New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

DrowGirl

Question Some strange dream I had about Nintendo Power Glove

I had dream where NES was still new and everything looked like early 90s. I'm a kid again and I just gotten power glove and of course I'm disappointed but everyone I know is excited and they want to try it. But the glove has seem to give strange properties.

Overtime people with bad eye sight start to see better when they have power glove. Paralyzed people suddenly are able to move their formerly paralyzed body parts so long as they wear a power glove. (I get superman powers for some reason but I'm going to drop that part as that for right now).

So let's say back in 89 when the power glove is released all the gloves have ability to allow paralyzed people to walk and move around. Those with poor or even blind and deaf people to see and hear normally (even if they were born without the ability). People with low mobility due age are also reverse.

There is no explanation how this is happening, as nerves or whatever are fixed it just happens. These effects are gradual and takes about 48 hours of non continuous use of the glove to get normal use of limbs, sight and hearing. And they don't even to set up the tv portion simply wearing the glove count.

How long until people start to notice the effects of the power glove? What would be Mattel, Nintendo and the world's reaction to the glove be. Would they ever notice?
    The day I find a game is the day that HL2 Episode 3 is released!
    My Brandenburg Interactive AAR game for EUIV.
    Here is the recruitment page

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: Some strange dream I had about Nintendo Power Glove

Quote Originally Posted by Akisa View Post
    So let's say back in 89 when the power glove is released all the gloves have ability to allow paralyzed people to walk and move around. Those with poor or even blind and deaf people to see and hear normally (even if they were born without the ability). People with low mobility due age are also reverse.

There is no explanation how this is happening, as nerves or whatever are fixed it just happens. These effects are gradual and takes about 48 hours of non continuous use of the glove to get normal use of limbs, sight and hearing. And they don't even to set up the tv portion simply wearing the glove count.

How long until people start to notice the effects of the power glove? What would be Mattel, Nintendo and the world's reaction to the glove be. Would they ever notice?
    Interesting that you point out Mattel, which manufactured the device only in the United States. Assuming that PAX's version in Japan does not have these properties, this means the effects are limited to one country, at least initially if it isn't limited to a specific population. Information is still not shared as rapidly as it would be today. First, the effect would need to be reported. Before it would be reported, enough people need to be aware that it was happening. The Wikipedia article on the Power Glove cites a Next Generation article that 1 million units were sold. The accessory had a manufacturer's suggested retail price of 75 USD, which was certainly not pocket change, but the NES itself was quite popular and both Nintendo and Mattel marketed well. The Power Glove was also used in The Wizard. I had the impression a portion of its popularity came from that movie, so I'm inclined to think if the cast or crew experienced any positive or negative effects it could increase or decrease the spread. I mean, if the actor playing Lucas ended up getting burned or something, I think he would have still said, "It's so bad," but not in a loving way.
    Last edited by KillingAScarab; 2017-12-31 at 12:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by KillingAScarab View Post
    Interesting that you point out Mattel, which manufactured the device only in the United States. Assuming that PAX's version in Japan does not have these properties, this means the effects are limited to one country, at least initially if it isn't limited to a specific population. Information is still not shared as rapidly as it would be today. First, the effect would need to be reported. Before it would be reported, enough people need to be aware that it was happening. The Wikipedia article on the Power Glove cites a Next Generation article that 1 million units were sold. The accessory had a manufacturer's suggested retail price of 75 USD, which was certainly not pocket change, but the NES itself was quite popular and both Nintendo and Mattel marketed well. The Power Glove was also used in The Wizard. I had the impression a portion of its popularity came from that movie, so I'm inclined to think if the cast or crew experienced any positive or negative effects it could increase or decrease the spread. I mean, if the actor playing Lucas ended up getting burned or something, I think he would have still said, "It's so bad," but not in a loving way.
    Whoops I forgot about PAX, they also get the effect.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Akisa View Post
    I had dream where NES was still new and everything looked like early 90s. I'm a kid again and I just gotten power glove and of course I'm disappointed but everyone I know is excited and they want to try it. But the glove has seem to give strange properties.

Overtime people with bad eye sight start to see better when they have power glove. Paralyzed people suddenly are able to move their formerly paralyzed body parts so long as they wear a power glove. (I get superman powers for some reason but I'm going to drop that part as that for right now).

Wow. That is the Fourth, maybe even Third most LSD fueled Nintendo Power Glove Cure-All Dream I've ever heard about.

Congrates, I guess, I'd hand you a Trophy, but the hand I'm not using to type this is using a Nintendo power glove.

5. - Top - End - #5

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by kinglinus1 View Post
    Wow. That is the Fourth, maybe even Third most LSD fueled Nintendo Power Glove Cure-All Dream I've ever heard about.

Congrates, I guess, I'd hand you a Trophy, but the hand I'm not using to type this is using a Nintendo power glove.
    Ironically I don't do drugs since my job requires drug testing.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe it's because all my dreams are way weird, but this dream sounds perfectly normal to me.