Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: Creating new gods for Pyria - all ideas and suggestions welcome.

Whoops! I missed the last 5 notifications for this thread. Ill get some serious catching up done over my impending off days.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Pryia homebrew world. Come look, ask questions and find your path to glory!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Firbolg in the Playground

Weyoun: [The Destructor]
    The Pure One
    Home: mirrors and minds
    Alignment: Neutral Good
    Worshipers: rulers in general, evokers, the desperate, people of good alignment
    Cleric alignments: Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral, Lawful Good
    Domains: Good, Fire, Healing, Destruction, Creation, Repose
    Favored weapon: Spear
    Symbol: a rubied gold crown
    Sacred animal: a phoenix
    Sacred colors: gold and crimson
    In Weyoun of Pyria, we have the destroyer who recreates from the ashes of fire. He is the god of the Phoenix, the god of destruction, who rules over the ashes, only to recreate from dust that what was once laid waste. More than that, Weyoun purifies the willing evil souls that wish to be transformed. Weyoun is a god that stands against Andrigor with extreme vehemence, even to the point of hunting down wicked doers who follow Andrigor. Weyoun is the creator of the Phoenix race. It is said that Weyoun is actually a Red Dragon that turned good and achieved apotheosis.

In Weyoun, we have a god of creation through destruction, the purification of evil through fire, and many esoteric meanings of the element of Fire. Weyoun's ultimate goal is to destroy Andrigor and the evil gods, thus reigning in an era of goodness and life, preferably for eternity.
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2018-01-30 at 02:14 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Spoiler: The Purifying Flame
    Show

A greatsword hilt which appears to be burnt and useless, in the hands of the faithful becomes a powerful relic of woe to foes of Weyoun.

When wielded this hilt grows a blade of flame which not only ignites combustibles and injures living or undead, it weakens metal it contacts, reducing hardness with each successful attack. Thus attempts to parry this blade will result in the parying weapon's destruction. Multiple hits on enemy armor weaken it, leaving the wearer vulnerable. Of course, attempts to Sunder the weakened blade must be made by the weilder.

Three times per day the blade can be used to Heat Metal as the spell, cast at the wielder's level. This requires the wielder to execute a full attack on the same target for a minimum of four rounds in a row after declaring the attack. If the attacks stop or are interrupted for any reason the heated metal begins to cool one category per round, from searing to hot, from hot to warm, and from warm to unheated, so in the case of an attack which is interrupted in the second round, which would inflict Hot category damage, in the third round this will cool to Warm damage, and in the fourth it would do no damage.

Once per day the blade can be used to create a Fire Shield, (Warm Shield effect only.) To all appearances the wielder becomes engulfed in flames. The caster level is the PC level.
    Last edited by brian 333; 2018-01-31 at 09:50 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Also is there any reason the sacred animal for Andrigor is an owl?

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    Spoiler: The Purifying Flame
    Show

A greatsword hilt which appears to be burnt and useless, in the hands of the faithful becomes a powerful relic of woe to foes of Weyoun.

When wielded this hilt grows a blade of flame which not only ignites combustibles and injures living or undead, it weakens metal it contacts, reducing hardness with each successful attack. Thus attempts to parry this blade will result in the parying weapon's destruction. Multiple hits on enemy armor weaken it, leaving the wearer vulnerable. Of course, attempts to Sunder the weakened blade

Three times per day the blade can be used to Heat Metal as the spell, cast at the wielder's level. This requires the wielder to execute a full attack on the same target for a minimum of four rounds in a row after declaring the attack. If the attacks stop or are interrupted for any reason the heated metal begins to cool one category per round, from searing to hot, from hot to warm, and from warm to unheated, so in the case of an attack which is interrupted in the second round, which would inflict Hot category damage, in the third round this will cool to Warm damage, and in the fourth it would do no damage.

Once per day the blade can be used to create a Fire Shield, (Warm Shield effect only.) To all appearances the wielder becomes engulfed in flames. The caster level is the PC level.

It's a great sword. Pun intended.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Sorry everyone I've had the proverbial boot to my throat with work and have been mentally exhausted. I'll be digging into each of these items posted very soon. Thank you for staying with me because I need every bit of help I can get running two groups IRL.

Things that are coming:

Review of deities and domains used on very first post
    Clarification on which domain combos haven't been used
    Things I would love to see
    Open to suggestions
    Clarification on what I've developed on the pantheons of the world
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Pryia homebrew world. Come look, ask questions and find your path to glory!

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

If you're just now getting to these I should probably consolidate the things I wrote.

Mortal Andrigor: level 5 blade adept arcanist, level 5 spherewalker, level 10 bloatmage.

Favored weapon: trident, homebrewed to work with spherewalker because the starknife is associated with Desna.

Andrigor past: In life Andrigor was a bastard to a line of sorcerer kings, he usurped the throne, performed a massive blood sacrifice to become a god, but neglected to leave behind any followers leaving him in a sort of limbo for several years. This weakened him to the point that he con only appear through dreams and conduits to his realm (mirrors and artifacts of his).

Andrigor had an obsession with body modification which rendered him unrecognizable as even being human. This obsession carried over into godhood. Andrigor rewards followers who provide him with interesting and exotic body parts with which to make him a new body. (You mentioned Andrigor being androgynous and his followers hunting down powerful creatures, this is my reason why.)

Also why is Andrigor's animal the owl? And how do you spell Andrigor?
    Last edited by Jackalias; 2018-02-05 at 06:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #98

Quote Originally Posted by Hazeeb View Post
    Sorry everyone I've had the proverbial boot to my throat with work and have been mentally exhausted. I'll be digging into each of these items posted very soon. Thank you for staying with me because I need every bit of help I can get running two groups IRL.

Things that are coming:

Review of deities and domains used on very first post
    Clarification on which domain combos haven't been used
    Things I would love to see
    Open to suggestions
    Clarification on what I've developed on the pantheons of the world
    IF you feel like this, don't forget it.