New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

d6 Re: General question

Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    Well first, I wouldn't call Aid Another a "little-known rule". And second, there's nothing wrong with doing it to help your teammates, especially if you're a wizard who is literally out of spells. Your friends were wrong.

This is even more true when the Rogue is much higher level than the Wizard, but now I have to ask why a 7th-level character and a 3rd-level character are in a party together, as that seems like too big of a level difference to me.
    There is a long story as to why.

Short story Rouge player only wanted certain players in the game so if you were not one of them (I was not wanted). He would pay the party to kill you. -Evil game but still- or if you went negative hit points or even low he would use his +7 initiative to engage in combat with you and put you down.

Your next character started at 3rd for a while. He was incensed that I kept up level per level until 5th [You have understand he is a far superior player then I am] sure he had to personally put my character down twice had me killed off once buy paying party.

He would talk for 4 hours until just to play roll one dice . Knowing we played between 8pm no later then 11pm multiple sessions.
    9 wisdom true neutral cleric you know you want me in your adventuring party

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: General question

Quote Originally Posted by denthor View Post

Short story Rouge player only wanted certain players in the game so if you were not one of them (I was not wanted). He would pay the party to kill you. -Evil game but still- or if you went negative hit points or even low he would use his +7 initiative to engage in combat with you and put you down.

Your next character started at 3rd for a while. He was incensed that I kept up level per level until 5th [You have understand he is a far superior player then I am] sure he had to personally put my character down twice had me killed off once buy paying party.

He would talk for 4 hours until just to play roll one dice . Knowing we played between 8pm no later then 11pm multiple sessions.
    Um. What? That's not a healthy game environment at all. Why are you continuing to play in a group with a bully like that?
    Hill Giant Games
    I make indie gaming books for you!
    Spoiler
    Show

STaRS: A non-narrativeist, generic rules-light system.
    Grod's Guide to Greatness, 2e: A big book of player options for 5e.
    Grod's Grimoire of the Grotesque: An even bigger book of variant and expanded rules for 5e.
    Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 class fixes and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

d6 Re: General question

He and the other 3 left the group as one for another game. They want to hang out for dinner play till dawn and go to breakfast together. Oh and for a while they were conspiring to take a,Friday Saturday night's as there own we play at a neutral location. They can not get enough of each other's company. We have one of those nights for the non awesome players.
    9 wisdom true neutral cleric you know you want me in your adventuring party

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: General question

Quote Originally Posted by denthor View Post

Yeah, no. This is not an issue to do with optimization. This is an issue of a control freak jackass with a bag of ***** for brains. Evil or not, it's one thing to maybe occasionally backstab someone, but to turn on other players constantly makes me wonder how the players haven't called him/her out for being an ass, and doubly on why the DM hasn't already intervened and told them to stop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.