New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

Default Re: Do TPKs happen at your table?

Does True Resurrection (or whatever it is called) require the body? I thought it did not if you knew the dead person’s name.

Too tired to look it up right now.
    Last edited by ZorroGames; 2018-01-11 at 09:16 PM.
    With one exception, I play AL games only nowdays.

I am the eternal Iconoclast.

Mountain Dwarfs Rock!

Song of Gorm Gulthyn
    Blessed be the HAMMER my strength which teaches my hands to war, and my fingers to fight.

Otto von Bismarck Quotes

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Do TPKs happen at your table?

Quote Originally Posted by ZorroGames View Post
    Does True Resurrection (or whatever it is called) require the body? I thought it did not if you knew the dead person’s name.

Too tired to look it up right now.
    It looks to me like that'd be up to the DM, depending on how they read the spell:

You touch a creature that has been dead for no longer than 200 years and that died for any reason except old age. If the creature's soul is free and willing, the creature is restored to life with all its hit points.
    This spell closes all wounds, neutralizes any poison, cursed all diseases, and lifts any curses affecting the creature when it died. The spell replaces damaged or missing organs and limbs.
    The spell can even provide a new body if the original no longer exists, in which case you must speak the creature's name. The creature then appears in an unoccupied space you choose within 10 feet of you.
    Bolding and italicizing mine, obviously. There's an argument to be made there that, by RAW at least, the spell only provides a new body and doesn't require you to touch the corpse if there is no corpse to touch. Some DMs might be more lenient about it than that, though, and/or read it differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    And sometimes you just wake up and you've been a bit touched in the head and there's something whispering in the back of your mind, but you have no idea if it's real or what it really wants, just that now you have a little telepathy. Old Ones! They know how to party.
    Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    The Warlock is Faust: the Musical: The Class.