New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Monsterhearts2-Sindale (Game Thread)

Meanwhile
    At the tailings pond, two men in protective suits stand at the edge of the toxic green water. The younger one kneels, collects a test tube full of the water and then pours it into a second tube containing a clear liquid. he closes a cap and shakes, and the water flushes an orangish red color that matches the sunset.

"The Ph has stabilized at six-point-seven. The precipitant is working as expected. Did you want to run any more tests tonight, Mr. Federov?"

The older man is already stripping off his protective suit, revealing a shirt and tie underneath.

"I've got to get home, Brad," says Mr. Federov. "My family is expecting me. But if you want, you can stay late and finish this batch." And as Brad shrugs and continues running chemical tests, Mr. Federov places a call on his mobile phone.

"Honey, I'm still up at the site. You and Alexi can start dinner without me. I should be home in thirty."

A short time later, Brad is again combining pond water with a test tube. This time, he's frowning at the result of the test.

"Biological contaminants? Must be a mistake. Nothing living would be in that pond."

Behind him, a figure figure silently rises out of the water, rotting and skeletal hands stretched out towards Brad's neck.

Day 2: Thursday
    Next day begins. Feel free to start a scene if you know what your character is getting up to.
    Sindale Cast Page

Sindale: Safety tools

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ettin in the Playground

Alexi Federov, the King
    Harm: 0/4
    Conditions: In Charge

Alexi and Jason walk down the hall Thursday morning. Its early - Jason has morning practice and Alexi is his ride to it, so after practice, they wander the mostly empty halls. "... Did she tell you what he said to upset her? I didn't want to ask in the car ride - it seemed pretty tense." Alexi says quietly to Jason. It had been a pain to go pick up Connie and bring her home after Deckland ditched her - to say nothing of the flak he caught from his father; Dad didn't like him driving around after dark. "I'm not trying to pry, I just want to make sure you guys are okay, ya know?"
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2018-01-17 at 09:19 AM.

Marcus Caius, Astropath Trancendent by TheArchitect

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Teresa Montoya, the Mortal
    Conditions:Crushing

'Izzy, Ibby, Bella, Bel....Bee? Honey Bee? Oh that's kind of cute actually. I might try that one...'

Teresa is sitting in the hallway outside of the door to home room with her notebook and a half finished peppermint mocha. Even with the caffeine it still feels way too early, and she's not really reading her class notes so much as her eyes are just sort of sliding over the words without registering them.

She looks up when she hears Alexi coming though. That's right he's always here kind of early with Jason. She waves when he comes into view but she doesn't actually move to get up to greet him since she's feeling pretty comfy right now. "Hey there, so uh..." she glances down the hall in case Akinson materializes from somewhere. "Like, any updates about what to do with you know who? Because I love you but this might really be a little outside of my pay grade. Dude threw acid or something on a student, I don't want to mess with that."

Not that she wasn't totally going to snoop for her own satisfaction of course, but if she could avoid outright violating the school's academic code of conduct she would still prefer that.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Christine Harris : The Infernal
    Harm: 0 of 4
    Conditions: None

Christine awakes suddenly, drenched in cold sweat. She knew she'd been dreaming of something cold and dark but could not remember the specifics, same feeling she woke up with almost every day. Whatever, sleep when I'm dead right?
    She runs her shower too hot, trying to burn away the vestiges of the night, but shuts it off as the heat and the steam starts make her own thoughts a little too confused and steamy, she blushes and shuts down the shower. It's not that she didn't have fantasies, but between Doug asking her out, finding out about Ashleigh, her ummm discussion with Deckland and the makeup session with Teresa it all seemed so much more real now, and not just idle fanfic.

She dressed and slipped quietly into the kitchen, no-one was around, her mother was probably either still out or had set off early this morning, her father still in bed, she breathed a sigh of relief, she loved her parents... kind of. But she had nothing in common with them, and trying to talk with them was just awkward.

A quick bite of some toast and Christine is outside starting up her truck.

Quote Originally Posted by OOC
    That's essentially a big post for, not doing anything much really

5. - Top - End - #245

Alexi
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    Alexi and Jason walk down the hall Thursday morning. Its early - Jason has morning practice and Alexi is his ride to it, so after practice, they wander the mostly empty halls. "... Did she tell you what he said to upset her? I didn't want to ask in the car ride - it seemed pretty tense." Alexi says quietly to Jason. It had been a pain to go pick up Connie and bring her home after Deckland ditched her - to say nothing of the flak he caught from his father; Dad didn't like him driving around after dark. "I'm not trying to pry, I just want to make sure you guys are okay, ya know?"
    "She wouldn't say. But if it was something bad about her, she would have just told me to kick his ass, so it's something else."

Frustrated, he slams his hand into a locker and the metallic clang echoes through the hall.

"Can we just kick his ass anyway?"

and then you round the corner to see Teresa.

Christine
    Quote Originally Posted by spinningdice View Post
    A quick bite of some toast and Christine is outside starting up her truck.
    Your trip to school is interrupted by the sight of flashing police and emergency lights. Traffic is backed up at the railroad track, and EMTs are loading what can only be a dead body into an ambulance. You experience a sudden deep sense of dread, and know that this death isn't unconnected to everything else that's been happening in town recently. What do you do?

Deckland
    Connie lives way out of town, on Suttridge road, about ten minutes past the De Winter house. Back in the day, this was a working farm, but now the old farmhouse is burned down and Connie's family lives in a trailer home on the site. The decaying red barn is still there, filled with half-disassembled cars and tractors.

When you arrive, Connie is outside the barn, cutting a plastic water jug into pieces with a circular saw. It looks like she's assembling the pieces into some kind of prop armor--with all the noise, she hasn't noticed you arriving.

Would you have picked Ashleigh up first? Or is it just the two of you here? What do you do?
    Last edited by arscott; 2018-01-17 at 04:32 PM.
    Sindale Cast Page

6. - Top - End - #246

Isabel Garcia: El Fantasma
    Conditions: Hot Headed

Isabel arrives in the stark, early hours as well, making her way through the sparsely populated school and heading towards the even emptier admin wing. It's not her usual habit; normally she'd have been watching the sunrise, or sneaking into the library to return an 'unofficially borrowed' book, or spying on some unsuspecting family's morning rituals. Anything to pass the time, of which she had an abundance.

But today, she has something else on her to-do list. Actually, she has several things on her to-do list–making amends with Xophie and deflecting her investigation into Isabel's age, learning what Grace has been up to all these years, figuring out what the hell is really going on with Christine and how Deckland ties into it–but most of it would have to wait. For now, she has more pressing business, which can only be conducted before most of the students come trickling in: making good on her promise to Teresa.

Pausing outside the door she's looking for, she takes a quick glance around to see if anybody's watching, then reaches through the frame to unlock it from the inside. Then, with a quiet click, she cracks open the door and prepares to step into Mr. Akinson's office. If he has any secrets, this seems like a good place to start.

Open invite to Alexi or anyone else wandering the halls to see Isabel breaking in.

Also, timing this so that Mr. Akinson is out of the office seems potentially risky enough to merit a Keep Your Cool roll, so I'll go ahead and roll that. (2d6-1)[11]

Haha wow, boxcars. Can't believe that actually worked! Okay, here's my question then as I'm going through his office: where would Mr. Akinson hide the skeletons in his closet, whether that's here or in town somewhere?
    Last edited by Oberon Kenobi; 2018-01-17 at 06:19 PM.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show
    The Sphere Tactician, a Tactician archetype for Spheres of Power.
    The Bullet Witch, a Gunslinger archetype also for Spheres of Power

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Deckland Cross, the Vampire
    Harm: 1 of 4
    Conditions: Confusing, Upyr.

Deckland parked his car in clear view of the barn, if she looked up, she'd see it, recognise it. He made sure to slam the car door, hard enough for her to hear it, if there was a lull in her work, really he wanted to make sure she saw him approaching, so as not to startle her. The last thing he needed was for her to injure himself, the blood would likely trigger a reaction from him, and he was walking on thin enough ice coming here before picking up Ash.

He watched her work, sitting on the hood of his car, a small flat white espresso in a Star Bucks cup beside him. He couldn't drink it, but he certainly appreciated the warmth, and the aroma. She'd mentioned she was on a diet, the flat white was low calorie, or at least that's what the barrista told him, he shrugged as he watched her work. He knew of her interests, medieval fantasy, SCA, things like that, it held little interest for Deckland, but he could appreciate the lure of returning to a simpler time.

As the saw wound down, he cleared his throat, "Connie? Espresso? Flat white, lady said it's low cal, and you said you're on a diet, right?" He held out the steaming shot as he approached her.

OOC: Went with just me, due to the proximity to the DeWinter place, and it might be more fun that way.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2018-01-17 at 04:46 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Christine pulls over, the truck may shake a rattle like it was falling apart, but didn't get any worse for pulling off the road and hops out to investigate... Sure she may look like a ghoul, trying to get a peek of the dead body, but half of school thought she was a freak anyway. Most of the other half wouldn't care less.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ettin in the Playground

Alexi Federov, the King

Alexi puts a hand on Jason's shoulder. "We'll get him, man. I promise."

As Teresa speaks about her worries with Atkinson, Alexi raises his hands, conciliatory. "I get it. Don't worry - we'd, I'd, never let anything hurt you." Alexi smiles almost sheepishly "Lets go checkout the office; just to scope it out."

OOC: Seems almost like a Turn On Roll: (2d6+3)[13] Tagging Crushing (sheepish smile, protecting), and if I can tag my own condition In Charge, thats an additional +1

10. - Top - End - #250

Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Kenobi View Post
    Pausing outside the door she's looking for, she takes a quick glance around to see if anybody's watching, then reaches through the frame to unlock it from the inside. Then, with a quiet click, she cracks open the door and prepares to step into Mr. Akinson's office. If he has any secrets, this seems like a good place to start.
    Nothing in the desk drawers. Nothing on the bookshelf. If he's got anything unusual or incriminating, it's probably not here or in any other obvious place.

And then it occurs to you that he might hide his secrets in unobvious places. One of the white ceiling panels in this room is just a little bit off-kilter, like it's been moved, or there's something stuck in the frame.

It's a small burgundy flash drive. It's password-locked, and you'll probably need someone from this century to decrypt it for you. Someone with tech skills. And you can also hear footfalls coming. Not those of a teacher, this is a group of chattering students. You think you can make out Alexi and Teresa talking.

Deckland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero Prime View Post
    As the saw wound down, he cleared his throat, "Connie? Espresso? Flat white, lady said it's low cal, and you said you're on a diet, right?" He held out the steaming shot as he approached her.
    Connie stops the saw and turns to face you, but doesn't yet take your coffee.

"Deckland. I didn't think you'd be here this morning."

What do you do?

Christine
    Christine pulls over, the truck may shake a rattle like it was falling apart, but didn't get any worse for pulling off the road and hops out to investigate... Sure she may look like a ghoul, trying to get a peek of the dead body, but half of school thought she was a freak anyway. Most of the other half wouldn't care less.
    The police officers try to shoo you away, but you get close enough to see the body. It's Petey. The stoner with the white-guy dreads who hangs with Penelope. And his neck is clearly broken.

You're not the only person to stop and look, too. On the other side of the street, you see deShawn Wallace, frantically scribbling into a notebook.

What do you do?

Alexi
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxic Mind View Post
    OOC: Seems almost like a Turn On Roll: (2d6+3)[13] Tagging Crushing (sheepish smile, protecting), and if I can tag my own condition In Charge, thats an additional +1
    You can't use your own conditions like that.
    Sindale Cast Page

11. - Top - End - #251

She can never say no to that smile. She puts away her notebook and screws the top back on her coffee before getting up to give him a kiss on the cheek. "I guess I could be persuaded to do that." It's not like they couldn't both invent valid reasons for being over that way. Alexi would want to chat with Natasha before classes start and Teresa could probably invent a question about her english homework that needed asking.

As they walk she notices Jason's sour mood, "Rough practice?" she offers, as they pull up outside the teacher's office.

OOC: well with a roll like that you hardly needed it. One string and she'll give him something she thinks he wants.
    Last edited by Raine_Sage; 2018-01-18 at 12:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252

Conditions: Hot Headed

"Hello, beautiful..." Isabel turns the flash drive over in her hands, tracing a finger across the surface.

These were probably her favorite innovation of the modern age: portable, easy to lose (or steal), and packed with enough info to write a small biography about whoever owned them. Even if they didn't contain anything deeply personal, which they mostly didn't, you could tell a lot about a person by the kind of illegal music they downloaded, the pictures they saved, the idiolect of their writing.

And a password-protected flash drive hidden behind a ceiling tile? Well, that's good news and bad news. Good news, it probably has juicier contents than the collected works of N'Sync. Bad news, there's only one person Isabel can think of who might know how to crack it... and the last time they'd spoken, Isabel had promised to meet her and never shown up. How exactly was she supposed to apologize to Xophie and ask her for a favor at the same time?

But that train of thought is derailed and she freezes in place when she hears Teresa and Alexi approaching.

Hijo de puta. What are they doing in the admin wing this early?

She quickly runs down her list of options. Can't wait for them to leave or Mr. Akinson might show up. Can't exit through a wall or she might be spotted. Only one choice, then.

Slipping the drive into her pocket, she pulls the door open and steps into the hallway, trying her level best to look like she had legitimate business in the office and doesn't have to explain anything, thank you very much.

"Oh, hey Reese." She smiles at Teresa, but her expression sours when she turns to Alexi. "Federov. Getting an early start, are we?"
    Last edited by Oberon Kenobi; 2018-01-18 at 01:54 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Christine realises she will regret this later.

Upon seeing the body, Christine lets out an anguised cry "Oh my god! That's Petey, my boyfriend!" she breaks through the police officers, and clutches at his face, taking a look into his eyes lets see if eyes really are the mirrors of the soul, or if they show the last thing seen by the dead.

Gaze in the Abyss (2d6+2)[6]

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Should only have been +1 mixed up volatile and dark for some reason, failure either way so no harm done
    Last edited by spinningdice; 2018-01-18 at 02:02 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Alexi Federov, the King

"School's very important to some people." Alexi says with a scowl. "Just making sure Teresa gets a fair shake from Atkinson - since you're done with him, I guess you'll be going?"

Shut Down: (2d6+1)[7] I was away from my PDFs: I'll be giving Isabel the "Lurker" condition.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2018-01-18 at 04:47 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255

Conditions: Hot Headed, Lurker

Isabel crosses her arms and scoffs. "Right, school's very important. So important you think you have to step in and make sure the little woman gets a 'fair shake,' because obviously she can't handle the coursework on her own, right?"

She turns her head to the side, fuming. She really shouldn't be lingering, but knowing what she knows about Teresa now, seeing her date a Federov eliminates any chance of her keeping a clear head. "Times change, but I guess the Federovs don't."

Let me know which option you're taking for Shut Down! We don't have any Strings on each other yet, so I guess that limits the options. Edit duly noted, Lurker condition duly added!

Since you got a 7, I think I'll give Alexi the Chauvinist condition.

And I think this is also triggering Shut Down. I'll tag In Charge, since I'm bringing his family into it and he's the heir apparent who lords it over everyone. (2d6)[6]

Yay, first XP of the day!
    Last edited by Oberon Kenobi; 2018-01-18 at 05:24 PM.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

"Oh! Hey Bee." Teresa is a little startled when Isabel steps through Atkinson's office door. Sh*t right she probably would have come here wouldn't she? And now it's family reunion part 2, disappointing all your relatives. Why do all of her friends have beef with Alexi?

"Hey play nice you two, it's too early to get into fights over me." she stifles a yawn. "It's too early for most things. He's just keeping me company Bee, you don't have to get all prickly at him. Promise." Teresa gives Isabel an imploring 'can we talk about my choice of romantic pursuit when he's not actually standing in front of us' sort of look. If nothing else this is probably good practice for eventually having this conversation with her other aunt.

OOC: I feel like this falls juust short of being a shut down since she's not being mean about it. But I do think since she's leveraging their relationship to try and get Isabel to chill, I'll spend a string. 1 exp if Isabel says she's sorry for snapping and agrees to drop it for now.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

He set the coffee cup down and approached the young woman, hands spread in a gesture of peace, his hair had fallen across his one eye, and his lips pulled into a frown, that despite his pretence, still looked vulnerable. "Honestly, neither did I," he shrugged, "but I didn't like how things ended at Diego's," now he smirked, "and not just because avocado-spinach is bitch to get out of your shirt. But because I didn't intend to piss you off, and I've hurt enough people in my life, I didn't want to hurt you too."

He paused, he was closer to her now, how had he done that, she had just glanced down. His eyes seemed impossible clear, as he looked at her, his voice shook with barely restrained emotion. "I'm sorry, Constance, I truly am."

OOC: The close physical proximity, his devilish good looks, and the hint of vulnerability are an attempt to Turn Constance On, rolling Hot, +1, (2d6+1)[10]. Let's see how Day 2 is going to start off!

18. - Top - End - #258

Christine
    Upon seeing the body, Christine lets out an anguised cry "Oh my god! That's Petey, my boyfriend!" she breaks through the police officers, and clutches at his face, taking a look into his eyes lets see if eyes really are the mirrors of the soul, or if they show the last thing seen by the dead.
    His eyes are like mirrors, reflecting the cold grey sky, but yielding no answers.

The EMTs say words like "I'm sorry miss" as they shepard you away from the dead body and its glassy eyes. Across the street, DeShawn watches with a combination of horror and disgust. You know he's not going to keep this to himself.

DeShawn will take a string on you, and then immediately spend it to give you the condition "liar".

Isabel, Alexi, and Teresa
    Quote Originally Posted by Raine_Sage View Post
    "Hey play nice you two, it's too early to get into fights over me." she stifles a yawn. "It's too early for most things. He's just keeping me company Bee, you don't have to get all prickly at him. Promise." Teresa gives Isabel an imploring 'can we talk about my choice of romantic pursuit when he's not actually standing in front of us' sort of look. If nothing else this is probably good practice for eventually having this conversation with her other aunt.
    Teresa, Isabel is obviously letting Alexi get to her in a way she usually wouldn't. This is, at least partly, about you. Gain a string on Isabel.

Deckland
    He paused, he was closer to her now, how had he done that, she had just glanced down. His eyes seemed impossible clear, as he looked at her, his voice shook with barely restrained emotion. "I'm sorry, Constance, I truly am."
    "I, um..." she stares into your eyes, getting lost for a moment. "Me too. For throning my drink at you and storming off, I mean. And, um, blaming you for a lot of stuff you have nothing to do with. It's been a rough couple of weeks."

Then she takes the piece of plastic jug that she's been cutting and fits it onto to the suit of prop armor.

"What do you think? Is this enough to protect me from the darkness that dwells below?"

Take a string on Constance. What do you do?
    Sindale Cast Page

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Conditions: Liar

So much for that idea Christine allows herself to be pulled away, cold, dead eyes are not the worst thing she's seen lately. Christine contemplates who could have killed him, as she walks back to her truck. For a cold moment, she wonders if it was her? What if it could take over her body while she slept? No, that's madness, if it could do that it wouldn't be so interested in influencing me... I hope

She looks over at DeShawn as she fires up the truck. Maybe she should talk to him.Meh, whatever I say it's going to make it worse.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Alexi Federov, the King
    Conditions: In Charge, Chauvinist

Alexi's voice is dangerously low. "You don't know anything about my family. Or me. Piss off, or you won't like what happens." He steps in front of Teresa and Jason, forcing the two back. Jason is used to being at Alexi's back, but it just got a bit crowded for Teresa.

OOC: I know its a bit, but that's very much another Shut Down: Alexi is threatening to get her gone. (2d6+1)[7] Barest of margins again, this time I think I'll have Alexi take a String.
    Last edited by Toxic Mind; 2018-01-19 at 03:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #261

"Alexi what the actual hell?" Teresa catches him by the shoulder and turns him around again, looking incredulous. Ok clearly she needs to nip this in the bud. "Can you please not make veiled threats at my cousin? What's even gotten into you?"

Cousin is a spur of the moment substitution for Aunt, but it's less likely to raise uncomfortable questions and clearly she needs to stress that Isabel is not for getting into **** waving contests with. "We can talk about this later, but I'm not putting up with you barking orders at her when she's got just as much right to be here as either of us."

She looks pointedly at both of them, Isabel and Alexi in turn. "Can we agree to take this from the top? Nicely this time?"

I'll pull a string on Alexi for the same thing, if he agrees to apologize and drop it. BUT since he outright threatened Isabel I'm also shutting him down. Tagging In Charge for the roll. (2d6)[7] Oof, barely a success. I don't know if shield kicks in if it's only Jason with us currently, but assuming not Alexi can also lose a string and give me a condition.
    Last edited by Raine_Sage; 2018-01-19 at 03:50 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262

Conditions: Hot Headed, Lurker

Isabel's hands clench unconsciously into fists. Fifty years on, and not only are the Federovs still using her family like cattle, but now their brat son has the nerve to square up and threaten her? She's just on the edge of saying '**** it' and punching him square in the face when Teresa steps in.

"Can we agree to take this from the top? Nicely this time?"
    Isabel's fists relax and the fire drains out of her veins. Her 'cousin'–Well... I guess that's less weird than 'great aunt'–is right, this isn't the time or the place. Especially when she's just finished breaking into a teacher's office and is carrying stolen property in her pocket.

"To be fair, not exactly 'veiled.'" She raises an eyebrow at Alexi, so alone without his posse to back him up. "But to be fair, not exactly 'threatening' either."

As much as she wants to push his buttons even harder, that's as far as she takes it. She lets out a reluctant sigh. "She's right, it's too early in the morning to play out a Sergio Leone movie. Truce?"

After waiting for an answer, she adds "Akinson isn't in yet, by the by. If you want to talk to him you'll probably have to do it at lunch."

Responding to Alexi's Shut Down, I'll give him the Toothless condition, since his threats don't appear to mean much.

Assuming offering a truce is close enough to apologizing to satisfy Teresa's request, I'll mark xp for that.

And I think voluntarily de-escalating things before it gets to the fisticuffs stage should be sufficient to clear Hot-Headed, yeah?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ettin in the Playground

Alexi Federov, the King
    Conditions: In Charge, Chauvinist, Toothless

"Fine - Its dropped. Family is everything, right?" Alexi says to Teresa. He turns to Isabel, "Truce, then."

Alexi moves aside, to let her leave, then pauses, eyes narrowing "How are you coming out of his office if he isn't here?"

I'll be giving Teresa "Missing the Point" as a Condition for the Shut Down.

24. - Top - End - #264

Conditions: Lurker
    Forwards: +1 to investigate Christine's nature, +1 to investigate Akinson's past

Isabel falters in her step, just for a moment, before answering. She'd had a story prepared, but that was before they'd almost gotten into a fistfight, so the question catches her off-guard.

She catches her focus again and exaggeratedly rolls her eyes, like the answer is the most obvious thing in the world. "Uh, because the door was open, pendejo? I was going to wait for him, but he was taking too long and I've got other things to do."

She raises a hand and gestures, inviting the group to finish parting so she can pass. "Still do, so if you don't mind...?"

I don't think there's a move here? I think it's up to you if Alexi buys her story, so Keep Your Cool doesn't seem to fit. If that's the go-to lying move, though, let me know.
    Last edited by Oberon Kenobi; 2018-01-19 at 10:14 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

He cocked an eye as she asked her question, "Darkness below? Lovecraft, right?" He walked around the home crafted armor, tapped on a pauldron that had been covered in leather and rivets. He continued back towards his car, grabbing the coffee, to turn back towards Constance.

He offered her the cup, "We'll need to head out soon if we want to pick up Ash and make 1st class."

26. - Top - End - #266

Christine
    She looks over at DeShawn as she fires up the truck. Maybe she should talk to him.Meh, whatever I say it's going to make it worse.
    Christine, do you have any before-class plans? Or are you heading straight to homeroom?

Teresa, Alexi, and Isabel
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon Kenobi View Post
    She raises a hand and gestures, inviting the group to finish parting so she can pass. "Still do, so if you don't mind...?"
    Isabel, you've got the flash drive and have escaped Akinson's office. What's the next step of your plan?

Alexia and Teresa, it seems like Isabel is leaving you you your own business, and the door to Akinson's office is unlocked. What's the play?

Deckland
    He cocked an eye as she asked her question, "Darkness below? Lovecraft, right?" He walked around the home crafted armor, tapped on a pauldron that had been covered in leather and rivets. He continued back towards his car, grabbing the coffee, to turn back towards Constance.

He offered her the cup, "We'll need to head out soon if we want to pick up Ash and make 1st class."
    Constance's eyes sparkle at your mention of Lovecraft.

"Oh my Azathoth, there's someone else in town who know about the Mythos. Do you play Call of Cthulhu? I've been hoping to get a group together in Sindale."

She sighs.

"But this Darkness Below thing isn't Lovecraft. It's for a LARP thing I do in Las Vegas. It's a mysterious villain found in a ruined catacombs. Classic dwarves delved to deep stuff."

You get the sense that you could keep her talking about this stuff forever, if need be. How do you respond?
    Sindale Cast Page

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Christine will take a look around Penelope's haunts before heading to homeroom. She doesn't know her well and hasn't tried to procure her merchandise before, but if she can find her before deShawn does...

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

He smiled as he helped her pack away her armor, "Not play, no. More an avid reader, Poe, James, Chambers, Blackwood. They all had a unique way of weaving terror and the macabre into everyday life. Interesting reads, to say the least."

Deckland was keenly aware of the time, though the longer he stayed in Constance's presence, the more he wished to ask her about the deWinter's investment in Sindale. It was a topic he needed to avoid however, unless he wished to undo the peace his apology had brought.

He opened the door for Connie, and slid into the drivers seat, taking out his phone and texting Asheligh.

@Ash: Connie & I will be at your place in 10, we'll give you a lift in. Apology delivered, bargain kept.
    He looked over the hood towards Constance, "Just texted Ash, she's expecting us in ten, we good?"

OOC: I'm fine with moving the scene onwards or even skipping to home room, though I'd like to establish that Ashleigh & I are on for the Pits Friday night, but wherever you want the scene to go is fine with me.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2018-01-20 at 06:49 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Alexi Federov, the King
    Conditions: In Charge, Chauvinist, Toothless

"I mean that's only what I said at the start of this ****." Alexi steps aside and graciously bows, extending his arm as if offering a trip down a red carpet, and not a fluorescent-lit concrete hallway.

"Your majesty." With no small amount of sarcasm.

After Isabel has left earshot, Alexi turns to Teresa. "Open door. 30 seconds in, out, one picture with the phone. We could do it now. Jason stands by the door, distracts Atkinson if he comes."

30. - Top - End - #270

Christine and Alexi, roll to keep your cool for your chosen actions. Alexi, you've got Jason running interference, so don't forget to add +1 to that.

Deckland, Ashleigh texts you a thank-you and lets you know you're on for tomorrow night. Since you've just proved yourself to be kind and cultured in this scene, I think it's appropriate to clear "Upyr".
    Sindale Cast Page