New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Wfrp 2e bounties?

I'm going to be running a 2e campaign soon that will have a lot sandbox bits(prediscussed sandboxyness with players) and I wanted to include bounties for particularly numerous enemies.

Like if beastmen are being a big problem, a bounty is put out, my problem is I can't figure out how much is a good amount per kill.

I was leaning towards 1-3 silver per orc, but I don't really know how much sense that makes or how much to change it for for a beastman or goblin
    78% of DMs started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% who didn't, copy/paste this into your sig.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wfrp 2e bounties?

A shilling per pair of goblin ears, five per Orc, maybe? Ten crowns per troll.

For beastmen, rate it by the impressiveness of the horns. Ungor horns might be woth two or three shillings, and gors five to ten. Ten crowns per minotaur, perhaps.

The problem here is that the WHFRP 2e economy (like every other RPG's economy) is pretty screwed up. It costs a peasant farmer their net yearly earning to buy an axe, for example. It also depends how generous you are with cash rewards in general, if you give them lots of money as rewards then you might want to adjust those numbers up. Twenty five crowns per troll or minotaur wouldn't be unreasonable, but ten crowns is enough that a character wouldn't have to work for a good few months if they didn't want to.

Just remember to specify what the characters need to bring back to claim the bounty, since no-one will believe them if they walk in and announce "we killed ten goblins, five orcs and a troll, gimme the money!"
    Amazing Banshee avatar by Strawberries. Many, many thanks.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Wfrp 2e bounties?

Just remember dead body parts rot. Kill the creatures too far from home and by the time you get it back to the magistrate there'll be no telling what it originally came from. And you can bet if the authorities can use that to get out of coughing up the cash, they will
    All Comicshorse's posts come with the advisor : This is just my opinion any difficulties arising from implementing my ideas are your own problem