New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: If you were a fantasy land NPC what kind of npc would you like to be?

I guess it depends on how ambitious you are. Aprendices looking for an easy way to power often end up evil even if they didn't plan to.
    Last edited by S@tanicoaldo; 2018-03-15 at 12:48 PM.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: If you were a fantasy land NPC what kind of npc would you like to be?

In the novel A Darker Shade of Magic, and it's sequels by Victoria E. Schwab

Kell is one of the last Antari—magicians with a rare, coveted ability to travel between parallel Londons; Red, Grey, White, and, once upon a time, Black

Each "London" is in a different world (and two of them have a nearly identical tavern/Inn), and the worlds are distinct.

"Grey" London is in what's presumably the 19th century of our real world and it smells of smoke, "Red" London is a bright shining world filled with magic and it smells of flowers, "White" London also has magic, but it's a grim world that smells of blood, and "Black" London no longer has human life.

This ability to travel to different world's, some wondrous, others less so, almost instantly, really intrigues me, I suppose the D&D "Planeshift" ability is similar, so I'm nodding for that.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Knowing my luck, I'd be the guard the adventurers(hopefully) knock out on their way to the BBEG's lair :P

Preferably, though, I'd be the innkeeper. Noones ever killed an innkeeper in any campaign I've seen... yet.
    Last edited by Kallor; 2018-03-15 at 06:19 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

The all-knowing mysterious oracle on some remote, hard-to-reach island/mountaintop/plane who'll answer some questions in exchange for tribute but otherwise doesn't interfere with the plot. Who also may or may not be a dragon or some other powerful immortal. Barring that, a college mage.

Realistically, though? I'd probably end up as some peasant farmer.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

i dunno, probably the town drunk/madman, stumbling around in a stupor, occasionally screaming warnings at people. shouting my mad ravings and terrible prophecies to the sky! and drinking, to dull the horrible visions of a unholy future!

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

I'd like to be the mysterious NPC that sits in the dark corner of every tavern.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Aristocrat. No debate. I would be born into wealth, live my life with wealth and influence, be able to afford all the best health care for me and my family, good schools for my son. I'd study whatever field I wished to know, because I could just bring in a sage to teach me. My spouse would be free to pursue her passions and ambitions because I'd never have to say, "it's not in the budget" ever again.

Heck, I might even pass some legislation now and again... do my area of influence some good.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Easy: Crazy old lady
    All must obey the high lord

I am not responsible for any gremlins left on the property

10. - Top - End - #70
    Pixie in the Playground

Griffon

I have to go with the mostly-retired sea captain, who has an easy smile and a ~mysterious past.~ Is she an ex-pirate? A bronze dragon in disguise? A randomly-rolled collection of stats that the party is reading way too much into? Who knows?? Definitely not the PCs!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    In the novel A Darker Shade of Magic, and it's sequels by Victoria E. Schwab

Kell is one of the last Antari—magicians with a rare, coveted ability to travel between parallel Londons; Red, Grey, White, and, once upon a time, Black

Each "London" is in a different world (and two of them have a nearly identical tavern/Inn), and the worlds are distinct.

"Grey" London is in what's presumably the 19th century of our real world and it smells of smoke, "Red" London is a bright shining world filled with magic and it smells of flowers, "White" London also has magic, but it's a grim world that smells of blood, and "Black" London no longer has human life.

This ability to travel to different world's, some wondrous, others less so, almost instantly, really intrigues me, I suppose the D&D "Planeshift" ability is similar, so I'm nodding for that.
    Are you familiar with Planeswalkers from magic the gathering?
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    Are you familiar with Planeswalkers from magic the gathering?

Nope, I never played the game, but my son has a little.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Nope, I never played the game, but my son has a little.

First minute of this video explains how they work.
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

First minute of this video explains how they work.

That was really neat!

Thanks!

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

Running a magic shop, buying and selling with a 100% markup.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'd be an architect that specializes in rebuilding taverns. Those PCs are always wrecking the joint. I'd be rich!

17. - Top - End - #77
    Halfling in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: If you were a fantasy land NPC what kind of npc would you like to be?

The kind that actually ends up attacking the PCs at the end of the quest like a Werewolf Blacksmith or something

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Four letters, infinite possibilities:

B. B. E. G.

You're welcome.
    Big Bad Egg Gatherer? Is that like a chocobo farmer?

I think I'd want to either be a hermit deep in the woods, or have a tavern someplace far out on a trade route. Either way I'd want lycanthropy of some sort for protection.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

I'd have to go with the tower wizard hermit. It seems like a career with a reasonable degree of safety, and for a nominal hermitage there's inevitably a great deal of social interaction, which suits me fine.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    I'd have to go with the tower wizard hermit. It seems like a career with a reasonable degree of safety, and for a nominal hermitage there's inevitably a great deal of social interaction, which suits me fine.
    Maybe, but all those stairs would be murder on your knees as you get older.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    Maybe, but all those stairs would be murder on your knees as you get older.
    at that point he will be flying in his sleep so no problem at all or made teleport into cantrip and did not bother at all
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I would want to be a friendly old druid living in a forest.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

d20 Re: If you were a fantasy land NPC what kind of npc would you like to be?

Personally I think being some sort of arcane biologist would be interesting, especially with all the strange creatures that exist in different fantasy worlds. In fact, I think that's what I'll have my D&D character become if they make it to the end of the campaign and retire. Would definitely focus my research on the creatures of the various plains... more so if I got an awesome airship or something... kinda like Spelljamer from 2nd ed D&D.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm the guy who repeatedly says "I heard a rumor monsters are returning," then I get killed when the evil empire destroys the protagonist's/protagonists' home town in the first act.

25. - Top - End - #85

RedKnightGirl

d6 Re: If you were a fnatasy land NPC what kind of npc would you like to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    I'd like to be a princess, but I feel like that job would come with too much risk of kidnapping. How about a noble's daughter? That's almost as good, and they don't get kidnapped as often, do they? Then again, most fantasy worlds enforce a pseudo-medieval setting, so chances are the noble's daughter would end up in an arranged marriage at some point. That's not good. I guess I can bump down to daughter of a rich merchant, then? That'll come with a decent amount of comfort without any strings attached. That seems to be the best option.
    No problem we would call you Cinderella. But hey you get three step sisters!
    9 wisdom true neutral cleric you know you want me in your adventuring party

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Some Android View Post
    (...) then I get killed when the evil empire destroys the protagonist's/protagonists' home town in the first act.
    Are you ok there buddy?
    I'm not a native english speaker and I'm dyslexic(that doesn't mean I have low IQ quite the opposite actually it means I make a lot of typos).

So I beg for forgiveness, patience and comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    It's like somewhere along the way, "freedom of speech" became "all negative response is censorship".
    "Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Dwarven smith! Just keep that purple guy with the chin away from me.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beleriphon View Post
    Dwarven smith! Just keep that purple guy with the chin away from me.
    You mean a Giant dwarf smith or just a regular dwarven smith?
    Shamash! The true sun god!

Praise the sun! \o/

I also have a DeviantArt now... Most are drafts of my D&D campaigns but if you want to take a look.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground
    Protecting my Horde (yes, I mean that kind)

Quote Originally Posted by Shamash View Post
    You mean a Giant dwarf smith or just a regular dwarven smith?
    Either, just no purple dudes with weird chins thank you.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    Are you ok there buddy?
    What? No? I don't even - what are you even talking about? That question - what? No? I'm fine. I'm fine as finest fine. And if I wasn't I'd never admit it. I'd just leave a nonsensical post followed by a video to a youtube video:

Who wants to here a joke:

Last edited by Some Android; 2018-06-05 at 04:06 PM.