New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Bloodsong's Oasis: Restaurant and Speakeasy

Sam shakes his head. Very briefly an extremely large key materializes in his hand, spins wildly around his wrist by the guard, and vanishes in a shower of little sparks.
    "Sometimes it's fun. When it's helpful." he says with a goofy smile.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    Fayyaad gasps quietly, his breath catching. He expected Kal to be good at this - the other tiefling had the air of an experienced man. But now he finds himself swept off his feet a little bit. He dives back into the kiss, his arms wrapping themselves firmly around Kal's back - one going up to his shoulders, the other in the crook of his back.
    Eventually, Kal withdraws, just a little.
    "Would you like to find someplace more private?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad's breath is still quick and warm as he looks Kal in the eyes and holds him close.

"I do happen to have a nice place I acquired recently. I'd love to you show you around."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Hookup, Line and Sinker?

Normally, Marina would respond to being called her lady’s favorite with ecstasy and pride - but for once her reaction is notably conflicted. There’s a nervous unease as the maid smiles, eyes avoiding her mistress as she composes a reply.

”I... I believe I’ve proven myself more than loyal, eager enough to do anything it takes to satisfy your wants and needs.” The innuendo seems entirely unintentional. She wrestles with her nervousness for a beat or two, and she finally works up the courage to address Suzie directly. “But... well, I don’t want to just earn your favor and attention. I - I adore you, milady, and I want to - I want to be more than just another minion to you.”
    [Little Fish, Big Ambitions]

Suzie's eyes widen slightly, caught momentarily by surprise by her minion's boldness. Sure, she'd maybe suspected something (or maybe she's just fooling herself into thinking that - this is Suzie we're talking about), but she figured Marina was far too subservient a minion to ever actually express her desires. She leans back, eyeing her minion thoughtfully as she considers her response.

And it takes a minute, for once not out of any desire to make her minion squirm, but genuinely taking a while to think this through. Everything was so much easier as a kraken. Any squirming it causes in Marina would still be nice though.

"Well then, Marina." Suzie pauses for a moment to let that sink in. Rare is the occasion where she actually uses her minion's name. "If you truly wish to be more than just a minion to me, then you know what you have to do, don't you?" She asks, smiling softly, with just a hint of sinister intent to it. "You'll have to think of some way to really earn my attention, and keep it." The sinister edge vanishes as she leans forward again, "And that was not a bad start." She admits, faintly acknowledging that it was quite impressive for Marina to have the nerve to say that.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Kal smiles, tossing some coinage on to the bar to pay for their drinks.
    "You lead the way, then."

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Fayyaad wraps his arm and tail around Kal's waist and leads the way out of the restaurant.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deathkeeper View Post
    Sam shakes his head. Very briefly an extremely large key materializes in his hand, spins wildly around his wrist by the guard, and vanishes in a shower of little sparks.
    "Sometimes it's fun. When it's helpful." he says with a goofy smile.
    "Nice," Kathy says in response, "What exactly does the key do? You've got me curious."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam smiles and holds up his hands.
    ”Oh, it does most everything it probably shouldn’t. It opens locks even though it doesn’t fit, it cuts even thought it’s almost blunt, and it works like a wand even though I’m a custom-made organism without any intended casting ability.” He was going to say magic but he doesn’t think that’s true. He’s fairly sure some of his systems are magic. The Ethereal’s technical jargon did not convince him otherwise.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Kathy stares at the large pigman for a moment, "... You somehow got your hands on a real keyblade? Ugh, why should I be surprised? This is the Nexus, after all."

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam notices the look of recognition she seems to have, and the sense of derision. ”Kathy, aliens made me by copying original-me’s brain into a giant pig-dude body that can stick to walls and I’m best friends with bubbly vampire who constantly gushes about visiting a world populated by cars. My first sword was forged in the furnace of a young star and its creator named it Steve. My life is a constantly growing trainwreck of weirdness.”

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'm torn; either I should avoid you to keep from getting caught up in your weirdness gravity well, or stick around just to see what happens," Kathy says, smiling. Wonders never cease, eh?

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam laughs, shaking his head.
    ”Nothin’ weird ever happens to my friends, just me. I’ve cooked for MERC for ages and none of them have gotten any worse than they already were, I promise. My vicinity is totally safe. ‘Specially because I’m easy to hide behind.”

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

"So you're a weirdness lodestone! I definitely need to stick close to you, then. I've already had too much go weird for my liking," a sigh at that. Dammit, don't think about that crap right now. focus on the delicious food!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam smiles and nods and pretends he knows what a lodestone is.
    ”Had a rough week? It happens.” He doesn’t inquire further. That would be prying.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nah, just bad memories right now," Kathy says, and takes a swig of her drink, "I need to do something fun right now, keep me from sliding into a funk."

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

”Well. I admit I’m not really an out-on-the-town kind of guy, so most of what I do for fun is a pretty long ways off. But I’m your man if your definition of having fun involves cheesecake.” Because he really had been prepping to make some of that for ages.
    ”I do the shooting stuff sometimes but I’m rusty. Hasn’t felt the same since I lost my fancy gauntlets.” Judging from the mech has figures that she probably likes shooting stuff.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Kathy leans in towards Sam, a startling look of intensity in her eyes, both natural and bionic. One can even hear the whirring of little gears inside her left eye as she looks at Sam with deadly, laser focus.

"You make Cheesecake?"

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam is taken aback. He’s only been glared at with such intensity a few times before.
    ”Yeah, it’s one of the desserts I’m good at making. I’ve been meaning to try out this recipe where you put chocolate chips into the mix before you bake it. Do you uh, like cheesecake?”

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Kathy nods, her intense gaze never wavering, "Yes, one could say I like cheesecake," Understatement that that would be.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam struggles to break eye contact under that crushing gaze.
    ”Um, well, my place is in Inside but if you really want some you could help out a little while I make it?” he suggests. She seems nice enough. And he’s not particularly worried about a guest being trouble.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'd love to! I can't bake worth a damn, but at least I can help." It's been so long since she's had a damn cheesecake. This'd be really nice.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Sam nods and drops some money on the counter for his drink.
    ”Well, unfortunately I didn’t come here in anything faster than these trotters, so you’ll probably have to squeeze that chassis through public transportation.” he says, though they will probably manage to land in Home regardless.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's fine; I can take whatever you can, I imagine," Kathy says, and moves to pay for her food and climb back into the mech, so she can follow Sam out of the bar.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Bugbear in the Playground

Reel Big Fish Ambitions

It's an anxious minute for Marina, though not in the least because of the implied threat of death - Marina would never truly believe her lady would have her killed. Besides, there's so many other, far worse possibilities. Y'know, like being kicked out with nothing to her name, never to see the woman she adores so much ever again. The very thought makes her shudder.

Hanging on to every word as Suzie finally speaks, Marina nods attentively, cheeks starting to glow with an awkward glance. Partly from fangirling over that praise and being addressed in such an intimate way, and partly because of the implications she reads into those words. Still, there's something that holds her back from sheer excitement.

"E-earn your.... You- you don't mean right now, do you? Y-y'know, um, right here?" Marina stutters, eyes glancing about to emphasize all the people around them. "But... well, before we even, er, contemplate that... er, when I say I want to be more than just another minion to you, I... I really mean it." She squirms a little. "Suzie, I- I don't want this to be just a one-way thing. I don't want to just be another fling for you to- to enjoy and discard." She looks up to meet her gaze. "Can you promise me this?"
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

25. - Top - End - #235

[Splash Landing]

Suzie leans back and crosses her legs, the heel of one boot "accidentally" bumping against Marina for just a moment before she adjusts herself, resting her chin on one tentacle thoughtfully as she stares at her loyal fishmaid.

Poor thing, she's completely misunderstood.

But it's ever so tempting to let this little misunderstanding of hers continue for another moment or two.

"Oh Minion, I'm sure you don't need to worry about that. Just because those other minions that tried to earn my attention couldn't perform under pressure with legions of my followers watching, I'm sure you'd manage just fine, wouldn't you? Even if I did say you had to earn my attention right here, right now." She whispers those last few words, grinning malevolently.

Suzie pauses, watching, enjoying every little bit of hesitancy in Marina it causes...then her smile softens, she sets a tentacle-full of money down the table, and slips round beside Marina, setting one tentacle on her chair and offering her a helping tentacle up with another. "Poor Minion, I think you misunderstand a little. None of them ever made it to any sort of fling stage. No, it is just the way things must be for a kraken. When krakens wish to mate, they must earn each other's respect. Usually through violence. But I wouldn't encourage that approach from you. No, you must think of another way of proving yourself worthy. I'm sure you'll rise to the challenge, and when you do, you can be sure I won't just discard you out of hand." She lets another tentacle slip around Marina's waist, chuckling, "But now that you've made your interest clear, you can expect to be teased a little more than usual in the meantime."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground

Maidliest Catch

Marina's face turns bright with embarrassment as her mistress leers at her from across the table, squirming awkwardly. W-well I'm- I'm not sure, it's - I mean, I feel I could perform, but it's not - that is, I'm not the most proficient in, er, that.... She stutters ineffectually, far too engulfed in such anxieties to notice the change in Suzie's demeanor until the kraken places a tentacle upon her chair, causing her to look up with a start before awkwardly accepting her mistress's help.

"Ah, I... er, apologies for my misunderstanding, milady." She continues to avoid the kraken's gaze, but a warm little smile creeps into her lips as Suzie wraps a tentacle around her. "If it is what you demand, then I shall prove myself worthy of your affection, assuming it is within my capabilities." She affirms her resolution with a newfound confidence, trying her best to adopt a businesslike tone despite being so flustered.
    "Are we living a life that is safe from harm? Of course not, we never are. But that's not the right question. The question is: are we living a life that is worth the harm?"
    ~Welcome to Night Vale

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SliiArhem
    Arkh I may be slightly delirious but I don't think that would make sense even if I was coherent.

Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? Try joining our Discord server!

27. - Top - End - #237

[Catch a Fishmaid by the Tail]

"I look forward to it."

Suzie takes a moment to tuck her staff away near the base of her tentacles, then uses all four of them to sweep Marina off her feet.

One round her waist.

Two round the base of her tail.

One near the tip of her tail.

And in one swift motion before Marina can react, Suzie lifts her up, dangling her upside-down by her tail, and cheerily strolls out of the restaurant.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

Previously, on Bloodsong's Oasis:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Morty
    Wenomir is waiting in the restaurant with a mixture of anxiety and anticipation. Vigil's grizzled commander is dressed in uncharacteristically fancy clothes. A light blue, striped dress shirt and dark grey trousers. Which isn't all that elegant... but compared to Wenomir's usual, it certainly is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashen Lilies
    Cass shows up, a little later than expected. She's dressed in a casual little black dress with a wide crisscrossing X band thingy over her chest. And tall, strappy black heels.
    She scans around the tables anxiously until she spots Wenomir, then smiles, walking over quickly.
    Wenomir smiles and looks up when he sees Cassandra. "Cass. You look fine this evening," he says.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash
    "Thanks," says Cass, smiling and giving Wenomir a quick once over. Well, quick-ish. So maybe her gaze is lingering a l i t t l e bit, especially over those shoulders of his. In that shirt, mm-hmm. "You don't look so bad yourself. You clean up nicer than you might think, anyway."
    She takes a seat.
    "Sorry I'm late. My lizards decided just as I was leaving was a great time to try and dig up their entire vivarium to make a spot to lay eggs," she says, looking and sounding distinctly unamused. "Neither of them can lay eggs."
    "Do I?" Wenomir smiles. "Maybe I'd realize it more if I associated it with pleasant occassions like this one and not official events." When Cass brings up the lizards, he quirks an eyebrow. "I think I saw those lizards when I visited you, but too much was happening for me to take a closer look."
    "Ptolemy and Alexander," says Cass. "They're shock lizards."
    "Shock lizards. Not the most unusual pet I've heard of, I suppose." Wenomir leans back in his chair. "Koshal does have a dog that is also his shadow and teleports from place to place. So it would depend on just how... shocking they are."
    "Enough to be nasty if they're feeling pissy," says Cass, wincing. "Especially with two of them. I've had to use magic to put them to sleep once or twice when they wouldn't calm down... but most of the time they're very sweet."
    "My father used to say I have a good hand with animals, but I haven't really had a pet in... well, ever. Nor household animals, ever since I decided to be a warrior instead. Maybe I can try to see how I'll get along with your lizards. Though I can't put them to sleep if they try zapping me."
    "I'd like to see that," says Cass, looking amused. "You have a lot of space in that house. More than you used to at the old base. Have you never thought about getting a pet? A cat, maybe? Or a dog! One that can dig holes all over the base and the training grounds!"
    Wenomir breathes out.

"Don't I know it. I have no idea what to do with so much space. The room I found you in is the only upstairs one I really use, and that's mostly to hang up weapons. I've never really thought about a pet. Do I strike you more as a dog person or a cat person? Or something stranger. Faye would like that, I suppose."
    Cass thinks for a moment. "I'm not sure, actually. You're quiet, but you're always active. I can see you lazing around the house with a cat, wanting the whole world to go away. But I think a dog would be a good companion on your runs and while you're training."
    "It does get a little lonely and quiet on longer runs," Wenomir admits. "Few people are willing and able to keep up with me. I've never thought about a dog, but... well, I've done a lot of things I never I thought I would.
    Cass smiles. "I think it's a good idea. Something that will enjoy all that fresh air that you get up there."

At some point their waiter, a burly orc woman with elegantly permed hair wanders over. "Either of you two interested in a drink?"

Cass glances down at the drink list, which she hasn't touched, and then at the bar.
    "Oh, Asterios is working tonight. He knows me. Bartender's choice," she says.

The orc lady nods, making a note. "And for you, sir?"
    "Some green tea, please," Wenomir says, before turning back to look at Cass. "You know the bartender here?"
    "MERC has a discount here," says Cass, glancing back over to the bar and watching the minotaur bartender. "The bartender's good conversation. And one of the owner's sons is something of a mystic. Knowledgeable about spirits, and surprisingly well connected."
    "Working in an establishment such as this one helps keep one connected, I imagine," Wenomir says. "It's been... a long time since I visited places like this regularly."
    Cass gives Wenomir an amused smirk. "A boy like you? In a place like this? I'm surprised."

"Tell me all about it."
    "I used to visit such places on duty," Wenomir says, managing to sound haughty. "Watching out for villains and opportunities for adventure. Then I went and became a big, important person. Now, if we're talking about my misspent youth... that's a different story."
    "And?" says Cass, leaning forward. "I'm curious"
    At this point, the waitress returns, bringing a little drink trolley with her. She serves Cass first, placing a bright yellow cocktail garnished with a sprig of jasmine in front of her, and then placing a small porcelain cup in front of Wenomir, which she fills from an earthenware teapot.
    "Ready to order?"
    "Hmm. I think I'll have a roast quail," Wenomir tells the waitress with a nod. Turning back to Cass, he says: "I went to taverns and alehouses in two capacities, really. One was as a country boy who was amazed to find places with more than one kind of drink, one that didn't smell of dirt. The other was as a bodyguard. I had to be sober for the second one. My employers were frequently wealthy, but almost invariably of low birth. I had to watch their backs in various seedy places."
    "I'll have the Coquilles St.-Jacques. And Camlar Pinos Gris. Thanks," says Cass, smiling at the waitress. The waitress nods, and departs, leaving the trolley with the teapot behind, by Wenomir's side of the table.

Cass takes a sip from her cocktail, listening thoughtfully.
    "Hmmm... I think I know the type," she says, smiling, before her voice drops low, practically purring. "You must have been quite a sight, hovering over all those overstuffed peacocks. I'd love to have seen it."
    "Looking impressive and intimidating was part of my purpose." Cass' tone sends a shiver up Wenomir's spine and he can't help but play along. "Of course, I had a lot less scars back then. But I was already perfecting my menacing scowl. It's been a lifetime of practice"
    "It's practice well spent," says Cass, sounding thoroughly amused. "I know one or two fences and career criminals who could benefit from a dose of your menace."
    "I'll consider that if I ever need a career change," Wenomir replies, not quite managing to sound serious. "Besides, my master taught me to only draw my sword if I'm ready to use it. If can lay someone low just by glaring at them, so much the better."
    Cass notices her bosses starting up their own date on another part of the floor, suppressing a sigh. So much for privacy. Though...
    "Oh, I'm sure you'll be huge success," says Cass, gesturing under the table as she quietly draws an illusion across the room. It's not something that would hold up to scrutiny, but if any onlookers are currently distracted, perhaps due to being on, say, some kind of date, it should be enough to maintain a little privacy.
    "You know, they have private booths here as well. Or a little balcony upstairs. You know, if you wanted to get a little closer."
    Wenomir glances over in the direction Cass did. He can't blame her for feeling awkward having a date with her bosses in the earshot. Besides, getting a little closer sounds fine by him.

"That sounds like a fine idea. The private booth, maybe?"

[Date Night]

Cass nods, beckoning their waitress over. They discuss quietly for a bit, and then the waitress goes off into a back door - not into the kitchen area, but rather a door that looks like it leads to a separate dining room. After about a minute, she returns, nodding to Cass.
    "There's a balcony available for you," she says, to the both of them, grabbing the handle of the tea cart and leading them through a side door. After leading them up a flight of stairs (the tea cart handed off to a bus boy who takes it up an elevator), they'll find themselves into a balcony overlooking the main stage, where tonight an ettin in a sequined red dress, with heavy makeup on both her faces, is crooning out a romantic melody, backed by an all-orc jazz band, with the exception of the pianist, who is a scrawny, dark-skinned elf.

Wenomir might notice that this isn't an ordinary box. For one thing, the decorations seem somewhat esoteric for a jazz club; hanging painted totems and a few animal skulls with braided charms and fetishes hanging off them. There's a small bookcase off to the side bearing a number of heavy leather tomes and wrapped scrolls, with an end table and a lamp there. But in the center of the balcony, there's a low dining table with a trio of large, comfortable arm-chairs pointed looking straight out over the stage. It's not the *best* view in the house, but it's definitely a good second or third best.

Cass smiles a little.
    "Yes, this is much better," she says, sitting in one of the armchairs as the waitress pulls the drink cart back up by the table. "Thank you."

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

[Date Night]

Wenomir takes a close look at their surroundings. The view is indeed splendid, but there's something unusual about this balcony. What was it...

"This wouldn't normally belong to one of the owner's sons, would it? You said he was a mystic."

He can be surprisingly perceptive sometimes, can't he?

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

((Quotes for the scene as it continued on Discord.))

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia
    [Double Date]

Cantata seems a little nervous as she enters Bloodsong’s - and it’s not hard to guess why, considering she’s dressed up for tonight. The backless back dress she’s put on tonight looks brand new, it’s skirt less flirtatiously short and flowing than usual, and the heels she’s picked out are certainly smarter and more subdued. She also doesn’t tend to wear earrings or a necklace even on jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus
    [Double Date]

Fettina slides in after Cantata, moving with a grace she usually doesn't bother to effect. It pairs well with the glitzy strapless gown she wears, backless and low cut and clinging to her by means unknown, shining with dewdrops of light as if studded with a thousand diamonds. She puts a hand on Cantie's back.

"Don't be anxious. My friends aren't that cool," she lies. She looks around for the pair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar
    [Double Date]

Tina might spy the pair already sitting at a table. Kirk sits with his arm loosely draped over the back of Dena's seat next to him. The drow is actually already looking right at Fettina as she meets his eye from across the room. He gives a little wave of his hand to make sure she actually sees him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller
    [Double Date]

Dena was more interested in Tina's date as she was pretty sure she had seen her somewhere before... no way. It was the assassin.

How in the world did they meet? Tina better not have given away some information about Magtok if they were dating. It would look bad for MERC.

Of course, the advantage with sunglasses is that they can't see exactly who she's looking at. "Hello there, lovers. Are you the 'good news'?" She adresses Catana with a confident smile. "I heard a lot of nice things."
    [Double Date]

The woman straightens up a little as she feels Fettina's touch upon her back - cold, yet strangely pleasant. She turns and attempts to give the angel a reassuring smile, a hand moving to clasp hers, although her eyes briefly wander as Fettina's scintillating gown catches her eyes again. It's hard not to marvel at something so spectacular.

As they approach, Dena might catch that she's not the only one who goes through a moment of recognition. Eyebrows raise briefly as Cantata recognizes who the snake-haired woman at the table before she greets the duo with a faintly nervous smile and a small wave. She responds with a friendly shrug before giving Tina a warm and inquisitive look.
    [Double Date]

Oh gosh, there they were. This was exciting. Fettina loves bringing people together. She favors Kirk with a charming little wink before she tugs Cantata over.

"She's not the best news, but she's pretty good, huh?" Fettina leans over and plants a cold kiss on the songstress' pale cheek as they approach. She folds her fingers naturally into Cantie's.

She looks from Dena back to her date. "What? These are two of my favorite people in the world, of course I'm going to tell them about you." Tina goes up and pulls out Cantie's seat.

The pair from MERC will have had a few Cantata-facts chirped at them. She's Fettina's new friend, they're getting pretty close, she's a musician, she's a badass secret agent or something. She will have also, thankfully, informed them that Cantie is mute.
    [Double Date]

Kirk looks at Cantata, seeming to size her up. His eyes narrow slightly. It's a piercing look, and not all that friendly. But then in a flash his expression softens and he smiles. "It's nice to meet you."
    [Double Date - obligatory joke about someone’s bra size]

Secret agent, or assassin? They could be synonyms in some cases. Though it still didn’t explain who they worked for.

Dena makes a sign gesture.

She knew a bit of one version of sign language but as it seemed she only needed to know one audio language around here, it might just do.

Really now? That makes me curious as it’s going to be hard to beat her.” She eyes Catana and makes another couple of sign gestures where she inquires how she ended up with a hot head like Tina. Her technique isn’t perfect but if sign languages work like all other languages in the nexus....
    [Double Date]

You didn’t tell me they would be my new bosses, Cantata signs as she takes a seat, and her eyes light up as she recognizes what Dena’s signing. Well, mostly. There’s one or two gestures that don’t quite match her own dialect, but she’s able to get the gist. We bumped into each other at a ball a while back and had an absolutely wonderful night dancing together, she answers readily. There’s an excited and infatuated glimmer in her eyes as she signs. I’m not sure if I fell for her when she carried me above the dance floor in front of everyone, or when I fell asleep in her arms a couple nights later.
    [Double Date]

Tina gives Kirk a look that seems to mean 'behave' in a very STERN manner. As stern as little Tina can manage, at least. Then she chokes a bit. "Oh. Your new bosses. Riiiiight. To be honest I kind of hadn't considered that." She looks back and forth rapidly between Dena and Cantata, feeling suddenly left out!

"Kirk, no poor marks if she misbehaves tonight, okay? I forbid it." She nods. Again sternly! Hmhm. Yes. The real boss is here now.
    [Double Date]

Kirk raises his eyebrows and gives Fettina an entirely innocent look. Whatever could she mean? "It depends on how she does so, doesn't it?"

"I'm afraid I'm at a disadvantage here, however. I don't know any sort of sign language." He holds up his hands, as if to show how uncommunicative they are.
    [Double Date]

That does sound like Tina. She doesn't [sign meaning 'meeting half-way'] anything. Dena signs back, seemingly lacking a few words in her vocabulary and is improvising.

Then she turns to the others, more than a little surprised that Tina didn't know sign language if they had gotten so close. "I'm just asking how she met Tina. But I get it." Then she goes back to sign language. So how do you communicate? Through writing?
    [Double Date]

There's a silent chuckle as Cantata responds to her first comment with a nod and a fond little smile. She seems about to elaborate on her own experiences, but pauses in embarrassment when Kirk speaks up - she was so eager to communicate with someone who could mostly understand her that the others' abilities had completely left her thoughts. She nods again, slipping her phone from her pocketbook and typing a quick response before looking back up at the two drow and raising a hand. She mimics the shape of a phone with her fingers and gives them an inquisitive look, attempting to request their phone numbers.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2020-02-23 at 05:18 PM.