New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures (Homestuck) stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sniccups View Post
    I wonder what the powers of a Thief of Time would be. How would "stealing time" even work?
    「ZA WARUDO」

Or, if you prefer, Time Alter/Cronos Rose, or Time Leap, or Time Out, or just Time Stop: You steal time by freezing it for everybody but yourself.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2018-01-28 at 08:02 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    「ZA WARUDO」

Or, if you prefer, Time Alter/Cronos Rose, or Time Leap, or Time Out, or just Time Stop: You steal time by freezing it for everybody but yourself.
    Makes sense.

Here's one thing that I really don't get right now: how did the Felt get to Alternia? I've been trying to figure it out for weeks.
    The Greatest Threads Of GiantITP (in my opinion):
    A story of the exact wrong way to run a campaign.
    The best thread derailment of all time.
    The "canonical" list of Mostly Useless Magic Items.
    A ridiculous campaign.
    Weird dreams.

Working on a laptop connected to the Internet is like writing on a typewriter welded to a circus. -Unknown

My Nexus character

3. - Top - End - #63

Makes sense.

Here's one thing that I really don't get right now: how did the Felt get to Alternia? I've been trying to figure it out for weeks.
    Remember, Caliborn's Leprechaun minions were a reward for clearing parts of the Dead Game he ended up in.

There's really no indication that you don't get to keep your powers and swag when the Game's over.

And since Lord English is already here, logically, so would his swag, which includes the Felt.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

What is it with Prospit-dreaming humans and names that start with J, anyway?
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

5. - Top - End - #65

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    What is it with Prospit-dreaming humans and names that start with J, anyway?
    Considering that they're all immediate blood relatives of each other? Family theme naming.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ettin in the Playground

I think some of you might appreciate this Twitter post. It's about the Victorian era!
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2018-02-15 at 01:26 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Hopefully not too much of a bunp, but if anyone's interested in a SBURB RPG, Konatsat and I are trying to get players and a DM for one.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ettin in the Playground

I have some ideas for a fanfic, but one of the things I want to include is hard to reconcile with the rest:

The problem I have is that I want to include a Land of Watery Graves and Radon, but then the session is Void which means it's also Null.

No, wait... I can work with this. The session in which I planned to include this planet is also the only one involved in the story which CAN be Null without messing anything up.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Devil

They're all in depth characters for whom assigning a specific alignment label is overly-reductionist.
    I feel like Lawful Evil fits Doc Scratch really well. He definitely fits the stereotypes: superficially polite, not technically lying, getting others to do his dirty work. I feel like he generally does seem to work within rules, and he does so in a needlessly cruel way. (Given Scratch's level of power and knowledge, there must be a stunning breadth of ways in which he could have accomplished his schemes, and given this many of his particular choices seem to have unnecessary suffering as a secondary goal.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    /automatically: Vriska.
    Stealthy and deadly Drow Assassin, maybe? I imagine that killing everyone before they even see you and then taking all their stuff is pretty optimal as far as Vriska is concerned.

(Drow because spiders.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    So... Shipping!
    I ship Nepeta/Meulin shippers. Because you can never get too meta.

I wonder what the powers of a Thief of Time would be. How would "stealing time" even work?
    Think: How long did you spend reading Homestuck?

Now multiply that by everyone who read all the way through.

Hussie has joked about being the Waste of Space, but the truth is that he was the Thief of Time all along.
    Quote Originally Posted by icefractal View Post
    Abstract positioning, either fully "position doesn't matter" or "zones" or whatever, is fine. If the rules reflect that. Exact positioning, with a visual representation, is fine. But "exact positioning theoretically exists, and the rules interact with it, but it only exists in the GM's head and is communicated to the players a bit at a time" sucks for anything even a little complex. And I say this from a GM POV.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    Stealthy and deadly Drow Assassin, maybe? I imagine that killing everyone before they even see you and then taking all their stuff is pretty optimal as far as Vriska is concerned.

(Drow because spiders.)
    Vriska? Stealthy? Nah. She'd be an Enchantment Wizard using Dominate minds, Divination and gleefully going around scry-and-dying all the bosses she can.

the only possible competition she'd have is Caliborn in my mind. but Caliborn isn't as good of an optimizer, because while he does have an ethic of hard work and the will to make something very powerful, he intentionally takes the most tedious, convoluted and hardest route to get there and most of it is the power of his classpect anyways, so Caliborn has a resource that Vriska doesn't and is just achieving the power he has had all along, while Vriska finds clever ways to punch above her weight and make things happen on more limited resources while Caliborn's entire journey is him fighting his way to get to the cheat code the game hands to him through pure stubbornness and anger.

Like I simply can't imagine Caliborn winning against Vriska in a fair fight. He'd pick barbarian or something like that so that can wreck whatever he wants, put all his stats into maxing Strength and Constitution, then Vriska would show him how meaningless that is with some spell combo she figured out that defeats him easily because he is too focused on force to try and do clever workarounds on his own.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone here played the obscure roguelite Hand of Fate 2? I find that its villain, Kallas, is a lot like Caliborn in terms of personality. Certainly not identical, though, mind you.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2018-05-07 at 12:03 AM.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Anyone here played the obscure roguelite Hand of Fate 2? I find that its villain, Kallas, is a lot like Caliborn in terms of personality. Certainly not identical, though, mind you.
    No, but I've heard of it... and combining abject evil with tabletop pettiness sounds about right for Caliborn's personality.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchic Fox View Post
    No, but I've heard of it... and combining abject evil with tabletop pettiness sounds about right for Caliborn's personality.
    Nonono, I wasn't talking about the Dealer. I was talking about another guy, known as Kallas the Usurper, who...

Well, I'd rather not spoil it. This is getting off-topic anyway.
    Show
    Wow.

I salute you.