New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Default the point of light and heavy crossbow?

I mean say heavy crossbow vs longbow it is only 1 damage higher on average AND you need a feat to even
    use heavy crossbow if you have extra attack, so I guess my question is: is there any reason to use a heavy crossbow over a longbow except ofc fluff reasons? :)
    Last edited by Spacehamster; 2018-01-06 at 06:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: the point of light and heavy crossbow?

I suppose that slightly better damage adds up if you're firing off multiple attacks per round. Other than that, I guess you use it if you like crossbows and don't mind firing one like a semi-automatic rifle.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: the point of light and heavy crossbow?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacehamster View Post
    I mean say heavy crossbow vs longbow it is only 1 damage higher on average AND you need a feat to even
    use heavy crossbow if you have extra attack, so I guess my question is: is there any reason to use a heavy crossbow over a longbow except ofc fluff reasons? :)
    If you're arming masses of troops that don't get Extra Attack, like a militia or adventurers hirelings, they will do an average of 20% more damage with heavy crossbows opposed to longbows.