New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Bloodsong's Oasis: Restaurant and Speakeasy

[Private Dining Room]

"Me?" Lucy smiles with a twinkle of mischief in her eye. "Just someone with more money than sense, right? Kings, counts, barons, noble lords and ladies, princes off a'searching for their beloved fair maidens. People in power who are used to the comfort of their wealth, now dragged into an unfamiliar world. I'm sure you've seen plenty of people like me."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

Private Dining Room

Sam nods.
    ”Sure I have. Plenty of times. But-“ he holds up a finger. ”That doesn’t answer my question.” he insists.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #33

[Private Dining Room]

"Doesn't it? When you're used to living a life of comfort, you don't always notice when you're wandering into danger." Lucy shrugs and wolfs down the rest of her meal, letting her otherwise polite demeanour drop for a second as she engages in a somewhat less civilised method of eating. She sets the empty plate aside and breathes out contentedly. "Good food here, right?"
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

Sam shrugs. He’s not exactly delicate when he eats either. He will be through his first entree momentarily.
    ”Sure is. But don’t think you’re getting out of this so easily, Missy. I haven’t missed how you never answer anything I ask you.”

5. - Top - End - #35

[Private Dining Room]

"I dunno about thaat. I-I'd say I do answer them. I just, uh, don't give the sort of answer you want me to give!" Lucy leans back in her chair and takes a sip of water, "I suppose I just don't see much worth in talking about where I'm from? I'm here now and that's kinda that, isn't it?"

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

”But Lucy, how can I properly brag about saving a princess or a noblewoman if I don’t know who she is? I couldn’t just boast and lie about the details!” moans the spigre piteously.

7. - Top - End - #37

[Private Dining Room]

"Well I've told you my name. And you were there so you know all the details of the rescue. And knowledge of my home would be meaningless to you and anyone else around here, soo..." Lucy can't help but crack a brief smile at Sam's dramatic performance. "I suppooose I could give you a couple of small details if you really need them. What would you need to be able to brag effectively about rescuing me?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

Sam smiles at her, genuinely. With perhaps only a pinch of mischief.
    ”Oh, just any impressive titles you might have. How many would have thrown themselves at my trotters over your rescue if they were here, and the incredible reward I’d have gotten.” he jokes to her.

9. - Top - End - #39

[Private Dining Room]

"Oh, just that, huh? Hmm..." Lucy falls silent, thoughtful, one could easily imagine the gears whirring away furiously in her mind as she tries to figure out what she should or shouldn't say.

And what, if any of it, should be truthful.

"Weeeell, my title is something of a historical one that has kind of lost its meaning in recent times. My wealth is vast but no one gives me tithes or anything. I'm fortunate in that I had a few dedicated guardians who would doubtlessly have been grateful, but aside from that I'm afraid no one would be throwing themselves at your trotters. So, um, your reward would basically have been me throwing money at you. Which I can still do, I guess."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

”Oh, so you’re like one of those Queens after their country stops being a monarchy?” he says, recalling a few of the books he’s read. And at least one English story-book.
    ”That’s nice. You got money and bodyguards without the responsibility.” he does take note that she doesn’t bring up her parents as part of her entourage, but he’d never bring that up. He knows that pain.

11. - Top - End - #41

[Private Dining Room]

"Something like that, sure. Nothing as fancy as a queen though. But saying I had no responsibility would be a bit of a stretch too." Lucy frowns and awkwardly scratches at her hair, abruptly falling silent.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

Sam tilts his head, playing dumb.
    "Well, I guess I don't really get it, then." he gives her a respite though, by tucking into his second meal at the moment, tearing it into nothing in minutes.

13. - Top - End - #43

[Private Dining Room]

"Complicated, political boring-y stuff. Don't worry about it." Also don't worry about chewing, apparently. Lucy maintains a rather neutral expression though...either she's not even slightly put off by Sam's messy eating, or she's just got a very good poker face.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

Sam's not that messy. He doesn't get a speck outside of his plate. He's just not refined in any conceivable way.
    "Lucy, I'm sorry for grilling you like that. Is there anything else you want to talk about?" he asks her politely.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Krayger is no slouch in his hygiene, though he’s never quite gotten to the point one might call his coat glossy. His horns might, though as he’s very particular about polishing them.
    He looks up and starts to open his mouth when a rune flashes through his brain with an unheard peal of giddy laughter. At this point he knows what this means, and would likely feel panic, horror, or something of that nature. But of course we couldn’t have pesky emotions like that killing the mood, so Rassa’s curse takes that tight ball of emotions and shoves it down the chutes marked for “admiration” and “lust” in his brain, leaving him with fluttering eyes and a fast beating heart.
    ”I’m pretty sure we’re the same size, buddy. What have you got for someone who’s had a long day? Preferably something I can have plenty of.” he says, wth a look that might be staring off into the distance remembering the horrors of the day. Or it could just be him absent-mindlessly admiring the barkeep’s frame, though realistically they are actually about equals in that regard.
    [Bulls]

"Maybe. But I know that I'm not little," says Asterios, picking up a cocktail shaker. "What about a little bit of spice to chase the doldrums away?" He tips a little spoonful of whole pink peppercorns into the shaker, a couple of rough brown sugar cubes, some slices of ginger and basil leaves, and a generous squirt of lemon juice. The muscles in his forearm bulge impressively as he muddles the mixture with a wooden rod, pounding with smooth, practiced strokes. The (normal-sized) cocktail shaker seems almost comically small inside his giant hands, though he seems confident, not delicate at all as he pours in a generous measure of gin and ice and gives the whole thing a shake.

"Enjoy," he says, pouring the hazy, candy-yellow cocktail swirling with flowery pink flakes into an oversized coupe, which he pushes with a single finger over to Krayger.

[Elves]

At some other time, Cass and Raril will show up here, after a possibly ill-advised mindshare. Cass looks much better than she did in Astrana's office - well... not a lot better, but she stopped throwing up at least? It's progress! She's still looking a little pale, and a lot distracted, not having provided much conversation on the way over.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2018-01-20 at 03:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bulls]

Krayger watches appreciatively, taking the drink and sipping it. He supposes that the other minotaur might be a little taller than him. He's used to admiring chests and muscles with his kind, but not quite this way and not for mixing drinks of all things. Good thing there's magic telling his brain not to worry about it.
    "Alright, big, then. We can settle on neither of us being little. Never seen a drink like that, but I guess that's because I usually stick to ale."
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2018-01-20 at 05:31 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elves]

Raril was looking concerned by Cass, and was hoping a bit of food would help her buck up. The drow pays for a private dining room with a balcony view over the main stage, as he quite liked music.

"Let's get you something to eat, hm?" He suggests to Cass, as they're shown to a table.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

[BULLS]

As girly as the brightly colored drink might look, it's certainly not lacking in flavor. The pink peppercorns are more floral than spicy in flavor, but plenty spicy enough when combined with the sharp snap of ginger and piney juniper berry flavor of gin provides a triply aromatic punch that isn't boring, to say the least.

"That's one I learned at my second job. I'd say you're missing out, but I don't begrudge anyone for liking what they like," he says, with a wink.

[ELVES]

Well. Being stuck in a private balcony alone with the person whose memories she just took a deep look at wasn't quite what Cassandra was hoping for. Plus it's harder to ogle the hot minotaur bartender from up here.

She doesn't raise any objections however as Raril rents the room, which does at least have a nice view of the stage, the ettin singer starting to croon her next song into the microphone.

"I'm okay with that," she says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

[Elves]

Raril settles into his chair and watches the stage his foot slowly tapping in time to the music. The drow picks up his menu and orders himself a seafood dish, something fresh from the river, along with a bottle of wine, Cormyrian Fireamber if they had it. Good for chasing away the winter's chill.

"What would you like?" He asks Cassandra.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

[Bulls]

Krayger leans back with the drink. Maybe he’s just enjoying himself, or maybe he’s showing off a little himself. After all, he’s never slouched in training and unlike somebody he isn’t making a show of hiding it.
    He also makes a note of the other’s hands. Mostly out of curiousity as human-pattern hands seem to be more common on variants of his race.
    ”Sounds like a fun job, whatever it was. And what sort of things do you like?” he says, with a smile and a raised eyebrow. Or the closest thing to an eyebrow he has.

21. - Top - End - #51

[Private Dining Room]

"Oh, no, don't worry about it. That was hardly a grilling. I can't claim to be completely free of the shackles of a noble's duties, but it's nothing I need to go back for and nothing I can't do here." Lucy picks up the drinks menu and flicks through it, putting a finger on a particularly fruity cocktail - "As for other things to talk about - well, the history and leadership of Inside, Riverside and Skyside would probably be worth knowing at some point, but I doubt you're one for history or politics so for now, would you care for something a little stronger to drink?"

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

Sam's phone buzzes. He looks at it, stares at it, looks back up as he puts it down, and says, "Yeah, that'd be great. Get me something strong, will ya?"

23. - Top - End - #53

[Private Dining Room]

"Something strong? Sure, I can do that." Lucy nods and wanders off.

And returns a short while later, not having got completely lost again! In one hand she has a faintly bubbling yellow drink that smells of everything tropical, and in the other a rather intimidating looking glass bottle full of a dark brown liquid, and two glasses. "I asked for something strong and this is what he recommended - so I bought the bottle!"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

Sam raises an eyebrow.
    "Uh, you know that if you're here you're going to run out of money eventually, right? Are you sure you want to keep throwing it around?" he asks her, worried about these habits of hers.

25. - Top - End - #55

[Private Dining Room]

"Hmm? Oh, no, not at all. I'll be fine!" Lucy smiles and takes a sip of her drink, "No need to worry about me. I've spent decades throwing it around without issue."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

Sam seems...unconvinced.
    "Yeah, but like, that was back home. Here, you only have what you have on you right now, unless you can magically make more.
    How much do you have on you?"
    he asks her.

27. - Top - End - #57

[Private Dining Room]

If Lucy picks up the doubt in Sam's voice, it doesn't show. She's still smiling.

She nods at the satchel by her side. "There's plenty in here!"

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Room]

"Okay, but if you don't find a way to get more you'll run out eventually. I know that and I have a seventh-grade education. Now, what did you get for me?" Sam asks her, shaking his head. How is she so conniving and yet somehow also so ditsy?

29. - Top - End - #59

[Private Dining Room]

"Trust me, Sam. I'll be fine." There's an odd note of seriousness and sincerity to Lucy's voice as she says that. She peers at the bottle in front of her and tilts her head as she reads the label. "Uhh, I dunno? Something...strong. Says this bottle contains a hundred units. Is that a lot?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

[Private Dining Rom]

Sam tilts his head a bit and squints at the label.
    "That doesn't make sense. A hundred units of what?" he asks, confused.