for me, give me what I want in the process, yet all he did was take what I wanted from me. Delighted in the slaughter his presence seemed to inspire. I was midway through tying him up when he disappeared on me." His brow furrows. "Seemed to expect me, said something about destiny."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

A stone formed in Mal's stomach. It felt like the world was spiraling away from him. He couldn't deny it anymore. He didn't 'believe' in Destiny. It was preposterous to think everything was preordained. Not even the Gods were that powerful. But here he was, with another "Hero of Destiny." By chance. He tried to tell himself it was just chance. A coincidence. But he knew it was a lie. A hero of he took in a deep shuddering breath, before letting out a defeated sigh. Destiny? It was a question, but with so little enthusiasm and curiosity it almost sounded like a tried and true fact.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Laura moves to support the soldier and take some weight off Brianna's shoulders. "I have a room in the inn nearby, if he needs a place to rest a while." she says.

8. - Top - End - #218

Camille looks at Laura. "Dame Eide, Queen Galfrey is an imposing warrior with a decade of experience and top of the line equipment. For even her to be injured...that man, Death. He is the cause of this. This...this amounts to a declaration of war against Mendev!"

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

"Destiny can kiss my ass as far as I care right now, I just want to beat the maggot's face in and bring it back to Makorock. Banishment be damned." Ahkox takes another quaff of his drink and grumbles some more. Eyes sweeping the inn idly.

10. - Top - End - #220

As Ahkox looks around, a catfolk male enters the tavern. He meets Ahkox's gaze and walks right over to the table.

The stranger places his hand on the tiefling's shoulder. "Malrut. I am so, so sorry about your penis."

He gives Malrut a comforting pat on the back, before walking away.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"You are right of course, Camille. Do not think I don't realize the magnitude of events here. These people were talking about Pestilence. and the soldier spoke of disease. I would not be surprised to find two others with fitting names are on the loose." Laura says. "And in a war, we need allies, which is what we are here for. All our finest are otherwise occupied in Mendev."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

”Ah. So War has come to Mendev. We met Pestilence and her sister Famine. That means Death is roaming Golarion, also. Oh, but wait, you said Death is afoot. Steve, do you know anything about the apocalypse coming in the next week?”. Lot looks around, searching for Steve. Upon realizing the cat boy is gone, he starts cursing under his breath.
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by userpay View Post
    "Destiny can kiss my ass as far as I care right now, I just want to beat the maggot's face in and bring it back to Makorock. Banishment be damned." Ahkox takes another quaff of his drink and grumbles some more. Eyes sweeping the inn idly.
    Mal took half a look at the odd Catfolk before returning to his conversation at hand with Akhox. A noble pursuit, if I've ever heard. I'm afraid I don't have any information on this War fellow. I barely know anything about Famine for the matter.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

14. - Top - End - #224

Rimok clears his throat. "If I may interrupt? Malrut, I can feel a strange power nearby. It is calling out...and it seems to be calling your name."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

Mal turns to his new companion with a quisitive look. What? Who are you talking about? Everything was starting to hurt Mal's brain.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

16. - Top - End - #226

Rimok closes his eyes and whispers a chant. ". . . The power appears to be divine in nature. I believe it might be coming from the city's temple."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

A cloak of fear draped over Mal, making his limbs feel like leaden stone. He inhaled slowly, trying to calm his nerves. Mr. Akhox, formly of Korvosa and Alicia of Korvosa. I feel it would be rude to ask this of you, seeing as we are near-strangers. But would you accompany to the temple? I... don't feel it would be wise to go alone. Or rather, I'd like more company.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Ahkox nearly chokes on his drink at what the catfolk says, the odd one well away before the half-orc can recover. Leaving him sputtering and thumping his chest. "What in blazes...?" He finally says yet his confusion must for the moment as Mal's companion speaks up.

"Church? Divine?" Ahkox scratches his head then shrugs. "Seems there's no end to strange business these days so what is a little more eh? Lead onward."

19. - Top - End - #229

NecromancerGuy

Brianna held him steady as Laura shifted under the soldiers other arm to relieve some of the weight. She smiles softly at the gesture made from Laura

"We should get him to your room at the inn; it would be best for him to lie down." Brianna stated, keeping her grip on the soldier steady.

"I doubt Korbach will protest that our reasons for being here are linked. I don't see why we shouldn't tag along with you Lady Knight. I'm Brianna, by the way." She says, thinking back. This was gonig to be a weird day for sure.

"And where did that damn catfolk go!?"
    GM'ing is like handling a roasting pork shoulder; the adventure is long, fraught with peril, and when done well delicious in its payoff.
    It's best with friends, something to drink (alcohol if you need/want), jokes and a good sense to accept and enjoy everything with one another for the full experience.
    Mistakes get made sometimes, laugh it off, make up, and go kill the monster to take his loot.

20. - Top - End - #230

The pair head to the church. As they approach, the strange catfolk from before steps in front of them. His expression is no longer silly or absurd, and he narrows his eyes.

"Are you quite certain you wish to proceed, gentlemen?"

He raises his hands to show he is unarmed. "If that is you desire, then I will not stop you. However, through those doors lies a world of pain and responsibility. A responsibility neither of you ever asked for. Are you sure you wish to take that responsibility on?"

Rimok frowns. "...He's right, Malrut. The gods are seeking to burden you with some quest or favor."

---------------------

The pair help the man into the inn and lay him down on Laura's bed.

Camille paces the room, muttering to herself about what Iomedae would do in a situation like this.

The messenger looks up at Laura. "Dame Eide...I swear to you, if it were not for these direct orders, I would have stayed and fought to my dying breath. And been grateful for the privilege."

His weak, old eyes shine with a fierce conviction.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"There is no shame in delivering this message. I would have fought beside the knights of Mendev to the last. But to both of us, fate had given another duty. For now, rest here. We will get you help, and get you back in shape." Laura says, returning the man's conviction with her own. Once she has seen that the soldier is comfortable, she heads to the innkeeper and asks, "I need to get a healer for my friend. Do you know where I could find one?"

22. - Top - End - #232

The innkeeper, a fiery redheaded dwarven woman, smiles. "Of course, lass. There's a temple to the gods just a few blocks east of here."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Ahkox crosses his arms. "Seems like the gods already done so if they let that... Thing do as it wills. If it helps me bring him down then I'll weather the storm."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Laura goes back to Camille to tell her that she is bound for the nearby temple to try and find a healer. She is free to come with her or stay with the soldier as she pleases. There should be plenty of time to see to a healer before the speech. She sets off.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

Enthusiastically, Mal nodded before trudging into the church. He didn't really understand why he was. He felt like he had to.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #236

Standing inside the church, the two look around at the towering statues.

Malrut feels the power now. He feels a voice, calling to him. It draws at him, from the back of the room.

Meanwhile, Ahkox stares up at the statue of Iomedae, gazing down at him from the entrance. The statue's sword starts to glow, and Ahkox can hear a voice enter his mind.

"Young man, you have seen for yourself the horrible reality of war. War is sometimes necessary, but not the kind of war that these people want to start. There is no honor...in meaningless carnage. Victory cannot be achieved between two sides that have nothing to gain. This conflict, the conflict to end Golarion itself, can benefit no one. Not even the man who seeks to instill it. You know of whom I speak. I ask you, young man. Will you stand up to this horror? Will you fight against the horrors of war?"

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Ahkox pauses mid-step as the voice comes to him, head cocking in suspicion. A conflict to end Golarion? Normally one would laugh at such a thought but having seen first hand War's power, even if only a fraction of it, there is a sliver of truth to it. " He fights for nothing." Ahkox hisses out as anger tinges his voice. "A war is only worth fighting if there's something to fight for. That's a lesson I learned a long time ago and it's one I intend to knock into his noggin if given the chance... I'll be the rock that this conflict breaks upon if it means getting that chance."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Korbach, who has been studying the knight and her companion throughout the entire encounter suddenly stands, snapping his fingers in a way that tells Brianna he has reached a decision.

"Leave your squire to tend this man, Dame Knight. Brianna and I will accompany you to the temple. I think we need to hear your story, and the walk could be important for us all."
    “It's like everyone tells a story about themselves inside their own head. Always. All the time. That story makes you what you are. We build ourselves out of that story.”
    ― Kvothe, The Name of the Wind

Spoiler: personality test results
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239

NecromancerGuy

Brianna nods in agreement with Korbach; not much further needed to be said.

This had been a weird day; so many weird little changes and events, and it seemed there was more to come. Brianna leaves the inn with Korbach and Laura, keeping an eye out for Soul and Steve in the streets.

30. - Top - End - #240

Brianna sees neither in the streets, at least until they reach the temple. Steve steps in their way and sighs.

"You three are starting to become a pain in my side. You have seen the devastation that Death wrought on these lands, little girl. Do you really think that picking up a fancy sword and calling yourself a knight is going to stop it? Why don't you just run away and hide under your blanket?" He glares at Laura with an expression that could only be described as absolute loathing. There is not a shred of his usual air-headed or casual demeanor.

------------------------

Ahkox hears the voice in his head once more. "Good. Then stand up, and take up the mantle of righteousness."

Spoiler: Userpay Only, OOC
    Show
    Ahkox gains a Mythic Tier! Ahkox is now a Guardian