New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Shadows Over Innsmouth (currently running)

So, to recap: We have at least 1 Deep One left (I think), and the Hunter is still among us.

Spoiler: Questions for the Game Master
    Show
    Three questions for you:

1) Will you tell us when we have killed the last Deep One, or do we have to figure that out ourselves?

2) If the Hunter watches themselves, and is killed, do they still have a chance to kill a Deep One?

3) Will you tell us if the Hunter is killed? Or are you just going to say that they were a Citizen.

Voting history wise, Kish and Xihirli voted for each other on Day 1, and Duck 999 voted for Logic, and I have no clue if any of that is significant. In Ronnoc' s final ramblings, I don't see Ramus mentioned (or I could be missing it because I am in a hurry), but us 4 survivors were all mentioned, so, again, I don't know if there is anything significant there.

I see two options. 1) We do a normal lynch, and hope like heck that the 1/4 chance hits its mark. 2) We lynch no one, allow the Deep One to kill one of us (hoping like heck they don't hit the Hunter), and then have the Hunter and surviving Citizen rally and kill the Deep One on Day 4 (hopefully)(Assuming there is only 1 Deep One, and they can figure out who it is). What do you guys think?

If we are going to lynch, then I have a question: Duck999, why did you provide the second vote for Logic on Day 1? (I will wait to cast my vote until I hear back from everyone else)

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    So, to recap: We have at least 1 Deep One left (I think), and the Hunter is still among us.

Spoiler: Questions for the Game Master
    Show
    Three questions for you:

1) Will you tell us when we have killed the last Deep One, or do we have to figure that out ourselves?

2) If the Hunter watches themselves, and is killed, do they still have a chance to kill a Deep One?

3) Will you tell us if the Hunter is killed? Or are you just going to say that they were a Citizen.

Yes there is only one deep one left, that is correct. The hunter is still alive.

1) when you kill the last deep one you win the game, so I kind of have to reveal to you when you kill the last deep one. Otherwise it would be quite a strange ruling to have you lynching each-other after all the enemies are dead

2) the hunter can watch themselves yes, allowing a chance to kill a deep one.

3) I will tell you when the hunter is killed.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

I agree it benefits town to vote no lynch today, otherwise it’s lynch or lose. Whoever the Hunter is should guard themselves tonight. They got crazy lucky choosing Kish last night and hitting the 50/50 to keep it from being 2-3.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

@kgato:
    I voted Logic for no particular reason, as we had zero info day 1.

I agree no vote is good right now. Unless the hunter gets attacked (thus killing the deep one), we will have a 50-50 shot at winning the next day. That's better than the 33% chance we get if the hunter reveals himself now.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    1) when you kill the last deep one you win the game, so I kind of have to reveal to you when you kill the last deep one. Otherwise it would be quite a strange ruling to have you lynching each-other after all the enemies are dead
    I was afraid we would have to call it. After all, if we failed to realize we had gotten them all, we could end up creating new Ones by killing Citizens, thus perpetuating/reviving the game. It would fit with the parinoia theme.

To make things official: I vote No Lynch.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Unless someone wants to interpret those mad ravings from Ronnoc I'll have to agree.

No Lynch
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Everybody was able to make their night action votes really quickly, so it appears that the day phase is being initiated early once again.

The very few of you who remain are emboldened by your success against the monsters, so instead of lynching each-other out of paranoia and fear, you establish a new strategy. Someone will have to be sacrificed, but if your plan succeeds, than all the deep ones will surely fall. All of you make sure to barricade yourselves away from each-other in case one might turn into a deep one. Everyone stands by with their guns in the futile attempt to kill the final monster. Despite this new found confidence though, it does not protect you from the fists of Dagon. When the morning light comes everyone heads out to look for each-other, hopeful to see the corpse of a beast. But instead they find the corpse of duck 999. On his person there is a note written in some horrible language you cannot understand, undeniably holding words of ancient evil. The note reads "Etgay Eckedwray, Crubsay!".

Duckk 999 has been night killed, he was a citizen.

As you look around, you realize there is only three of you left, Kgato, Rocks fall and Xihirli. One person is a deep one, one person is the hunter, the other is really kind of boring. Make your choices wisely now, for if you lynch the wrong target than the deep ones succeed, but if you lynch the right target than the deep ones will finally be gone.

current players
    -Kgato
    -Rocksfall
    -Xihirli

Wow, I can't believe it, this is so dramatically climatic. There is currently a 50/50 chance for both sides to succeed, and the actions of this day will determine who wins.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

I am the hunter.

Care to prove your innocence, Xihirli?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rocks_Fall View Post
    I am the hunter.

That’s not how legal systems work.
    I’ll wait on confirmation.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2018-01-22 at 06:47 PM.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Rocks fall is indeed the hunter. By the rules stated previously in the OP, I must confirm to the group that the person who revealed themselves as the hunter is indeed sincere. Rocks fall is sincere, he is the hunter.
    -

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

I know this won't be confirmed, but I am the "rather boring" one.

Thus, I vote Xihirli for the lynch.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

I am the hunter.

Well, Rocks, I guess it's an Elan/Nale scenario for you.
    kgato.

I'm curious: Why jump the gun and vote me?
    It's pretty dangerous, trying to save the town by voting for the townie to die.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was fairly confident either you or Duck was the remaining Deep One. If you had removed kgato, it would have been tougher for me to make the snap decision.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Wow. That didn't answer the question at all.
    "Why do you think it's me?"
    "Because I think it's you!"

And that is the reasoning you are killing the town with.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Wow. That didn't answer the question at all.
    "Why do you think it's me?"
    "Because I think it's you!"

And that is the reasoning you are killing the town with.
    Compared to a normal game of WW, there’s very little to go off of beyond gut feeling. Day One is usually random, Day 2 was an obvious for Ronnoc and Day 3 was a pass.

The previous day, Kgato proposed the exact same scenario I was contemplating, which would be too balsy of a wolf to do. Now agreeing to it, a wolf would be forced to do, but suggesting it? I can’t make that jump.
    Last edited by Rocks_Fall; 2018-01-22 at 11:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

So he acted in exactly the way a wolf would in order to divert suspicion, and you're taking that as evidence he's not a wolf.
    Got it.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    So he acted in exactly the way a wolf would in order to divert suspicion, and you're taking that as evidence he's not a wolf.
    Got it.
    If you really want to try and change my mind, I’m all ears.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

What can I tell you? You had a 50/50 shot and you missed. I could do the townie secret handshake if you want.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Does anyone have anyone else to say or would you like me to end the day phase and reveal to you who wins?
    -

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I will get around to announcing the end of the game tomorrow, in about 18 or so hours. I am sorry, I am suffering some medical complications and would rather not write anything up right now.
    -

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

I'd like to say that murder won't solve this problem. I think we should give up our violent ways and live in peace. What say everyone dropping their votes?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The last people remaining of innsmouth stand at the ready, for an end to the cataclysm. Almost everybody in town has died since the disaster of the deep ones. And the final direction of the bullet here will decide the fate of innsmouth. If the wrong target bleeds, than Dagon shall triumph. But if the final monster is stricken down, than the citizens will finally bring about an end to this madness. With the visions of the dead fresh in their mind the hunter's pistol lets out its scream one last time. The bullet rips through Xihirli's flesh. Instead of skin being hit though, the screaming metal pierces scales. Xihirli's eyes turn red as they stagger to the ground, their true horrendous form revealed. It was impossible for a normal person to withstand that hit, but the deep one still stares outwards. One final bullet is launched as the beast is felled. The sun rises to its zenith in the sky now. The shadows recede, the deathly pall over innsmouth has vanished. Dagon's servants lie defeated. The people of Innsmouth have won. It was a hard fight, and the cost was massive, but in the end Dagon's cruel grip on the town was severed.

Xihirll, the final deep one, has been lynched, The citizens have won.

For those of you who are still around, I would like to thank you for playing. I truly had a great time with this game. I am sorry about my faulty design to begin with, but in the end it appeared to have all worked out. Thank you once for giving me this opportunity. I know it was not the most original, but I am glad to see that everyone seemed to take enjoyment out of it. What did you all think of the game over-all? Did you like the mechanics presented here? Was i too verbose with my descriptions? Would you all be willing to play another game ran by me? It is not at all necessary for you to respond, but I would like some feed-back if you can give it.
    -

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Shadows Over Innsmouth (reviewing)

So, I'm a tad curious why I was the first nightkill.

The reason that is currently makes sense to me is that Ramsus and Xihirli over-valued my contribution to town. (I know, humble-brag and all.)

Xihirli your last post made it completely obvious you were a deep one. Had you just decided to pass a joke, or were you trying something there?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yay town!

And yes, you as the first night-kill made no sense, considering how it pointed us directly to Ronnoc. It would be interesting to see how the Deep One's voting went each night.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Yay town!

And yes, you as the first night-kill made no sense, considering how it pointed us directly to Ronnoc. It would be interesting to see how the Deep One's voting went each night.
    I unfortunately had to delete a lot of the old votes to prevent my inbox from being filled up, but Xihirli and Ramsus might still have them. Their patterns were pretty similar though, they somehow made similar votes almost every night. I found it hilarious though that duck 999 was in both of the deep one's list all three nights but his only saving grace was the fact that he was never at the top of the list.

@ Ramsus and Xihirli

Why did you all seem to want to kill duck999 so badly anyhow?
    -

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Huzzah!

What did you all think of the game over-all? Did you like the mechanics presented here? Was i too verbose with my descriptions? Would you all be willing to play another game ran by me? It is not at all necessary for you to respond, but I would like some feed-back if you can give it.
    Overall, I liked the game. The mechanics were good overall (I still miss the seer, and playing as a Citizen was a little boring). Your descriptions were good, and not too verbose (good story telling). I would be happy to play another game run by you. I didn't really feel a lot of the paranoia that I thought would go with this game, but that might just be due to how things turned out. It would be interesting to see this game run again in the near future.

One critique I have is that, as Narrator, you might want to be a little more hands off. Once the game has started, unless input from you is directly requested or required (such as clearing up rules, confirming the Hunter, or game updates) you might want to refrain from posting in the main thread, as it may sway player perception. If you need to talk to a player, PM them instead. From what I have seen on the forum, most narrators are fairly hands off once the game gets started. As I have said before, we are essentially roll-playing, and as Narrator, you want to be careful not to break the perceptions that people are trying to build, unless the game specifically asks for it. Best case scenario, the interruption is ignored, or treated as a minor break in the suspension of disbelief. Worst case, the disruption might give away someone's role or completely break the picture they are trying to paint, which could ruin the game for them. If you do find the need to respond to someone in thread, be vary careful about your wording and be mindful about how it will be interpreted. Aim for neutrality. These are just suggestions on things you might want to be aware of. Overall, you did well .

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post

One critique I have is that, as Narrator, you might want to be a little more hands off. Once the game has started, unless input from you is directly requested or required (such as clearing up rules, confirming the Hunter, or game updates) you might want to refrain from posting in the main thread, as it may sway player perception. If you need to talk to a player, PM them instead. From what I have seen on the forum, most narrators are fairly hands off once the game gets started. As I have said before, we are essentially roll-playing, and as Narrator, you want to be careful not to break the perceptions that people are trying to build, unless the game specifically asks for it. Best case scenario, the interruption is ignored, or treated as a minor break in the suspension of disbelief. Worst case, the disruption might give away someone's role or completely break the picture they are trying to paint, which could ruin the game for them. If you do find the need to respond to someone in thread, be vary careful about your wording and be mindful about how it will be interpreted. Aim for neutrality. These are just suggestions on things you might want to be aware of. Overall, you did well .
    Hmm, quite interesting that you brought that up. Almost all of my posts were responses to other peoples thoughts and not so much as my peeking my head in. I normally would have been much more hands off, barely posting outside of the plot updates, but I got quite a bit of questions aimed at me. If the players ask a question of me than I feel obliged to answer and give my reasoning for that. Were those not presented to me I would have spoken much less. That being said, which particular phrases did you think made me seem biased to one side? I was answering mechanical questions for the most part and don’t think I really ever said anything that would change someone’s perception of another character. May I ask precisely what you were referring to? Would you have rather me answered the questions through a PM, left the question hanging and unanswered or change he wording (and if that is the case, how could I word it better). Don’t get me wrong, I appreciate your feed back but I don’t fully understand what you mean by what you are saying.
    -

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Everything else had failed, I decided to go for it.

I feel like if we both wanted to kill him that bad he wouldn't have gone last. Of the three, he was the one I expected to have been one of the two remaining town roles.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

I can't speak for everyone else but one factor in logic getting night killed was that I was hit by the irl bat and missed the vote.
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

@ Ramsus and Xihirli
    No particular reason. In fact, I was rolling for targets since I didn't have any particular reason to target anyone over anyone else.