New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Where do i find the weapon enchantment pricing table?

Hello, I'm running a game of 3.5 and many supplements use the "+X" price for the enchantment, and for the life of me I cannot find the original table for this. It seems that 3.5 material is becoming harder to find on the internet, with many PDF and handbook links going 404.
    Where do I find it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Where do i find the weapon enchantment pricing table?

For weapons, it's bonus2 x 2,000 gp. Figure out the total cost of the weapon with the new enchantment added, and subtract the current total cost of the weapon, without the new enchantment.

Examples:

1. Adding Collision (+2) to a +1 keen (+1) rapier. Current value is +2, so (22) = 4 x 2,000 = 8,000 gp (not counting weapon value). Adding another +2 raises it to (42 x 2,000) = 32,000 value. Subtract the initial 8,000 and it will cost 24,000 gp to add collision.
    2. Adding +1 enhancement to a +4 keen, collision rapier. Current value is (4+1+2)2 x 2,000 = 98,000 gp. Adding just another +1 costs (5+1+2)2 x 2,000 = 128,000 - 98,000 = 30,000 gold.

So there's not a simple chart to follow, just a short equation to remember.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

While the above is perfectly correct, the information is also available in chart form here.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alternatively, the first +1 costs 2000, and each +1 afterward costs 4000 more than the previous one did (cumulative).

So, putting the first +1 on costs 2000. The next +1 costs another 6000 (raising the total value to 8000). And so forth.
    Excel sheet for 3.5 -- Native support for stacking rules and multiple forms; as lightweight as possible otherwise. (links currently broken, if you want a copy LMK)