New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

d20 Support with building out spores druid

I am playing a reborn spores druid who is currently about to become level 4. I have:
    12 str,
    18 dex,
    16 con,
    14 int,
    19 wis,
    4 cha.

I am playing them as a melee shillelagh build who will sometimes cast a support/control spell.
    For this reason I am thinking of going with a half feat that increases wisdom, something like fey-touched or shadow-touched.
    However, would it be better to maybe go polearm master since i have found myself often not using my bonus action.
    Or, is it better to go with a multiclassed level in monk for better ac and bonus action attack, instead of polearm master.

Any help is much appreciated :D.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Support with building out spores druid

Quote Originally Posted by Someloser View Post
    I am playing a reborn spores druid who is currently about to become level 4. I have:
    12 str,
    18 dex,
    16 con,
    14 int,
    19 wis,
    4 cha.

I am playing them as a melee shillelagh build who will sometimes cast a support/control spell.
    For this reason I am thinking of going with a half feat that increases wisdom, something like fey-touched or shadow-touched.
    However, would it be better to maybe go polearm master since i have found myself often not using my bonus action.
    Or, is it better to go with a multiclassed level in monk for better ac and bonus action attack, instead of polearm master.

Any help is much appreciated :D.
    If you want to lean hard into Symbiotic Form, Monk will generate a lot of attacks (and good AC, given those stats). Monk 5 will maximize that.

If you want to maintain your Druid progress, Polearm Master still generates significant offense.

Going to Echo Knight 3 or 5 also offers a lot: Fighting Style, Action Surge, Manifest Echo (letting you make melee attacks without being in melee), and Unleash Incarnation for nova damage.

Note that shillelagh can be a bonus action conflict unless your DM lets you pre-cast it.