New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451

Default Re: Darths & Droids IV: Not in Numerical Order

"Fim said the mamma fiddy, fim if oo tan,
    and they fam and they fam all over the dam"

The song is 'Three Liddle Fiddies' and it's from 1941. Perhaps ironically, it was the song playing on Honolulu Radio when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on 7 Dec 1941.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

The real question then. Is 3PO infected now too? Because while it was fascinating to see Pete work his way through the roleplaying, the actual subplot was rather weak to me.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

3. - Top - End - #453

Anyone else ready to never see these Muppets again?

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Anyone else ready to never see these Muppets again?
    Insert Monty Python "get on with it!" crowd jeers here.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

I don't recognize this week's song at all. Does anybody else?

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by DavidSh View Post
    I don't recognize this week's song at all. Does anybody else?
    The verse structure seems to suggest Walk the Line. Lyrics don't match up at all, but it's the same number of lines at a similar rhythm and the refrain is pretty clear. "Because I'm a clone, I walk alone" and "Because you're mine, I walk the line". Also, Johnny Cash has appeared on the Muppet Show.

The actual song Scooter was singing in the real Muppet Show is apparently "Six String Orchestra", by Harry Chapin. I don't see any similarities to that song in the comic though.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    The verse structure seems to suggest Walk the Line. Lyrics don't match up at all, but it's the same number of lines at a similar rhythm and the refrain is pretty clear. "Because I'm a clone, I walk alone" and "Because you're mine, I walk the line". Also, Johnny Cash has appeared on the Muppet Show.

The actual song Scooter was singing in the real Muppet Show is apparently "Six String Orchestra", by Harry Chapin. I don't see any similarities to that song in the comic though.
    I thought it was Boulevard of Broken Dreams, since the chorus there is literally "I walk alone, I walk alone".
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-07-07 at 07:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    I thought it was Boulevard of Broken Dreams, since the chorus there is literally "I walk alone, I walk alone".
    That was my first thought, but the rest of the lyrics don't really line up.

9. - Top - End - #459

Okay, so 'Janice' is a clone of the dancer from Jabba's place and 'Scooter' is a clone of what's his name the Crynyd was talking about right before he augured in to the Executor.

10. - Top - End - #460

I was wondering when Wedge was going to show up. Didn't expect that.

11. - Top - End - #461

We're finishing with the Muppets, get the usual three strip intermission and then it's on to the Sequel Trilogy! Time to top off your snacks and drinks, gang.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Spoiler: Spoilers for Rise of Skywalker
    Show
    I am so looking forward to how they represent unleashing the cavalry onto the star destroyer. Here's my guess for how it will play out:

"We'll take advantage of the fact that their defenses are calibrated for starship combat ranges. They'll never be able to adjust for the close ranges of a boarding party!"
    "No good. The distances are closer, but the humans running are slower than starships by an amount that is just about proportionate. We need to get faster somehow if we're gonna make this work."
    "Gentlemen, I have an idea."
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

13. - Top - End - #463

Okay, the Muppet arc is done, so next we have the usual triple-filler hit and then back to three a week.

14. - Top - End - #464

RogueGuy

So... Annie is going to play Finn.

*Throws out predictions*

I can't wait for the ride!
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yana View Post
    So... Annie is going to play Finn.

*Throws out predictions*

I can't wait for the ride!
    Kinda fitting though.
    So I guess Pete's BB-8 and Ben's still Chewbacca.
    Jim... Rey? Corey might be the pilot-guy and Sally... I've got no idea. Maybe Kylo?
    I mean Rose isn't in this one and other than that there isn't anyone I can think off.

Unless Jim stays Han and either Corey or Sally takes Rey. The pilot might be Wedge, because shapeshifter.
    But I kinda expect the old characters to be more or less NPCs- maybe voiced by the respective player, but not as their actual PC.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

16. - Top - End - #466
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Okay, the Muppet arc is done
    Finally! And now for real, since the fillers were more muppets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The gang's finally back together.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Kinda fitting though.
    Jim... Rey? Corey might be the pilot-guy and Sally... I've got no idea. Maybe Kylo?
    I mean Rose isn't in this one and other than that there isn't anyone I can think off.

Unless Jim stays Han and either Corey or Sally takes Rey. The pilot might be Wedge, because shapeshifter.
    But I kinda expect the old characters to be more or less NPCs- maybe voiced by the respective player, but not as their actual PC.
    I'm not sure as it would be repeating the Episode IV joke, but I expect Jim will be Lor San Tekka, then end up back with trying to fit Han back into play. I just *know* Jim will end up playing Admiral Holdo from the moment I saw the Holdo maneuver.

I'm hoping Sally will be Rey, allowing her to take center stage this time.

Re-editing: Guesses:

Jim: Lor San Tekka then Han (maybe Unkar Plutt inbetween?), then Holdo, then Zori maybe?. I'd love it if for some reason he was playing Hux.
    Pete: BB-8 it just seems too obvious
    Ben: Jakku villager gunned down with Jim when they don't take the Finn plot hook. Then Chewbacca. Possibly Rose then? I'm not sure I see a good fit for Ben in Eps 8-9.
    Corey: Probably Poe
    Sally: Hoping for Rey
    Annie: Finn, obviously. Taking over Princess when needed.
    Last edited by Dire_Flumph; 2020-03-22 at 05:16 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Kinda fitting though.

It's been a while since I saw EVII, but especially Leia and Luke I see being treated as Yoda instead of Obi-Wan.

So my guesses
    Jim: Some random character who dies, then Han, then Rose for E8?
    Ben: Some throw away before switching to Chewie, possibly changing for 8/9. If he has to take over another character for E8 I'm going to guess Holdo.
    Sally: Rey, with a heavier focus on her technical skills instead of force or comat skills.
    Pete: BB-8. Him and Sally I'm the least sure on, I can easily see Sally as a quirky droid and Pete having built Rey as a tech/combat character.
    Annie: Finn. Han gives Rey the pistol instead of Finn because Jim doesn't trust Annie's characters.
    Corey: Probably Poe, although given how little Poe is in this film maybe Kylo? Although maybe Corey ends up having to take a break for a few weeks and that's why Poe disappears.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jim: Could see him as Lor San Tekka, who then refuses to run, and stays behind to buy Poe and BB8 enough time. But they pretty much did that with Saw Gerrera/Kyle Katarn in the Rogue One flashback already, so my vote is actually on something else. In fact I think he's Poe, and he and Annie have planned it a bit together, that Finn helps Poe escape, and defects. Rolls go horrible, and Jim decides to safe Annie's character at the expense of his own. So when Poe "dies" he goes back to Han. GM brings Pe back as NPC later though (which Jim then takes over again)
    Sally: Rey. She's been sticking to the "Droid = master race" for so long now, everyone might expect her to be the droid, but she wants to try something new. She's grown, maybe she wants to play a more female character now.
    Corey: BB-8. Think the two make a great team, and I think Corey wants to show that you can play a droid that's not constantly rubbing his superiority in everyone's face.
    Pete: Wants to return to R2, but gets called away on a RL emergency with his job that takes up most of the next few sessions, so R2 is mothballed in the corner, but when he returns at the end, R2 magically wakes up
    Annie: We know she's Finn.
    Ben: Here I'm not sure. Chewie at some point. So maybe he's Lor San Tekka at the start. And afterwards he'll be Unkar Plutt.

I can see Sally being BB-8 with the "master race" argument. Corey playing Rey as Luke's actual lost daughter. But that makes for a weird reunion scene in Ep8, so I don't think so.

I don't think anybody is playing Kylo. He may show signs of doubt in the movies, but he is generally the villain of the story, up till the end. Whenever they have scenes together, they're antagonistic ones. I don't see how either of them playing him fits together. (The Vader comparison doesn't apply here, as that was a secondary, secret character). Unless.... he's a spy inside the First Order. And all these antagonistic scenes are where he exchanges information and gets new orders.
    Last edited by Morquard; 2020-03-23 at 05:16 AM.

21. - Top - End - #471

RogueGuy

I have an inkling that Pete will be Kylo. He was showing an obsession with the immortality granted by the japor snippet integrated into Vader's helmet. Guess who has it in the first movie at least?
    R.I.P. Wrecan, he was a true organizer and a gentleman.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Speaking of who's who and old plot-points,
    Spoiler: Episode IX
    Show
    I guess the Palpatine Zombie will be Anakin again.
    Now I'm curious how that will play out.
    Maybe ending with "My Name is Anakin Skywalker?
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Corey: BB-8. Think the two make a great team, and I think Corey wants to show that you can play a droid that's not constantly rubbing his superiority in everyone's face.
    Huh, I actually really like that idea. It also allows us to continue Corey's character development by giving him a character who can't rely on combat mechanics as a fallback like Luke could.

I also think that Rey is going to be revealed as the daughter of Luke and/or Obi-Wan, depending on exactly how long of a time skip the campaign is using. I think we're certainly going to get an earlier reveal there as well considering the Episode title.

I don't think anybody is playing Kylo. He may show signs of doubt in the movies, but he is generally the villain of the story, up till the end. Whenever they have scenes together, they're antagonistic ones. I don't see how either of them playing him fits together. (The Vader comparison doesn't apply here, as that was a secondary, secret character). Unless.... he's a spy inside the First Order. And all these antagonistic scenes are where he exchanges information and gets new orders.
    Agreed, although at this point if they were doing 'there's a spy' I suspect they'd do it with Hux.

Speaking of who's who and old plot-points,
    Spoiler: Episode IX
    Show
    I guess the Palpatine Zombie will be Anakin again.
    Now I'm curious how that will play out.
    Maybe ending with "My Name is Anakin Skywalker?
    Spoiler: Related
    Show
    I don't Anakin's possessing them because Anakin is going to be possessing Kylo. The angry, evil 'Kylo' will be Anakin being in control, while the calmer more moral 'Ben' will be the actual Ben Solo.

Spoiler: E9 specific
    Show
    As for the Palpatine resurrection, I'm going to guess either a Snoke clone or an Anakin clone. In the first case Snoke will be given a radically different backstory, which he likely will be anyway, while the second will be revealed as being part of Palpatine's backup plan for an enforcer if Padme betrayed him(with some of Palpatine's own midi-chlorians used to give him force powers).

Bonus points if it's an Anakin clone and significantly more stable than Anakin.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2020-03-23 at 08:30 AM.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

24. - Top - End - #474

PirateGuy

They like to play around with who is and isn't a PC - see their hinted-at intermission Batman campaign, where everyone except Batman is a PC. So I'm thinking Poe might not be a PC, at least not for the first movie - after all, he's a quest objective here, he sounds like an NPC. Maybe someone takes him over. I could see Jim doing that. And I can definitely see Kylo being a PC, there are a lot of ways to twist existing scenes through creative dialogue to make that work.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

My money's on Sally being Rey and Corey being Kylo Ren, given the two start out antagonistic but grow closer over the course of the story.

I don't think Pete will be BB8; it seems too obvious.

Actually, I could also see the Pete = Kylo Ren, Sally = Rey, Corey = BB8 that was suggested above.

Don't really have anything to add for the rest of them that hasn't already been said.
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by SirKazum View Post
    And I can definitely see Kylo being a PC, there are a lot of ways to twist existing scenes through creative dialogue to make that work.
    While they changed the characters motivations and personality quite a lot every time, the general sequence of events has unfolded as in the movies, just for usually completely different reasons.
    And Kylo and the rest of the team have barely any screentime togehter where one isn't trying to shoot the other. I don't see it.

Especially, considering the GM seems worried that the party might not accept Finn, being a former bad guy/stormtrooper. How would Kylo not be 20 times worse?

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

My incredibly strategic plan of waiting until this thread had a massive resurgence and then assuming that meant the comic was back in full swing has been a resounding success!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    My incredibly strategic plan of waiting until this thread had a massive resurgence and then assuming that meant the comic was back in full swing has been a resounding success!
    Well played.
    Optimization Trophies

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    Jim: [...] I think he's Poe[...]
    Ben: Here I'm not sure. Chewie at some point. So maybe he's Lor San Tekka at the start. And afterwards he'll be Unkar Plutt.
    So far i'm 3/3 with my guesses.
    It's going to be a while till we find out if my others were right too.

30. - Top - End - #480

PirateGuy

Huh. Okay, so Jim is Poe from the get-go. Wait, I get it.

Spoiler: Ep. VII spoilers because Keybounce, remember that people!
    Show
    The GM is bringing Han back precisely because Poe gets captured and spends most of the movie AWOL! Wait, does he get captured before Han shows up? I don't remember. And I'm kinda giving up on Kylo being a PC, especially with him killing Han.

And speaking of which, I love Keybounce's commentary. I guess the only thing I could say about it that he could read is... he puts a lot more thought into this than the people who made the movies did. Which, I suppose, is par for the course for Star Wars.