New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Which Alignment do you Usually Roleplay As?

I rarely make alignment the foremost detail of any given character. Consequently, mechanical necessity to reach the capabilities I want the character to have tends to be what pushes me one way or another. That leaves me around LN more often than you'd think.

That said, I'm perfectly comfortable playing any of the nine in a variety of ways. Thinking of going with an exalted paladin into fist of raziel for the next one so LG with a capital "G" is up next.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

I favor Lawful, but I'm indifferent to the specific alignment.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

I enjoy the edgier side of LN. Man with a mission that doesn't mess around and doesn't compromise. I don't dip into good very often. I'm more likely to deviate into evil than good, for all the right reasons, or so I say to myself ^^.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

LG or NG is my general inclination but I've played every alignment cept LE at this point. Though I usually end up playing N because I often end up with parties that veer heavily into the CN territory.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I have played characters of every alignment.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

I usually determine my alignment based on the character's personality, so it comes secondary. I did some thinking and the last 4 characters I played were: LE, CG, CG, LG. So I suppose CG would be the most common, but LE was by far the most fun.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateGuy

Honestly, over the years I’ve been all over the spectrum...

On a side note, I don’t fall into the camp of alignments being a handcuff to your character. Good people do bad things, lawful people stray from their codes. Neutral people may find their balance tipping one way or the other over time... it’s not a static thing that your character can never stray from or change as the character develops.

However, alignment is an important part of the greater D&D cosmology. In a world so connected to various outer planes, God’s, demons and devils and the like, I see it as they type of energy your soul is attuned too (an important thing for spells such as smite evil to work). It’s also why certain classes and powers work when you act true to an alignment and can be lost when you stray...

There is also plenty of room for a large variety individually while staying within the alignment guidelines (just check out the various characters in the sapphire guard. LG doesn’t have to be a soulless evil smiting robocop).

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

In case anyone was wondering, I voted for Lawful Good. So many people seem to hate it though, ah well.