New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Shadows Over Innsmouth (currently running)

Meh. I wish we had some information, I hate taking a shot in the dark.

super345 are you alive over there?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    Meh. I wish we had some information, I hate taking a shot in the dark.

super345 are you alive over there?
    More information? What specifically were you looking for? If i started dropping hints on who the deep ones were than this game would get a little too easy for the villagers, wouldn't it?
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

I think they just mean first days are pretty annoying in general...
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

IRL games I actually always liked first games. It’s cool to see peolple interrogate each other and run the wrong conclusions based on their first impressions. People cement in their ideas on who are werewolves during session one, and gather evidence to contradict people with later. Their assumptions are always wrong though. But apparently on forum games you don’t see that behavior. That is fine though.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Halfling in the Playground

Hey, sorry for being inactive for a bit- college life. I post primarily from my phone, so I don’t know how to format the colored text ever since they changed it.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Hey, sorry for being inactive for a bit- college life. I post primarily from my phone, so I don’t know how to format the colored text ever since they changed it.
    Do you know how to bold text? It is more or less the same process. Above the text box there is are a bunch of things for editing, and in between the size and the smilies drop down is a capital A. Clicking on it will lower a drop down menu with a bunch of colors. Choose the color you want and the appropriate bracketed words will form around the word. Otherwise, you can put in the number for the color. Red would #FF0000, like the one below.

[COLOR="#FF0000"][/COLOR]

If super345 does not vote for logic in the next three hours, than it looks like you are going to get lynched.
    -

7. - Top - End - #37
    Halfling in the Playground

I know how, it’s just that those options aren’t there on mobile.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    I know how, it’s just that those options aren’t there on mobile.
    No, those options are for mobile too. I am on mobile right now and I can use them.
    -

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry for being so late to the response, i got a little caught up.

The arguments get more and more vicious as the mob grows in violence. Almost everyone is accused of being the deep one, but logic and and basket of puppies receive the most attention. After a while they fiercely question basket of puppies with a barrage of strange questions. They are found to be very nervous about this fact, and they seem to be lie-ing about their innocence. Suddenly a shot rings out in the room as a bullet pierces through basket of puppies' heart. Everyone looks around the room in confusion, but they cannot locate who fired the gun. The room becomes intensely silent at the realization of what has just occured. What have you just done, are you sure that you have done the right thing? In an eerie silence everyone walks home with that jarring thought in their mind. You are not quite sure if you resolved the issue or not.

As the sun settles down in the sky, the deep ones begin their hunt.

Basket of puppies has been lynched. The night phase has begun, everyone who has a night action, please send me a PM detailing them.
    -

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Do we not find out what BoP was?
    Either way, a list of alive/dead players would be nice on phase changes.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    Do we not find out what BoP was?
    Either way, a list of alive/dead players would be nice on phase changes.
    What is a BoP? I will strike through any dead players in the current players list though, that is a good idea.
    -

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

BoP=BasketOfPuppies

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I will not be revealing a person’s roles upon death. The rules set of this game was meant to give the players intense paranoia.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-01-18 at 02:30 AM.
    -

14. - Top - End - #44
    Colossus in the Playground

((I appreciate the thematic reasoning, but doesn't that mean the Deep Ones are all but guaranteed to win, particularly in the absence of any form of seer? Werewolf normally works by the town starting with no knowledge and gaining increasing knowledge as each of them dies. In this game, apparently, the only knowledge the town might ever get is one name of someone who is definitely town and is going to die the next night (if the hunter reveals themself).))

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    ((I appreciate the thematic reasoning, but doesn't that mean the Deep Ones are all but guaranteed to win, particularly in the absence of any form of seer? Werewolf normally works by the town starting with no knowledge and gaining increasing knowledge as each of them dies. In this game, apparently, the only knowledge the town might ever get is one name of someone who is definitely town and is going to die the next night (if the hunter reveals themself).))
    When I was going through play-testing and rolling randomly, the villagers actually strangely had a higher chance of success. Considering as how three people brought this up though, I am probably going to begin to allow you to know whether a person who was lynched was a deep one or not. I was weary about doing so because if I did that, than you could get a very good idea of who the deep one are (EX: if I revealed that basket of puppies was a villager, than you could tell for certain that either logic or Ronnoc was transformed). That might make the game more interesting though if I played it that way.

I apologize if I seem to be making any mistakes, I am unused to how this forum plays WW and surprised to see how different it is from my experience. That should be alleviated over time. For now though I have no issue with changing rules mid-game to make sure that it is balanced though.
    -

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

I believe the difference is that whether or not villagers have a better chance of winning at random, the game shouldn't be random. You could potentially do delayed reveals in the future if you want to withhold some information.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I believe the difference is that whether or not villagers have a better chance of winning at random, the game shouldn't be random. You could potentially do delayed reveals in the future if you want to withhold some information.
    To be completely honest, the game is very based upon randomness though, following this rule set or not. The people who get lynched are very rarely voted on because there is logical evidence to prove so, at least in my experience. I am probably going to start implementig delayed reveals though, seeing as how so many people have brought it up.
    -

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    When I was going through play-testing and rolling randomly, the villagers actually strangely had a higher chance of success. Considering as how three people brought this up though, I am probably going to begin to allow you to know whether a person who was lynched was a deep one or not. I was weary about doing so because if I did that, than you could get a very good idea of who the deep one are (EX: if I revealed that basket of puppies was a villager, than you could tell for certain that either logic or Ronnoc was transformed). That might make the game more interesting though if I played it that way.

I apologize if I seem to be making any mistakes, I am unused to how this forum plays WW and surprised to see how different it is from my experience. That should be alleviated over time. For now though I have no issue with changing rules mid-game to make sure that it is balanced though.
    I support this change, since the Village will mostly be running around with their heads cut off otherwise.

Just curious, Requilac: In your play-test, were you able to ensure the Deep Ones didn't vote for themselves? The result you obtained makes more sense to me if the Deep Ones were voting randomly and helped to lynch each other, instead of working as a unit. The base rules felt in favor the Deep Ones in my opinion, but I was happy to help play-test the rules to see how it turned out.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks_Fall View Post
    I support this change, since the Village will mostly be running around with their heads cut off otherwise.

Just curious, Requilac: In your play-test, were you able to ensure the Deep Ones didn't vote for themselves? The result you obtained makes more sense to me if the Deep Ones were voting randomly and helped to lynch each other, instead of working as a unit. The base rules felt in favor the Deep Ones in my opinion, but I was happy to help play-test the rules to see how it turned out.
    I did ensure that the deep ones could not night kill each-other. I could run a couple more rounds of play-testing, or describe in detail what my line of thinking was in case you all need confirmation though.
    -

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The undertaker took away basket of puppies' body, and managed to find no issue in doing so. Even when the moonlight falls on the corpse nothing happens. You can tell that you lynched the wrong target. Your attempts yesterday only led in failure.

basket of puppies was just a citizen

As you all awaken you walk back towards the town hall, ready to discuss the solution to this problem once again. But on your way there you find a corpse. Lying in the middle of the street you see that logic lies there, dead on the ground. The deep ones have struck once again. The mob forms as you all begin blaming each-other once again. Among your midst are the monsters, and you all can smell it. Enough has happened here today. The violence commences once again.

Logic is dead. The night phase has ended and the day phase has begun. Make your lynch votes now

Surviving players

-basket of puppies
    -Rocks fall
    -Kish
    -Ramsus
    -Kgato
    -Ronnoc
    -super345
    -Xihirli
    -duck 999
    -logic
    -

21. - Top - End - #51
    Colossus in the Playground

Ronnoc, I believe a sinister influence is at work in the death of the unfortunate puppies.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ronnoc is the obvious choice.
    Last edited by Rocks_Fall; 2018-01-19 at 07:39 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Yup. Ronnoc.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoc View Post
    Voting for BasketOfPuppies as BBcode errors are a clear sign of corruption by the great old ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Basket of Puppies is the only currently active player without a vote.
    Looked back in the posts to say: Wait, didn't two people vote for BoP?
    Oh.
    Ohhhhh.
    Ronnoc.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Ronnoc.
    Got anything to say for yourself?
    Not that it will help
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

Xihirli you don't think the games that clear cut? I may be mad but this is Innsmouth, madness is just the first step.

You see, you village folk (and my new fishy bretheren) have bigger Kish to fry, for I have drunk deep of the puppies blood and seen beyond the Murska veil of the p.m. There's another objective in play, another fly in the ointment for Nyarlathotep's come to town. Deep ones and villagers alike have Kgato work together to find the Crawling chaos before he tickles Yog-sothoth into wakefulness.

If that happens, well you better Duck999 because Rocks fall and everyone dies.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Xihirli you don't think the games that clear cut? I may be mad but this is Innsmouth, madness is just the first step.

You see, you village folk (and my new fishy bretheren) have bigger Kish to fry, for I have drunk deep of the puppies blood and seen beyond the Murska veil of the p.m. There's another objective in play, another fly in the ointment for Nyarlathotep's come to town. Deep ones and villagers alike have Kgato work together to find the Crawling chaos before he tickles Yog-sothoth into wakefulness.

I don’t quite know if I should feel terrified, hysterical or just straight up confused. Let’s go with a combination of all three for now. That was probably the best last words I have ever heard, and I am not even quite sure what they mean.
    -

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

I’m just happy I’m last on their list.

That being said, I’m removing my vote. The way the rules are written, it benefits town to have as small of a majority as possible. If only two people vote for the lynched party, and it’s a townsperson, we only have to worry about a 50:50 shot at hitting a Deep One the next day instead of 1/3 or 1/4. There’s no doubt in my mind Ronnoc has gone off the deep end, so it probably doesn’t matter this day phase.
    Last edited by Rocks_Fall; 2018-01-19 at 07:41 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

seeing as how everyone has voted, I am going to end the day phase a little early

The evidence is clear, Ronnoc has truly gone insane and is one of the deep ones. Within seconds after his speech, everyone takes out their guns and points it at the monster. Just before the smoke arises from their barrels the deep one charges forward into the crowd as claws grow form over his hands. A slash is cut across super 345 throats. It would be Ronnoc's last action as the firing range commences and six bullets rip out out of the guns and into him. The deep one is dead, you actually managed to kill the right target.

Ronnoc was lynched. He was quite obviously a deep one. Super 345 was auto-killed for not posting in two day phases

As you do so, you realize that the sun is setting. It seems like everything happened much too quickly, how long were you out here for. Has it actually been that long, or has Dagon brought forth the night early? Or is it an illusion. Regardless everyone heads back to the nearest shelter that they can find and barricades themselves in to the best of their ability. It is all in vain though, as the deep ones prowl the night once again.

the night phase has begun

current players
    -basket of puppies
    -Rocks fall
    -Kish
    -Ramsus
    -Kgato
    -Ronnoc
    -super345
    -Xihirli
    -duck 999
    -logic
    -

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The night phase has ended

All of you hide in your shelters, awaiting for the light of day to return, but it is all for nought to keep the deep ones back. They have decided to mix up their strategies and are deciding to strike in the early morning, just when they think they have made it through the night. The monsters creep towards the place where Kish, the very symbol of a setting sun coincidentally, with cruel intentions. As they slit the throat of the unassuming Kish though they realize too late that someone is watching them too. A sound not unlike thunder shouts out as smoke rises from the hunter's barrel. A deep one collapses onto the ground as the other flees from the unknown threat. When the light finally sets everyone heads over to investigate. They find not only Kish's corpse, but Ramsus' too, distorted with fish like structure and scales.

Kish was night-killed, he was a villager. The hunter was able to slay Ramsus, who was a deep one. The day phase has begun.

current players
    -duck 999
    -kgato
    -rocks fall
    -xihirli
    -