Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Thinking about getting back into Deathnote-Want questions answered beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    No that was definite coincidence. Any other minute that meeting would never have happened.
    Yes, it is a coincidence, I just don't think it's too much of a stretch of randomness. Both of them have reason to be there in that specific location, and their reasons are closely related, the only random part is the timing.

Thats better reasoning though. Il give the show another shot.
    Just a heads up, there are occasional spots where a plan requires significant luck at some point. When that happens, though, the one who makes the plan is running short on options and time, and it's still the deliberate plan that makes the lucky event even possible.
    Last edited by Douglas; 2018-01-02 at 11:31 AM.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Thinking about getting back into Deathnote-Want questions answered beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Making a side note here that the rules governing the live-action Death Note are rather different from the anime, especially regarding mind control.
    The video I linked has absolutely nothing to do with the live action movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by actual quote from this forum
    So yeah. your wrong.
    Check out Camp Archimedes, a (slightly homebrew) mercenary camp full of interesting units. A great addition to any campaign (in my very biased opinion)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    I think the answer was pretty satisfactory: The death note is actually as OP as you'D think, but it is limited by the owner's intentions (become god, only kill criminals and opponents, be publicly known AND have a positive image).

I've acually popped in just to add one thing I found very interesting (even though I've never watched/read the series): why the death note would completely and utterly fail today.

Spoilers: it's because of Shia LaBeouf. Not even joking.

https://youtu.be/r8OfANX2hEw
    That video's being highly optimistic about the timeline. While I agree with the basic premise, initial information is tightly controlled by Light. It's not really until the L test that name+face can be considered a viable theory because there's no real evidence (which still requires time to set up), and they'd need time to get into police records to work out the police connection. But once you're there, then yes the video is right that it's a matter of weeks until the police have the information needed for an arrest, especially as L is the kind of person who'll use such methods of gathering information as much as possible.

The biggest obstacle isn't solved, that the culprit's son is trying to prove him innocent, but L can probably make a convincing case to him after a month or two.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    The video I linked has absolutely nothing to do with the live action movie.
    Sorry. I couldn't check Youtube where I was at, and I thought Shia Labouf was one of the actors in the live-action movie.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

I didn't know power gamers where inhuman now.
    Man, I never knew using critical thought was a superpower. Man I wish I was an Xman instead of inhuman.
    Powergamers themselves are humans. Their characters on the other hand are human only to get the bonus feat at first level. If allowed, they would generally prefer to be half-djinn of royal lineage.

Unfortunately, as wooden as the Inhumans are they are still far more convincingly people then a character controlled by a power gamer.

A power gamerís character is more comparable to one played by Shia Labouf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    A power gamerís character is more comparable to one played by Shia Labouf.
    Ouch. Funnily enough im not a powergamer myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.